#1 Slasher_X

Slasher_X

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 127 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 21 January 2016 - 05:42 PM

Hi guys,

So I've been developing for a few years now but have only recently managed to climb my way out of the "go big or go home" hole when it came to solo projects. Anyway, I have a small Android game that I'd like to distribute to the popular app stores of the world as a feeler into the market place and have noticed that the Amazon App Store has a fancy Live App Testing Feature. I've set up my game for testing, have added a few testers, including myself, and these testers have received an invitation email (after many hours of waiting I might add).

Now here's where it all goes tits-up: The email seems pretty straight forward as it asks the user to choose a marketplace (amazon.com, amazon.co.uk, etc), but only a few of the stores actually direct the user to my test app's store page. Some of them just plainly direct the user to Amazon's home page... Anyway, for those that did direct correctly, over the last couple hours it would say that the game was available via Amazon's Underground App. So that meant downloading that app first, after which that app did, well, nothing... Going back to my game's store page and clicking where appropriate again to access it would now always open this Amazon Underground App and do nothing but display the home screen of it.

So I decided to just wait as I've read it can take some time for things to become available to testers which is strange if one thinks about it as Amazon invited testers to the party way before it had started. Well, now those marketplaces that actually linked to my test app store say my app is not available due to geographical restrictions...

This seems like a process that is just made overly complicating (sigh). 

Has anyone here used this Live App Testing and if so, what might I be doing wrong?

Thanks for the help chaps.

Join me as we take on the world of indie gaming! - SlasherXGAMES -

youtube_zps2ccdb175.png element-earth-logo_zpsrmudywrn.png

#2 Slasher_X

Slasher_X

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 127 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 21 March 2016 - 03:56 PM

Just an update:

This process just takes time. I suggest all those interested rather wait a couple hours before adding testers. This is just to give your app time to appear in the store. Otherwise, it works and I've received great feedback from my testers.

Join me as we take on the world of indie gaming! - SlasherXGAMES -

youtube_zps2ccdb175.png element-earth-logo_zpsrmudywrn.png