iMilchshake

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 135 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 12 February 2016 - 07:44 PM

ad2e5cf943724799dd60d3970d49be19.jpg

Download:

Download Space-Battle V1.5 (.exe bad) You cant use this one as a Screensaver!

Download Space-Battle V1.5 (.scr Screensaver!)

Hello guys!

I'm introducing you my SpaceWars Screensaver!

This is a small project where 4 ki-controlled factions fight each other.  Have a look at the Screenshots(May be outdated) or Videos.  Feel free to get the .exe for testing, if you like it you can get the .scr file and set it as the default screensaver. (Tutorial below)

I would love to get some feedback! :)  Peace!

Screenshots:

Spoiler

Videos:

Update History:

Spoiler

Download All Versions:

How to Install the Screensaver:

Download the 1.5 Screensaver File. unzip the .rar file and save your folder somewhere on your pc.

rightclick the .scr and click "install". Then it will launch the screensaver the first time, you can cancle it by moving your mouse or pressing any key on your keyboard. Then Go into your Screensaver Settings and check if "SpaceBattle 1" or something similar is selected as your Screensaver. If yes, you are ready to go!

-Tobi!

Edited by iMilchshake, 24 February 2016 - 09:40 PM.
Format errors

#2 littlejoe

littlejoe

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 143 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 10:40 PM

This looks pretty neat. There were a couple times when the ships would just go around in circles at the edge of the screen when all the enemy ships were gone.

How do you plan on making it go on infinitely? Will you just clear away the screen and restart everything? I think it would look cool if the game would spawn like 10 or 15 reinforcement ships into the game whenever the ship count for each faction got too low.

And if you can optimize the code in order to fit a lot more ships on the screen, do it. Massive space battles with 300 or 400 on each team would be awesome! (or maybe 3 or 4 different factions with 100 ships each.)

TGBTG

"It didn't end at the Roman Colosseum, Christians still die." Voice of the Martyrs
My blog:
http://angelwirestudio.blogspot.com/

My Twitter

Partly Pop Can
Volcosis

#3 iMilchshake

iMilchshake

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 135 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 01:13 PM

@littlejoe

Of yeah, i still need to fix that bug :´D..

One idea of me was to let random events happen to make it infinitely.. 

For example let some reinforcements or 1-2 factions join the fight. So like everytime a faction is close to death, some new ships will enter the battlefield.. whether reinforcements or other factions. 

That would add some kind of variety to the "game", woulnt it?

-Tobi

Edited by iMilchshake, 24 February 2016 - 04:12 PM.

#4 chance

chance

GMC Member

• Global Moderators
  • 8762 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 10:30 PM

Since this is near completion, I've moved it back here to Beta, as you requested.