if you don't get something or find an error, post it here and i'll see if i can't help ya.
Items covered in the tutorial:
- basic layout of the software
- basic tools used for pixel art
- explanation of concepts such as layers, paths, and channels
- tips for using the GIMP for pixel art
- in depth look at optimizing images and creating pallets for sprites/textures
btw, for those of you who don't know, the GIMP is the GNU Image Manipulation Program. this is free, open source software that is easily obtainable. so there is no reason you should be stuck in the vice of MS paint anymore. Get it HERE
i'll be hitting you guys up with a 3D modeling tutorial in a week or two as well. keep an eye out for it if you're interested.