14 replies to this topic

#1 Karurosu

Karurosu

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 382 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 17 January 2016 - 03:40 AM

So, I just found an old project, thats was made with gm7, and Im needing a pro version to run the game (since many functions are deactivated in the lite version). I have search everywhere, I have found nothing about...

If you´re reading this, it´s because I´m already dead. So if you want to communicate with my afterlife me,  send an email to: carlosmlg109@gmail.com -Available for hire, programmer and pixel artist-

#2 Lukan Spellweaver

Lukan Spellweaver

Gay Wizard Freak & mcmonkey's plaything

• GMC Member
  • 3704 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 03:42 AM

Try 2008.

Or alternately, loading the project into Studio, since that's free and has no locked functions.

Edited by Lukan Spellweaver, 17 January 2016 - 03:43 AM.

DeEuDARh.pngi1SR21Q.png

Find me on Itch.io | GameJolt | YouTube | Twitter | Facebook | Website | Ask.FM

GMC Google Hangout | I liek monkehs

The GMC, here lies she. Kicked to the curb, with nary a word. She shall live on, though. Remain strong, bros.

Also: MIKE DAILLY TOLD ME TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE

#3 Karurosu

Karurosu

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 382 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 03:44 AM

Try 2008.

Or alternately, loading the project into Studio, since that's free and has no locked functions.

I cant even run the project in GM8, I just have to stick with gm7

If you´re reading this, it´s because I´m already dead. So if you want to communicate with my afterlife me,  send an email to: carlosmlg109@gmail.com -Available for hire, programmer and pixel artist-

#4 RekNepZ

RekNepZ

GMC Historian

• GMC Member
  • 718 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 03:45 AM

What happens if you run it in 8?

AczgxAZ.png

^kept in my sig for historical purposes^

#5 Karurosu

Karurosu

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 382 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 03:48 AM

What happens if you run it in 8?

Some global variables dont work, tried to delete them, but It just make the things worse, also the project has like 30 000 lines of code... so I dont se my selft adapting it to another gm vers

Edited by Karurosu, 17 January 2016 - 03:48 AM.

#6 TsukaYuriko

TsukaYuriko

Remember... and never forget

• Global Moderators
  • 9535 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 07:22 AM

GM7, or for that matter, any version before and including 8.1, are no longer being sold.

From what I can tell, your only option is to fix the problems that occur when loading the project into Studio and running it from there.

yBGBXQa.pngmWOQbeq.png

#7 NakedPaulToast

NakedPaulToast

GM Studio/Mac/Win

• GMC Member
  • 8808 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 03:44 PM

Even if you could find a copy of a GM7 installer, you would not be able to install and register it because it was protected by Softwrap DRM and Softwrap stopped doing business years ago, taking their registration servers offline.

If the Bible truly is inspired by God, you would think that somebody as omnipotent and all-knowing would have known to get his message out using TCP instead of UDP.

#8 Karurosu

Karurosu

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 382 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 11:47 PM

Solved!!

Edited by Karurosu, 18 January 2016 - 11:47 PM.

#9 RekNepZ

RekNepZ

GMC Historian

• GMC Member
  • 718 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 01:03 AM

What did you do? Just for others who may have the same issue.

AczgxAZ.png

#10 Mobi.LeBean

Mobi.LeBean

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 68 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 02:13 AM

Hey, what happened to my comment from yesterday?

The link I provided had the free version, it was in no way an illegal version.

And the other link was to a comment made by Mr. Dailly on here on how to get GM7 working.

I'd like to hear what happened to my comment. I did not know the GMC was censored without notification to users, in particular when the information is not connected to anything illegal.  If I missed anything, please let me know so I will not repeat it, please and thank you :-)

Edited by Mobi.LeBean, 19 January 2016 - 02:27 AM.

#11 RekNepZ

RekNepZ

GMC Historian

• GMC Member
  • 718 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 02:23 AM

The site link you posted may not have been entirely legal.

AczgxAZ.png

#12 Mobi.LeBean

Mobi.LeBean

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 68 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 02:30 AM

If that were the case, why not just excise that link and leave the rest up. There was other relevant information in my comment.

EDIT: I just re-read through the page and fail to see what the issue is.  The page has the free version of GM7. What am I missing?

The site link you posted may not have been entirely legal.

Edited by Mobi.LeBean, 19 January 2016 - 02:33 AM.

#13 chance

chance

GMC Member

• Global Moderators
  • 8762 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 02:44 AM

The link I provided had the free version, it was in no way an illegal version.

I don't know who removed your comment.   But they probably did it out of caution.  Not necessarily because you broke any rules.

The concern is that non-supported versions of GM on third-party websites can be dangerous, and may contain malware... or worse.   Either way, YYG isn't responsible for versions on other websites, and they don't support them.   So naturally, they don't want those links on their forum. 

No harm done.  But it's best not to post non-YYG links to GM versions.

#14 Mobi.LeBean

Mobi.LeBean

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 68 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 03:22 AM

Cheers chance, that makes sense.  Still, I would have liked a PM telling me of this action, or just a quick removal of the link from my comment. I've worked as a forum mod elsewhere and a quick edit is more helpful than a full on deletion. Besides, we're talking about a few seconds, and with the slew of mods on here the load is well spread out.

[...]

No harm done.  But it's best not to post non-YYG links to GM versions.

#15 Mike.Dailly

Mike.Dailly

Evil YoYo Games Employee

• Administrators
  • 5277 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 11:24 AM

I removed it. It had lots of outdated info on Studio free, which is a pet hate. Everyone keeps telling me the free version of Studio is terrible because it's limited - as that page was saying, but it's not. And I don't want anyone being pointed to any page that has misleading information on it.

I'm also not a fan of anyone hosting old versions of GameMaker, free or not it's our product and they actually have no inherent right to host it.