Hello, fellow GMCers! It's that time of year again!
What time, you ask?
~ GMC Secret Santa 2015 time! ~
❄ THE GIFTS HAVE ARRIVED! ❄
"GMC Secret Santa" is an event carried out each year where each participant makes a gift for so-called "secret pal". Then, at December 23rd all gifts are published for all participants to unwrap! Note, however, that the identity of your Santa will remain hidden - it's secret Santa after all.
Feel free to check the last discussion topic for reference!
How do I sign up?
Sign ups are closed now.
Making the gift
After you have your secret pal assigned, you must make your Secret Santa present and PM it to me before 22nd December, 23:59 GMT. Don't publish it here or PM it to your secret pal; it's supposed to be secret. Do take into account your pal's preferences, but try to be discreet - e.g. if you want to check your pal's posts, it's good to log out beforehand so that you won't show up in recent visitors. Hopefully it goes without saying that the gift must not be mean spirited, offensive or even breaking GMC rules. Additionally, the gift must not be financial (Steam keys, program licences etc.).
Examples of what you could make:
- a new avatar
- banners or promo images for their games
- music or sound effects for their WIP
- "Let's Play" videos of their games
- short video games about them
- a holiday video message
- desktop wallpapers etc.
If at some point you find that you can't make the gift after all (due to lack of time or random circumstances), please PM me about it as soon as possible, and at least 5 days before deadline! That way I'll have time to assign your secret pal to someone else.
At December 23rd I'll gather all the gifts and publish them for your viewing pleasure (except for those that can't be published, for one reason or another). You're free to share your joy in this topic, comment on whichever gifts others posted here or try to guess your Santa.
In a nutshell
- to sign up, write a post here before 6th December, 23:59 GMT
- you can state your preferences in the sign-up post, but please don't be too specific!
- after sign-up is closed, your secret pal name will be PM'd to you; you will have over two weeks to make the gift (until 22nd December, 23:59 GMT)
- once you make the gift, PM it to me; don't send it to your secret pal or post here, it's supposed to be secret!
- all gifts should be virtual, unless you want the expense of air-mailing a teddy bear to your secret pal
- also, when making the gift, try to think what your pal would want; the gift shouldn't be rude, offensive etc. (nobody wants to see a picture of you nude with just a Christmas cake covering your genitals)
- finally, no financial gifts (Steam keys, program licenses etc.)!
- if you can't make your gift, please PM me as soon as possible and at least 5 days before deadline, so that I can assign your secret pal to someone else
- at 23rd December all gifts will be published here to unwrap (except for those that can't be shown here); you might try to guess your Santa if you want
- aamatniekss (post; no avatar/sig/wallpaper)
- Alice (post; no avatar/sig/wallpaper)
- BlessHayGaming (post)
- Camper125Lv (post; no avatar/sig)
- chance (post)
- Detective Pixel (post)
- Forester (post; no avatar)
- FlyRat (post)
- Gian (post)
- GameDevDan (post; no preference)
- GameGoblin (post; better not avatar)
- HayManMarc (post; a silly game, or anything, but not avatar)
- hippyman (post; no preference)
- kepons (post)
- Lawsome (post)
- Lukan Spellweaver (post; no avatar, no Homestead art)
- makerofthegames (post)
- Misu (post)
- mr magnus (post)
- nethrium (post; no avatar)
- Ninety (post; no Windows executables)
- nvrogers (post; no avatars)
- Otyugra (post; preferably fan-art, no sig)
PenguinPingo (post; no avatar/sig/wallpaper)
- Revamped (post)
- roytheshort (post)
- Sammi3 (post; pixel art trees)
- Sezri (post)
- Snail_Man (post; no avatar)
- speedchuck (post; no preference)
- Surgeon_ (post; artistic, but no wallpaper)
- TDSrock (post; no avatar/sig)
- TheUltimate (post; no avatar/wallpaper)
- trg601 (post)
- Xor (post; no preference)
- Yal (post)
Top picture, signature banner and introductory video made by HayManMarc; thanks a lot!
"Island of Misfit Fonts" font can be found here
Edited by Alice, 23 December 2015 - 01:39 AM.