Photo

"Eye Am Searching": Finished my second game!

windows platformer 2d action retro

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Kyuruko

Kyuruko

GMC Member

• 5 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 05 February 2016 - 08:30 PM

Eye Am Searching

123662-ugukkqpt.jpg

Action Platformer with Metroidvania elements

File Size: 9mb

Made with Game Maker Studio

Howath lost one eye two years ago. It mutated, got aggressive and flew!
Help Howath on his short adventure through 19 levels: Find his eye and stop it before it destroys more lives!

Using your weapons makes them stronger and lets them gain enough power to stop his eye!

Download on GameJolt

http://gamejolt.com/...earching/123662

Feedback or a rating on GameJolt is appreciated! :)

Twitter: https://twitter.com/Kyuranx

ZNAeYnI.png

zFtAV7t.png

MnhefRE.png

Edited by Kyuruko, 07 February 2016 - 10:28 AM.

#2 dape

dape

GMC Member

• 13 posts
  • Version:GM:HTML5

Posted 06 February 2016 - 01:00 AM

Awesome art and the eye idea is pretty cool !

#3 ClassyGoat

ClassyGoat

Goatee Connoisseur

• GMC Member
  • 498 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 02:29 AM

Great game!!!! I only played until World 1-5 though, the part where there are too many spike pits, I got frustrated and quit. I'm not really a fan of platformers to begin with though. If I have to repeat part of a level over and over and over again, I'm out.

Here's some constructive feedback...

~ First, here's what I really liked about the game:

1. The style and graphics were very nice. Very visually pleasing graphics. The use mulitple layers of parallax scrolling was perfect. The screen shake effects were great too.

2. Sound effects and music were all very fitting and felt good in the game.

3. Your tutorial was presented in a nice easy to understand way that flowed along nicely.

~ And here's a few things I would change if I was you:
1. The controls felt natural and intuitive, except I found myself trying to press "W" to jump multiple times. Since "A" and "D" are used to walk, it really felt like "W" should make the player jump. I'd recommend having it so you can EITHER press Space or "W" to jump! Have them both! And you don't even need to change your tutorial, just leave it as is.

2. The dust effect when you jump is just too high resolution. As is, it looks out of place along side all the blocky retro style graphics you have. I think having a dust effect when you jump definitely does add to the game, but please just make it more blocky! You could almost even use your graphic for when a bullet hits the ground, just make it a little smaller maybe.

Overall, from what I saw, the game seemed pretty great! Keep up the good work!

7757C.png sharkhugs_banner.png

#4 Kyuruko

Kyuruko

GMC Member

• 5 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 09:43 AM

Thanks for the feedback dape and ClassyGoat! :)

I updated the game: Jumping with "W" is now possible, also tweaked the jump particles and I made the levels easier.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: windows, platformer, 2d, action, retro