Posted 13 March 2016 - 09:53 AM

• Title: GameMaker Inventory Tutorial
  • Description: Tutorial on coding your own inventory in GML
  • GM Version: GM8, GM8.1 and GMS
  • Required Extension: None
  • Required DLL: None
  • Download: http://host-a.net/u/...ation_Guide.zip
  • License: Freeware (Open Source)

This tutorial is aimed at novice GML users but intermediate users may also find it useful. This tutorial shows you how to make your own inventory easily. We begin with coding a simple inventory and end with coding a much more efficient inventory. Along with coding an inventory, you'll also learn how to use 1D and 2D arrays.

#2 chance

chance

GMC Member

• Global Moderators
  • 8762 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 13 March 2016 - 12:06 PM

I imported the GM8.1 file into Studio, and it seemed to run fine.  As you said, the example is basic, so it should be good for beginners and intermediate users. 

I've only looked at the ExampleBasic file, so far.  The syntax is fine, and the code has plenty of comments so it's easy to follow.  And your included PDF tutorial is useful too.  So this is fine for the tutorials forum.

#3 trg601

trg601

Member of the GMC

• GMC Member
  • 629 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 13 March 2016 - 03:11 PM

Like chance said, a very simple example, I didn't actually look at the source file because I'm lazy, but I felt the PDF was very well written, and included enough information so that an absolute beginner could understand it.

Nice job!

Because of the forum being archived, the above post is probably pretty old and may not reflect my current opinion.
If you want to find some of my games go to: Mutantbrain