119 replies to this topic

#51 Smarty

Smarty

GMC Member

• GMC Elder
  • 7522 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 30 January 2016 - 11:22 PM

I'm not sure I agree with that. It really depends on if the runner is programmed to be booted from appropriately. Now, I highly doubt that it is programmed in such a way, which is why I asked.

Forget it. You'll find out that Mike developed this to work with one certain Raspberry Pi Linux distro, and maybe it is supported by more.

What you can probably do though is strip one of those distros to its bare necessities and make it boot straight into the game.

Have you forgotten the days when you put a game's floppy disk in a computer and the computer booted into the game? No OS required. :P

Do you mean the times when the OS was loaded from the disk before booting the game, or the time that the OS was read from the ROM banks before booting the game?

#52 karlos

karlos

GMC Member

• Banned Users
  • 401 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 12:37 AM

Have you forgotten the days when you put a game's floppy disk in a computer and the computer booted into the game? No OS required. :P

They most certainly did have an operating system on them.

#53 Mike.Dailly

Mike.Dailly

Evil YoYo Games Employee

• Administrators
  • 5277 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 08:29 AM

The Pi version uses the JESSIE image. Although certainly possible to do, It won't boot directly into a game. This closes off too many potential users. Kids for example won't make a dedicated SD card for a single game - just like you wouldn't for the PC. But you can easily tell the Linux to boot up and run your game directly...

#54 hippyman

hippyman

Dirty Stinky Hippy

• GMC Member
  • 837 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 12:49 PM

I'm all for it but I have a feeling that if it goes through, the export will literally cost more than the PI itself.

badge.png?dl=0

HM Audio Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/hm-audio

#55 BenRK

BenRK

Now in high-definition!

• GMC Member
  • 855 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 01:46 PM

I think you guys weren't quite getting what I meant. In this particular case, the runner it self would be considered the OS. I get that it wont happen, making the runner it self vastly more complicated, handling drivers, and so on. Was merely curious because it would allow for more of the Raspberry Pi's resources to be dedicated to the game it self.

Do you mean the times when the OS was loaded from the disk before booting the game, or the time that the OS was read from the ROM banks before booting the game?

They most certainly did have an operating system on them.

If you mean disks had an operating system, sure, if you insist, but it wasn't something like Windows or even DOS back then. It was designed for the game and only the game. Heck, this is how older consoles worked!

https://en.wikipedia.../wiki/PC_booter

#56 NakedPaulToast

NakedPaulToast

GM Studio/Mac/Win

• GMC Member
  • 8808 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 04:28 PM

I think you guys weren't quite getting what I meant. In this particular case, the runner it self would be considered the OS. I get that it wont happen, making the runner it self vastly more complicated, handling drivers, and so on. Was merely curious because it would allow for more of the Raspberry Pi's resources to be dedicated to the game it self.

Which is unrealistic and virtually impossible in today's modern computing. 

If the Bible truly is inspired by God, you would think that somebody as omnipotent and all-knowing would have known to get his message out using TCP instead of UDP.

#57 BenRK

BenRK

Now in high-definition!

• GMC Member
  • 855 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 04:59 PM

Which is unrealistic and virtually impossible in today's modern computing.

On your modern desktop, sure. I'm talking specifically about the Pi, which has only a small handful of models, only a few hardware configurations to take into account.

#58 NakedPaulToast

NakedPaulToast

GM Studio/Mac/Win

• GMC Member
  • 8808 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 05:41 PM

So YYGs is going to have to write:

• The TCP/IP networking stack
  • All the lowlevel I/O for file access (for the various cards and USB devices)
  • The open GL libraries

These are but three of the services, of probably dozens more that we know Studio uses.

You are looking at the role of the O/S as purely an interface between the app and a huge number of hardware configurations. And that's certainly one of it's roles. But another role of the OS is to allow programmers to create code for hardware where they have no expertise in. In today's modern computing, programmers just do not have the devierse expertise to code for all of the above mentioned and a lot more hardware.

Now let's momentarily that YYGs could hire a few people that did have the expertise. For your original premise to be true, a better performing environment. Then they would have to supply code that performed better than the existing code supplied by the OS and API's.

Like I said, unrealistic.

If the Bible truly is inspired by God, you would think that somebody as omnipotent and all-knowing would have known to get his message out using TCP instead of UDP.

#59 Debels

Debels

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 3029 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 06:13 PM

The Pi version uses the JESSIE image. Although certainly possible to do, It won't boot directly into a game. This closes off too many potential users. Kids for example won't make a dedicated SD card for a single game - just like you wouldn't for the PC. But you can easily tell the Linux to boot up and run your game directly...

That's awesome, JESSIE is the current OS on my raspberry pi ^_^

"Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime."

(Chinese axiom)

#60 BenRK

BenRK

Now in high-definition!

• GMC Member
  • 855 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 06:33 PM

So YYGs is going to have to write:

• The TCP/IP networking stack
  • All the lowlevel I/O for file access (for the various cards and USB devices)
  • The open GL libraries

These are but three of the services, of probably dozens more that we know Studio uses.

You are looking at the role of the O/S as purely an interface between the app and a huge number of hardware configurations. And that's certainly one of it's roles. But another role of the OS is to allow programmers to create code for hardware where they have no expertise in. In today's modern computing, programmers just do not have the devierse expertise to code for all of the above mentioned and a lot more hardware.

Now let's momentarily that YYGs could hire a few people that did have the expertise. For your original premise to be true, a better performing environment. Then they would have to supply code that performed better than the existing code supplied by the OS and API's.

Like I said, unrealistic.

You really aren't listening. I LONG ago said that I doubt it would happen. I asked a yes or no question, to which you guys went on and on about how it was unrealistic and how no such thing ever existed in the first place. All I wanted was Mike to say either it can or can't do it (which he did answer), and I either go "cool" or "didn't think so" depending on what he said. It's especially annoying because I agree with you guys but you keep going on about this stuff I already knew or figured out on my own.

I am simply excited to see if the runner ever makes a public release, no need to get on my case about that.

#61 DoubleParallax

DoubleParallax

TriZerox

• GMC Member
  • 465 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 07:08 PM

The more export modes the better! Having the Raspberry Pi available as an export would probably push me to getting one.

#62 jackhigh24

jackhigh24

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1346 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 11:14 PM

that seem pretty good using jessie, if we wanted to distribute ready made games on small sd cards we could provide jessie with it and state what ever game pads we support making it almost like a a game cartridge, im sure there would be lots of buyers as most just mess a bit with there pies then chuck them in the draw as they dont have games to play and are not that good at making them.  

#63 Debels

Debels

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 3029 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 05:27 AM

Well, I'm going to start buying pieces for a small arcade like thingy, if it's not done I'll start sending pictures of it to YoYo.

If I don't hear back from YoYo (or if it isn't released yet) I'll send a small 3D printed version of it

If after that it fails I'll invite myself to YoYo tower and make a gigantic version of it for the lobby :D

and of course what would pictures/3D printed/gigantic versions of it be without a message written on them :]

"Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime."

(Chinese axiom)

#64 Ultimate Omicron

Ultimate Omicron

• GMC:Member
  • 949 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 11:22 PM

I will legit get a pi if this happens.

Currently I don't have any reason to get one but this would be a game-changer.

#65 fishmonster

fishmonster

GMC Member

• 2 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 03:11 PM

YES

I don't have a pi yet but I will definitely get one if the export module comes out!!!

what are the results so far?

(I'm really excited that you are actually doing this!!)

Edited by fishmonster, 04 February 2016 - 03:12 PM.

#66 karlös

karlös

GMC Member

• Banned Users
  • 5 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 05 February 2016 - 03:39 AM

Can you please vote in this poll, and re-tweet if you can (no matter what your vote). I need as many opinions as possible. Many thanks.

https://twitter.com/...829541658284033

Can you please vote in this poll, and re-tweet if you can (no matter what your vote). I need as many opinions as possible left us know when this will be a thing? Many thanks.

Not a duplicate account. This is the only account I have now - therefore it is singular.

#67 SoulTie

SoulTie

Visionary

• GMC Member
  • 152 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 04:04 AM

I would love this!
Jesus loves you!

#68 trg601

trg601

Member of the GMC

• GMC Member
  • 629 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 04:17 PM

The poll looks like we didn't win...

Does this mean no raspberry pi export?

(Or maybe, it's just released as an experimental export)

Because of the forum being archived, the above post is probably pretty old and may not reflect my current opinion.
If you want to find some of my games go to: Mutantbrain

#69 Luigi003

Luigi003

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 55 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 04:22 PM

The poll looks like we didn't win...

Does this mean no raspberry pi export?

(Or maybe, it's just released as an experimental export)

Votes.... 1490 votes in total. 63% YES, 37% No.

Regards~

#70 fishmonster

fishmonster

GMC Member

• 2 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 04:53 PM

that was a week ago!

#71 MrJackSparrow2

MrJackSparrow2

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 632 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 08:01 PM

I hate to be that guy, and a Pi export could be cool one day, but how about you stop wasting time? The Pi market is comparatively small to your current exports. Why not allocate all of your resources to getting the next version of GM:S out and finalizing (read: fixing issues of) the current version? The next version of GM and the current version are huge enough projects, so it seems illogical to add another thing to you never-ending mountain of things to do. I just don't feel that the current exports are all at a stable enough place to consider throwing a new one into the mix.

#72 Ultimate Omicron

Ultimate Omicron

• 949 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 08:10 PM

I hate to be that guy, and a Pi export could be cool one day, but how about you stop wasting time? The Pi market is comparatively small to your current exports. Why not allocate all of your resources to getting the next version of GM:S out and finalizing (read: fixing issues of) the current version? The next version of GM and the current version are huge enough projects, so it seems illogical to add another thing to you never-ending mountain of things to do. I just don't feel that the current exports are all at a stable enough place to consider throwing a new one into the mix.

if you had been reading the thread you'd know he's been doing it in his spare time

#73 MrJackSparrow2

MrJackSparrow2

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 632 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 08:18 PM

if you had been reading the thread you'd know he's been doing it in his spare time

I did read that. I also assume that if/when it becomes official it'll no longer be Mike's side project, it'll be part of the entire Yoyo team's responsibility to upkeep.

Edit: I see how my first post can come off a bit hostile. As a side-project, it's not a waste of time and it's cool. However when it becomes official it just adds another burden which can slow progressive development of GM:S as a whole. To me an even slower progression and longer bugfix time isn't worth the extra export.

Edited by MrJackSparrow2, 08 February 2016 - 08:31 PM.

#74 Ultimate Omicron

Ultimate Omicron

• 949 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 09:16 PM

I did read that. I also assume that if/when it becomes official it'll no longer be Mike's side project, it'll be part of the entire Yoyo team's responsibility to upkeep.

Edit: I see how my first post can come off a bit hostile. As a side-project, it's not a waste of time and it's cool. However when it becomes official it just adds another burden which can slow progressive development of GM:S as a whole. To me an even slower progression and longer bugfix time isn't worth the extra export.

The educational value of game maker as a learning tool will be greatly improved by this export module nonetheless, bringing in more visibility and with it customers.

Moreover, the pi export is probably maintained similarly to the android module since both are running on ARM-built linux distros.

#75 MrJackSparrow2

MrJackSparrow2

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 632 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 02:51 PM

Snip

The educational value of game maker as a learning tool will be greatly improved by this export module nonetheless, bringing in more visibility and with it customers.

Moreover, the pi export is probably maintained similarly to the android module since both are running on ARM-built linux distros.

That's a great point I hadn't considered. Education and hobby projects make it a great idea (for the right price as mentioned by somebody above). Nonetheless, another export means more upkeep for a small team.

#76 trg601

trg601

Member of the GMC

• GMC Member
  • 629 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 04:50 PM

This is totally off-topic, so remove this post if need be.

Since valentines day is coming up and this topic is about adding a Raspberry Pi export to GMS, I thought I would share this card I got from my parents when I was twelve, on valentines day :)

20160210.jpg

Because of the forum being archived, the above post is probably pretty old and may not reflect my current opinion.
If you want to find some of my games go to: Mutantbrain

#77 Karurosu

Karurosu

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 382 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 09:29 AM

I wonder if wouldnt be easier to make an Wii U export based on the html 5 export

If you´re reading this, it´s because I´m already dead. So if you want to communicate with my afterlife me,  send an email to: carlosmlg109@gmail.com -Available for hire, programmer and pixel artist-

#78 Luigi003

Luigi003

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 55 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 11:10 AM

I wonder if wouldnt be easier to make an Wii U export based on the html 5 export

Why should a Internet-based interpreted language such as HTML5 work in native way in the Wii U?

Regards~

#79 Karurosu

Karurosu

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 382 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 11:19 AM

Why should a Internet-based interpreted language such as HTML5 work in native way in the Wii U?
Regards~

Wii u uses a html framework, so the html export can be adapted to wii u (thats how HearthMachine is doing it)

Edited by Karurosu, 12 February 2016 - 07:06 PM.

If you´re reading this, it´s because I´m already dead. So if you want to communicate with my afterlife me,  send an email to: carlosmlg109@gmail.com -Available for hire, programmer and pixel artist-

#80 bluedevil9981

bluedevil9981

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 61 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 02:17 PM

It would be difficult no doubt, but might bring in new people as well as entertain those already here, myself included. I would love to see this become a thing.

Spoiler

#81 Luigi003

Luigi003

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 55 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 04:23 PM

Regards~

Wii u uses a html framework, so yhe html export van be adapted to wii u (thats how HearthMachine is doing it)

I didn't know that.

In any case, doing a RPi export is not that hard.

You just have to adapt the Android compiler, since RPi is an ARM-Linux platform, just like Android

Regards~

#82 NakedPaulToast

NakedPaulToast

GM Studio/Mac/Win

• GMC Member
  • 8808 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 04:08 PM

There's a new article on YYGs.com:

http://yoyogames.com/pi

Where YYGs have compiled three games for the pi and encouraging pi owners to download them. This suggests YYGs is testing demand and/or embracing and possibly supporting the pi export.

The games are:

• They Need To Be Fed - Jesse Venbrux
  • Super Crate Box - Vlambeer
  • Maldita Castilla - Locomalito

#83 Kahvana166

Kahvana166

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 29 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 13 February 2016 - 06:34 PM

I would love to see this happen (pi export)!.

Which things would be supported and which features wont?

Mike, wish ya luck if you're going to do this :)

- Kahvana166

#84 bluedevil9981

bluedevil9981

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 61 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 07:57 PM

What I expect from this topic:

"Hey Mike, when is the next comic export update?"

"Hey Mike, when is the next export update?" 

Edited by bluedevil9981, 13 February 2016 - 07:57 PM.

#85 jackhigh24

jackhigh24

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1346 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 08:31 PM

any news on if yoyo is going to go ahead with this, i know you have just released some teaser games so that sounds promising but would be nice to know how yoyo or playtech are wanting to go with this, on another note iv recently been approached by a multi million dollar company wanting to turn a couple of my games into dedicated hand held devices, im stoked about that and can imagine game maker games on dedicated handhelds that are not Pi buzzing man.

#86 Karurosu

Karurosu

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 382 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 08:43 PM

any news on if yoyo is going to go ahead with this, i know you have just released some teaser games so that sounds promising but would be nice to know how yoyo or playtech are wanting to go with this, on another note iv recently been approached by a multi million dollar company wanting to turn a couple of my games into dedicated hand held devices, im stoked about that and can imagine game maker games on dedicated handhelds that are not Pi buzzing man.

Seems like Mike is having issues with performance with some games in the rasperry 1.

Edited by Karurosu, 18 February 2016 - 11:27 PM.

#87 jackhigh24

jackhigh24

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1346 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 08:45 PM

i thought he said it was Pi2 and possibly Pi zero

#88 Mike.Dailly

Mike.Dailly

Evil YoYo Games Employee

• Administrators
  • 5277 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 10:16 PM

It runs on all them, but depends on the game and how it was written. Super Crate Box and Maldita Castila run fine on a Pi 1, some games - like Spelunky, struggle due to the way they were written. Rendering wise, they are all the same, it's just CPU processing. 

In theory, if it all goes ahead, we can probably get YYC on there as well, and that would fix a lot of things.

#89 Karurosu

Karurosu

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 382 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 11:25 PM

It runs on all them, but depends on the game and how it was written. Super Crate Box and Maldita Castila run fine on a Pi 1, some games - like Spelunky, struggle due to the way they were written. Rendering wise, they are all the same, it's just CPU processing. 

In theory, if it all goes ahead, we can probably get YYC on there as well, and that would fix a lot of things.

Performance could be improved just by improving the rasperry export? Or its more of a CPU thing?

... and you could also update the c++ standar(to c++ 11) of the runner  so it would run better ::lmao:: !! 

-let me dream

Edited by Karurosu, 19 February 2016 - 12:09 AM.

#90 jackhigh24

jackhigh24

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1346 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 01:11 AM

ok im going to wait for this as iv just turned down that multi billion dollar company after finding out how much i would get from them in the first year, bloody rip offs wanted to produce around 30,000 handheld units and i would only get 10 cent per unit, no wonder there billionaires, il be able to compete with them with my own game maker Pi handhelds and sell mine at half the prices and twice the specs, sounds like this Pi export will run go then on all of them, iv seen the code for spelunky so i know i wont have a problem with my games running on it.

#91 Alpaca

Alpaca

GMC Member

• Banned Users
  • 47 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 03:40 AM

ok im going to wait for this as iv just turned down that multi billion dollar company after finding out how much i would get from them in the first year, bloody rip offs wanted to produce around 30,000 handheld units and i would only get 10 cent per unit, no wonder there billionaires, il be able to compete with them with my own game maker Pi handhelds and sell mine at half the prices and twice the specs, sounds like this Pi export will run go then on all of them, iv seen the code for spelunky so i know i wont have a problem with my games running on it.

Geez, I wouldn't have turned that down.

You have a ready made game and someone wants to hand you $3000 to do no additional work at all? Understandable if you are already making a bucket load of cash from these games.

I personally wouldn't want to make 30000 handheld devices by hand in my garage, I can tell you that right now. That coupled with the fact that you'll need to personally handle all warranty claims etc for years to come. Sounds like you are setting yourself up for a huge amount of work.

#92 jackhigh24

jackhigh24

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1346 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 02:47 PM

yes very true making lots of handhelds would not be to good indeed it would take my time up, but im really aiming for arcade machines with this, il only go down the handheld way if i get others to make them up, but as for turning that offer down i make that much in ads in 6 weeks, plus with this handheld company i would have to take out all online stuff from my games, and that will make them less fun to play, there are other limitations as well, so not really worth it to go with them, if it had been 50c a unit then i would of.

#93 Karurosu

Karurosu

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 382 posts

Posted 20 February 2016 - 04:02 AM

I just realized the weird ting about this...

Mike is doing the Rasperry export with Game Maker Studio 1.x(as seen is his blog)

So why Mike isnt doing it with GMS2? I mean, GMS2 is gonna be out this year(right?), so isnt kinda worthless make the export for gms 1.x??

This could only mean 3 things:

*GMS2 is waaaay far from release

*GMS2 is waaaay different from GMS1, so games form gms cant be ported to GMS2, so since there´re no games in gms2, he is mading it for gms1

*The boring one: the runner isnt that different and Mike trick us with the blog images

Edited by Karurosu, 20 February 2016 - 04:06 AM.

#94 NakedPaulToast

NakedPaulToast

GM Studio/Mac/Win

• GMC Member
  • 8808 posts

Posted 20 February 2016 - 04:10 AM

Mike is doing the Rasperry export with Game Maker Studio 1.x(as seen is his blog)

So why Mike isnt doing it with GMS2? I mean, GMS2 is gonna be out this year(right?), so isnt kinda worthless make the export for gms 1.x??

*GMS2 is waaaay different from GMS1, so games form gms cant be ported to GMS2, so since there´re no games in gms2, he is mading it for gms1

*The boring one: the runner isnt that different and Mike trick us with the blog images

Or it could mean that Mike has been working on the Pi export for Studio 1.x for a while now on his own time and it's ready to display and he would like it released as a export for 1.x.

Kind of like what he's been saying all along.

#95 Karurosu

Karurosu

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 382 posts

Posted 20 February 2016 - 04:12 AM

Or it could mean that Mike has been working on the Pi export for Studio 1.x for a while now on his own time and it's ready to display and he would like it released as a export for 1.x.

Kind of like what he's been saying all along.

Still kinda weird, since Mike has been working on gms2 since late 2013/early 2014

#96 NakedPaulToast

NakedPaulToast

GM Studio/Mac/Win

• GMC Member
  • 8808 posts

Posted 20 February 2016 - 04:22 AM

Still kinda weird, since Mike has been working on gms2 since late 2013/early 2014

No. Mike has not been working on GMS 2 since then. YYGs has which is now dozens of employees.

And it's not weird that the Pi export has been released for the 1.x export. What would be weird is the Pi export be the first publicly released export for and untested 2.0.

Now I suggest you keep your conspiracy theory to yourself.

It is common knowledge by the regulars around here that 2.x discussion is unwelcome. Your speculative discussion on 2.0 based on this pi is wrong and silly and won't be accommodated by the forum staff.

How can you not know this?

#97 Karurosu

Karurosu

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 382 posts

Posted 20 February 2016 - 04:27 AM

No. Mike has not been working on GMS 2 since then. YYGs has which is now dozens of employees.

And it's not weird that the Pi export has been released for the 1.x export. What would be weird is the Pi export be the first publicly released export for and untested 2.0.

Now I suggest you keep your conspiracy theory to yourself.

It is common knowledge by the regulars around here that 2.x discussion is unwelcome. Your speculative discussion on 2.0 based on this pi is wrong and silly and won't be accommodated by the forum staff.

How can you not know this?

mmm but Mike isnt the head of the tech team?, wrv

I was just wondering about if the Rasperry pi was going to be only in gms1

Edited by Karurosu, 20 February 2016 - 04:32 AM.

#98 Mike.Dailly

Mike.Dailly

Evil YoYo Games Employee

• Administrators
  • 5277 posts

Posted 20 February 2016 - 09:18 AM

Guys, we can't comment on this kind of thing.... So there's no point in speculating.

#99 Alpaca

Alpaca

GMC Member

• Banned Users
  • 47 posts

Posted 20 February 2016 - 11:04 AM

Guys, we can't comment on this kind of thing.... So there's no point in speculating.

Forgive me if I am wrong, but didn't you create this topic?

#100 rui.rosario

rui.rosario

Membery Member

• GMC Member
  • 519 posts

Posted 20 February 2016 - 01:00 PM

Forgive me if I am wrong, but didn't you create this topic?

Mike's saying he can't comment on the GM:S 2.0 part of things, since YoYoGames is now a part of PlayTech, they can't speak as openly about coming products as they did before. People should realize it's probably not because they don't want to talk about it (I believe some of the YoYoGames' staff must be thrilled with future products), it's just they can't.

So any speculation regarding GMS 2.0 won't have any comments on YoYo's behalf, so bringing it up is only "bad" (it makes the person that asked feel bad for not having a straight reply and the people that can't reply feel bad for not being able to give it) 

Remember me as the one who can't be remembered