Download [235KB] - Dynamic Lookup.zip
What is it?
This is just an extension for Game Maker that incorporate DSR's quick-lookup functionality in GM's editor by adding a small edit box into the toolbar. Although not as robust or as tightly integrated as it was in DSR, I still think it's better than firing up the manual every time you need to lookup a function because forget exactly what it does.
The startup is not quite user-friendly but it isn't that bad either.
- start GM
- start an "execute script" action anywhere (you only need to do this once)
- start my program
- right click on my program's tray icon and select "Attach!"
That's all; now for the remainder of your work session the quick-lookup edit box will stay readily available. To lookup a function, simple type its name into the edit box and hit Enter.
- currently, this only works for the "execute script" editor (action through objects )
- the hint box will close if the edit box is blank or after 15 seconds, whichever comes first
- remember to terminate the plugin when you don't use GM anymore (close action in tray), for now there is no auto-close yet
- this works with both and , but please note that many functions are not applicable to
If there's an interest in this kind of thing, I will improve it further with more features coolness.
Who knows, maybe you'll see some form of DSR integrated into GM some day...
Edited by DT, 17 November 2004 - 05:10 AM.