10 replies to this topic

#1 shadow gamer

shadow gamer

Glory to Vanu

• GMC Member
  • 634 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 04 March 2016 - 09:25 PM

What resource could I use to find testers to test out my game? Even though gamedev.net and the GMC are good places to find dev testers, I want to see if I can get some casual gamers since those are usually the best testers. 

Edited by shadow gamer, 04 March 2016 - 09:57 PM.

Content Expressed below may be outdated or the post above may not reflect my current opinion. Goodday to all.

O2BqYnd.png

Beam Down, Drone: Sci-Fi Combat Platformer 

#2 chance

chance

GMC Member

• Global Moderators
  • 8762 posts

Posted 04 March 2016 - 09:35 PM

Even though gamedev.net and the GMC are good places to find dev testers, I want to see if I can get some casual testers since those are usually the best testers. 

We're pretty casual around here.  :P  Just fellow game devs helping each other.  And your topic in Creations got some useful comments.

#3 TLT96

TLT96

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 186 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 04 March 2016 - 09:41 PM

I could be one, also, you could just upload a game and everyone here may tell you about the problems :P (So, yeah, we all are kinda like Testers)

If i solve your problem click right here---------------------------------------------^ rep_up.png                  .

Btw, im having issues with the forum, if you see weird stuff in my messages i apologize for them...

I usually get weird colours, Weird quotes or the worst of all... Incomplete messages (Half of my messages get lost...)

Hablas español? Pues, haz tus dudas de Game Maker en >este< foro

#4 shadow gamer

shadow gamer

Glory to Vanu

• GMC Member
  • 634 posts

Posted 04 March 2016 - 09:56 PM

Even though gamedev.net and the GMC are good places to find dev testers, I want to see if I can get some casual testers since those are usually the best testers. 

We're pretty casual around here.  :P  Just fellow game devs helping each other.  And your topic in Creations got some useful comments.

Meant non-devs, casual gamers. People who don't develop games all day. Also, it's a closed Beta, which is why I'm not posting it here. You guys provide great feedback but you're just not the demographic I'm looking to test for. 

The game I have been developing for 9 months has never been posted here. Chance, did you get access to google's servers? :P

Edited by shadow gamer, 04 March 2016 - 09:58 PM.

Content Expressed below may be outdated or the post above may not reflect my current opinion. Goodday to all.

O2BqYnd.png

#5 tchami

tchami

Anytime is HouseTime

• GMC Member
  • 31 posts

Posted 04 March 2016 - 10:30 PM

Gamejolt has a good mix of devs and non-devs. Maybe you could post a WIP there and post it with info on how to participate in the Beta? Just my two cents

Currently working on a futuristic themed tank vs drones shoot-em-up. Will post topic once I have it ready for alpha release. Screenshots- http://s9.postimg.or...ykxb/screen.png
In need of a story and some sound effects. PM if you can help.

#6 shadow gamer

shadow gamer

Glory to Vanu

• GMC Member
  • 634 posts

Posted 05 March 2016 - 02:36 AM

Holy crap, I posted on the LinusTechTips forum and I got like 7 responses already...

O2BqYnd.png

#7 RangerX

RangerX

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 3429 posts

Posted 05 March 2016 - 03:32 AM

What's that forum? 

----------------------------------------- Always need testers! -------------------------------------------------------

The Life Ruby (Metroidvania platformer / Skills platformer)

(alpha section)

http://gmc.yoyogames...opic=658670&hl=

#8 shadow gamer

shadow gamer

Glory to Vanu

• GMC Member
  • 634 posts

Posted 05 March 2016 - 04:41 AM

What's that forum? 

www.linustechtips.com

It's a hardware channel. From the responses so far, most of them are avid gamers, but I guess I can't be picky...

O2BqYnd.png

#9 RangerX

RangerX

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 3429 posts

Posted 05 March 2016 - 05:29 AM

What's that forum? 

www.linustechtips.com

It's a hardware channel. From the responses so far, most of them are avid gamers, but I guess I can't be picky...

Yeah I guess. And they might find some pretty nasty bugs anyways. 

----------------------------------------- Always need testers! -------------------------------------------------------

The Life Ruby (Metroidvania platformer / Skills platformer)

(alpha section)

http://gmc.yoyogames...opic=658670&hl=

#10 Dylzer98

Dylzer98

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 24 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 03:05 AM

I would be glad to test out your games, if you posted a topic in the job offers section of the forum. You could simply ask anyone whether they would like to test out your game for free and / or pay them (you don't have to pay them, just don't say that you will).

If you would like me to test out your game, private message me via the personal messenger on this forum.

Dylzer98 (OricalTek Software)

OricalTek Owner

www.oricaltek.weebly.com

#11 Xer0botXer0

Xer0botXer0

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 770 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 01:03 PM

Post it in a social gaming group.

//=====================