5 replies to this topic

#1 Arthod

Arthod

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 43 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 08 March 2016 - 06:44 PM

I am currently making a game with waves where different enemies appear each wave. I am asking if you guys have any ideas for possible enemies. Also different enemies have different drops so if you could help out with the drops too that would be great.

Currently I only have two enemies.

Rat:
2 Ratskin

1 Rat meat

Zombie:
(ideas)

.. If you could just make a list of ideas with drops.

PS: I didn't know which topic to post it in. Sorry if this is the wrong one.

#2 vidokas

vidokas

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 351 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 08 March 2016 - 08:08 PM

I just googled :D

Beasts: Bears, Boars, Komodo Dragons, Giant Rats, Wolves, Rhinos, Hippos, Terror Birds, Baboons, Wild Dogs, Giant Apes, Lions, Snakes

Bugs: Marabunta (Army Ant Swarm), Giant Spiders, Giant Centipedes, Giant Beetles, Giant Mosquitoes, Sand Worms, Giant Leeches

Humans: Pirates, Bandits, Smugglers, Poachers, Pygmies, Amazons, Cannibals, Head Hunters, Lunatics, Dark Cultists, Wild Men

Humanoids: Neanderthals, Fish Men, Mole Men, Reptile Men, Troglodytes (Blind, Albino Cave Dwellers), Antediluvian Giants, Ghouls, Sasquatches

Undead: Reanimated Skeletons, Reanimated Mummies, Ghosts, Voodoo Zombies

Supernatural: Guardian Demons, Animated Statues, Animated Voodoo Dolls, Dark Spirits, Eldritch Horrors, Shapeshifters

Other: Carnivorous Plants, Ancient Automatons

https://steamcommuni...98173703739911/

Most popular game in gmc forums would be...
Zombie shooter rpg in minecraft world with zelda as main character which can summon pokemons.

#3 Arthod

Arthod

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 43 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 08:10 PM

Wow.. that's a bunch :P

#4 Rusty

Rusty

The Rustic One

• GMC Member
  • 4048 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 04:45 PM

.. If you could just make a list of ideas with drops.

PS: I didn't know which topic to post it in. Sorry if this is the wrong one.

We don't have a topic for this, because we're not members of your development team.

It is not our job to design your game for you, if you come across any issues during your design then we are happy to discuss them with you but asking us to give you things simply isn't how this place works. We're here to help you, not to do it for you.

Towards the purpose of helping you, I'd recommend setting up your item system first to see what items the player might actually need/use and then developing enemies around those requirements. If you find your item system has a big requirement for items like pelts and meat then including more general animals will fill that gap and keep the player involved in the game. If your item system needs items like steel and iron, you can include more enemies that will carry item made with those materials, like ancient undead warriors.

Get your supporting systems sorted before you start doing an extensive database on what you need to include and you'll have a much clearer picture of what you actually need to include.

tumblr_ngbm3tNUVy1thlk7do1_75sq.png

Professor Kayge says: "Play Project Jin! I'm sure it's been released by whatever year you're reading this in!"

#5 Arthod

Arthod

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 43 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 06:11 PM

I am not asking for sprites or coding. I am simply asking for ideas for my game? My game was intended to only have rats but I realized it would be better with a bit of variation. I am sorry if I offended you, But I was simply looking for advice not free stuff.

#6 Rusty

Rusty

The Rustic One

• GMC Member
  • 4048 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 06:55 PM

I am not asking for sprites or coding. I am simply asking for ideas for my game? My game was intended to only have rats but I realized it would be better with a bit of variation. I am sorry if I offended you, But I was simply looking for advice not free stuff.

You haven't offended me, I'm simply saying you are better off asking us for general design advice rather than asking us to make a list of enemies for you. You won't become any better at design if we just give you ideas.

As for the topic at hand, I'd advise you to keep the game on that theme if that is how you have designed it. I don't have enough information to give you any accurate advice for your game concept, but there are plenty of different rat breeds in the world that you could experiment with as different enemies (if you want to risk your game becoming somewhat educational!). If you wanted to go a more varied fantasy route you could take a look at Games Workshop's Skaven range.

tumblr_ngbm3tNUVy1thlk7do1_75sq.png

Professor Kayge says: "Play Project Jin! I'm sure it's been released by whatever year you're reading this in!"