Name: Bacteria 2
Category: Puzzle game
Size: exe: 2.7 mb, gm6: 1.8 mb
Version: :( (for source registered version needed
Resolution: 640x480
Changes Resolution: No, press F4 to change res or F3 to scale screen
Download Link: direct link
Screenshots: Screenshots page

I am proud to present to you, Bacteria 2.

You are the green army. You need to destroy the red army. You can rotate a stone clockwise by left clicking on it. Even though the controlls sound simple, the game is not. It will require quite a bit of tactics before you win the game.

[EDIT 15-2-05]
Bacteria 2 is now available as opensource. This allows people to find out how the AI actually works. Please read the licence agreement with the game before using the source code

Also I have fixed several bugs within the game and made Easy AI actually easy.
Enjoy
[/EDIT]

Features
  • Easy, normal and hard AI
  • Multiplayer online battles
  • Multiplayer hotseat battles
  • Arcade mode easy, normal and hard
  • Many unlockables
  • Opensource
and much, much more.

Screenshots (click to enlarge)
Posted Image Posted Image

Download link
Bacteria.SimonDonkers.com (Posted Image downloads)

Comments

Addicting, very addicting...with an incredible beginning. Almost made me think I was watching a movie - Ablach Blackrat

Best GM puzzle game around and easily up there with the best of the non-GM and commercial puzzle games. Damn fine work. Completely professional standard. - Wolverine

Game Maker wouldn't be the first thought on my mind if I found this from the internet, no sign of any of the common GM flaws - Viestituote

Very fun game. I love the multiplayer! It is such an inspiration. Everything works and works well. Thank you for making it Simon. You are a great programmer - Darthlupi

A great review by S-Chuck can be found at this post
And another great review by YoMamasMama can be found at GMG (GMG staff rating for this is 8.5. That makes this the 8th best game from the over 1000 games in the archive)

Bacteria 2 has received the H Unit seal of quality

Edited by Simon Donkers, 02 July 2005 - 12:41 PM.

"Most Game Maker games kinda suck. Donkers has proven that it's not the tool that determines the quality of the game, but the developer." ~Gamespy
[ B2 ] [ BLOG ] [ NL ] [ EN ] [ GAMES ] [ EO ] [ GM ] [ GMi ]

There are few people who know enough to know how little they actually know

#2 viestituote

viestituote

The Moinen

• 84 posts

Posted 09 December 2004 - 05:03 PM

Aah. Good to see my favourite game get released. This is so far the second GM game to get to stay permanently on my computer, and not solely because I happen to actually win pretty much in this game :)

I thought almost everything that there was to accomplish with the engine was already there when B1 came out, but no, you managed to get all these arcade levels stuffed in and improve the AI drasticly.

I'd like to hear how many else can beat the new Hard AI, I can win against it only about once in 20 tries. :(

#3 Carnivac

Carnivac

The Hunter

• GMC Member
  • 3196 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 09 December 2004 - 05:21 PM

Best GM puzzle game around and easily up there with the best of the non-GM and commercial puzzle games. Damn fine work. Completely professional standard.

Spoiler

MOD EDIT: Your signature is over the maximum total permitted height of 150px and has been spoilered. Please fix.

#4 gameswillem.tk

gameswillem.tk

Synchronix Tools

• 88 posts

Posted 09 December 2004 - 06:07 PM

:) So cool! I love the effects when you take over a big area, and when you click a 'switch'. And of course, the game concept is as good as it was in Bacteria 1.

The intro is great too, however I don't think the music fits in it. (sorry Neverest). I'll check out the other play modes later.

The game itselves is btw not very friendly for red-green colorblind people (like me). I can hardly see a difference between the red ones and the green.

I have a last question, in the upper left corner, you see a red text with the number of green switches, and vice versa. What is the reason for this ?

Overall, a very good concept, and a challenging puzzle game :(

*makes a shortcut on his desktop*

Willem

Edited by gameswillem.tk, 09 December 2004 - 06:23 PM.

#5 Simon Donkers

Simon Donkers

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 201 posts

Posted 09 December 2004 - 07:09 PM

Thank you all for the positive replies.

The game itselves is btw not very friendly for red-green colorblind people (like me). I can hardly see a difference between the red ones and the green.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry, never looked at the playability for colorblind people. I have made a quick patch which changes the colors for the most important stones. Place it in the working directory:
Installation instructions and URL (1kb)
This will only change the color of the most important stones in the game. People who are not color bind are recommanded to use the default version. This patch will make the game look very bad for people who are not color blind.
Sorry once again for not looking into this earlier.

The number of stones is just an indication of how well you are doing. Has no real purpose besides telling you how good you are.

Edited by Simon Donkers, 13 October 2006 - 01:05 PM.

"Most Game Maker games kinda suck. Donkers has proven that it's not the tool that determines the quality of the game, but the developer." ~Gamespy

#6 Calle

Calle

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 689 posts

Posted 09 December 2004 - 07:14 PM

This is very good! I like the multiplayer mode so that I can beat my brother... MUHAHAHA...

#7 S-Chuck

S-Chuck

GMC Member

• GMC Elder
  • 2314 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 09 December 2004 - 09:40 PM

If you enjoyed the original Bacteria, you have got to try Bacteria 2! Bacteria 2 brings back much of the classic feel with a number of added twists, allowing for even more fun than the original.

Gameplay:
Point, click, take over your opponents stones before he, she, or the AI takes over yours... sounds simple, right? WRONG! Every move that you make must be a calculated one or, with relative ease, the improved computer AI will overwhelm you, trapping you in corners and infecting the last remaining stones that you have left. The game can have its easy moments, but the overall game in itself is by far not so simple.

The classic "Single Player" mode is back, of course, but that is only the beginning. In the new Arcade mode, you can play 30 pre-designed levels which contain new "stones" not seen in the original game. Reaching one of these stones can easily alter the outcome of your current game. Of these, my favorite has to be the "bomb" stone: the computer has you trapped where it only needs one move to take over more of your territory; you however must turn any stone two or three times to dip into the AI's area. By the time you have made that many moves, the AI may take over even more area causing you to be even more trapped... but turning toward a bomb can change all of that! In one move, an explosion not only takes over a circular uninhabited area (and the stones connected to them) but possibly some of the stones in your enemies territory, causing a chain reaction which may turn the tables in your favor!

You now have the chance to play against your friends on a single PC, over a LAN, or over the Internet for much more interesting battles. Even the most complex AI can become predictable at times. Humans, on the other hand, are not. Do not forget to give this feature a try!

Unlike the original game, the AI now has difficulty levels. If you thought that the AI was too easy before, try a harder level for a greater challenge.

Bonus levels and cheats also make for a nice addition to extend the gaming experience (but remember... cheaters never win, so don't think that you will complete the most difficult Arcade levels that way!).

Graphics:
More of the same... but more. Although the look of the motionless stones has generally not changed, the animations of moving stones and especially the taking over of your opponents stones has been greatly improved. It can actually be fun to set up take-overs now merely to watch as the stones animate much more slowly as they infest one another. The animation of the menus and the intro screen also help give the game a much more professional look. The "last move" beacon, also a new feature in Bacteria 2, has its pros and cons: it is helpful in better-knowing the last move made by an opponent but can easily become irritating to see during a fast-paced game when you are certain of the opponents moves or a series of the moves are being made close together.

Sounds/Music:
Simple and effective sound effects. Explosions, clicks, rattles, zings, blings, and of course the AI-taunt may be the only sound effects in the game, but what more is needed? Each fits the game well for its own purpose. The music, though nice, does not seem to fit the theme of the game in my opinion, however. The light-hearted nature of the music during the intro fits perfectly, but that same music during gameplay does not have a similar effect for me which I felt should have been more dark or mysterious. But this, again, is only my opinion.

Bugs/Improvements:
I have been unable to find any gameplay bugs except for a minor graphical one which may have been on purpose: you can press "V" to turn on/off the voice taunt, but there is no icon at the top-right of the menu screen which allows you to do the same (although I do see that it can be changed using the gameplay menu). It would also be interesting to see the ability to create your own customizable levels, but that is another matter for a far later version to be considered and possibly not very practical.

All in all, this is a great sequel to follow up what I consider to be a very entertaining and challenging puzzle game.

Great work, Simon (as well as Neverest for the music) and to all others who helped in the ideas, development, and testing of this great game!

S-Chuck
• Search the Forum | • Read the Forum Rules
• Helpful Examples: Tutorials Forum
• Read the Pinned Topics above each forum.
• Read the entire thread before replying.
The easiest way to support Game Maker is simply to register.

#8 Heavendragon

Heavendragon

Halo 2 wiz

• 322 posts

Posted 09 December 2004 - 10:14 PM

Very very awesome, i sorta lost like 389-0 :(
Great job Simon

#9 conrad500

conrad500

GMC Member

• 260 posts

Posted 09 December 2004 - 11:11 PM

ooh bacteria 2.

u rule man.

i stink at these kinds of games but i'm still gunna dl it, WITH AOL! lol

keep up the good games.

Edited by conrad500, 09 December 2004 - 11:15 PM.

#10 mysour

mysour

GMC Member

• 217 posts

Posted 09 December 2004 - 11:50 PM

Hey, I thought at first that it was way to hard for my puny little brain but I played a bit here and a bit there, and suddenly I'm addicted, I'm getting my stratagys down, Its getting better. Good job.

#11 gameswillem.tk

gameswillem.tk

Synchronix Tools

• 88 posts

Posted 10 December 2004 - 12:08 AM

Thanks for the patch, I can hardly seperate the red stones from the green ones, but now i'm going to play this game without sitting 10 cm = 4 inches from my screen :(

Willem

#12 S-Chuck

S-Chuck

GMC Member

• GMC Elder
  • 2314 posts

Posted 10 December 2004 - 03:37 AM

A minor sound bug found: if you turn the music off and beat a level so that the fanfare music would be playing (if you could hear it), the regular game music will begin to play again (at its appopriate time) even though you have the music still muted.

#13 BusterBot858

BusterBot858

Human Antivirus

• GMC Member
  • 235 posts

Posted 10 December 2004 - 04:13 AM

Dude! I played this game for a long time, and I'm still gonna play it some more! You've really done it this time. I have unlocked all the way up to level four of arcade mode, and I'm still playing!

Let it be known that Simon Donkers has commited the unforgivable crime of creating an awsomely incredible game. To the hall of fame with him!

No, really. It's totally fricken' awsome. I envy you. Really.

#14 YoMamasMama

YoMamasMama

Your Grandma

• 437 posts

Posted 10 December 2004 - 04:21 AM

I'll be reviewing this at the GMG soon.
~ Matt Makes Games ~
Click above for my games, including Jumper Three, Hold Off Red, An Untitled Story, and FLaiL.
An Untitled Story GMC topic
FLaiL GMC topic
Jumper Three GMC Topic
~ EO ~ MMGF ~

#15 Spikehead777

Spikehead777

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 495 posts

Posted 10 December 2004 - 04:24 AM

Saweet!!! I'm addicted to this game! I won once, so far. I just downloaded this game! I love it!

Registered Game Maker Studio User
By reading the rules and abiding by them, you're doing the entire community a favor.
Please do not ask me to join your forums, join your team, try your game out, etc. I simply do not have the time or patience.
My YouTube

#16 darthlupi

darthlupi

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 414 posts

Posted 10 December 2004 - 04:26 AM

I am loving playing this game multiplayer! If any one wants a challenge Tapeworm is the man.

This is such a fun ingenius little game. Very classy. Now if you could only get the whole game to look like that 3d intro I would do a backflip for real.

Awesome game Simon. You are a certified PIMP.

Edited by darthlupi, 10 December 2004 - 04:27 AM.

#17 Yowza Corp

Yowza Corp

Yowza Im Good

• 602 posts

Posted 10 December 2004 - 04:37 AM

Never been much over a bacteria fan o well good work on AI

#18 Shade

Shade

GMC Member

• 33 posts

Posted 10 December 2004 - 05:56 AM

Amazing. I just finished playing against a friend(online). It was a very long game, I had him cornered half the time, but he'd always seem to get out for a while. eventually I won, with about 440 stones. This is a keeper, I plan on playing it again.

#19 Spud buG

Spud buG

GMC Member

• 17 posts

Posted 10 December 2004 - 08:52 AM

Absolutly awsome. I love logical games that make me think.
I like the unlockables and the extra powerups.

The AI is very well done, not sure how you achived it, wonder how hard it is playing against someone online. I have yet to find out.

Best of all it's addicting and I will play it today and tomorrow and probarly untill I beat it.

Great job simon, your games are in my books.

Edited by Spud buG, 10 December 2004 - 08:53 AM.

#20 Swifty

Swifty

Shadow

• GMC Member
  • 514 posts

Posted 10 December 2004 - 09:10 AM

WOW... nothing i can realy say, its all been said, very good work.
Shadow

Don't be Afraid to Fail.

#21 Simon Donkers

Simon Donkers

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 201 posts

Posted 10 December 2004 - 01:01 PM

Thanks for all these wonderful comments.

S-Chuck, thanks for that very nice review. I have placed it on my website. I hope you don't mind. I will look into that bug report of you

YoMamasMama, looking forward to your review

You can find a detailed story on how the AI works here. But it basically is just brute force calculating everything.

Thanks again for all the comments. It is really nice to see that so many people like this game.
Succes everyone. It only are 43 levels and the final level is quite nice :(

#22 TurquoiseStar

TurquoiseStar

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 379 posts
  • Version:GM7

Posted 10 December 2004 - 04:57 PM

Well, Simon. You did it again. You took something that was already well done (Bacteria 1) and made it better. :(

And thanks for putting in difficulty choices. I sucked at the first game :)
Mark C.
-Composer/Arranger

My portfolio (Youtube)

#23 V2s

V2s

GMC Member

• 29 posts

Posted 10 December 2004 - 09:20 PM

NICE!!!

Someone join: 192.168.1.100
Now!
Im waiting for a player

#24 Takagi

Takagi

GMC Member

• GMC Elder
  • 4282 posts

Posted 10 December 2004 - 09:57 PM

Fun, but the music gets annoying.

#25 S-Chuck

S-Chuck

GMC Member

• GMC Elder
  • 2314 posts

Posted 10 December 2004 - 10:04 PM

S-Chuck, thanks for that very nice review. I have placed it on my website. I hope you don't mind.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not at all. Go right ahead :D *checking for my most common typos* :huh:

Did you change the AI or the boards any since the testing stage? The first time that I played through all of the Arcade levels I beat a few of them in far fewer moves than I did this second time around. I know that the answer to that is in part to how the stones happen to line up during the level setup, but the major jump in moves needed was a surprise.

#26 Simon Donkers

Simon Donkers

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 201 posts

Posted 10 December 2004 - 10:21 PM

Thank you all once again for all your comments. It really is nice to see so many people enjoy a game after spending lots of time making it.

Did you change the AI or the boards any since the testing stage? The first time that I played through all of the Arcade levels I beat a few of them in far fewer moves than I did this second time around. I know that the answer to that is in part to how the stones happen to line up during the level setup, but the major jump in moves needed was a surprise.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

A few levels have been changed. Arcade normal 6, Bonus arcade easy won, and I believe one more but my mind is failing me on that point at this moment.
But as the direction of the stones is random the map can very very much each time. And of cource factors such as concentration also matter. There are certain maps in which if you reach a certain stone as first you are almost sure to have won. However if the AI is first you are having some difficulties winning. So these things very greatly depending on which player is starting better. You will always have much variation within the game. If each level would be the same then why would anyone want to replay the game? Almost all levels are designed that the stones are placed random so there is just a lot of variation in the game. There are maps I have won both in 5 moves as well as 150 moves. So this isn't just an issue with you.
Thanks once again for beta testing this game and giving me such useful advice. Really very much appreciated.

#27 Fizzed

Fizzed

GMC Feline

• 332 posts

Posted 11 December 2004 - 06:24 AM

This IS good. And now, a full-fledged review (you didn't think I would stop there, would you? :) )

Presentation: That intro is SWEET! It makes it look like I'm watching the start of a full-length feature, like that intro in Spiderman. The music is also quite fitting, kudos to it's creator (too bad I forgot who it was :D ).

Graphics: Just as good. I liked the little ripple when you changed an arrow. But what I liked most was the breathtaking effect when you take over a large section of the computers. You know, how they flash in turn...wow :huh: .

Gameplay: AI = Wonderful. Not many GM games have AI in different difficulties (although I still haven't won the easy difficulty :D ). And the control's are just so simple, like SoG. Actually, it has quite a lot in resemblance to SoG. One click can go a loooong way in this game. I like breaks from the fast-paced action once a while, and this gives me what I need. A suggestion, though: Why not have different sizes? It would be fitting for those like me who would sometimes like a shorter game. The online mode is great, although I still haven't been able to use it yet :D . Is it possible to have a 'lobby' in GM where you could choose who to challenge? I'm still relatively new to the online scene. Back on-topic: the Arcade mode is good too: it gives you a task to complete in the game, not just simply playing again and again, if you know what I mean.

Overall: Truly a great game, although some games take a bit too long. 9.5/10 :D

Cheers,
Knux

#28 YoMamasMama

YoMamasMama

Your Grandma

• 437 posts

Posted 11 December 2004 - 06:54 AM

http://gamemakergame.....et=Bacteria 2

Staff score being voted on, but there's the review.
~ Matt Makes Games ~
Click above for my games, including Jumper Three, Hold Off Red, An Untitled Story, and FLaiL.
An Untitled Story GMC topic
FLaiL GMC topic
Jumper Three GMC Topic
~ EO ~ MMGF ~

#29 Lehner

Lehner

Lehner

• 246 posts

Posted 11 December 2004 - 01:31 PM

Well.. I think *#โ˜ผโ™ฆยก!AWESOME!ยกโ™ฆโ˜ผ#* fits pretty good.

:huh:

#30 The_Cool_Gamer

The_Cool_Gamer

Mister Cool Guy

• 140 posts

Posted 11 December 2004 - 03:12 PM

Really nice game. The AI is really good, that's why I haven't won the hard-mode yet :huh: :D

#31 Simon Donkers

Simon Donkers

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 201 posts

Posted 11 December 2004 - 07:15 PM

Thanks for all the positive replies.

http://gamemakergame.....et=Bacteria 2

Staff score being voted on, but there's the review.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks. I used the original review to see where I could improve the game and it is really nice to read this new review. Thanks for the review.
And thanks for your review Knux91.
Succes everyone with beating it.

#32 Robby_Style()

Robby_Style()

GMC Member

• 74 posts

Posted 12 December 2004 - 12:14 AM

this game is pretty fun=)
although i do have some suggestions:
1) provide a small thumbnail preview of what the level you are about to play in the arcade is like. i understand that they are random, but map out the specific characteristics of it
2) random map mode (creates random, scattered items like wall)

#33 gameswillem.tk

gameswillem.tk

Synchronix Tools

• 88 posts

Posted 12 December 2004 - 12:37 AM

I just found out that the game eats about 60% of my CPU. No wonder it keeps beating me.. :D I run a 2.8 Ghz PC..

And, AI that 'slaughters' you in a few moves isn't funny.. :huh:

Love the game though :D

Willem

Edited by gameswillem.tk, 12 December 2004 - 12:37 AM.

#34 dbgtrgr

dbgtrgr

Co-Ruler of the Peanuts

• 110 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 12 December 2004 - 03:21 AM

I have played the game at my friends house and it's awesome, but I get an error on my comp when I try to play. It gives the "Unexpected error" error when it's loading.... :'(

#35 Simon Donkers

Simon Donkers

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 201 posts

Posted 12 December 2004 - 02:56 PM

Thanks for all the comments.

@gameswillem.tk: The AI is rather complicated and uses quite a bit of CPU, I know. It's either that or an easy game. However for those that are concerned, this game does not require a 2.8 GHz PC to play. It ran well on a 350 MHz

I have played the game at my friends house and it's awesome, but I get an error on my comp when I try to play. It gives the "Unexpected error" error when it's loading.... :'(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Strange. Can you run GM6 executables? Can you run executables with d3d in it? Also perhaps try redownloading. The file size of the exe is 2.920.891 bytes according to my PC. Other then that I guess this is an issue with your PC and GM6 executables. Try updating your drivers and DX. Other then that, search the forum for topics on how to make GM6 games run. As you are the only one reporting this issue and I got over 200 downloads I think this is something related to your PC.

#36 dbgtrgr

dbgtrgr

Co-Ruler of the Peanuts

• 110 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 13 December 2004 - 12:47 AM

Yeah, I think it's with my comp, because I d/led it twice and it worked neither time. And I think it's a problem with GM6 exe's, cuz it has problems running anything I make in GM6, only really simple stuff. :\ I'll try to figure it out -_-

#37 Gamemakerkid

Gamemakerkid

GMC Member

• 27 posts

Posted 13 December 2004 - 11:18 PM

very nice

Edited by Gamemakerkid, 13 December 2004 - 11:19 PM.

#38 emwearz

emwearz

GMC Member

• 566 posts

Posted 13 December 2004 - 11:48 PM

Nice game, easily the most addictive puzzle game in the GMC at the moment. I think its funny how all the quotes at the first thread are from members of your group.Good work anyway and keep it up.

#39 Simon Donkers

Simon Donkers

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 201 posts

Posted 14 December 2004 - 01:01 PM

Thanks for all the comments.

@Gamemakerkid: This game is made using the default mplay functionality in Game Maker.

I think its funny how all the quotes at the first thread are from members of your group.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The members of H Unit had access to an exclusive beta as well as an exclusive alpha version. So when I wrote this post I only had there opinions on this game to post. Also it is more useful to post what a well known member thinks of the game rather then an unknown person. And as I did not want to make the first page any longer I did not add any more comments to it after posting it here except S-Chuck (not an H Unit member) who posted a very nice review about this game. Which reminds me that I still need to add a link to the review of YMM -_-

#40 PointOfLight

PointOfLight

GMC Member

• 337 posts

Posted 16 December 2004 - 06:18 AM

This is a really cool game. From the opening presentation you can tell it's going to be classy, and the techo interface is well done. The gameplay itself is good, but I think I'm going to have to practice (I got slaughtered on Easy :D ) This is overall a very professional looking game, though I realize by now you didn't need me to tell you that.

#41 cvshokaku41

cvshokaku41

GMC Member

• 44 posts

Posted 16 December 2004 - 02:09 PM

Very fun game. Everything about it is done well.

10/10 :D

#42 S-Chuck

S-Chuck

GMC Member

• GMC Elder
  • 2314 posts

Posted 17 December 2004 - 05:37 AM

I finally beat the last bonus level (*whew*) but only because the stones happened to line up just right to make it much easier (it took only 9 moves).

I am curious, Simon, as to how many columns long that last bonus level DOES extend (as I have played a number of what seemed like very long games and yet I never reached a right wall).

#43 Simon Donkers

Simon Donkers

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 201 posts

Posted 17 December 2004 - 11:42 AM

I finally beat the last bonus level (*whew*) but only because the stones happened to line up just right to make it much easier (it took only 9 moves).

I am curious, Simon, as to how many columns long that last bonus level DOES extend (as I have played a number of what seemed like very long games and yet I never reached a right wall).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wow

When making this game I often wondered whether it would actually be useful to spent so much time making that bonus level because I though nobody would ever get that far. Very well done. The bonus level is 10.000 px width. With stones of 24 pixels that is 416 lines. Good luck finishing it until the end :huh:
For all people who are now wondering what I am talking about, just beat the game and you will find out. All in all it requires only 51 victories to get within the final level. And the final level is quite nice if I may say so myself. :huh:

#44 Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade

GMC Member

• 11 posts

Posted 20 December 2004 - 07:48 PM

This game is great. Very addictive and totally professional. Two player mode is very cool.

#45 Timmins

Timmins

Go away.

• 475 posts

Posted 21 December 2004 - 01:27 PM

Great work, Simon. This game doesn't deserve to have the same amount of replies as Kung Keno's Intro Game. The menu was beautiful, the button rollovers were smooth, and the little game which is being played in the backgorund is immaculate. I still can't beat the easiest level, but everyone else can, so I know it works. The little wave of green when you rotate one of the markers is very nice, and smooth.

Well done,

Timmins
www.timmins.net.tf

#46 Simon Donkers

Simon Donkers

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 201 posts

Posted 21 December 2004 - 01:46 PM

Thanks for the replies.
Timmins, you aren't the only one that can't beat easy mode as far as I have heard from the rest. Just keep trying, you'll get there in the end.

Staff rating has been given at GameMakerGames. Bacteria got an 8.5. That is only 0.1 lower then Seiklus. :unsure:
Review by YoMamasMama can be found here.
Enjoy and keep those replies coming.

#47 score_under

score_under

Least kawaii

• GMC Member
  • 1321 posts

Posted 26 December 2004 - 03:06 PM

I can't beat level 2 arcade!!
Is there a trick to this??

Anti-Decompiler for GM6.1 to GM8.1.91! :GM8_new: [Main skin by Sindarin]
Discontinued.

decimal2.png
^ Signature image because it's been sorta empty since the old host died

If you need to contact me, I still get notification emails from PMs.

#48 ras_914

ras_914

GMC Member

• 3 posts

Posted 26 December 2004 - 07:27 PM

Quite an improvement over the first one, and the first was already pretty good. Managed to beat all three difficulty levels in normal mode, and I'm currently having a blast going through the arcade levels. Love the new graphical touches, as well.

One question, though: is it possible to keep the music from coming on at all? The first Bacteria game kind of got me used to having my own music in the background while I played.

#49 S-Chuck

S-Chuck

GMC Member

• GMC Elder
  • 2314 posts

Posted 26 December 2004 - 08:34 PM

I assume that you mean Level 2 on Easy (green). There is no real trick. It is just a matter of hitting the right tiles at the right time... just like every other level.

One question, though: is it possible to keep the music from coming on at all? The first Bacteria game kind of got me used to having my own music in the background while I played.

If you are talking about the music coming back on after you have completed a level, that is, unfortunately, a bug.

As a result of the first question, I openned up this game for the first time since the Christmas Holidays began and noticed a new image in the top left corner of the screen activated by the date. So I changed my computer's date to New Years Day and openned the program again and the image changed to a new one.

An interesting touch there, Simon ;)

#50 Simon Donkers

Simon Donkers

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 201 posts

Posted 27 December 2004 - 12:17 AM

Thanks for all the comments ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not really. Just keep practicing.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Click on the button music: on or press M to disable the music. There is a bug which S-Chuck pointed out when you disable the music during the victory music it won't stop but in all other cases it will stop. And if this bug occures, enabling and disabling the music will stop the bug from happening again.

As a result of the first question, I openned up this game for the first time since the Christmas Holidays began and noticed a new image in the top left corner of the screen activated by the date. So I changed my computer's date to New Years Day and openned the program again and the image changed to a new one.

An interesting touch there, Simon ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I added a few undocumented features to the game. For instance at Christmas and new year. Those are not all though. Good luck finding everything out with this game ^_^

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users