SOUL KNIGHT (NEW TITLE)

Soul Knight 6.1
Video Version 6.1

Huge Update, over 5.2! (3/5/2015)

Soul Knight 6.0
Video Version 6.0

Soul Knight 5.0
Video Version 5.0

Sounds/Music work in game but the new video of 5.0 is missing the sounds. I added the music with a video editor.

Controls:

Left Click = Attack

Right Click = Defend/Block/Chat

W,A,S,D = Move

Download:

http://www.megafileu...Version-5.0.exe

or Game Jolt

http://gamejolt.com/...ai/120194#close

or IndieDB

98019.png

NEWS:

SOUL KNIGHT (NEW TITLE)

Version 5.0 has been released!

Sounds/Music work in game but the new video of 5.0 is missing the sounds. I added the music with a video editor.

This is a major update:

The player now has the ability to block incoming attacks using the Right Mouse Button, holding it down reduces the players walking speed. If you attack while blocking, blocking becomes disabled until you right click again. In some cases if your hit by an enemy, you may not be able to block for a short period of time.

Enemy AI was basically started over from, keeping the things that worked, improved them, and removed a lot of useless coding. The end result changed the gameplay some.

Stages have been added, the soul gatekeepers control the gates.

A new title was introduced.

Im also working on a battle arena mode, where the player is attacked by a wave of enemies entering the arena 1 by 1 increasing in level and ability as they are defeated. Final round, a fully armored boss knight.

OLD RELEASE The Last Knight (PREVIOUSLY)

Spoiler

VERY OLD RELEASES

Spoiler

Edited by Motoatfive, 07 March 2016 - 09:49 AM.

#2 Mailas

Mailas

Send in the Mail

• GMC Member
  • 5900 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 18 January 2016 - 07:19 AM

The graphics look very smooth.

omQasih.jpg

#3 Motoatfive

Motoatfive

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 228 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 07:38 AM

What do you think about the mouse targeting attack game play?

More work to be done, enemies will have more range of motion, once I complete editing the sprites for other directions. 

#4 Motoatfive

Motoatfive

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 228 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 12:57 AM

Demo 2 has been released, with a host of gameplay changes.

http://www.filedropp.../rpgengine-2001

Right click now uses special ability, currently set to default Fire Spin.

#5 gerbjr

gerbjr

GMC Member

• 7 posts
  • Version:GM8.1

Posted 19 January 2016 - 04:44 AM

One thing I noticed is when I attack an enemy, there isn't really much feedback that tells me whether or not I hit them. Some sort of knockback, or flashing yellow when you hit them, something like that? The art all fits together really well, I like the animations when you chop down the cacti(?) and bushes. Excited to see where it goes!

#6 Motoatfive

Motoatfive

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 228 posts

Posted 23 January 2016 - 09:25 AM

One thing I noticed is when I attack an enemy, there isn't really much feedback that tells me whether or not I hit them. Some sort of knockback, or flashing yellow when you hit them, something like that? The art all fits together really well, I like the animations when you chop down the cacti(?) and bushes. Excited to see where it goes!

I have addressed this and a few others,  So much has changed in 2.0 which i'm releasing today!

Edited by Motoatfive, 26 January 2016 - 02:16 AM.

#7 Motoatfive

Motoatfive

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 228 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 02:21 AM

Version 3.0 Released! 1/24/16

Added NPC w/Dialog

Added Text Box System

Added Weather/Fog

Added Enemy Knock-Back System

Added Health/Currency Spawning/Collecting

Improved Enemy AI

Improved Difficultly

Improved Level Design

Download Now!

http://www.filedropp...helastknight-30

OR GAME JOLT DOWNLOAD:

http://gamejolt.com/...arter-ai/120194

Edited by Motoatfive, 25 January 2016 - 02:23 AM.

#8 Motoatfive

Motoatfive

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 228 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 04:25 AM

RELEASED TEST PLAY VERSION 3.5: 1/26/16

download now:

http://ultrashare.ne...g/fl/fefc30ac33

3.5 Released! 1/26/16

Completed Two Map Locations

Added Additional Enemies

Added Enemy Dialog

Added Basic Tutorial NPCS

Added Additional Story NPC

Added New Title Screen and Area 1/Area 2 Music

-Changed: "Right Click" In Range To Talk, Instead Of "Z" Key

"Right Click" to Speak to NPC's in range.

"Left Click" on target to attack. Knight must be in range.

Move Knight with "W,A,S,D."

"R" to Restart Level

#9 FROGANUS

FROGANUS

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 22 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 09:59 PM

Yo! I tried the 3.5 demo. It's a cool system you have going, nice graphics so far.

I like the death system lost soul thing, it'd be cool if this part gets developed maybe do something as ghost, maybe get re-animated?

It is a little strange how your sword blows are delivered through the mouse click I guess?
For instance, if I stand right on Bush A, but aim at Bush B (out of range) I'll swing like I'm cutting down Bush A but it won't die?

I guess the suggestion is to make the slash only happen if you're in range, cuz otherwise it's not a real slash?

Maybe somehow you could make the alternative that if you click something out of range, rather than slash, your player will move towards it?

just a couple thoughts... let's see how it develops!

-FROGANUS

#10 Motoatfive

Motoatfive

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 228 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 06:44 AM

Yo! I tried the 3.5 demo. It's a cool system you have going, nice graphics so far.

I like the death system lost soul thing, it'd be cool if this part gets developed maybe do something as ghost, maybe get re-animated?

It is a little strange how your sword blows are delivered through the mouse click I guess?
For instance, if I stand right on Bush A, but aim at Bush B (out of range) I'll swing like I'm cutting down Bush A but it won't die?

I guess the suggestion is to make the slash only happen if you're in range, cuz otherwise it's not a real slash?

Maybe somehow you could make the alternative that if you click something out of range, rather than slash, your player will move towards it?

just a couple thoughts... let's see how it develops!

The Lost Soul after death, plays a roll in the story line.

In other words: Works in progress, this is a major part in the general game play itself.

Range attacking with mouse, was something new I created from scratch, it needs more work, but its been improving along with the game.

Eventually it will work as it was intended too.

Edited by Motoatfive, 04 February 2016 - 07:19 AM.

#11 strangastudios

strangastudios

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 129 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 02:16 PM

I have downloaded it but haven't tried it yet. Will soon. But from what I can see it looks epic!. Graphics look awesome and game play according to your video looks pretty cool too! Will try soon and give you some proper feedback!

new_sig.jpg

Narvas 13: http://gmc.yoyogames...opic=682557&hl=  <-TRY OUT MY LATEST ALPHA GAME!

#12 RoyalLemonade

RoyalLemonade

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 22 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 04:17 PM

game is rly good but 1 or 2 enemies did stuck in the wall and i couldnt kill them

#13 Motoatfive

Motoatfive

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 228 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 06:59 AM

The Last Knight Version 4.1 Release:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Added Dead Soul Character

Added Player Hit-Back

Added More Dialog

Improved Enemy Hit-Back

Improved Enemy Attack

Improved Map Design

Added Stage 3 of Map

LVL:1 Guard Knight

LVL:1 LVL:2, LVL:3 Knights

LVL:1 Dead Soul

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Defeat all enemies in First and Second area of map to unlock

Area 3 of the map with the Dead Soul Character (Talk to him!) and LVL: 3 Knights.

Download Now!

http://gamejolt.com/...ad/build/297052

or

http://gamejolt.com/...smart-ai/120194

Edited by Motoatfive, 04 February 2016 - 07:49 AM.

#14 strangastudios

strangastudios

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 129 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 08:50 AM

I had a try of the update. Much better now enemies seem to be more responsive and I like the idea of the dead soul character. One suggestion is that maybe implementing some sort of defend system with the right click maybe? (I kept dying after I killed two enemies and had to keep looking for hearts)but maybe I was missing the challenge there? 

But still excellent work I will be waiting for the next update! :)

new_sig.jpg

Narvas 13: http://gmc.yoyogames...opic=682557&hl=  <-TRY OUT MY LATEST ALPHA GAME!

#15 Motoatfive

Motoatfive

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 228 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 01:55 AM

I had a try of the update. Much better now enemies seem to be more responsive and I like the idea of the dead soul character. One suggestion is that maybe implementing some sort of defend system with the right click maybe? (I kept dying after I killed two enemies and had to keep looking for hearts)but maybe I was missing the challenge there? 

Block Incoming Attack with Right Click is already coded but disabled in the Release.

I'm trying to work on the animation sprites, where the player moves his shield forward. :medieval:

Would pay out some cold hard... not cash... but a nice check,  for an animation, just to save the time, I'm better at the :GM070: that makes it work. 

#16 strangastudios

strangastudios

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 129 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 02:07 AM

Block Incoming Attack with Right Click is already coded but disabled in the Release.
I'm trying to work on the animation sprites, where the player moves his shield forward. :medieval:
Would pay out some cold hard... not cash... but a nice check,  for an animation, just to save the time, I'm better at the :GM070: that makes it work.
Ah ok so you have a defend system but not in the release. If you want I can do the animations for you just let me know :)

new_sig.jpg

#17 Motoatfive

Motoatfive

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 228 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 04:25 AM

Ah ok so you have a defend system but not in the release. If you want I can do the animations for you just let me know :)

That would be great, i'm doing pretty bad with the animation. blockdowngif_strip2.png

Edited by Motoatfive, 05 February 2016 - 04:27 AM.

#18 strangastudios

strangastudios

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 129 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 04:45 AM

That would be great, i'm doing pretty bad with the animation. blockdowngif_strip2.png
No problem I just pm'd you :)

new_sig.jpg

#19 Motoatfive

Motoatfive

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 228 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 05:21 AM

Ill be out for a week, getting a new faster pc setup, setting up my office. Ive been working on this project daily since the Version 4.1 release.

-Improved enemies, NPC's, knight playable character, soul playable character.

-Added Guard/Block with "right click" to knight playable character.

-Started Work on the Knights Kingdom City, where the character will be able to shop for skills, weapons and armor.  

-Up next, a boss round.

Hope to get more reviews to read of my current release, when i'm back online.

Edited by Motoatfive, 08 February 2016 - 05:29 AM.

#20 Motoatfive

Motoatfive

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 228 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 12:18 AM

SOUL KNIGHT (NEW TITLE)

Version 5.0 has been released!

This is a major update:

The player now has the ability to block incoming attacks using the Right Mouse Button, holding it down reduces the players walking speed. If you attack while blocking, blocking becomes disabled until you right click again. In some cases if your hit by an enemy, you may not be able to block for a short period of time.

Enemy AI was basically started over, keeping the things that worked, improved them, and removed a lot of useless coding. The end result changed the gameplay some.

Stages have been added, the soul gatekeepers control the gates.

A new title was introduced.

Im also working on a battle arena mode, where the player is attacked by a wave of enemies entering the arena 1 by 1 increasing in level and ability as they are defeated. Final round, a fully armored boss knight.

Edited by Motoatfive, 15 February 2016 - 08:29 AM.

#21 strangastudios

strangastudios

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 129 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 11:01 AM

I tried the newest version 5.0. I must say the new defence system works soo much better now. I dont have to keep finding hearts plus it makes it more challenging with the speed dropping while defending.

Good job :)

new_sig.jpg

#22 Motoatfive

Motoatfive

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 228 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 04:44 AM

Glad you like it!

AI has been overhauled, creating a new Enemy AI engine. A soon to be (out now! link here or sig!) asset for the marketplace and this game.

Features: AI & Player

*Hit-Back.

*Damage.

*Guarding.

*Pushing.

*Standing.

*Walking.

*Watching/Staring.

*Attacking.

*Walk Attacking.

Edited by Motoatfive, 04 March 2016 - 04:20 AM.

#23 FROGANUS

FROGANUS

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 22 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 07:03 PM

Nice improvements! The shield is croosh. Don't know if I'm totally sold yet on the clicking aiming style.. if its going to be essential to gameplay, I'd recommend smoothing it out as much as possible. Would a highlighted cursor help to give the idea that you have to make sure to aim right on them when slashing (ie cursor gets red when you're in the hit zone)?
Also I feel like the slashing animations (especially enemy) could be a little more over-the-top to show what's going on.
Coming along nicely. The arena sounds cool, might be good for testing details of combat.
Keep it up!

-FROGANUS

#24 Motoatfive

Motoatfive

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 228 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 07:11 AM

Nice improvements! The shield is croosh. Don't know if I'm totally sold yet on the clicking aiming style.. if its going to be essential to gameplay, I'd recommend smoothing it out as much as possible. Would a highlighted cursor help to give the idea that you have to make sure to aim right on them when slashing (ie cursor gets red when you're in the hit zone)?
Also I feel like the slashing animations (especially enemy) could be a little more over-the-top to show what's going on.
Coming along nicely. The arena sounds cool, might be good for testing details of combat.
Keep it up!

Thanks for the reply!

I'm torn on my direction right now.

Not sure if I want to go keyboard style or keep the current mouse style attacking/defending.

Any thoughts?

Edited by Motoatfive, 04 March 2016 - 04:22 AM.

#25 Motoatfive

Motoatfive

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 228 posts

Posted 04 March 2016 - 04:17 AM

Im finally settled in with my new PC Setup, got my new monitors, speakers.

Back to creating games! :)

Im going to switch over to keyboard gameplay.

Its in the works! :) Stay Tuned!

#26 Motoatfive

Motoatfive

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 228 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 07:49 AM

Huge Update, over 5.2! (3/5/2015)

Video Version 6.0

#27 strangastudios

strangastudios

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 129 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 06:23 AM

I must say the graphics look awesome! did you do them?

new_sig.jpg

#28 Motoatfive

Motoatfive

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 228 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 07:39 AM

I must say the graphics look awesome! did you do them?

You know I'm terrible at graphics. :hmmm:

This new AI engine, Battle Scenes, Action NPC's, Combat improvements over my last engine.

Its going to be grand-ol-gold.

Edited by Motoatfive, 10 March 2016 - 07:41 AM.

#29 strangastudios

strangastudios

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 129 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 07:53 AM

Hey dont worry about it. This looks great cant wait to try it!! :D

Edited by strangastudios, 10 March 2016 - 07:55 AM.

new_sig.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: desktop, adventure, rpg