• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 cmtrain

cmtrain

GMC Member

• 11 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 13 January 2016 - 08:37 PM

Welcome to the Radout game page. Radout is a game I been working on for a couple of months now. It’s a top down shooter in the vein of nuclear throne, with a typical RPG fantasy meets nuclear apocalypse theme. The game right now is in a mid-alpha state with most of the game play mechanics in a prototype phase.

So right now I am looking for people to play the prototype (down below), and give me feedback on their experience. I am mostly looking for feedback on controls, and game-play, but any information you can give will be helpful.   :) 

Some Screen Shots of the prototype.

ESnVQGF.png

ytAWz5M.png

Links to the prototype

http://www.mediafire...v0kj/Radout.zip(A compressed zip file)

http://www.mediafire...sf0x/Radout.exe(A .exe file)

Controls

WASD or arrow keys to move;

Left Mouse Button to attack

Right Mouse Button for special ability

E to switch weapons

Space Bar to restart the room.

Plans for the game .

-Three Boss battles

- More than one level/room (thinking between 10 and 15)

- giving characters animations and more detailed sprites

-15 enemy types

- 20 weapon types (10 melee 10 range)

-Two or three level tiles

These may change later down the road.

I hope you enjoy the prototype, and I can't wait to read your feedback. :sorcerer: 

Update(2/5/16)------

Rooms are bigger (less hallways)

Stop fireballs going through walls

New sprite for wizard

Screen shake when hit

Updated the link to the new prototype.

Update(2/13/16)-----

Lighting System

Chest with random weapons

Screen shake when using melee weapons

Arrow keys for movment

Change the Knight's shield so they can't move when being used

Edited by cmtrain, 12 March 2016 - 11:46 PM.

#2 cmtrain

cmtrain

GMC Member

• 11 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 03:27 PM

I am really new to forums, so I have no idea how to add images to my post without having them link to a different website, if anyone knows how can do this, can you please send me a message.

#3 Dengar

Dengar

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 343 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 08:36 AM

upload a .exe instead of a zip and ill definatly try it.

for the pictures use a diferent site than mediafire, they don't let you link the pictures like you want. I use imgur and it works good and free

YT3dHKv.png

Tiny_Adventure_Sim_K

http://gmc.yoyogames...opic=687285&hl=

explore caves, sail the seas, run from ufo's. yea it's like that.

#4 cmtrain

cmtrain

GMC Member

• 11 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 11:03 PM

Alright I put the .exe and I will check out imgur. Thanks :)

#5 Dengar

Dengar

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 343 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 11:14 PM

played it and realy enjoyed it. tho I kept dying realy realy fast so please do something about that.

other than that, I like the look and feel of it. and everything I tried worked well.

as a side note, I always prefer the arrow keys over the wasd keys, so maybe have the option for both? other than that the controls work good.

YT3dHKv.png

Tiny_Adventure_Sim_K

http://gmc.yoyogames...opic=687285&hl=

explore caves, sail the seas, run from ufo's. yea it's like that.

#6 cmtrain

cmtrain

GMC Member

• 11 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 11:42 PM

That's great to hear. I have some ideas on how to fix the death rate hopefully they work as well as they do in my head and I'll put in the option to use the arrow keys too.

Thanks for the feedback. :sorcerer:

#7 cmtrain

cmtrain

GMC Member

• 11 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 11:04 PM

Update( 2/23/16)

hi everyone there has been a couple changes since the last update and they are.

-added a health bar and ammo counter.

-added a ammo/health chest.

-added a health cap (10 hearts)

-added a mana pool (doesn't work yet.)

-change attacking speed for the ai

Next update should include more than one level and some other fixes.

#8 RangerX

RangerX

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 3429 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 07:16 AM

Hello, I tried your game today and I think its a good start. Depending how much you want to push it in "pro" territories ;). I think you can achieve some good feeling dungeon crawler in there. 

What I'd like to see improved: 

- There's no v-sync in the version right now. I think tearing is really annoying, I suggest you turn it on. 

- I felt the heros weren't much different. I know it might just be a graphic thing for now though. But the attack is and feels the same. Not a super fan of the "sliding" on the ground like in many indie rogue-likes either. It makes me feel "cheap" as it "didn't bother create a walking animation" style. 

- The range for the normal attack is small. I would even see the wizard throwing stuff long distance. I hope the knight will actually swing his sword instead of showing directions with it. 

- Right now the screen shake when I kill or hit a mob. That's awesome. But when me myself is hit, I feel nothing :(

- I noticed that your camera doesn't round its position causing it to place itself sometimes at a fraction like, per example, "x380.2346743" instead of x380. This causes graphical deformation and it doesn't look nice. I am also not a fan of the light spot around the player. At least if it wouldn't "shake" it would have been better in my point of view. I know it might be some candle/torch effect but I would like to see a torch or a candle in that case.

Anyhow, I will keep an eye on your project. I think you have something there. I am curious to see how it will develops :)

----------------------------------------- Always need testers! -------------------------------------------------------

The Life Ruby (Metroidvania platformer / Skills platformer)

(alpha section)

http://gmc.yoyogames...opic=658670&hl=

#9 cmtrain

cmtrain

GMC Member

• 11 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 05:25 PM

Thank you for trying my game, you brought up a lot of good points that I didn't even think about. I will definitely look into  v-sync I had no idea tearing was even a problem. Also the sliding of the characters that you mention is just a temporally thing at the moment and will not be in the final version.

Thanks again, and hope to hear more from you. :)  

#10 omar_almighty

omar_almighty

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 55 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 05:50 PM

Really cool idea. I know it's still very early in development, but, little things like screen shake and sounds might make it feel more solid.

I like how you can choose what to upgrade after you level up. I also have a top down shooter type game if you'd like to check it out. Maybe you can get some

ideas from it! :)

Keep up the good work!

sprite370.png

Try out my alpha here! >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>http://gmc.yoyogames...10#entry4904774

Check it out on Game Jolt!>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>http://gamejolt.com/...pancakes/120634

Check out a FREE older project on the Play Store >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> https://play.google....ghostpoke&hl=en

Follow me on Twitter :) https://twitter.com/omar_almighty

#11 cmtrain

cmtrain

GMC Member

• 11 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 12:09 AM

Its great to hear that you like it. :) I plan on adding sound later in development but I might add some place holders for the time being. 

When I get a chance I will  give your game a try, which will probably be really soon :) .

Thank you for trying my game, and I hope to hear more from you. :sorcerer:

#12 cmtrain

cmtrain

GMC Member

• 11 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 11:39 PM

update (3/12/16)

Hello its been a while since I last updated the page, I have been really busy with school and the common cold which is always fun  :P  but anyway here is what has been added / change.

-fixed the bug  that when the player is too close to the wall they can't shoot.

-turned on v-sync

-added another level which opens once all the enemies are destroyed in the first level.

Rangerx I also tried rounding the camera position as you mention, it work but I found that it cause the camera to keep jerking into different directions that after a short period of time started to give me a headache so I removed it for now.

For the next update I plan on changing up the wizard class and adding some new weapons.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: desktop, tds