EMERGENCY SIGNATURE UPDATE!

AczgxAZ.png

THEMES:

DAY AND NIGHT OR SACRIFICE

HANDICAP : THE GAME MUST UTILIZE HUMOR AS PART OF THE GAMEPLAY OR STORYLINE

HYPE OBJECT : GIFTS

--------------------------------------------

The Jam results are out!
(sorry for making you wait till Wednesday, early time-zoners :whistling:)

First things first: it's been decided that people won't, in fact, be disqualified over not voting. It turned out there would be more mess than it's worth, with readjusting the rankings, dropping some best-of winner and whatnot. Admittedly, there has been better reviews quality than the last time, but that might be caused by generous rewards pool for Best Reviewer, maybe (or fewer games, or people just feeling like reviewing)? If you waited for opportunity to say "Told ya!", now might be the time. ^^'
(hope those who voted specifically not to be disqualified won't be mad?)
With that said, now for the actual results...

Top 3:
jk6E5qj.png

KQoxeFv.pngIsh1bah.png

Best ofs:
z3GY4bj.pngv3Cm6Dy.png

CBnWzF3.png

iPmXxGJ.png

zmEryZr.png

1VhGP8X.png

audZipQ.png

c19IExe.png

i1SR21Q.png
(honourable mention goes to Slavelings for the devlog, too)

cJyRpLC.png
(honourable mention goes to Misu, too)

Complete pack of medals and banners for every single participant: LINK
(in a variety of sizes, too!)

And because some people really got into the reviewing, they got medals as well! ::lmao::
(check the "Reviewers" directory for details; if you said at least a few sentences about most games, reviewed games particularly thoroughly and/or presented the reviews in particularly entertaining or unusual way, there should be medal for you, too!)

Full results (in text):

• KABOOM by Venomous
  • There Was a Slugmen Rebellion by aamatniekss
  • Dungeon Party by Revamped
  • One Killer Vacation by TehPilot
  • Slavelings by Nallebeorn
  • CLOWN around the CLOCK by Yal
  • The Adventure of Dying by ghandpivot
  • KnightCycle by Lindion45
  • Tomb: Raider by The M
  • 6500 Ft. by nvrogers
  • Dan's Narcissistic Adventure in Jam Land by GameDevDan
  • Nocturnis Gressus by Alphish Games
  • Metal Slug, Literally by kepons
  • Daze by trg601 & moon489
  • Rough Tides by DocNogloff
  • Meat Quest by Otyugra
  • Aztec Sacrificial Joke-Off by mr magnus
  • Chasing Night by TerraFriedSheep
  • Noctia the Night Witch by Floofpaws
  • Guardian of Tomorrow by Team SpeedHayWeaver
  • Donut Factory by RekNepZ & Snail_Man
  • Crab Islands by Xor
  • Atom Danmaku by Mocgames998
  • Day Deer Night Deer by Forester & Ninety
  • Mr Pilgrim by shadow gamer & Coldmage3
  • Ninja Fight: Mega Super Ultimate Edition 2016 by Goinbatty
  • The wereaxolotl and the day cycle freeze by brainstorm
  • The Temple Of Lives by Nexusrex
  • Bazombie by turpeluren
  • A King's Atonement by MadeByJawns
  • dadiomadememakethisgame by Teroil
  • Lay Off The Limbs by Sezri
  • LilDudes by hippyman
  • Neverending Nightmare by LordDestroyer
  • UNI vs SHARK by kiesenverseist
  • Clewninck Darkness by Misu & Leafen
  • Kill the Clowns by ericbomb988878 & ZiggyZero
  • Maze of the Moon by Mercerenies
  • Hurry Fastly! by AimkidProductions
  • KLIK DA KLOWN! by dadio
  • super reimu extreem DELUX by Floofpaws
Best ofs:
Best use of DAY AND NIGHT: Nocturnis Gressus by Alphish Games, Rough Tides by DocNogloff
Best use of SACRIFICE: Slavelings by Nallebeorn
Best use of Handicap: Dan's Narcissistic Adventure in Jam Land by GameDevDan
Best use of Gift: Tomb: Raider by The M

Best Presentation: KABOOM by Venomous
Best Concept: Dungeon Party by Revamped
Best Story: Daze by trg601 & moon489
Best Devlog: Guardian of Tomorrow by Team SpeedHayWeaver (honourable mention: Slavelings by Nallebeorn)

Best Reviews: nvrogers, for really thorough and helpful feedback he provided for each game
Honourable mention: Misu, for a very neat presentation
There are medals for other voters as well! Maybe you, too?

Great Jam everyone, see you again on the GMC: Next~!

It's time to jam with other members of the community, prove your game-making skills, play some awesome games, & give & receive constructive feedback!
This fine event will run from Friday 15thof January through Sunday 17th - for a grand total of 72 hours.
For you newcomers out there, here's some handy info to get you on your way...

WHAT IS IT?

The Jam is a community event that we organise to encourage people to experiment with GM and make something that will be interesting or entertaining within a set 72 hour time period.

WHAT ISN'T IT?
The Jam is not an official YoYo Games Ltd competition, it is run by the community for the community.

WHEN IS IT?

Competition officially starts on Friday 15th (but theme voting will take place over 24 hours on Thursday). The contest is 72 hours long from...
00:00 UK time Friday 15th to 23:59 UK time Sunday 17th.

THEME & HANDICAP

• Each jam has a theme, and participants are very much encouraged to use it
  • This jam has a handicap too and you are also encouraged to use it
  • Using the theme is NOT obligatory, nor is using the handicap, but using either will be valued when voting and using BOTH gets extra Kudos!
  • To encourage use of theme, the highest-voted theme-based game gets to choose the theme pool for next Jam.
  • The theme will be voted on, from a pool of 3, 24 hours before the start of the Jam.

HYPE OBJECT

• The hype object is revealed when the Jam topic is opened and entrants are encouraged to create funny pics around it to hype the Jam up.
  • The hype object can *optionally* be included in some way in your Jam entry - but *should not* count towards scoring/voting on the games.

VOTING

• All games are eligible (themed and non-themed and with or without handicap), but voters should take "use of theme" into account. Remember: non-theme games can win, but they cannot pick the next Jam's pool of 3 themes (see above).
  • Voters rank all games, ultimately choosing 1st, 2nd and 3rd place as well as new special categories: Best use of Restrictions, Best Presentation, Best Devlog.
  • It is obligatory that when voting you leave feedback about why you voted for the game(s) you chose, even if it's only a few lines to say you loved the game idea or whatever. Failure to do so may result in your votes being removed.
  • In order to encourage friendly community spirit, we ask that members not vote for their own game and please refrain from asking friends/family to do so if they are not part of this community. This has happened before and if you are found out your game may be removed from the Jam.
  • Any form of cheating will result in the instant removal of your game from the jam and being blacklisted for all further community events.

PARTICIPATING

• All games must be original creations specifically for the Jam, but you may use whatever resources you wish to complete the game: eg. dll, scripts, sprites and sounds etc etc etc...
  • You may submit as many games as you wish, but only the highest rated game in the final vote will be eligible for winning any prizes.
  • Games must be posted in the Official Games Topic before the finish deadline for the Jam, and posting a topic in the Games (or WIP) forum here at the GMC is recommended if you want feedback and opinions as the Games Topic is only for posting games. Hosting is up to the individual user. You may also include and update a development log in your official games topic post.
  • The Official Games Topic must contain a link to your game and a short description.
  • HTML5 Games are permitted, but must have direct link to downloadable .exe version posted in the Official Games Topic.
  • People are welcome to use any outside sites, and are also welcome to promote such sites, but the posting of topics and the voting will be done on the GMC.
  • Teams are encouraged and can be organised by you with whomever you wish or you can participate in a random team (see below for more details)

GMC JAM 21 - New Additional Rules

• No "Installers". (it's just too messy & inconvenient for people)
  • You *must* include a proper link to your game. (not just a GameJolt/Itch.io link)
  • You must have a post count of at least 10 for your votes to count. (Please introduce yourself & join in on the GMC Jam discussion topic)
  • You must still be active on the forums after the Jam ends for your votes to count. (No voting for a friend & then never again being involved in the community).
  • 1st Place gets to choose *3* Possible Themes. (These 3 are kept secret as usual. But then in the last 24 hours before Jam starts, we all *vote* on our favorite from these 3 & the one with the most votes becomes the Theme.)
  • Starting time will be precise. (Most people didn't appreciate that Jam 20 started unexpectedly early).
  • Deadline time will be precise. (Anyone who submits via PM, after the deadline, will be placed in a separate folder of shame - "Late Entries" in the Jam zip, making their entry less likely to be played & more likely to be judged harshly - so *get your entry in on time*)
  • Teams will be restricted to a maximum of *3* persons. (Some teams were *very* large in Jam 20. Large team sizes are reducing the total game entry count too much. A maximum of 3 lets each person shine more).
  • Voting period will be 2 weeks. (As it was for most Jams. 3 weeks just hasn't worked as intended, for *most* people it just meant more procrastination before rushing to review & vote in the final few days. And it badly effects the "hype" of the Jam (the longer it takes for results, the less people care).
  • Tone will be more serious. (Many people were put off by the random, annoying way I revealed the Theme. That won't happen again. Jam Logo & presentation will be more serious, in an attempt to draw in more people & raise the standard of the Jam. I won't push local memes that could alienate new people - too many people were wondering what my face had to do with anything in Jam 20 for example). We'll still keep it "fun" - just not crazy, random "fun".
  • If you want to place, you must vote. (Votes for your entry will be removed from the result tally, unless you yourself have cast at least your top 3 votes).
  • In the case of teams, just 1 member of the team is required to cast their vote. (So teams are not at a disadvantage).
  • Vote tallying system will be 1/vote +m.
  • You are strongly encouraged to review & vote for as many games as you can within the given timeframe.
  • "Best Reviewer" & "Best Devblog" will be chosen after voting ends, by a team of 3 Mods.

PRIZES
GMC PRIZES

• Top three places - All get bragging rights (obviously), a banner, and entry into the hall of fame topic.
  • 1st Place - Gets to choose the next pool of 3 themes, as long as their game fit the theme this time around
  • 2nd Place - Gets to choose the next handicap, as long as their game used the handicap this time around
  • 3rd Place - Gets to choose the hype object for the next jam

Prizes will also be offered as members of the community contribute whatever the feel appropriate. eg: Coverage on their web site, custom graphics for the game, a video of the gameplay for YouTube...anything!

COMMUNITY PRIZE LIST

These are prizes kindly and very generously offered to us by GMC members. Donate your time/experience/whatever to this community endeavour! If you wish to add a community prize (game reviews, advertising etc...) please send a PM to me and I will add it to this post.

Please do not post your community prize in this topic as we may not see it!

Try not to let all of the prizes dominate 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place.

You may choose who gets your prize including: competitors, reviewers, winners of specific categories, or even the best development log!

JAM 20 PRIZE LIST

dadio is offering:

• Best Reviewer will get a YoYoGames yoyo, a YoYoGames mug, & £20 worth of Steam games of their choice.
  • 1st place will get X & £5 worth of Steam games of their choice.
  • 2nd place will get x & a Steam game.
  • 3rd place will get x.
  • All entries will get early access to my "top secret" new game & full commercial rights to all my fonts released to date.

Yal is offering:
All entries/valid entrants gets a platformer tileset, size 16x16 pixelart, with at least 4x4 tiles of a biome/theme of their choice. (Full commercial rights!)

1st place and best reviewer gets a copy of all resource packs I've released on Itch.io as of 2015-01-20, all in all 6 different ones.

2nd to 5th place gets a copy of my Chiptune Pack #2 with almost 60 chiptunes in it.

Diptoman is offering:

(One of) the following games on Steam: Overlord, Stealth Bastard Deluxe, Tulpa, Asphyxia - to 1st/2nd/3rd/best reviewer. They will pick a game in order 1st - 2nd - 3rd - best reviewer.

aamatniekss is offering:

Best Reviewer - Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - Square Enix, Steam key, Murdered: Soul Suspect - Steam Key, Magicka - Steam Key, Contagion - Steam Key, There Was A Caveman - Steam key

Top 5 - There Was a Caveman key for each, if you didn't get it in previous jam.

Venomous is offering:
The following Steam games:

Planetary Annihilation
Xenonauts
Gone Home
Sir, You Are Being Hunted
Q.U.B.E.: Director's Cut
Skullgirls

For 1st through 6th places, which 1st place getting first pick, and so on down the line.

shadow gamer is offering:

6th place will get a full review of their game in video format on my channel.

Revamped is offering:

I'm having so much fun playing the games so I want to add some more prizes if it's possible. :D

• All entries will get all the sound assets created for my game. (Dungeon Party)
  • Even entries will get a pack with some unused songs I've made.
  • Odd entries will get a pack with all the sound effects I've made.

Full rights to use in commercial projects of everything of course.

LOOKING FOR A TEAM
If you are looking for a team mate or wish to be part of a random team, PM me to add your name below:

Mob_Mauler (beginner level programmer) is looking for a team!

PenguinPingo would like to be on a team!

Sammi3 is looking for a team!

SUPPORT BANNERS

EMERGENCY SIGNATURE UPDATE!

AczgxAZ.png

X4noaIv.png

Please add a support banner to your forum signature to support Jam awareness!

Use the hashtag #GMCJam21 to generate interest on Twitter!

Edited by dadio, 10 February 2016 - 11:59 AM.

AczgxAZ.png5aj9t5.jpg

#2 dadio

dadio

Potato King

• YoYo Games Staff
  • 2740 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 05 January 2016 - 10:51 AM

BO BO BO BOM!

Da Jam #21 topic is now *open!*

Stay tuned for letter reveals! :)

AczgxAZ.png5aj9t5.jpg

#3 Nexusrex

Nexusrex

WRYYYY!

• GMC Member
  • 637 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 11:21 AM

YAY I'm interested!!! Maybe i could enter..No exams and i won't travel that time!! (Also, it seems that i'm a first..XD)

#4 Lukan Spellweaver

Lukan Spellweaver

Gay Wizard Freak & mcmonkey's plaything

• GMC Member
  • 3704 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 12:05 PM

All in as usual, but the new rules seem... Uh... Well, I guess we'll see, but I don't like change...
Is this PlayTech? Did they yell at you? FIGHT THE MAN DADIO! DON'T CONFORM!

Screw the change, you're offering me fonts to follow the new rules.

Edited by Lukan Spellweaver, 05 January 2016 - 12:14 PM.

DeEuDARh.pngi1SR21Q.png

Find me on Itch.io | GameJolt | YouTube | Twitter | Facebook | Website | Ask.FM

GMC Google Hangout | I liek monkehs

The GMC, here lies she. Kicked to the curb, with nary a word. She shall live on, though. Remain strong, bros.

Also: MIKE DAILLY TOLD ME TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE

#5 Sammi3

Sammi3

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 246 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 12:14 PM

Just before I fly to the UK for university. Great :)

#6 Hiznopellagio

Hiznopellagio

Carpe Noctem

• GMC Member
  • 860 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 12:34 PM

First!

Posting for the hyyype~

xgzQT2A.png

#7 Nexusrex

Nexusrex

WRYYYY!

• GMC Member
  • 637 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 12:35 PM

Hiz, How you are da first?!?!?!?! (HYPE-WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY~!)

#8 Misu

Misu

Awesometasticness!

• GMC Member
  • 691 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 01:16 PM

HYPE HYPE HYPE!!!

#9 aamatniekss

aamatniekss

The Caveman

• GMC Member
  • 486 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 02:35 PM

Oh, I like the new rules! :) 

Im probably in, as Im free that weekend!

There was a Caveman - Out on Steam!     Bacon Rebellion - Greenlit on Steam!
           ThiYB99.gif                                 1ZHNWVC.gif
                                                  Twitter - @Namatnieks

#10 RekNepZ

RekNepZ

GMC Historian

• GMC Member
  • 718 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 03:49 PM

My schedule for the jam is, at the moment, completely free! I'm going to really try this time around. I don't like placing in the 40s.

AczgxAZ.png

^kept in my sig for historical purposes^

#11 HayManMarc

HayManMarc

The HayMan

• GMC Member
  • 1776 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 04:02 PM

I'm in, of course.  I hope I can get a decent idea.

sigpic1_gmc_archive.png

sigpic2_gmc_archive.png

#12 mr magnus

mr magnus

Viking King

• GMC Member
  • 3739 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 04:11 PM

LET'S GET THIS HYPE TRAIN GOING!

#13 Squarebit

Squarebit

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 234 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 04:21 PM

The new rules seem good.. if I can spare the time I'll join this one, too. :)

OjJP6YH.png

@sqrbt 

#14 LordDestroyer

LordDestroyer

Cuddlomancer

• GMC Member
  • 247 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 04:24 PM

It was fun last time, I'll do my best to join again :P

#15 chance

chance

GMC Member

• Global Moderators
  • 8762 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 04:49 PM

<video>

More evidence that white people can't dance.  :P

#16 GameDevDan

GameDevDan

RIP current GMC

• Global Moderators
  • 1453 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 05:22 PM

Dadio's new rules of DOOM will be interesting to see unfold. EXCITING.

See you all on the other side.

Back & share :)

#17 Otyugra

Otyugra

Artist & Writer

• GMC Member
  • 618 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 05:37 PM

If you guys can't contain your excitement and love jams as much as I do, I have a proposal for you. I'm hosting a four day challenge this Thursday till the end of Sunday with an interesting theme! The link is in my description and I would appreciate it if you gave it a consideration. Think of it as my GIFT to you. (see what I did there?)

That aside, I don't think I'll be able to partake in making a game for this jam; I'm excited nevertheless!

r7sNbRa.png  (Nitemare38 = Otyugra)

Two and a half years of game development taught me the joy of making something unique and unconventional. It is not good enough to make a game fun when there are way too many other freeware games that make fun their selling point.

#18 Mercerenies

Mercerenies

Koopa King

• GMC Member
  • 1945 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 08:12 PM

It's that time, that time again. Hello, everybody.
iPqfGiP.png

#19 Nexusrex

Nexusrex

WRYYYY!

• GMC Member
  • 637 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 09:56 PM

Little questions..What is the post count?
Also, the game will have to be in the completed projects?
Also, as it's going to be my first real jam..What are your recommendations for preparing? Like..what to read about? And those things.

#20 Sirham

Sirham

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 217 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 09:56 PM

Glad I saw and read the new rules. I can't wait :D

AczgxAZ.png

#21 Misu

Misu

Awesometasticness!

• GMC Member
  • 691 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 10:13 PM

Question: Can I still use dropbox as a file host for my submission?

#22 mr magnus

mr magnus

Viking King

• GMC Member
  • 3739 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 10:43 PM

Little questions..What is the post count?
Also, the game will have to be in the completed projects?
Also, as it's going to be my first real jam..What are your recommendations for preparing? Like..what to read about? And those things.

a ) The post count is the number directly below your avatar; its how many posts you've posted on the GMC (Not including the off-topic forums). You've posted 524 posts, so don't worry about that. 

b ) Nope, it's recommended if you want feedback during the jam, but all you need to do to qualify (apart from voting which is new) is to post a direct link in the games topic (akin to this one from the 20th jam). if we can find it there you're in.

c )

• try to be a bit organised. You'll be doing a lot of coding in what seems to be not quite enough time. If you more or less have a plan it'll be a bit easier. Being prepared and efficient helps
  • Don't overshoot. I've burned myself on trying to do way too much than I realistically can in 3 days. estimate how fast you can develop and don't get dragged down by a feature creep or too ambitious planning
  • Don't have to read about anything, just freshen up on your skills and have a small library of extensions or code snippets you can plug in. If you want to have f.i online highscores it is possible to implement them in under 20 minutes by knowing how GMech or the gameJolt api works. 
  • in general just have fun; that's the main part. We're not a serious competition by any means, We're here to push ourselves to the limit and see what kind of talent really sits here on the GMC and just enjoy the event for what it is. 

#23 Sezri

Sezri

MIA till January 2018

• GMC Member
  • 153 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 11:12 PM

So I really wanna join but I leave on the 20th so I'll miss it by a few days, is there any way to do an early entry type of thingy?

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -- Einstein

A+T+T+I+T+U+D+E = 100 -- Legit, not even some cheesy quote 

I really need a new signature, I'm tired of this one... PM me with ideas!

#24 Teroil

Teroil

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 116 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 11:24 PM

WOOHOO! I've waited so long for this. I will totally participate in this jam and I will promise that my game will rank higher than my previous jam games!

HYPEEEE!!!1!!11!!1

Edited by Teroil, 06 January 2016 - 05:17 PM.

AczgxAZ.png

My YouTube Channel: TeroilGML | Game Maker Tutorials

My Website: Home | Teroil Corporations

My Twitter: @TeroilCorp

Ue6PQn6.png

#25 nvrogers

nvrogers

Grumpy Robot

• GMC Member
  • 562 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 11:27 PM

Oh, man! I have so many ideas! Can't wait... HYPE is REALLLLLLLL!!!!!!1!

I work on games sometimes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello. It seems the forum has been sucked into the abyss. What fun!

#26 HayManMarc

HayManMarc

The HayMan

• GMC Member
  • 1776 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 08:11 AM

cac.png

...and it's all downhill from here.  :)

HYPE!

sigpic1_gmc_archive.png

sigpic2_gmc_archive.png

#27 Nexusrex

Nexusrex

WRYYYY!

• GMC Member
  • 637 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 10:00 AM

@mr magnus..Thanks, just when i finish exams, i will search for code snippets.

Well, what is the difference between UK time and Egyptian time..As i live in Egypt.

Also another noob question..What is the handicap??

(It seems that the hype object is gifts..Awesome!)

#28 GameDevDan

GameDevDan

RIP current GMC

• Global Moderators
  • 1453 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 10:29 AM

Well, what is the difference between UK time and Egyptian time..As i live in Egypt.

Also another noob question..What is the handicap??

Egypt is currently 2 hours ahead of the UK. It is 10:30am where I am, in England, and it should be 12:30pm where you are.

The handicap is a restriction on an element of your game. If you want people to vote for your entry, you should try to follow it, although it's not completely necessary. Past examples include not using any text in the game or using a limited colour palette.

#29 Nexusrex

Nexusrex

WRYYYY!

• GMC Member
  • 637 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 10:52 AM

Thanks Dan!
Then i should start the jam when it's 2am for me..And end when it's 1:59am for me..Good

#30 Nallebeorn

Nallebeorn

Valar Morghulis

• GMC Member
  • 703 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 01:41 PM

Another jam – yay! I'll get to merge my birthday celebration with madly trying to finish my game on Sunday too, so that'll be... fun, I guess?

The new rules look nice, I'm positive it will work out well. Nice to get rid of those installers finally =)

I'm a bit confused about the dates, though – I definitely approve of Fri-Sun instead of Sat-Mon, but then why is the jam on the second last weekend of the month? It would have made sense with the old Sat-Mon way (because 25th is the last Monday of the month), but it's always been as late as possible without overlapping into the next month (or interfering with the YYG BBQ...). There's nothing wrong with this date, but... why? :P

oldGMCsig1.png oldGMCsig2.png oldGMCsig3.png oldGMCsig4.png oldGMCsig5.png

#31 TehPilot

TehPilot

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ

• GMC Member
  • 171 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 06:20 PM

I like the new ruleset. Clean, concise, and sensible.

Hoping to enter more jams this year - only four total over two years is not a frequency I'm proud of, and I intend to fix that.

(and hopefully not wind up dropping out mid-jam due to college workload)

-~✈~-
To infinity, and surround!

#32 Yal

Yal

Even though the GMC may be gone, our love will prevail eternally

• Global Moderators
  • 11774 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 07:43 PM

Knowing that a new Jam is coming up fills me with DETERMINATION!

Okay, given what happened last time (y u no claim ur priz evrywon) and given that I want more practice drawing stuff:

Everyone whose entry isn't disqualified gets a 16x16-pixel platform game tileset, at least 4x4 tiles big, of a biome of their choice.

- The above is my personal opinion and in no way representative of Yoyogames or the GMC, except when explicitly stated -

Open this spoiler for my games:

Spoiler

Some useful game engines, music and other resources at affordable prices:

My collection of game resources at itch.io

New user? Can't draw but want to look unique? You can request a new avatar in this thread!

#33 chance

chance

GMC Member

• Global Moderators
  • 8762 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 09:39 PM

I like the new ruleset. Clean, concise, and sensible.

Oh yeah, especially these gems:

• Starting time will be precise.
  • Deadline time will be precise.
(snip)
  • Tone will be more serious.

We need rules about following the rules?   Be serious.  No really, be serious... it's a rule.  :P

#34 kepons

kepons

The Pear

• GMC Member
  • 999 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 09:58 PM

To be honest, I don't really like the rule of voting to get a place. I understand that it's kind of hypocritical that I don't want to vote while others do it, but some people may simply not have the time to vote. Let's see how this goes, though.

Anyway, I'm aboard the hype train!

This forum has been archived. The content above may differ from my current opinion.

Twitter | GameJolt | Ask.fm
prize_award_4_zpsvm0hohkp.png

#35 Nexusrex

Nexusrex

WRYYYY!

• GMC Member
  • 637 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 10:14 PM

Hype!!!!!!!!

Just wanna know da theme and da handicap..Mah first jam evah!!!!!

#Hype_WRYYYYYYYYYYYY~!

#36 Hiznopellagio

Hiznopellagio

Carpe Noctem

• GMC Member
  • 860 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 10:38 PM

DUN DUN DUN~

An alliance between me, Merc, and Alice has been formed! Brace yourselves for mega nonsensical puzzle-based RPG platformer! W-with paradoxes! A-a-and pretty girls!

J-just wait for it! *trembles with hype*

xgzQT2A.png

#37 11clock

11clock

Mech. Game Designer

• GMC Member
  • 2735 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 11:52 PM

So apparently voting is now a requirement for having a placement. Not sure what I think of this since a lot of people will probably just view the games topic and vote based on presentation without actually playing the games...

I will join if my university doesn't screw my schedule over.

qNDVrhl.png

#38 HayManMarc

HayManMarc

The HayMan

• GMC Member
  • 1776 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 12:37 AM

jam21_cards.png

Hype.

sigpic1_gmc_archive.png

sigpic2_gmc_archive.png

#39 Lukan Spellweaver

Lukan Spellweaver

Gay Wizard Freak & mcmonkey's plaything

• GMC Member
  • 3704 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 09:00 AM

Whelp, since I'm trying to bring my Indie Beacon thing back, I will be using the new review guidelines from that for my Jam reviews, a bit altered for reasons though.

Each game will get at least 30 minutes of playtime(if possible, I doubt it will be.)

I will make notes during the playtime on things like how well the game plays, how the atmosphere it, and if anything should/could be improved.

I'll write a review based on these notes, and post them to either my blog or the Indie Beacon.

I may do gameplay videos, just because I want to. I know I've said it before, but I might actually do it this time.

Yay for reviews!

I'm not offering any official prizes, as I've shown my inability to carry through with them on time.

DeEuDARh.pngi1SR21Q.png

Find me on Itch.io | GameJolt | YouTube | Twitter | Facebook | Website | Ask.FM

GMC Google Hangout | I liek monkehs

The GMC, here lies she. Kicked to the curb, with nary a word. She shall live on, though. Remain strong, bros.

Also: MIKE DAILLY TOLD ME TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE

#40 dadio

dadio

Potato King

• YoYo Games Staff
  • 2740 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 09:10 AM

Remember guys, the Hype Theme is "GIFTS" this time round... soooo...

if ya like... ya can get da GIFT funny pic tings in & we can da Hype train rolling properly here! :)

Ultimate gifts like DIS:

46b2f3746fe6ced4206b8100e30e2104.jpg

AczgxAZ.png5aj9t5.jpg

#41 iLikeSpoons

iLikeSpoons

GMC Member

• 1 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 09:12 AM

Hey everyone!

First post on the forums - I've been fiddling with and thinking about game design for ever, but work and other... stuff always got in the way. So, as a newyear's resolution - I've decided to participate in at least a few game jams this year. And even though I've mostly been focused on learning unity nowadays, I think I've got enough gamemaker chops to make at least an attempt at this :)

Hopefully, posting during the jam and making a devblogey thing will get me to enough posts to be able to vote on the things people make.

#42 Nexusrex

Nexusrex

WRYYYY!

• GMC Member
  • 637 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 10:37 AM

Dadio is really "gifty" *Ba dum tss*

Can't create the photo as i'm not using da laptop.

#43 Forester

Forester

The One And Only Enragement Cat

• GMC Member
  • 412 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 10:54 AM

HYPEEE!!!

I dont know if I'll have time for this, but whatever, I love the hype. :D

I'm still confused about who won the "best hype realted meme" last time, grnnn grnnn dadio.. grrr... mumble 

gg guys - wp

Forester.jpg
soundcloud - twitter - facebook - ask.fm - advc

#44 dadio

dadio

Potato King

• YoYo Games Staff
  • 2740 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 11:55 AM

Totally forgot 'bout that Forester - will let you know :)

AczgxAZ.png5aj9t5.jpg

#45 chance

chance

GMC Member

• Global Moderators
  • 8762 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 12:49 PM

I'm not offering any official prizes, as I've shown my inability to carry through with them on time.

Why?  That's never stopped anybody else.  :whistle:

#46 Lindion45

Lindion45

Scared of the Ducks

• GMC Member
  • 1554 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 07 January 2016 - 01:08 PM

Egypt is currently 2 hours ahead of the UK.

But, subject to change of course...

UzQSAz6.pngXhTycnt.png

#47 GameDevDan

GameDevDan

RIP current GMC

• Global Moderators
  • 1453 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 01:21 PM

Why?  That's never stopped anybody else.  :whistle:

*COUGH* dadio *COUGH*

#48 Sammi3

Sammi3

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 246 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 01:48 PM

I have a few questions. Are Yal and Tsuka like a real couple? Are they japanese? Which country do they stay in?

They've been doing this jam thing every year and like their profile pictures always follow a similar style. Just never thought to ask till now.

Besides that, I have multiple simple engines (i.e Platformer, 3D, Procedural generation) that I've been making recently but it would feel like kinda cheating if I just used them during the jam as since they've had so much work on them, it's sort of like just jumping to the design phase of the game. I don't know, what do you guys think?

#49 Forester

Forester

The One And Only Enragement Cat

• GMC Member
  • 412 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 02:46 PM

I have a few questions. Are Yal and Tsuka like a real couple? Are they japanese? Which country do they stay in?

They've been doing this jam thing every year and like their profile pictures always follow a similar style. Just never thought to ask till now.

They have a GMC relationship, Tsuka is one of Yal's 25 wives.. Afaik they don't live in the same country.

gg guys - wp

Forester.jpg
soundcloud - twitter - facebook - ask.fm - advc

#50 Nexusrex

Nexusrex

WRYYYY!

• GMC Member
  • 637 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 03:35 PM

They are #waifuz

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: gmcjam, chat