Posted 04 December 2004 - 12:59 PM
Tools would be something like a model creator/convertor, world creator, etc.
Please do not post tutorials here.
Please use the graphics resource topic to post other tools not made specificly for GM (ex. Blender)
My recent tutorials: [Auto-Tiling] [Text Based Menu] [Sprite Based Menu] [View more at my site]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
R.I.P Mom (1951-2008)
Posted 24 January 2005 - 11:40 PM
And a nice tutorial for KingSpace in PDF format can be found here: http://forums.gamema...showtopic=97978
KingSpace supports .obj files and .3do files.
Posted 06 June 2005 - 07:21 PM
This was originally created as a tool to help with development of Missionary 2. It contains fully-functional polygon and primitive modeling capability, along with UV mapping, saving and loading of models, and exporting to gm's 3d model format. It sports a cursor-based fully 3d development interface, which facilitates easy development of models. In addition, it boasts a clean interface with many advanced options to speed development. It is also one of the most rapidly-developing model making programs on the gmc today.
Edited by KC LC, 27 July 2009 - 01:27 PM.
Posted 09 June 2005 - 04:52 AM
Edited by BusterBot858, 16 March 2006 - 06:47 PM.
Posted 10 July 2005 - 06:05 AM
Now it is released!!!
SCREENSHOTS quick load
It comes with an EXAMPLE (the ZIP contains modeller and example) showing its abilities (watch the screenshots!)
Now it has:
-Good easy interface
-The ability to see what you are modelling (EASY PREVIEW MODE)
-All the basic shapes can be drawn (cilynder,block,wall,floor,cone,ellipsoid)
-The ability to combine difficult models from easy(simple) shapes (buildings,cars,furnitur,planes...)
-It doesn't slow down your computer cause it uses D3D graphix!
-<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'>Game Maker v6.0</span> or higher
-And you don't need any converters to see your models (made by it) in your games!
-Just watch the example wich comes with it and you'll see!!!
Just download it worth it!
From the idea to animated model.
Download here: http://gta-home.narod.ru/modeller.html
New link (made in GM8) - download
Edited by hermanshooltz, 28 January 2010 - 08:10 PM.
GoMommy - a violent mother
GoMommy: IMD - Invaders Must DIE!
Magic ICO - convert any image to icon
Posted 10 July 2005 - 12:13 PM
My modelling-program is called GM Modelling (v.1.0) and it is created in and for GameMaker.
You can use all the shapes that already exists in GameMaker (v.6.1), but this'll save you alot of time...
I strongly suggest you to read the instructions before trying out the program.
-All the shapes that already exists in GameMaker
-Surface- & Triangle-shapes
-Saving/Loading "Projects", of course
-Diffrent moving posibilities (move vertex, rotate object, change size & move the whole object)
-Zoom in/out in the editor
-Multiple object selecting
-Diffrent "views"; Top-view (x/y), Front-view (x/z), Side-view (y/z) & Perspective-view (3D pre-view)
(Even if I use "http://..." the link doesn't work... Copy and paste into broser!)
All my files are uploaded on FileFront:
(You can find other download-links on my homepage.)
If you need any help about the program: PM me.
Also, if you have any tip for further updates contact me, because I'm planning on updating the program...
Edited by EvilCookie, 04 October 2005 - 08:14 PM.
Visit my homepage at:
The site contains downloads of examples and executables.
Posted 11 July 2005 - 09:53 PM
This is more of an Obj Model animation system at this point, though it can still be used to import simply one object file for use.
Allows you to load a series of object files into GM as a DS_LIST of model indexes..
Allows you to load individual meshes from a .obj file
Allows interpolation of frames... that is creating frames between the keyframes in a model. This is the trick the pros use! (Note that frames must have identical number of faces and identical vt (texture) coordinates or the results will be um... very ugly).
Direct Link to the converter topic.
Posted 19 August 2005 - 11:10 AM
I actually made this program to ease the the creation of buildings for Newcitysim
but its also really suitable for other games, since it exports objects as d3d_model.
- mouse-controlled, easy to use modeller (thanks to Yourself's 2d to 3d script)
- saving as d3d model
- 7 different standard shapes: block, cylinder, cone, wedge, arch, floor and wall
- Really easy UV-mapping
- automatic normal fixing for basic shapes, it doesn't matter which way you drag, the normals are always good.
Go to the Building Constructor Topic
Edited by L4nt0m, 26 October 2006 - 11:43 AM.
Posted 29 November 2005 - 06:17 AM
It's a vertex-triangle based model maker.
Link: Tri-Vertices (Version Two)
It creates models and exports them to a GM Model or GM Script.
Spirit Of The Wolf.
Edited by Spirit Of The Wolf, 01 December 2005 - 01:38 AM.
Visit Australia. So where the bloody hell are ya?
File Hosting | Game Reviews | GM Script Archive | GML-BBCode | Red Panda Paws Website
Try to post screenshots of you games so people with 56k internet
(people like me) can decide whether they may want to download it or not.
Posted 13 December 2005 - 05:26 AM
POTV2 Converter can import these formats:
.vtx (Exported from Anim8or)
.obj (Exported from Anim8or/ Blender)
.txt /.d3d/.gml(Game Maker 6.0 Primitive Scripts)
.txt /.d3d/.gml(Game Maker 6.1 Model Scripts)
.mpv/ .mod (Game Maker 6.1 Model File)
POTV2 Converter can export these formats:
.txt /.d3d/.gml(Game Maker 6.0 Primitive Scripts)
.txt /.d3d/.gml(Game Maker 6.1 Model Scripts)
.mpv/ .mod (Game Maker 6.1 Model File)
Other usefull features
-View/Export UVMap ready for painting on
-Move, Rotate, Scale, Center About Origin options etc...
-A Generate Normals tool that can make you models look far more rounded with lighting (Screenshots )
-A tool to generate a BMP file that is a precise collision mask
-View model from any angle, including Top+Bottom
-Multiple view modes (Wireframe, Textured) and options (Toggle Lighting, Toggle Showing Normals)
-Choose whether you want to export Normals And/Or Texture Coordinates when you export it.
-A cool popdown menu bar alpha/color effect
-It says above, but you can import GM6 Models! This means that if you have a converted model in your game folder that is just a fraction to small or rotated wrong etc, you can open it with this and export again
Thread: Thread Here
Edited by SupremeJosh, 17 December 2005 - 04:35 AM.
Posted 05 September 2006 - 08:08 PM
Primitive is a 3d modelling program that I created.
It is built for ease of use and simple controls.
It has mouse support and many other features such as texturizing your models.
It is made for placeing vertices one by one and createing models out of triangles.
You can go here for more information, a download link, and screenshots:
Thanks for reading.
Edited by NEED HELP sorta, 05 September 2006 - 08:08 PM.
Alagaesia Online - Not yet released.
You can bring the release date closer, by helping at the following topics:
Posted 30 September 2006 - 09:23 PM
Posted 02 October 2006 - 10:45 PM
- WaveFront .obj
- Anim8or .vtx
- C source files .c
- DirectX files .x
- 3D Studio ASCII files .asc
- GameMaker .mod
3d models to Game Maker.
d3d_model_load_ext can read all vertex, texture and normals data. It has parameters to make it easier to use the model in GM.
- flip the normals
- mirror the texture coordinates
- set a scale (because d3d_transform_add_scaling(xy,ys,zs) destroys the normals)
There's also a demo available.
Edited by Master Xilo, 10 July 2012 - 09:10 PM.
Posted 02 June 2007 - 02:29 PM
This is a free tool that takes a heightmap and colormap and makes it into a terrain file.
-Wavefront obj Support
-Gm model support
-Heightmap & Colormap Creation
If you have any questions or comments, PM me.
Edited by the_doominator, 02 June 2007 - 02:30 PM.
Posted 07 June 2007 - 06:45 PM
With this tool you can easily create, scale, move, rotate and edit bounding boxes and bounding box faces. Then you can save them to a *.gmbb file, which you can then load in Game Maker, with the included scripts. The scripts are located in the file GmBB Scripts.gml. You can see how those scripts work in the file bbox_example_GM7.gmk.
Click to go to the topic
Edited by Jesper, 07 June 2007 - 06:45 PM.
The latest game news (Dutch): GameRSS game nieuws
Posted 17 July 2007 - 12:12 AM
this is a lib gex file i created for 1st person shooter games. its a beta version to see if its easy or not yet. theres not much to it... im not good at much explaining things.
Posted 20 September 2007 - 11:25 PM
Introducing a new .OBJ to GM model converter for the masses.
That's SINAZ... He fights for the Users.
I am retired from providing GML Mentorship, but I am available to answer questions about career and educational goals & strategies to members who are interested in pursuing game development as a life long profession. Just PM me!
Please please please: pin a shortcut or link to the GM manual to your Start Menu. Open it up whenever you are offering advice on functions you are not 100% familiar with and refer to it before committing your post.
Posted 06 October 2007 - 07:00 PM
A dll I'm working on to perform 3d collision checking in GM games.
[GMN DEVBLOG] . 3D Domino Sim . 3D waterslide . Snowball Star . Desktop Physics . Cloudless Haze
[3D terrain decal mapping]
Posted 29 October 2007 - 03:11 PM
It is not fully operational, and although there aren't any "glitches", there are somethings that will greatly inhibit your ability to create levels with the software, such as a non-adjustable screen resolution and not being able to modify more than 30 polygons...I will upload a hotfix soon...
Edited by WarriorArtiste, 29 October 2007 - 05:43 PM.
-33% of the population are Zoogles, 34% of the population are Yoodles, and 100-(34+33)% of the population are noodles. If you put this in your signature, I'm alright with that, if not, that's fine too.
Posted 27 April 2008 - 11:40 PM
Edited by EDGE, 04 July 2008 - 06:47 AM.
Posted 10 November 2008 - 07:33 AM
Posted 06 January 2009 - 09:01 PM
Model Creator for Game Maker (v5.0)
This program allows you to create 3D models for Game Maker. This is not the first version, it's just the first time I created a topic for it on this forum. Older versions can be found on the Dutch GMC: link.
Video toturial on YouTube: Modeling a chair
If you have no idea how to start, it is a good idea to watch this video first.
This is a screenshot of the main program. It shows the entire menu and two views.
The program is a lot easier to use than most professional modeling programs. It is meant for creating low-poly models (<1000 triangles) as Game Maker would slow down anyway if you tried to use models that are too complicated. However, it is perfectly possible to create high-poly models with it as well.
Download Model Creator v5.0 (1.75MB)
- Supports the GM model file format
- Supports File Association to open the models more quickly
- Supports triangles and all basic shapes
- Supports color, alpha and texture (with UV mapping)
- Supports lots of transformations to edit your models
- Supports undo/redo (up to 20 times!)
- Uses my calculator DLL for all user input (you can use expressions)
- Uses Max WinAPI for all popup menus
Posted 02 March 2009 - 08:10 PM
Its really simple to use with online tutorials. It has good texture builders and UV mapping. The modelingtools are also very powerful. Unfortunately it cant export as anything but obj. pov. and VRML but if you really want to you can build plugins for it because it runs on Java.
Edited by Cam Toms, 02 March 2009 - 08:13 PM.
Posted 28 March 2010 - 04:15 PM
Morphing models feature has been improved and new feature 3d text is added.
Get 3d Animator, a tool that brings 3d animations to your 3d GameMaker game. It generates authentic GM 7, 8 and Studio code. No extension is required . Just make an animated model and paste the generated code into your 3d object or let 3d Animator create a GM: Studio object. You can import and convert models, and repair uv maps. Fully documented manual.
Tutorials on youtube examples put into Doom Revisited,importing a running zDoom man, making a ball fall from a table, getting your animation into your game
3d Animator has, amongst others, the following features:
- Create static or animated models using the key frame or model sequence mode.
- Play animation forward, backwards, back and forth or looped at different speeds (in 3d Animator as in your game).
- Build an animated model out of several types of shapes (blocks, ellipsoid, etc.) or imported models stored in the shape list.
- Wavefront .obj models, 3d Studio Max models, Animated Quake 2 models can be imported (and exported as GameMaker models).
- Imported models can be corrected (enlarged, rotated, etc.) and their texture uv maps can be fixed/drawn.
- By using key frame motion shapes/imported models can be moved, rotated, bounced, enlarged, etc. in time, so parts can fall down, bounce, circle, fly, etc.
- Imported models can be morphed and merged.
- Each shape can have a texture and texture maps of imported models can be fixed/drawn by using the uv mapper.
- Keyframes (which hold the properties like position, angle, rotation of a shape) can be added, moved and deleted.
- All the changes you made can be undone and redone if necessary and
- if 3d Animator or your PC crashes you can go back to your very last made change.
- GameMaker code can be generated for your static model for draw & create event and
- code for your animated model for create, step and draw event.
release notes version 1.66:
- added: add a text as 3d text model
- manual: 3d text explained (features: alignment, scale, spacing, depth, slanting, elevation effect)
- morphing improved: 2 morphing types can be used, matching neighboring triangles is especially for models with different sizes
- morphing improved: number of morphed models (steps/frames) can be given
- added: HelloWorld3dmorph.3da file is an example of morphing (by matching neighboring triangles)
- merging improved: texture uv map of merged model can be divided into 2 separate parts for the 2 models (note: texture has to be adapted)
- added: slanting imported models
- added: free rotation of imported models
- added: properties matrix to show properties of all shapes for each keyframe (hotkey enter)
- added: scrollbar for easy scrolling through shapes
- added: zoom bar and zoom hotkeys for easy zooming (besides zooming by mouse wheel)
- added: export a model as Wavefront .obj
- added: option to show number of vertices of an imported model (gives an indication of memory use and load/draw speed)
- added: option to hide message popupbox to paste code in your 3d object (last item of generate menu)
- added: if generate for GameMaker: Studio, backgrounds and sprites of your game can be selected as textures straight away
- added: item in file menu to point to your GameMaker: Studio project game file (becomes visible if generation is on GameMaker: Studio)
- added: hotkey e for toggling extended keyframes view
- added: hotkeys for show/hide axis, floor, room speed and lightbar
- added: remove lighting normals of an imported model (if ambient lighting is used)
- added: question to go to model sequencing mode after importing a Quake 2 model
- added: showing and processing only main properties of keyframe 0 in model sequencing mode (conforming to generated code)
- added: a light color can be chosen for the lighting
- added: window can be resized by dragging a window border
- added: skybox (hotkey F7) to see your model in a different light
- added: 3d Animator project can be saved as xml file
- added: right click plus shift resets property of keyframe of selected shape
- changed: imported model related items of shape menu to separate model menu
- changed: keyframe/model sequencing mode menu item moved to file menu
- changed: generate for GameMaker version menu item moved to file menu
- changed: exported models have a d3d extension instead of mod (to conform to direct3d)
- changed: export model directory saved as relative path
- changed: disabled the 2d text shape for GameMaker: Studio, because the font_add() function only works in HTML5. Besides each character is shown at double width in 3d (bug?)
- manual: explanation of this disabled 2d text feature
- changed: some visual and textual improvements
- improved: menu item 'reset view to default' resets more of design window view
- improved: rgb values shown beside color rectangle in properties window
- improved: option menu improved visually
- improved: switching mode is incorporated in undo/redo system
- added in uv mapper: save texture uv map as png (for drawing a texture in external program according to uv map)
- added in uv mapper: scale all uv coordinates
- added in uv mapper: select all nodes
- changed in uv mapper: dragging nodes horizontal/vertical left and right shift (instead of shift and control)
- changed in uv mapper: minor changes to menu
- corrected: at undo or redo no shape is selected
- corrected: incorrect centering of vertices of imported model
- corrected: mirror shape x and y was reversed
- corrected: top/bottom normal for 3d Studio max imported model
- corrected: word axe to axis (what was I thinking?)
- corrected: example 3da file bounceoftable. It would crash 3d Animator on opening
- bug corrected: texture uv mapper crashes when using a sprite as texture
- bug corrected: crash in model sequencing mode if shapelist is empty (division by zero)
- minor problem on renaming shape: undo/redo didn't work properly
- minor problem on mirroring model vertices: selecting axis mirror along corrected
- minor problem on empty 2d text shape: generated draw code failed due to division by zero
- minor problem on deleting a shape: improved scrolling
- minor problem on an invisible shape: generated code for a static model didn't reflect it
- manual: design window description elaborated
- manual: shape list description updated
- manual: principle and features chapter splitted in two chapters
- manual: hotkey list updated
- manual: keywords index updated
- manual: links corrected
- manual: file structure description updated
- manual: 2d text in 3d mode bug added to Problems of GameMaker list
- manual: menu descriptions updated
- manual: menu item generate for and animation mode moved
- manual: a few more wishes added
- manual: ds_list wish removed, because using ds_lists isn't faster
- manual: some textual and visual improvements
I mentioned earlier I made this tool to make animations of breaking furniture and other
stuff for my game Doom Revisited. I wanted the player to be able to
smash up things. I find a 3d game without animations so static. Try out
this new tool and use your imagination to come up with some good
animations which enrichen your 3d game. 3d Animator has an extensive manual including a walkthrough tutorial for making your first animation.
Good luck and let my know what you think of it
Edited by peverbeek, 23 June 2013 - 02:42 PM.
Posted 17 April 2010 - 02:42 AM
A brand new 3D low poly level editor, easy to use, supports multiple textures and features built in collisions.
Posted 02 June 2010 - 03:59 PM
I\'ll soon Publish an exemple with script to load the animation.
For now check this out.
I hope You\'ll like it.
Very imprtant : Sorry, while I was making the exempl, i found a mistake in the exporting and the importing of the animaiton.
so now, if you want to use it again, then redownload it.
Edited by The Scorpion, 03 June 2010 - 09:10 PM.
Blender/3DMAX7 Animations to GM link
3D Animation 3Dmax11 to GameMaker link
Posted 29 June 2010 - 12:41 PM
A model editor with an easy to use graphical interface and supports shapes and primitives, along with texture UVs, vertex color/alpha and more.
The current version can convert OBJ model files to Game Maker model files.
Edited by RobinT, 31 August 2010 - 01:54 PM.
My Games | RT-dev | RTII forum | Fight My Brute | Grayscale Corporation Forum
Please read and follow the closed, or your account may be Signature Rules.
Posted 09 July 2010 - 12:52 PM
Edited by The Scorpion, 09 July 2010 - 12:54 PM.
Blender/3DMAX7 Animations to GM link
3D Animation 3Dmax11 to GameMaker link
Posted 15 October 2010 - 11:24 PM
Posted 29 October 2010 - 11:20 PM
Funny it got mentioned here as I have been looking at it for a while (the 2.5+ version). I wasn't sure the site just seems a little...hmm. It is also very rarely mentioned (altho saying that I figured it might not be due to the isometric, 2d era mainstream wise has died.
I am not sure whether I should download it or not. Can anyone recommend its good points to me and tell me what experiences they've had using it? Also what sort of content did they create on it?
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users