SezriMember Since 25 Jun 2015
Offline Last Active Jan 19 2016 07:03 AM
Well. I never took the time to write anything here, but then I signed up for Secret Santa and realized some poor fool has to be mine, so, for courtesy's sake:
I grew up LOVING games, especially for mobile devices, but to me they were some form of alien technology that we lowly humans were merely fortunate enough to have access to. At some point (when I was 15 or so) a friend of mine mentioned making games.
"MAKING games, you say? Impossible; it cannot be done."
Well, that sparked my interest and some time around 2012 I downloaded GM 8. I promptly abandoned it upon learning that it was a Drag and Drop program. Pathetic, aren't they? Well yes, I was. Anyhow, some time later, I was in a highschool Physics class and my teacher mentioned game making. Dredging up the old files on my computer, I learned about GML.
"Wow," I thought, "I CAN USE WORDS." And there was light.
I spent the following summer learning GML from the manual and a lot of trial and error. The next year (my senior year) I was busy with school and slowly forgot about from GM:S. Then, lightning struck, and for some reason I don't actually recall I started using it again but a lot more than I had before.
Now, here I am. Going to the University of Utah majoring in Entertainment Arts and Engineering Computer Science (Top EAE CS school in the Nation, fun fact). Course, it's only my first semester. But it's awesome. Also, Python isn't half as great as GML (though GML totally needs the "in" statement), just had to throw that in there.
Now, for the non-game related About Me (in other words, you can prolly just be done reading now):
- I'm LDS, which is one of the defining factors of my life. I leave for Naga, Philippines January 20th, 2016 to put my life on hold for two years and serve an LDS mission. In other words, I'm really gonna miss y'all, see ya in 2018.
- I absolutely love to read and write, my dream being to become a fulltime freelance game maker/writer.
- I love dogs, cause they're better than cats. Sorry but it's TRUTH.
- I love my bubble of a life, and hope it never pops cause if it does I'll be really down on my luck.
There's more but I don't feel like typing any more. See ya around.
Oh, one last thing, because reverse googling my name didn't work, my name is Nate.
- Group GMC Member
- Active Posts 153
- Profile Views 1289
- Member Title MIA till January 2018
- Age 20 years old
- Birthday June 1, 1997