Posted 20 September 2007 - 11:11 PM
Introducing a new .OBJ to GM model converter for the masses.
Posted 29 October 2007 - 02:57 PM
It is not fully operational, and although there aren't any "glitches", there are somethings that will greatly inhibit your ability to create levels with the software, such as a non-adjustable screen resolution and not being able to modify more than 30 polygons...I will upload a hotfix soon...
Edited by WarriorArtiste, 29 October 2007 - 05:29 PM.
Posted 27 April 2008 - 11:26 PM
Edited by EDGE, 04 July 2008 - 06:33 AM.
Posted 06 January 2009 - 08:47 PM
Model Creator for Game Maker (v5.0)
This program allows you to create 3D models for Game Maker. This is not the first version, it's just the first time I created a topic for it on this forum. Older versions can be found on the Dutch GMC: link.
Video toturial on YouTube: Modeling a chair
If you have no idea how to start, it is a good idea to watch this video first.
This is a screenshot of the main program. It shows the entire menu and two views.
The program is a lot easier to use than most professional modeling programs. It is meant for creating low-poly models (<1000 triangles) as Game Maker would slow down anyway if you tried to use models that are too complicated. However, it is perfectly possible to create high-poly models with it as well.
Download Model Creator v5.0 (1.75MB)
- Supports the GM model file format
- Supports File Association to open the models more quickly
- Supports triangles and all basic shapes
- Supports color, alpha and texture (with UV mapping)
- Supports lots of transformations to edit your models
- Supports undo/redo (up to 20 times!)
- Uses my calculator DLL for all user input (you can use expressions)
- Uses Max WinAPI for all popup menus
Posted 02 March 2009 - 07:56 PM
Its really simple to use with online tutorials. It has good texture builders and UV mapping. The modelingtools are also very powerful. Unfortunately it cant export as anything but obj. pov. and VRML but if you really want to you can build plugins for it because it runs on Java.
Edited by Cam Toms, 02 March 2009 - 07:59 PM.
Posted 28 March 2010 - 04:01 PM
Morphing models feature has been improved and new feature 3d text is added.
Get 3d Animator, a tool that brings 3d animations to your 3d GameMaker game. It generates authentic GM 7, 8 and Studio code. No extension is required . Just make an animated model and paste the generated code into your 3d object or let 3d Animator create a GM: Studio object. You can import and convert models, and repair uv maps. Fully documented manual.
Tutorials on youtube examples put into Doom Revisited,importing a running zDoom man, making a ball fall from a table, getting your animation into your game
3d Animator has, amongst others, the following features:
- Create static or animated models using the key frame or model sequence mode.
- Play animation forward, backwards, back and forth or looped at different speeds (in 3d Animator as in your game).
- Build an animated model out of several types of shapes (blocks, ellipsoid, etc.) or imported models stored in the shape list.
- Wavefront .obj models, 3d Studio Max models, Animated Quake 2 models can be imported (and exported as GameMaker models).
- Imported models can be corrected (enlarged, rotated, etc.) and their texture uv maps can be fixed/drawn.
- By using key frame motion shapes/imported models can be moved, rotated, bounced, enlarged, etc. in time, so parts can fall down, bounce, circle, fly, etc.
- Imported models can be morphed and merged.
- Each shape can have a texture and texture maps of imported models can be fixed/drawn by using the uv mapper.
- Keyframes (which hold the properties like position, angle, rotation of a shape) can be added, moved and deleted.
- All the changes you made can be undone and redone if necessary and
- if 3d Animator or your PC crashes you can go back to your very last made change.
- GameMaker code can be generated for your static model for draw & create event and
- code for your animated model for create, step and draw event.
release notes version 1.66:
- added: add a text as 3d text model
- manual: 3d text explained (features: alignment, scale, spacing, depth, slanting, elevation effect)
- morphing improved: 2 morphing types can be used, matching neighboring triangles is especially for models with different sizes
- morphing improved: number of morphed models (steps/frames) can be given
- added: HelloWorld3dmorph.3da file is an example of morphing (by matching neighboring triangles)
- merging improved: texture uv map of merged model can be divided into 2 separate parts for the 2 models (note: texture has to be adapted)
- added: slanting imported models
- added: free rotation of imported models
- added: properties matrix to show properties of all shapes for each keyframe (hotkey enter)
- added: scrollbar for easy scrolling through shapes
- added: zoom bar and zoom hotkeys for easy zooming (besides zooming by mouse wheel)
- added: export a model as Wavefront .obj
- added: option to show number of vertices of an imported model (gives an indication of memory use and load/draw speed)
- added: option to hide message popupbox to paste code in your 3d object (last item of generate menu)
- added: if generate for GameMaker: Studio, backgrounds and sprites of your game can be selected as textures straight away
- added: item in file menu to point to your GameMaker: Studio project game file (becomes visible if generation is on GameMaker: Studio)
- added: hotkey e for toggling extended keyframes view
- added: hotkeys for show/hide axis, floor, room speed and lightbar
- added: remove lighting normals of an imported model (if ambient lighting is used)
- added: question to go to model sequencing mode after importing a Quake 2 model
- added: showing and processing only main properties of keyframe 0 in model sequencing mode (conforming to generated code)
- added: a light color can be chosen for the lighting
- added: window can be resized by dragging a window border
- added: skybox (hotkey F7) to see your model in a different light
- added: 3d Animator project can be saved as xml file
- added: right click plus shift resets property of keyframe of selected shape
- changed: imported model related items of shape menu to separate model menu
- changed: keyframe/model sequencing mode menu item moved to file menu
- changed: generate for GameMaker version menu item moved to file menu
- changed: exported models have a d3d extension instead of mod (to conform to direct3d)
- changed: export model directory saved as relative path
- changed: disabled the 2d text shape for GameMaker: Studio, because the font_add() function only works in HTML5. Besides each character is shown at double width in 3d (bug?)
- manual: explanation of this disabled 2d text feature
- changed: some visual and textual improvements
- improved: menu item 'reset view to default' resets more of design window view
- improved: rgb values shown beside color rectangle in properties window
- improved: option menu improved visually
- improved: switching mode is incorporated in undo/redo system
- added in uv mapper: save texture uv map as png (for drawing a texture in external program according to uv map)
- added in uv mapper: scale all uv coordinates
- added in uv mapper: select all nodes
- changed in uv mapper: dragging nodes horizontal/vertical left and right shift (instead of shift and control)
- changed in uv mapper: minor changes to menu
- corrected: at undo or redo no shape is selected
- corrected: incorrect centering of vertices of imported model
- corrected: mirror shape x and y was reversed
- corrected: top/bottom normal for 3d Studio max imported model
- corrected: word axe to axis (what was I thinking?)
- corrected: example 3da file bounceoftable. It would crash 3d Animator on opening
- bug corrected: texture uv mapper crashes when using a sprite as texture
- bug corrected: crash in model sequencing mode if shapelist is empty (division by zero)
- minor problem on renaming shape: undo/redo didn't work properly
- minor problem on mirroring model vertices: selecting axis mirror along corrected
- minor problem on empty 2d text shape: generated draw code failed due to division by zero
- minor problem on deleting a shape: improved scrolling
- minor problem on an invisible shape: generated code for a static model didn't reflect it
- manual: design window description elaborated
- manual: shape list description updated
- manual: principle and features chapter splitted in two chapters
- manual: hotkey list updated
- manual: keywords index updated
- manual: links corrected
- manual: file structure description updated
- manual: 2d text in 3d mode bug added to Problems of GameMaker list
- manual: menu descriptions updated
- manual: menu item generate for and animation mode moved
- manual: a few more wishes added
- manual: ds_list wish removed, because using ds_lists isn't faster
- manual: some textual and visual improvements
I mentioned earlier I made this tool to make animations of breaking furniture and other
stuff for my game Doom Revisited. I wanted the player to be able to
smash up things. I find a 3d game without animations so static. Try out
this new tool and use your imagination to come up with some good
animations which enrichen your 3d game. 3d Animator has an extensive manual including a walkthrough tutorial for making your first animation.
Good luck and let my know what you think of it
Edited by peverbeek, 23 June 2013 - 02:28 PM.
Posted 02 June 2010 - 03:45 PM
I\'ll soon Publish an exemple with script to load the animation.
For now check this out.
I hope You\'ll like it.
Very imprtant : Sorry, while I was making the exempl, i found a mistake in the exporting and the importing of the animaiton.
so now, if you want to use it again, then redownload it.
Edited by The Scorpion, 03 June 2010 - 08:56 PM.
Posted 29 June 2010 - 12:27 PM
A model editor with an easy to use graphical interface and supports shapes and primitives, along with texture UVs, vertex color/alpha and more.
The current version can convert OBJ model files to Game Maker model files.
Edited by RobinT, 31 August 2010 - 01:40 PM.
Posted 15 October 2010 - 11:10 PM
Posted 29 October 2010 - 11:06 PM
Funny it got mentioned here as I have been looking at it for a while (the 2.5+ version). I wasn't sure the site just seems a little...hmm. It is also very rarely mentioned (altho saying that I figured it might not be due to the isometric, 2d era mainstream wise has died.
I am not sure whether I should download it or not. Can anyone recommend its good points to me and tell me what experiences they've had using it? Also what sort of content did they create on it?
Posted 07 November 2010 - 07:23 PM
It can be found here: http://www.yoyogames...58-gm-alter-ego
(I'll make a topic soon)
Edited by BlueMoonProductions, 08 November 2010 - 03:22 PM.
Posted 28 November 2010 - 02:59 PM
Baked05a was released on April 14,2011 and is getting pretty close to 1.0.
Unwrap lighting and shadows
edit: updated link to newer version April 14,2011
Edited by skullnbones, 14 April 2011 - 08:37 PM.
Posted 06 February 2011 - 01:49 PM
If you ever imagined becoming a 3D artist professional then chances are a program like blender is what you are going to use. This program is a 3D animation studio and most definitely is downloaded more then any other program of the type, though it may not be the most popular among artist. This programs ability is limited only by its user so I recommend spending a few weeks time researching what there is to learn about it. I can offer advice on its use but only if you have exhausted other possibilities as I am not exactly selfless.
Also check out the Blender website for tutorials and links to other resources. Currently in development is the blender 2.5x (soon to be 2.6) series and it worth the download. The 2.5x series is currently in beta (02/11) but I have had very little issue with it in my own trial, and it may serve as a better version to use as a beginner for many reasons. You can visit the main Blender website here for more info.
Lastly if any of these links are broken please pm me and I will restore (this should not happen).
Posted 18 February 2011 - 10:18 AM
Posted 17 March 2011 - 02:10 PM
Edit:... I realize this just bloats it more...
Edited by icicle.flame, 17 March 2011 - 02:11 PM.
Posted 05 June 2011 - 05:33 AM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users