1212 replies to this topic

#1201 Alice

Alice

Toolmaker of Bucuresti

• GMC Member
  • 1392 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 11 February 2016 - 06:25 PM

Ah, yes, I also think that UNI vs SHARK was kinda underrated, but that's probably because the help screen only flashes for a moment, and it's easy to miss some really important information. Heck, I myself was initially put off by it, until I actually watched the help screen properly and spread the focus far enough to see where the sharks are. ^^'

(but as you can see in my video, I've managed to make quite an army in the end ;) )

LShy6C6.png

#1202 ghandpivot

ghandpivot

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 126 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 06:41 PM

I don't mean to offend anyone, but I was actually pretty surprised that UNI vs SHARK got as a low a score as it did, I thought it was great.

I just realized there was suppose to be a shark in that game, never found it. I only thought it was some kind of cool concept thingy :P

4th place with "I do remember".

4th place with "God's Laboratory"

6th place with "Charlie's Spiritual Adventure"

jnjwP4M.png

#1203 Alice

Alice

Toolmaker of Bucuresti

• GMC Member
  • 1392 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 07:51 PM

Yeah, the help lacks one crucial information, without which the gameplay is pretty much impossible - you can scroll up/down mouse to zoom out/in the view. With knowing that, the shark bases are rather easy to find.

LShy6C6.png

#1204 mr magnus

mr magnus

Viking King

• GMC Member
  • 3739 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 07:57 PM

I personally just didn't find the game to be all that entertaining, even with the help screen. The concept was fantastic, but personally I just ended up either:

a ) going to a shark den only to be shredded by incoming lasers from a distance because they noticed me too early:
or
b ) waiting for a bit doing nothing as my army grew exponentially and then just overwhelming any potential force.

it lacked a bit of engagement in my opinion. I didn't really derive much enjoyment from the very limited gameplay it had and it didn't last with well enough for me to go "I think this game was better than <x>" for most games. It had potential but I felt it lacked from a clear polish and engagement; aside from not allowing players to read the help screen for long enough.

#1205 ghandpivot

ghandpivot

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 126 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 05:58 PM

I've uploaded the fixed version of the game here:

https://drive.google...776229118530401

The only fix is pretty much that you can no longer skip half the game by going out on the right side in the cult room, other stuff is left untouched as I want to keep the game the way it was for the jam.

For those of you who never played the game again and missed the ramped up difficulty, here's a video of me playing it on 5x Difficulty. Abusing the "broken" boss throwing patter is pretty much the only way to go once you've come this far up the difficulty scale!

Enjoy the ridiculous cluster of projectiles and thanks for playing :)

jnjwP4M.png

#1206 jimthegreat1012

jimthegreat1012

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 36 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 10:13 PM

^I'm loving that meat monster in combination with that music, hahah!

#1207 ghandpivot

ghandpivot

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 126 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 10:32 PM

^I'm loving that meat monster in combination with that music, hahah!

Thanks, the music is made by WaterFlame, he's pretty much a musical god.

jnjwP4M.png

#1208 TerraFriedSheep

TerraFriedSheep

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 3273 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 09:52 AM

Congratulations everyone!! Looks like the results reflect what I've been seeing in the voting topic, so well deserved everyone, good work :)

It's great we managed to see the entire Jam out on the GMC, now we can look forward to #22 and see what new things the new forums will bring. Thanks to dadio and everyone in the past who has organised the Jams :)

And finally, the reason Chasing Night may have been difficult for many could well be down to the lack of time I had into the level design... Here's an image of all 9 levels fully revealed... :P

2GFPesp.png

#1209 ParodyKnaveBob

ParodyKnaveBob

theUndiscovered

• GMC Member
  • 1609 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 04:05 AM

(to TerraFriedSheep)

Sometimes, ya just wanna up-rep a post twice.
theUndiscovered ~ Brandon W. Horton ~ ParodyKnaveBob ~ $:^ J

#1210 kiesenverseist

kiesenverseist

GMC Member

• 11 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 10:39 AM

Well I'm surprised i got as high as i did, with my general lack of experience and it being my first jam and all. The reason the instructions were so badly made is that i had completley forgotten about the instructions till the last part so I hurriedly added them in. Sorry about that... 

Also i couldn't be on as much as i wanted to because here my school year just started so I have been kinda busy.

#1211 RekNepZ

RekNepZ

GMC Historian

• GMC Member
  • 718 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 05:27 PM

I'm starting to doubt that the next jam will be on the new forum...

AczgxAZ.png

^kept in my sig for historical purposes^

#1212 dadio

dadio

Potato King

• YoYo Games Staff
  • 2740 posts

Posted 20 March 2016 - 10:16 AM

Have faith.  :ph34r: 

PS: Could those people still waiting for various physical prizes from me be sure to pester/PM me again when the new forums go up.

Had a lot going on last few months & haven't gotten around to posting that stuff just yet.

AczgxAZ.png5aj9t5.jpg

#1213 11clock

11clock

Mech. Game Designer

• GMC Member
  • 2735 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 02:12 PM

Hey guys, my former Jam #18 entry ByteStack has received a complete makeover and is now on Steam Greenlight! Please help me get this game on Steam!

http://steamcommunit...s/?id=648798463

qNDVrhl.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: gmcjam, chat