(yeah, really, that's the name)
Tested on GM81, also should work with
What is this?
ffsIMF is an IMFLib.dll wrapper extension. Basically, it lets you play .imf and .wlf AdLib music files. Those were used in many games by ID and Apogee in the early 90s: Wolfenstein 3D, Commander Keen, etc.
It better suits for playing .wlfs though.
How do i use it?
Just include the extension in your GM project, use imf_play(filename, false); to play a song once. Use imf_stop(); to stop it. That's it.
Other functions are described in readme.txt. An example (GM8.1) is also included, along with some music (by ID Software).
Where do i get it?
(last updated 02.05.13 14:14 GMT+4)
- IMFLib.dll is included in the extension. It is placed into your game's working directory after startup, removed from there before shutdown. At least, it should be.
- IMFLib.dll was created by Ripper of Chaos Software. I just modified it a bit and wrote a rather bad wrapper.
- This thing is quite volatile, as it uses the WinAPI WaveOut. I'm afraid it might blow up. Use at your own risk.
- imf_set_vol() actually sets the WaveOut volume, so everything using that will be affected (probably including GM's sound system).
- Other information included in readme.txt.