GMC Member

• Banned Users
  • 81 posts
  • Version:GM8.1

Posted 16 February 2016 - 01:51 PM

8SyDA29.png
giphy.gif

Download: http://www.mediafire...ult-1.0.0.5.exe
(Windows EXE, Does not alter computer resolution or screen settings.)

Reviews: "I loved the amount of options on the menu, and the difficulties. That alone was cool. But the rail shooting was absolutely perfect. It felt like I was in a 90's arcade. From everything to the "Wait" flashing, to the "Action" and the "insert coins" for lives made the expirience authentic. The guy diving in from off screen was pretty cool too, I laughed when I saw it. The 3D rendering was pretty good, seemed to be matrix rendered" - Paulo Mazzon

"Holy crap man this game is sweet! How much time did you put into this? I really like the first level, the roof model is cool. The backstory made me roflcopter

I also really enjoyed the music, you didn't compose those tracks during the week did you!? - klong

Edited by RoundCircleandSphere314628, 18 February 2016 - 12:34 AM.

"The fall of Luminiferous aether marked the fall of rational civilization." 

J8RZAKE.pngFirst place winner of best gameplay/most fun game of Psuedo 3D Game Jam

Also winner of highest speed/performance of Psuedo 3D Game Jam

Star Crisis - http://gmc.yoyogames...opic=691331&hl=

#2 Suspense

Suspense

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 175 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 18 February 2016 - 12:18 AM

The sound doesn't work for me.

In the prologue, I'm not a huge fan of being told that "You are feeling tense." The intro is written in second person, so it fits, but it just doesn't feel right. Mostly personal taste. I'm not a fan of second person narrative.

The mouse isn't locked into the window which makes me click out of the game on occasion. 

The level art clips quite a bit

I wish you could see your shot being fired and where it goes. It makes it a bit difficult sometimes when the action picks up pace.

Overall, I can't really say much about how fun it is because there isn't any sound. It kind of reminds me of the arcade games I played as a kid which I'm assuming is what you were going for.

#3 RoundCircleandSphere314628

RoundCircleandSphere314628

GMC Member

• Banned Users
  • 81 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 12:25 AM

Hmm, I used GM Studio NewAudio System (not the default sound) so that must be the problem. Are you having problems with other Gmstudio games (it could be due to a buffer overrun caused by Asio4all.)

The story was a joke and uninspired, and it kind of sucks. My writing skills are hit or miss.

i thought about adding special fx to show where your shot goes, but I thought it would be too much a rip off of TimeCrisis, and it would make the game look out of place (because all the shots would have uniform depth.) But I was seriously considering it, I was very close to adding shot placement fx but I decided it would make the game look too high quality and conflict with the overall low quality graphics of the game. It would also interfere with the dark 'grit' of the game, since in real life bullets don't have flashy impact effects and are generally weak looking faint sparks or invisible when you shoot them.

The level art clips because there are no d3d calls and I had to program the 3d render myself (contest rules.)

If the mouse clips out the window you should set it to fullscreen.

Edited by RoundCircleandSphere314628, 18 February 2016 - 12:32 AM.

J8RZAKE.pngFirst place winner of best gameplay/most fun game of Psuedo 3D Game Jam

#4 Suspense

Suspense

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 175 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 18 February 2016 - 12:50 AM

Setting to fullscreen helped. I was just saying it was annoying if it wasn't in fullscreen.

I've never had a problem with audio with any other GM game

#5 RoundCircleandSphere314628

RoundCircleandSphere314628

GMC Member

• Banned Users
  • 81 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 01:11 AM

Setting to fullscreen helped. I was just saying it was annoying if it wasn't in fullscreen.

I've never had a problem with audio with any other GM game

Try restarting your computer. This uses GM Newaudio, nothing fancy was done out of the ordinary to the audio. If it doesnt work after a reboot you might have to give a bugreport to the YYG Staff.

if it doesnt work after a reboot, try running a game you made in studio that uses newaudio and see if it works.

Edited by RoundCircleandSphere314628, 18 February 2016 - 01:13 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: arcade, action, retro, shooter, 3d