The Legend Of Zelda: Oracle Of Hours

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Lin99

Lin99

GMC Member

• 243 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 11:47 PM

Hey guys. I've been working on an engine for this game, and it's great (My friend said it feels just like the original games) and it does. I tried to get it perfect, and right now there's no bugs. It has...

-A perfect start menu
-Full sword use
-A perfect start menu (Just like the original games) *Only weapon change screen*
-Beginning screen
-A moblin... Walks and shoots arrows
-Chests with getting items
-Shield using
-Falling in holes
-Drowning in water
-Room to room with right view
-NPCs, and talking to them
-Dialog
-A header. Displays rupees with correct font, weapons, 100% like the original game
-Combat (obviously)
(Sorry, just had to show off :snitch:)

Now, I posted it here because it's an idea, sort of. An idea of making the OoH maps into a game. I talked with Jon Leung (Creator of OoH maps) and got the base info.

I need someone to help me make a storyline, involving Farore. It's got no storyline so far (I had a partner helping with the storyline, but about 2 weeks ago, he just randomly disappeared and hasn't logged onto MSN since... :rolleyes:)

Bottom line
Do you guys think it should be made into a game, or forget it and make my own game (Either way, one will be made)?

Discuss
-The storyline
-What to do
-Keep the custom weapons Jon made (Spinner and such. Already replacing one.)
-Anything else

Story type
Same as the originals. Well, same type. Either Farore gets kidnapped, something takes control of her, etc... Example...
Din was taken and frozen by Onyx. Nayru was taken over by Veran.

Maps & stuff
All of the maps can be found here, including dungeons. The dungeons show Jon's custom weapons.
http://www.vgmaps.co...daOracleOfHours

Other info to help
-Starting at the place RIGHT above the Maku tree.

-Night and day system - Controlled with the statue things laying around. Part of the story involves what you should get to control it... Eg, the Harp of Ages and the 3 states. 1 would change back and forth with those. Another melody would make you go from night to day anywhere, and the last melody changes anywhere. Or, like the Rod of Seasons... Where it's able to be changed by the item.
**Need suggestion for that. Which of the two?**

Tell me what you think,

~Lin

PS: If this isn't exactly an idea in a mod's point of view, feel free to delete... I guess. I'm not sure but I needed to know what I should do.

Edited by Lin99, 10 February 2009 - 12:28 AM.

#2 Qahs

Qahs

GMC Member

• 1 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 12:13 AM

So far what you have sounds really good. :rolleyes:. just a quick question what are the custom weapons that Jon said that where going to be in OoH's. Also what kind of storyline would you like people to come up with
the more linear kind of story line like link has to got point A then point B. Or something where he can choose like he starts at point A and can either chose point B or C. Depending one what you choose could change
the storyline.

#3 -GhostGames-

-GhostGames-

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 527 posts
  • Version:GM8.1

Posted 10 February 2009 - 01:35 AM

Only a little bit like my annouced game? hmm.. we'll see.... :rolleyes:

REX [||||||||||] (Alpha)

#4 felmet

felmet

GMC Member

• 3 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 12:41 PM

I see that there are no maps for indoor stuff like caves and houses, are you planing to make them yourself or have you found someone to help ypu with that?

#5 spader555

spader555

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 901 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 12:44 PM

I didn't see it or play it yet but if the game looks close to oracle of seasons or oracle of ages, i would say go for it. I would like to see ricky the kangaroo again

#6 Yal

Yal

Even though the GMC may be gone, our love will prevail eternally

• Global Moderators
  • 11774 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 01 February 2010 - 08:58 AM

Hmm... I don't have much time right now, but I'd like to contribute with a storyline.

Question:
Will the game have a deep story line, or an excuse for collecting 8 artefacts?

I'll be back later.

Edit:
>I'm back!

OK, my first suggestion would be to call the game Oracle Of Secrets. After all, that's Farore's title in the Oracle series (remember, you're supposed to tell her the passwords from the other game when transporting data between the two Oracle games?)... not to mention that she was originally (Ocarina of Time) a goddess...

Using that name, you could have effects like people stopping talking with each other all across the land, starting to keep everything secret to their family and friends. So everybody would be grumpy and mean until you start to collect the Essences Of Secrecy. A suggestion of items:

Rod Of Secrets: obtained rather early. Simply, swing it in front of suspicious areas (like the indents that could be secret bases in Pokémon Ruby) and the secrets in them would be uncovered. There's four spells you can equip the rod with: Dawn, Day, Eve and Night. Each spell will uncover secrets during that time only. And some areas will be trapped in, for instance, eternal dawn, which disables the day cycle that's affecting most of the overworld.

Hourglass of Time: found halfway or longer into the game. Simply, you can equip it with different types of sands, which have different effect when you use it. Simply, changes the time into one of the four times. Those sands can be found at different places of the game world (there should be four deserts spread around in the world, each one with a pit of Time Sand)...

Sand Pouch: store the Time Sand in this. Sprinkle it on stuff for different effects... Kinda like the seeds of the other Oracle games.
Pep Sand: Sprinkle on withered plants (bomb flowers, for instance), old men with aching backs, et cetera, to revitalize them. Used for some mysteries like that. Use in hourglass to call forth the morning.
Sun Sand: Sprinkle on things, and it would have the same effect as the old good Magic Powder. For instance, changes the appearance of the green electric jelly monsters, turns Spinners into faeries, turns people transformed into racoons back to normal, and it lights torches as well, and, well, it there's no other target, it simply creates a fire where it's dropped (which lasts just a few frames, but long enough to damage enemies). Use in hourglass to call forth the day.
Sleep Sand: Sprinkle on e.g. castle guards or other NPCs to make them fall asleep. Sprinkle on monsters to make them slow down. Also makes ghosts retract. Use in hourglass to call forth the evening.
Darkness Sand: You can carry very little of this (or rather, you use a big quantity of it at each use)... it freezes the time around you for a short while. This enables you to e.g. get on platforms that moves too fast for you, crumbles, or so on. Enemies are frozen as well, but they act as solid walls which you cannot hurt or walk by (and they won't hurt you either). Use in hourglass to call forth the night.

This is where I try out the link in your first post.

You know, well, you should make a world map on your own. The dungeons look well planned ( by the way, Death as the boss in Clock Tower? That's a wonderful meta-reference! :medieval:)

Anyway, as for the story, the final boss, who should have a connection with the older games in the series... hmm... oh, never mind that. A dark scientist from Steamtown revives (or creates, or whatnot) Link's Shadow, the final boss from Zelda II: The Adventure Of Link as well as the mini-boss of the Water Temple in Ocarina of Time. Steamtown is a town of steam powered engines, scholars and libraries, and polluted water. It's roughly the size of Clock Town (LoZ:MM), which would be around 4x4 screens big in gameboy size. It should be the style of Narshe from FF6 (FF3 in the U.S.), but without snow.

Anyway, the chief scientist of the city captures Farore with the help of Link's Shadow, which triggers people around the land to hide things from each other and go rude in general. Then he kidnaps the queen/female president on top of that, and goes into hiding and ruling the world from a huge flying island. When travelling by boat (as Link does after beating the True Final Boss of OoS/OoA) Link sees the island rise from a nearby continent, and the water animal (forgot his name, since I had Ricky in my playtrough of OoS) appears, and tells Link about the stuff that happened (you will see these things happen it cutscenes, of course! And Link only gets the basic information on the boat, "There's happened something terrible in Terzea! Follow me!").

Link arrives in one of the smaller villages near the beach of the island, Thamasa Village. That's where the game begins, and you go around and discover that people has been turned into grumpy and annoying people not giving away any information (well, you can bribe some NPCs with a lot of rupees to get their information), and understand that something's terribly wrong. Then you wander into the cave on the beach, in which you find a crystal that allows you to communicate with Farore, who briefs you about what's happened and tells you to go to the first dungeon. And each time you've beaten a dungeon or reach keypoints in the plot, she gives new information, just like the Trees did in the Oo series.

So, you collect all the Relics of Secret and Hours, then go to the flying island and save the day. How's that story? It's taken me 30 minutes of typing, so you'd better read it trough properly!

Edited by Yal, 02 February 2010 - 08:32 AM.

- The above is my personal opinion and in no way representative of Yoyogames or the GMC, except when explicitly stated -

Open this spoiler for my games:

Spoiler

Some useful game engines, music and other resources at affordable prices:

My collection of game resources at itch.io

New user? Can't draw but want to look unique? You can request a new avatar in this thread!

#7 felmet

felmet

GMC Member

• 3 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 01:57 PM

Even tho I dont really have anything to do with this game I want to say something about Yal's last post.

I liked the story and how well you had thought through the items and what they to etc. Only one thing really, would it really be necessary for lin99 to make a whole new map including dungeons? I mean he's already got the green light from the map maker and maps for the whole overwolrd + dungeons. Think it would be more difficult to start making all new maps. But if lin99 is up for it then of course he should do it, more fun to make a game of your own "dream zelda world" :)

#8 Hello-World

Hello-World

GMC Member

• 105 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 04:00 AM

THere have been no posts in this topic for a while, it might be dead...

But I'd LOVE TO SEE THIS GAME MADE! Sounds awesome man! Make it! :)

#9 Yal

Yal

Even though the GMC may be gone, our love will prevail eternally

• Global Moderators
  • 11774 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 03 February 2010 - 11:27 AM

10th feb 2009????????? Oh, I really missed that one. >_<*

Sigheth.

- The above is my personal opinion and in no way representative of Yoyogames or the GMC, except when explicitly stated -

Open this spoiler for my games:

Spoiler

Some useful game engines, music and other resources at affordable prices:

My collection of game resources at itch.io

New user? Can't draw but want to look unique? You can request a new avatar in this thread!