#601 Loaf

Loaf

Just loafing around

• GMC:Member
  • 2164 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 27 January 2016 - 11:22 PM

- Point B: The fact.

There is no fact since we clearly have a division of opinion here. You should expect YoYo to apologize, it's the professional thing to do. If there is this much complaining over a trivial date setback, imagine what would happen if someone from YoYo wasted time being defiant. That'd give you something real to moan about.

:duck:

#602 chance

chance

GMC Member

• Global Moderators
  • 8762 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 11:45 PM

- Point B: The fact.

There is no fact since we clearly have a division of opinion here. You should expect YoYo to apologize, it's the professional thing to do. If there is this much complaining over a trivial date setback, imagine what would happen if someone from YoYo wasted time being defiant. That'd give you something real to moan about.

I agree.   And YoYo Games has apologized.  Twice, at least.   Shaun is their representative here on the GMC.  And he's been very honest about the mistakes they've made.  Any further complaining about this just makes us all look petty. 

Surely, there's something more interesting to discuss at this point.

#603 Rusty

Rusty

The Rustic One

• GMC Member
  • 4048 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 11:57 PM

There is no fact since we clearly have a division of opinion here.

I'm sorry, I entirely forgot how facts work. I completely forgot that I can disagree with whatever information I am presented with and have it become an opinion.

I disagree that YoYoGames is a company, I say that it is a lampshade. Because we do not agree, YoYoGames being a company is no longer a fact. In fact, (irony), if we can all agree that YoYoGames is a lampshade, then it becomes a fact. Because that's how facts apparently work now.

You are now redefining what a fact is in an effort to defend YoYoGames from a minor fault that they have already admitted to and apologized for (apparently twice). You can probably imagine why that is both a pointless and an insane argument to put forward.

Edit:
I'm not even complaining about YYG anymore, at all. They're good. Once again, I have to point out that I'm complaining about this kind of blind defence of YYG. Even most Beilebers fall short of trying to redefine what a fact is in order to defend their messiah.

Edited by Rusty, 28 January 2016 - 12:11 AM.

tumblr_ngbm3tNUVy1thlk7do1_75sq.png

Professor Kayge says: "Play Project Jin! I'm sure it's been released by whatever year you're reading this in!"

#604 Tirous

Tirous

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 640 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 01:13 AM

why cant yoyo start of 'GMC upgrade FAQ' thread? a place that they post FAQ's relating to what has been asked up till now, as well as allowing people to post questions that will be answered in a more moderated environment as to not pollute the topic, this one can be a public chat thread in which people can be serious or silly, with the other being a place devoted to the details of such a thing

just my two cents of course, regardless =)

Edited by Tirous, 28 January 2016 - 01:14 AM.

#605 galladhan

galladhan

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 64 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 02:00 AM

YoYo Games made a mistake -> fact 

YoYo Games is unprofessional -> opinion

Ok, i stop it here. :X

#606 chance

chance

GMC Member

• Global Moderators
  • 8762 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 02:45 AM

why cant yoyo start of 'GMC upgrade FAQ' thread?  a place that they post FAQ's relating to what has been asked up till now... (snip)

In other words, a new topic that summarizes this topic?  Like a Reader's Digest condensed version?

Yeah... we need that.  <_<

Edited by chance, 28 January 2016 - 12:13 PM.
Some off-topic silliness below this post was removed, and saved for the day it can be used to humiliate the authors.

#607 Rusty

Rusty

The Rustic One

• GMC Member
  • 4048 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 08:57 AM

wait, is this topic about the GMC upgrade?

Nah, even the mods got bored of talking about the upgrade.

Any further complaining about this just makes us all look petty. 

Surely, there's something more interesting to discuss at this point.

Besides, seeing how YYG has not yet released any real information about what we are being upgraded to, there isn't much to really discuss regarding the upgrade. Just wild speculation and wish lists.

Edited by chance, 28 January 2016 - 12:12 PM.
Some off-topic silliness above this post was removed, and saved for the day it can be used to humiliate the authors.

tumblr_ngbm3tNUVy1thlk7do1_75sq.png

Professor Kayge says: "Play Project Jin! I'm sure it's been released by whatever year you're reading this in!"

#608 Luigi003

Luigi003

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 55 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 12:26 PM

YoYo Games made a mistake -> fact 

YoYo Games is unprofessional -> opinion

Ok, i stop it here. :X

I think that is a good way to summarize.

I'm pretty happy with YYG too, they did a mistake, that's all. All of we make tons of mistakes. There isn't too much drama about it

Well, I'm waiting to see the new Community forums :P

Regards~

#609 ShaunS

ShaunS

Community Manager

• YoYo Games Staff
  • 215 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 12:34 PM

I think there's a lot of arguing here that's just focused around people's stances, differences of opinion and semantics and not really much about the forum upgrade itself any more. I feel like most questions have been answered as well as they can be at this stage and therefore it's left people with not much to do other than speculate and argue. I'm going to close this topic for now and probably put up a new one when I have more information to share. If anyone has questions about the update I'm available in a billion places from twitter (@shaunspalding) to email (shaun.spalding@yoyogames.com) to PMs on this board and so on. 

I really don't like closing topics in general, but I don't feel like there's much of importance that needs to be contributed here right now.

Again, I apologize for the sloppiness with how the schedule and plan has been presented from our end, but despite these frustrations I am still super excited about this upgrade. Xenforo has heaps of potential and lets us do so many things better. I'm confident you'll agree when you see it all in action =)

Stay tuned!

-S

Edited by ShaunS, 28 January 2016 - 12:35 PM.

Community Manager for YoYo Games. Sometimes known to make video games. Streams nonsense at twitch.tv/shaunjsTweets nonsense at @shaunspalding.

-S