2 replies to this topic

#1 Tyro

Tyro

GMC Member

• 17 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 27 February 2016 - 04:24 AM

Hello!

I've been working on this game for a while and wanted to go ahead and link it on the GameMaker Studio forums.

Game Name: Blink the Bulb

Category: Action, Platformer

File Size: 16 MB

GM Version: GM:Studio

Multiplayer: no

Download Link for Demo: Blink the Bulb Playable Demo

(as mentioned on the game's Greenlight page, the full version will eventually be posted for free if the game isn't greenlit. If greenlit, I plan on adding some additional features though.)

If you'd like to comment, criticize, or vote for the game on Steam Greenlight, here's the link:

Blink the Bulb on Steam Greenlight

Game Description:

Blink the Bulb is a 16-bit platform game styled after Genesis-era classics with added pseudo-random content for replayability. The game spans six holiday-themed worlds and features:

* massive, open levels to explore

* a day/night cycle that occurs between levels, altering enemy behaviors, minibosses, stage gimmicks, and obtainable items

* 20 different "passive" items to collect, with percent chance or cooldown-based effects such as: spawning zombies, increasing invincibility frame duration, creating a protective barrier of thorns, and preventing fatal damage

* 10 different "active" items that can be used at will, including a fire-spewing candle and a shooting star dash attack

Screenshots (see more and some gameplay videos on the Steam Greenlight page):

2US4Lo.png

ZIDFur.png

Enjoy!

Edited by Tyro, 27 February 2016 - 06:02 AM.

#2 Paul Levasseur

Paul Levasseur

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 60 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 05:30 AM

This looks really cool, I think I'll give it a whirl!

#3 Funkey

Funkey

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 30 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 10:57 PM

Maybe it's just because the screenshots are large on this 4:3 monitor I'm rocking, but it looks like a game that would give me a headache if I played it for any length of time. Not saying it looks bad, just a bit to colour-intense for me. Definitely trying this but in windowed if possible.

I'm up for a chat if you want to bounce any ideas about anything game related. Feel free to add me.

Big Smoke: Same things make us laugh, make us cry.