GMSDB is an extension for GMS and GM8.1 (GM8.0 users, see this) written entirely in GML that provides a set of functionalities to manage an in game database. This extension is born, and is still available, as a set of scripts. If you prefer to use the scripts (to see how they work or extend them), please refer to this topic
- Comprehensive database system with no external dll or extensions required
- Allows creation of an unlimited number of tables and table columns
- Data retrieval scripts that allow complex sorting and filtering of records
- Reads and saves database tables to the file system with its own format
- Can read an save records to CSV files, to be edited in Excel or text editors
- Tables and table columns are global and identified by name, no need to store and pass around table_id variables or similar.
- Works on GM8.1 and Studio
The zip file contains the extension, examples and scripts for GM:Studio and GM8.1.
IMPORTANT: The gex includes all the database functionalities, but the zip files contains a .gml scripts file that has to be imported in your project along with the gex itself. Please refer to the manual for more info.
An online version of the manual can be found HERE