Photo

Every time object destoyed "Pause event has been registered for this frame"

gm8.1 gm:studio

Best Answer TsukaYuriko, 29 March 2016 - 12:37 AM

As far as I can tell, that happens whenever the game is restarted or the game window loses focus.

About the actual issue (because that message isn't one): Some code in your game is causing what you're describing, and it's not the code you posted. If your game is randomly restarting, it's probably caused by a game_restart(); somewhere in your code that is triggered when it shouldn't be - perform a global search and make sure that all of the lines that come up as results only execute when you want them to.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ectosum

ectosum

GMC Member

• 5 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 29 March 2016 - 12:28 AM

More especifically 

"Pause event has been registered for this frame
Pause event has been unregistered"

Basically what happens is, when enemy enters in contact with a number of other objects it does this:

"sprite_index = spr_explosion
alarm[0] = 5"

and then, on the alarm:

"instance_destroy();"

I've tested to see if it was an especific interaction but any time this object is destroyed this message appears and then my game restarts.

I dont even know what this message means so anybody that can fill me in would be an amazing help :)

#2 TsukaYuriko

TsukaYuriko

Remember... and never forget

• Global Moderators
  • 9535 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 12:37 AM   Best Answer

As far as I can tell, that happens whenever the game is restarted or the game window loses focus.

About the actual issue (because that message isn't one): Some code in your game is causing what you're describing, and it's not the code you posted. If your game is randomly restarting, it's probably caused by a game_restart(); somewhere in your code that is triggered when it shouldn't be - perform a global search and make sure that all of the lines that come up as results only execute when you want them to.

yBGBXQa.pngmWOQbeq.png

#3 ectosum

ectosum

GMC Member

• 5 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 12:54 AM

Thanks for explaining to me.

I'm having a hard time finding the cause for the restart though, already did a global search and everything checks in apparently. Are there any other reasons a game could restart like that?

#4 flyingsaucerinvasion

flyingsaucerinvasion

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 720 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 01:03 AM

I've never heard for the game restarting without reason.  You've checked out every instance of game_restart?  or room_restart?

On windows 7, (target platfrom= windows), I don't get a pause event registered message when restarting the game.  I only get that message when the window loses focus.

Edited by flyingsaucerinvasion, 29 March 2016 - 01:04 AM.

#5 ectosum

ectosum

GMC Member

• 5 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 01:10 AM

:whistle: I think I found it, noobish mistake, sorry for bothering 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: gm8.1, gm:studio