Photo

Dev Team Wanted - BaroTCG (Pokémon TCG Clone)

question idea

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 RetroGamerr

RetroGamerr

GMC Member

• 3 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 20 March 2016 - 04:30 PM

Dear Game makers,

My name is Jasper Speelman and I'm a creator of graphics, music, code, voice acting and sometimes sound effects.
I'm trying to create a Pokémon Trading Card Game clone with original monsters (Baromon, created by the Pokémon rom hacker Baro). I've got a lot of ideas but because I'm pretty busy and the only one working on this project, it will probably take a long time before it is realized.
That's why I want to get a group of people together to help me finish this thing. I don't want to sell it, but make it freely accesible to everyone. I've already created an illustrated 15 cards, which you can find here: http://picsurge.com/g/rgIaRt
I've also created a playing field with code giving the ability to draw cards from a deck and show them in your hand.
These are a couple of things I'd like to implement into BaroTCG:

- A tutorial in the style of Pokémon Play It! (v2), the tutorial game for the original TCG which was available around the start of Pokémon TCG. So with good explanation and voice acting.
- A storyline that supports the tutorial and possible future battles.
- At least 151 Baromon, all Trainer cards and all energy cards from the first generation.
- The possibility to build your own deck.
- The possibility to battle other players.
- Tournaments and a shop.
- Maybe even the second and third generation Baromon, trainer cards and energy cards.
- And if it's possible an overworld like the gameboy color TCG game.

A couple of these features will take a very long time, but I think the result will be amazing.
Who wants to help me?  :lol:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: question, idea