82 replies to this topic

#61 Rexhunter99

Rexhunter99

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 922 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 07:55 AM

GMax / 3DSMax MaxScript Utility

Max Script to export geometry from GMax (Free) or 3DSMax (Expensive) modelling software.

http://www.epiczen.net/gm_max.ms

#62 Arial

Arial

GMC Member

• Banned Users
  • 580 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 09 June 2011 - 09:10 PM

GMMODELEX a very fast importing/loading 3d model script

Trust me it can load 10x faster then Moisac. I tested it so if you are looking for something in highspeed to load *.OBJ (wavefront) and other formats.....

.....Click the following link.
http://gmc.yoyogames...ic=409540&st=20

Edited by Arial, 09 June 2011 - 09:12 PM.

#63 GMRescue

GMRescue

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 125 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 09:04 AM

MAIN TOPIC

Model Creator for Game Maker (v5.0)

This program allows you to create 3D models for Game Maker. This is not the first version, it's just the first time I created a topic for it on this forum. Older versions can be found on the Dutch GMC: link.

Video toturial on YouTube: Modeling a chair
If you have no idea how to start, it is a good idea to watch this video first.

Posted Image
This is a screenshot of the main program. It shows the entire menu and two views.

Online documentation

The program is a lot easier to use than most professional modeling programs. It is meant for creating low-poly models (<1000 triangles) as Game Maker would slow down anyway if you tried to use models that are too complicated. However, it is perfectly possible to create high-poly models with it as well.

Download Model Creator v5.0 (1.75MB)

Features:
- Supports the GM model file format
- Supports File Association to open the models more quickly
- Supports triangles and all basic shapes
- Supports color, alpha and texture (with UV mapping)
- Supports lots of transformations to edit your models
- Supports undo/redo (up to 20 times!)
- Uses my calculator DLL for all user input (you can use expressions)
- Uses Max WinAPI for all popup menus

Hey,

In Google Sketchup Pro, you can convert your model into an .obj file. Nextly you can put it into
your own program: Model Creator and finally convert it to a .gmmod file! It's that easy.

- Regards, GMRescue -

#64 jeff.beene

jeff.beene

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 11 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 18 July 2011 - 01:59 AM

Map2Mesh - Heightmap to 3d Terrain

Original Post

Map2Mesh is a free 3d terrain utility I put together in Processing (not Gamemaker) for my own learning's sake and because such a tool would have helped me several times in the past. The tool generates triangulated 3d meshes from grayscale images and exports them as .obj files.

Download Here (from my site)

Posted Image

I've used this tool alongside Game Fortress's awesome 3d terrain example to texture bake terrain in a shooter.

Another great tool to use this with is icuurd12b42's Gmmodelfix .obj to .d3d converter.

Hope this is of use to someone!

Edited by jeff.beene, 16 July 2012 - 08:05 PM.

#65 sneaky666

sneaky666

536e65616b79

• GMC Member
  • 1045 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 22 July 2011 - 04:56 AM

I created a 3d animation program.
check out the video demonstration - this is a new recent one, different than my past version.

Go here to download
http://gmc.yoyogames...howtopic=515268

Edited by sneaky666, 11 September 2011 - 06:15 AM.

#66 jhett6

jhett6

GMC Member

• 54 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 08:37 PM

i like google sketchup very much , how can i convert my objects and use them in game maker?

i mean size, textures?

use this link to convert your model to OBJ:
https://www.babel3d....gin?ReturnUrl=/

than use a obj to d3d converter someone made off this topic and than load the d3d model into your game.....

#67 sneaky666

sneaky666

536e65616b79

• GMC Member
  • 1045 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 11:26 PM

i like google sketchup very much , how can i convert my objects and use them in game maker?

i mean size, textures?

than use a obj to d3d converter someone made off this topic and than load the d3d model into your game.....

obj to d3d converter is supported in GMModelFix, as well d3d to obj.

Edited by sneaky666, 05 August 2011 - 11:26 PM.

#68 jhett6

jhett6

GMC Member

• 54 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 11:10 AM

i mean size, textures?

obj to d3d converter is supported in GMModelFix, as well d3d to obj.

yea that's what i always use

#69 GameNox

GameNox

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 59 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 06:25 AM

I kno a 3D modeling program. Its called Google Sketch-Up.
Check it out!

#70 Agamer

Agamer

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 153 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 10:08 PM

I made a nice modeling program called The Digitizer.
It's in the Yoyogames sandbox:
http://sandbox.yoyog...84877-digitizer

here are a few images:
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Edited by Agamer, 29 August 2011 - 10:09 PM.

#71 doug25

doug25

GMC Member

• 35 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 06:30 PM

Here is the Modeler that I made.

Supports d3d files and x files.

This is the first BETA version.

Please let me know if you find any errors and send me feedback to: modelerxcontact@gmail.com

This program is free.

Download Modeler X BETA

Screenshot:
Posted Image

Edited by doug25, 08 September 2011 - 10:13 AM.

#72 loverock125

loverock125

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1830 posts
  • Version:GM8.1

Posted 09 October 2011 - 11:48 PM

Terrestrial Perfection is 3D Terrain Editor engine. Here is the link to the topic.

• Paint textures on the terrain. You can easily add new available textures by pasting them in the Textures folder.
  • Change the height of the terrain. You can create mountains or deep holes.
  • Change the size and the intensity of the tool and cycle through circular and rectangular tool for precision.
  • You can change the size of the terrain when creating a new one (small,medium,large,extra large)
  • You can also change the quality of the terrain when creating a new one to choose between performance and quality.
  • You can export the whole terrain texture and even import a new one. This is useful since not only it lets you set any image you find as the texture
    of the terrain but also edit the texture of the terrain in any other image-editing software and then import it back in.
  • Supports heightmaps, you can use any image as a heightmap and change the height of the terrain. An API Panel
    let's you choose the height value when loading the heightmap, invert the heightmap and more.
  • API Panels let you customize how you edit the terrain.
  • Has terrain depth which means the edges of the terrain don't make the terrain seem that it was just cut.
  • And of course, save the terrain map in one file as .tpter with an average size of 1.5MB or load an already saved one.
    (You can quick save and quick load with Ctrl+S and Ctrl+L respectively)
  • You can also use 'Open With' on the map files or drag them over the .exe to load them directly.
  • I included an example inside the zip file which shows how to load the maps in your game.
  • You can reduce the value of textureSize (in .ini file) if you want to reduce the size of your saved maps.

And a screenshot:
Posted Image

#73 Master Xilo

Master Xilo

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 393 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 04:05 PM

The GameMaker Terrain Editor 2 is a powerful open source terrain editor that:
  • Supports any amount of textures.
  • Has .obj, heightmap, texturemap and Game Maker d3d exporting functionality (including an importing sample).
  • Demonstrates how to make a windowed/fullscreen resizeable window in Game Maker.
  • Runs very fast.
Its engine - open source since version 1 - has been used in other project including:
Click here to go the the forum post.

Here's a video showcasing terrain creation in version 1 of the program:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jR2jpRdaLD8

Edited by Master Xilo, 14 February 2012 - 11:53 PM.

#74 EGF

EGF

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 104 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 01:43 PM

EGF animator was designed specifically for game maker 3D animation
EGF Animator

#75 Master Xilo

Master Xilo

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 393 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 11:59 AM

d3d_model_load_fast speeds up 3D model loading by a factor of about 1000 and adds functions to modify models after creation as well as merging two models, which can be used for generating intermediate frames for frame by frame animated models.

#76 EGF

EGF

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 104 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 06:20 PM

This is a 3D animation program, and there is also an extention that allows you to add your animations into your games. This is the second version.

EGF animator thread
http://gmc.yoyogames...howtopic=550931

Here is a screenshot
Posted Image

#77 SamRid

SamRid

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 33 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 02:33 AM

I suppose I'm supposed to put this here....
Blender to Game Maker exporter

Here's a video to help with the installation-
Video link

It's an extension I made for the 3D program Blender to export 3D models. It's far from being perfect, but I was annoyed that I couldn't find anyone else with an exporter, so I made my own.
Because it leaves a lot to be desired, it is prone to updates, which'll most likely be in the video link.

As of right now, it supports textures, vertex colors, animation, inverting normals, and options for whether or not to apply normals/textures/colors to vertices.

Possible future updates (if I ever get around to it)- transparency, and ability to export GML text instead. And if I'm really feeling bored some day, tidying up the code (it really needs it).
I would also like to add a way to import game maker models back into blender, in case you want to edit something. But again, that's if I get around to it.

If there are any glitches/problems with the exporter, it would be great to know about them so I can fix them. It's hard for me to find all of the problems myself :)

Edited by SamRid, 06 October 2012 - 02:33 AM.

#78 ShubhamBansod

ShubhamBansod

͡ ͜ʖ ͡

• GMC Member
  • 362 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:38 PM

LOOXIS Faceworx 1.0
' Faceworx creates a 3D head out of two standard 2D photos. You need two well illuminated pictures; one from the front (Mugshot style) and one from the side. The software demands some skills in placing reference points and marking the contours of the face; mouth, nose, ears and eyes. The final 3D Portrait can be saved and exported in the well known OBJ format. We offer the software to you free of charge. The software can be redistributed and may be used for free for non commercial purposes. you can free download LOOXIS Faceworx 1.0 now. '

link:- click here

Edited by ShubhamBansod, 23 April 2013 - 10:15 PM.

#79 the sivart

the sivart

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 150 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:57 PM

SivModeler

Make/edit/convert D3D models.

link: http://gmc.yoyogames...howtopic=578707

screenshot: 

screenshot02.png

#80 kburkhart84

kburkhart84

Firehammer Games

• GMC Member
  • 1917 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 10:21 PM

I've created a very simple no frills 3d model converter, which easily converts from OBJ files to the text format for GameMaker's model functions.

ModelConverterScreenie.png

The topic is here.  And the program is free for any use.

#81 kburkhart84

kburkhart84

Firehammer Games

• GMC Member
  • 1917 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:30 AM

I have created an extension for 3d vertex animation.  It is a work in progress.  It also includes a tool for converting a group of OBJ files(the frames of the model) into a single file for loading into my extension at run-time so you can animate and render it.

The topic is here.

#82 Nafees

Nafees

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 145 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 06:28 AM

Omicron Modeler
screen30uz.png
This was originally created as a tool to help with development of Missionary 2. It contains fully-functional polygon and primitive modeling capability, along with UV mapping, saving and loading of models, and exporting to gm's 3d model format. It sports a cursor-based fully 3d development interface, which facilitates easy development of models. In addition, it boasts a clean interface with many advanced options to speed development. It is also one of the most rapidly-developing model making programs on the gmc today.

'404 not found' Where to get it?

#83 Nafees

Nafees

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 145 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 08:33 AM

i have created a Model Viewer which will show you how will your model look in the game this is my first tool for 3D games. it can be found here:-- http://www.mediafire...ewer_for_GM.zip

sorry no screenshots :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users