Posted 01 December 2004 - 09:09 PM
Sorry, I know I said I'd update it tommorow.. but my computer was kind of dumb... so here I am... A week later....
So we've finally decided on all (well almost all) the details of this little thing
Game Maker Collection 2005 rules and Information
The Collection will be Game Maker Collection 2005, here is the information:
- All entries must be sent to either firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- All entries are due by September 10th, 2005 and may not be turned in earlier then August 5th 2005.
- The Game may have been created or started any time in 2005 or before that.
- Entries must have been created with Game Maker.
- Entries must be E material (Everyone, ESRB) We will not accept M, Ao, and might not even accept T.
- PLEASE, fully test and debug your game before sending it to us.
- Each entry must include the following:
+ Title of Game
+ Developer Name
+ Developer Information (address, e-mail, phone, etc.)
+ Game information (1/2 page, 10 pt. font or 1 page double spaced in rtf
+ Devloper Bio (Who they are, etc. Same limit of space as Game Info)
+ Developer Splash screen (intro screen at the begining)
+ The game in stand-alone format
+ The game in editable format
- In order to have your game put into the collection, you must first sign a contract, and you cannot enter till you have (We are currently working on it)
- It would really help if people who are planning on entering, would send us their information before August 5th, so we can get an estimate of what we're dealing with.
- there will be a fee of about 2$ - 10$ (we haven't decided yet) but it won't be due till half way through the judging.
- JUDGING BEGINS SEPTEMBER 10TH
- Creation*Infinite will be judging all the entries.
- We are judging on the following
+ Content (language, violence, etc.)
+ Game play (easiness and quality)
+ Grammar (Spelling, etc.)
+ Graphic Content (Quality and extent of graphic)
+ Sound Content (Music, etc.)
- After we have judged all the entries, we are going to do an approximation of placement. We may be able to get all the entries in, but it depends on how many enter and how big the entries are.
- After judging is done, the chosen developers will recieve an information sheet of changes that need to be made. These are not going to be evil extensive requirements, mostly fixing up graphics, sound, and some minor bugs. It is asked that you apply these changes to your game.
Assembling the collection
- ASSEMBLY BEGINS OCTOBER 5TH
- Before we start assembling the collection, we first will send all the entries into ESRB so the game can recieve a rating (we are going to look into this more later)
- Finally, we are going to start assembling the game(s) now dependant upon how many entries we have, their might be many edition of the game, ex: blue, red. These will be how the games will be grouped together.
- Each edition will contain the following:
- CD w/labels
- Cover booklet
- Box cover
- CD case
- Other Booklet
- Misc Advertisements
- The cover of each edition will be designed by Creation*Infinite and so will everything else in the edition.
- The booklet will contain the information you sent into us, Developer Bio, Game info, etc. Depending on the room, you can do more.
Distribution of the Collection(s)
- We are going to be trying to get as many stores (Target, Wal mart, etc. ) to distribute the game as we can.
- Also, we'll need some minor distributors from the game maker site, who have their own website, etc.
+ If you want to be a minor distributor please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com for more information
- The Collection (CD, Packaging, etc. will be assembled at Creation*Infinite and delivered to the various distributors.
Advertising for the Collection
-Obviously we are going to need advertisement for the collection, we have various ideas, but we are still working on them, if you have ideas to help, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com Please remember, we have a very tight budget as this is our first project.
- This is a really stinky subject as for the fact that, indivisual profits are going to be low most likely. But we have some solutions:
+ Multiple prototypes (blue, red, yellow edition, etc.) this will provide for more profit ability for indivisual developers.
+ If we get good advertising, we can sell it for more.
- In order for this to work, we need lots of developers, so ADVERTISE to game maker users, all users are welcome!
- For more info, contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- This last note is for Mark Overmars if he sees it: We will be advertising Game Maker in the collection for free, so if he wants to advertise for the collection (to developers) we'd appreciate it.
SPECIAL THANKS TO: Mark Overmars, and all the people who made Game Maker and this site possible.
BTW - We are currently updating our website, possibly even moving it... So if it looks like crap, don't worry.