GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 92 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 01:04 PM

Category: 2D, Desktop, Action, Shooter, RPG----Top-down survival game
File Size: HTML5 N/A
GM Version:  Studio

-NytyWn6_400x400.jpg

Enjoy a traditional Zombie Survival game, but with Pokemon instead of people and zombies! Battle endless hordes as you make your way through Kanto. Capture Pokemon to add to your survival team. Level up to evolve and gain new moves. Make sure you use the 4 best moves for the job. Some choices are simple. Flamethrower is basically an upgraded reskinned Ember. But while Fire Fang is also stronger than Ember, it is a close-range physical attack so the decision is not as simple.

Link: http://floatzgames.c...vival-mode.html
Instructions&Change Log&High Scores: http://floatzgames.com/info.html

Video: https://www.youtube....h?v=ob9cBp6_Rl4

Edited by youngjake, 11 March 2016 - 02:47 AM.

Looking for a game artist. Email me youngjake93@yahoo.com

#2 youngjake

youngjake

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 92 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 01:18 PM

Many updates have been made!

You can now play Mt. Moon, Cerulean Gym and Vermillion Gym. These come with loads of new Pokemon. Almost every move has had the graphics redone. TMs were added. Lots of new moves added. And much more!

Feedback is very appreciated!

#3 youngjake

youngjake

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 92 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 02:50 AM

Celadon Gym added and loads of other changes. Could anyone help me out with some feedback?

#4 towcar

towcar

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 44 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 24 March 2016 - 09:13 PM

Hey youngjake,

Finally played the game, first of all having a picture might help people click more but otherwise love that the game was in html5 so it was quick and easy to play.

Naturally its in alpha but I would love to see a graphics update on the game. More consistency, smoother graphics, nicer gui, etc. The Pokemon are off, in that they are flat, like head down. I would rather see them the same ways the trees and rocks are. Anyway much to add in this aspect.

Of course adding some more sounds can certainly help. The game actually was a bit fun which is the most important part out of the gate so good job there.

Big thing I would do is have different areas. Perhaps have levels complete-able, so you finish that main zone, battle team rocket at the end, and then the level is complete. Have a moment perhaps to visit and upgrade screen, shop, or poke center at this point. Then enter into the next area, making Gym Leaders similar to bosses in zones. This should make the game feel more structured and less like endless grinding of the qwer buttons.

Also perhaps have very powerful moves do cooler things and have longer cool down, could make the game more fun. I was also thinking the catching Pokemon system should be different but for this type of play it might actually be best how it is. Like a fun item drops. I would keep it.

Lastly why is it right click to move, isn't left click a more natural motion for people?

Anyway keep it up and would love to see some updates!

CHeers

I am making a game called Rock Tycoon. This is my signature.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: desktop, shooter, 2d, action, rpg