• Please log in to reply
235 replies to this topic

#201 Who3D

Who3D

GMC Member

• 17 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 24 September 2015 - 09:48 AM

HB owner here. I am able to load up GMS:Pro and create the first tutorial game, with clown head and "wall" and so on, and do everything up to pressing the "Run" button. Then things stop agreeing with the tutorial. A file browser comes up for me to choose a Exe file. Anyone able to help me push forward? I have a support request in for this but it's 22 hours old, I figure YoYo might be a bit busy...

Cheers,

Cliff

Do you have "Windows" selected in the target drop down box?

Yes, I do.

I've uploaded a quick video to:

http://tinypic.com/r/2re6xec/8

showing everything I can think to do from loading GameMaker and the first tutorial game to the Open File browser and even further ;)

Cheers,

Cliff

Edited by Who3D, 24 September 2015 - 10:45 AM.

#202 icuurd12b42

icuurd12b42

Self Formed Sentient

• GMC Elder
  • 18181 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 11:09 AM

HB owner here. I am able to load up GMS:Pro and create the first tutorial game, with clown head and "wall" and so on, and do everything up to pressing the "Run" button. Then things stop agreeing with the tutorial. A file browser comes up for me to choose a Exe file. Anyone able to help me push forward? I have a support request in for this but it's 22 hours old, I figure YoYo might be a bit busy...

Cheers,

Cliff

If you have avast running as an anti virus, it's causing this (for games compiled under yyc). let avast finish it's scan and the game (and file browser will close) and the game will start.

[edit]
seeing video it's not the same issue I thought it was

Edited by icuurd12b42, 24 September 2015 - 11:12 AM.

gmcbanner.pnggmcbanner_tools.png

ICU Live Tutoring Through Slack or Skype | My Tools Page follow.png

I FRANTICALLY MADE MY 18000 POST TOPIC BEFORE MIKE ANNOUNCED A DELAY...
Now I'm squirming not to hit that reply button

#203 creativekieran

creativekieran

GMC Member

• 19 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 11:22 AM

Well it's Sep 24th and i still cannot even login even with new reset password. Driving me crazy. maybe i should come back in a week or two  :(

#204 Luciano

Luciano

GMC Member

• 4 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 12:24 PM

creativekieran

Same issue here! Reset my password a million times and cant login. Creating a new account enable you to login, so I mean gold years users are in heap big trouble.

#205 Who3D

Who3D

GMC Member

• 17 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 12:35 PM

Cheers,

Cliff

If you have avast running as an anti virus, it's causing this (for games compiled under yyc). let avast finish it's scan and the game (and file browser will close) and the game will start.

[edit]
seeing video it's not the same issue I thought it was

Thanks for trying anyway :)

And FWIW I've got Norton Internet Security

Cheers,

Cliff

#206 SorinMihai1923

SorinMihai1923

GMC Member

• 4 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 24 September 2015 - 01:17 PM

Anyone know if there is any possible way to have my money back? I don't want a license anymore, they can disable it if they want ... This is the worst possible way to treat your customers, and the problems persist for far tooo long ...

Hey, I feel the need to apologies for this thins that I said yesterday. It seems that my problem was in some way from my side. Yesterday when I tried to download game maker and make it work, I was at my work PC that probably has some kind of proxy or somthing else, and I think that is the reason why it didn't work.

When I tried from my PC at home it worked great. 

So, I am sorry for all the harsh words that I said.

Have a nice day :D 

#207 AcXeller

AcXeller

GMC Member

• 9 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 01:28 PM

creativekieran

Same issue here! Reset my password a million times and cant login. Creating a new account enable you to login, so I mean gold years users are in heap big trouble.

Just to be sure, you are using your account from account.yoyogames.com ?

The account for the support part and the forums here are all different accounts (so 3 in total). Easy to mix that up.
Someday I will take over the world, or finish a game, whichever comes first...

#208 Gre'Lor_12

Gre'Lor_12

GMC Member

• 5 posts
  • Version:GM8.1

Posted 24 September 2015 - 01:54 PM

Hey!

Right, I Created a YoYo Marketplace account and I follwed the instructions to type my License in the box that appears...... it didn't work.

I went back on to humble bundle to see if i had typed them wrong but I haven't. Are the servers stil down???

#209 Gre'Lor_12

Gre'Lor_12

GMC Member

• 5 posts
  • Version:GM8.1

Posted 24 September 2015 - 02:06 PM

Right! You have to enter your normal free license first! Then click on the link and THEN enter your licences!!! Pwfeeeewww!!!! Thank God!!! Now to get the android one and the Steam Keys!!!

#210 Luciano

Luciano

GMC Member

• 4 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 02:49 PM

creativekieran

Just to be sure, you are using your account from account.yoyogames.com ?

The account for the support part and the forums here are all different accounts (so 3 in total). Easy to mix that up.

Yes my friend, I know they are different accounts, by the way, I just created an account here in the community and support because this issue, before it, 11 hours ago, I had only the Yoyo Account that I have for about 7 years, long time before Yoyo logo change, Game Maker turned into Studio etc. Moreover I can retrieve all my 3 game Maker licenses(GM 8.1, GMS Standard[paid], GMS[free]) using "License Recovery" option with my e-mail. Bisides, I use the same e-mail + password combination for all the 3 accounts, til last night when I reset my password a lot. It seems that my account have been deactivated.

#211 Jasix

Jasix

GMC Member

• 4 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 02:56 PM

Submitted a ticket days ago, posted on here. No response. I'm unable to reset my YoYo Games Account password as I am unable to receive the email to reset it. I'm able to receive other mail from YoYo Games, Like my Keys, or advertising the Humble Sale etc.. I'm just not able to get the email to reset my password. It's not in my Junk or Inbox. It's not blocked as far as I'm aware as again I can get other mail from YoYo just fine. I'm trying to login so I can add my Android Export Module to my account. I already own the GM Pro software which I use through Steam. I'd like to unlock the key for Steam for the Android Export also but am unable to access my account via the website until I can reset my Password as I've not logged into it since early 2014 when I added my Pro Key and have had no need to since again i use the software via Steam. It would have been less of a pain if Humble were able to include the Steam Key option like they normally do with most things.

Edited by Jasix, 24 September 2015 - 02:57 PM.

#212 ShaunS

ShaunS

Community Manager

• YoYo Games Staff
  • 215 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 05:19 PM

Submitted a ticket days ago, posted on here. No response. I'm unable to reset my YoYo Games Account password as I am unable to receive the email to reset it. I'm able to receive other mail from YoYo Games, Like my Keys, or advertising the Humble Sale etc.. I'm just not able to get the email to reset my password. It's not in my Junk or Inbox. It's not blocked as far as I'm aware as again I can get other mail from YoYo just fine. I'm trying to login so I can add my Android Export Module to my account. I already own the GM Pro software which I use through Steam. I'd like to unlock the key for Steam for the Android Export also but am unable to access my account via the website until I can reset my Password as I've not logged into it since early 2014 when I added my Pro Key and have had no need to since again i use the software via Steam. It would have been less of a pain if Humble were able to include the Steam Key option like they normally do with most things.

Sorry about the huge delay, we have a lot of tickets similar in nature and we're working hard to get through them all but we are a small team that is not used to dealing with this volume of tickets.

Community Manager for YoYo Games. Sometimes known to make video games. Streams nonsense at twitch.tv/shaunjsTweets nonsense at @shaunspalding.

-S

#213 icuurd12b42

icuurd12b42

Self Formed Sentient

• GMC Elder
  • 18181 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 05:26 PM

30 minutes left and 80000 sold... that's a heck of a lot of activations

Edited by icuurd12b42, 24 September 2015 - 05:27 PM.

#214 Jasix

Jasix

GMC Member

• 4 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 05:26 PM

Sorry about the huge delay, we have a lot of tickets similar in nature and we're working hard to get through them all but we are a small team that is not used to dealing with this volume of tickets.

No Problem, just nice to have an update. :)

#215 eyezik

eyezik

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 141 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 06:05 PM

I went with this thinking in my apology, tho... Its not correct, 80k sales, but of those... How many were less then $6?
Would be curious to hear/read a final tally of pro/android purchases.

#216 Daniel Jackson

Daniel Jackson

GMC Member

• 7 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 06:36 PM

So I finally managed to activate my licenses, excellent!

Is there any difference between the installer from this website and the steam version?

#217 Nocturne

Nocturne

Nocturne Games

• Administrators
  • 25708 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 06:40 PM

Not really no. The Steam version gives you access to the steam workshop and steam player, so you can upload your stuff there (for free), and browse what other people have done. Other than that, they are pretty much identical.

U1FVsm3.png

40799.png

#218 nanocosmo

nanocosmo

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 07:01 PM

I went with this thinking in my apology, tho... Its not correct, 80k sales, but of those... How many were less then $6?

You could get an idea from the "average purchase" value I suppose though I don't know where to find this information now that the bundle is over.

#219 Druid_UK

Druid_UK

GMC Member

• 11 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 07:41 PM

Last I saw was just over 88500 sales and $990k, about 1 minute before close of play.

#220 Aoredon

Aoredon

GMC Member

• 7 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 24 September 2015 - 08:21 PM

Hello, I purchased the GameMaker bundle the day it was released and then I tried to activate my key, but as you know there have been a lot of server issues and when I finally redeemed my voucher (kept on trying until it said I was unable to redeem it).

I downloaded GameMaker and logged in, but it still said I had the standard edition. So I waited a few days and tried again, same thing. Reinstalled and tried again, same thing. I also downloaded the beta which only Professional edition users have access to and it said I couldn't use it because I only had the standard edition.

I just want to ask if this is a server error (likely) or if I need to get some support with it because something went wrong?

When you downloaded, did you enter your email, and log on to acquire your license ? 

Log into yoyo account, and it should display your license key (if it doesn't contact supports helpdesk). Copy it and past it into the license area in the right most panel of the startup splash screen. You should be sorted. 

Then open new or existing project, and click on the help tab - then - 'about gamemaker' 

and you should have a pop up with your licenses. 

Don't see anything then I would contact helpdesk, and or post on one of the appropriate support forums here. 

Hey, sadly they've disabled previewing our licenses so I cannot enter my license. :/

When did you last check because I can see mine when I log in now !

I last checked when I posted that message. Just checked it now and it works. :) Thanks!

#221 lazertrax

lazertrax

GMC Member

• 2 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 09:20 PM

I'm still unable to log in to my account, I always get "Unable to log you in. Please check that your username and password are correct, and that you have activated your account." I sent two support tickets and I always got the same answer.

"We are so sorry for any inconvenience caused.Our website is experiencing a massive amount of traffic due to the Humble Bundle sale.This is causing issues with the YoYo Accounts, GameMaker Studio licences and the updater." 

I thought the issues were resolved and almost all people have successfully redeemed their codes.

Edited by lazertrax, 24 September 2015 - 09:20 PM.

#222 Oli1

Oli1

GMC Member

• 1 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 11:28 PM

I remember trying to login after making my account and getting the same error, but that went away once i opened my email and clicked the activation link.

It seems you cant login till you do.

#223 Captain Carrot

Captain Carrot

GMC Member

• 2 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 06:32 AM

I remember trying to login after making my account and getting the same error, but that went away once i opened my email and clicked the activation link.

It seems you cant login till you do.

I have the same problem as lazentrax and I did activate my account, at least i got an email saying it was successfully activated. Still get "username/password incorrect or account not activated" when trying to log in. Have reset my password several times but it doesn't help.

#224 Luciano

Luciano

GMC Member

• 4 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 10:37 AM

No Problem, just nice to have an update. :)

I could redeem my codes by creating another account. Hope I can transfer my licenses after my old account being accessible again

#225 Siz

Siz

GMC Member

• 1 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 11:43 AM

So, in my account it's said that the license is active, but how to get my steam code ?

#226 Dread

Dread

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 26 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 11:46 AM

A huge thanks for taking care of all issues, including mine. :)

So, in my account it's said that the license is active, but how to get my steam code ?

I think you can read instructions about that on the documentation that comes with the Humble Bundle.

For your convenience:

http://files.humbleb...b27f9f32cbbc6db

Edited by Dread, 25 September 2015 - 11:49 AM.

#227 grvolos

grvolos

GMC Member

• 1 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 01:57 PM

I am also unable to reset the account password as I can't receive the email even though there is a message that it has been sent.

The account was created in 2013.

#228 paul23

paul23

GMC Member

• Global Moderators
  • 4147 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 06:07 PM

Not really no. The Steam version gives you access to the steam workshop and steam player, so you can upload your stuff there (for free), and browse what other people have done. Other than that, they are pretty much identical.

I feel I have to extent this a bit, to prevent future "disappointments". The steam version is limited in that most extensions won't work on it. Also the steam version tends to lag behind in version number, not having the latest early access our beta version of gamemaker.

#229 Atros

Atros

GMC Member

• 6 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 01:35 AM

Hello, as a humble bundle buyer, when will have our steam version keys ? its been 14 days already? any update or ETA?

#230 Slipshod

Slipshod

GMC Member

• 1 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 01 October 2015 - 07:41 PM

Still can't redeem my humble bundle licenses.  It says my pro license is already redeemed, and won't redeem my Android license because there is no license to attach to it.  Filed two support tickets, one was closed assuming it was the same licensing issues everyone else had, the other was closed without every getting assigned to anybody.  Looks like everytime I make a followup ticket it is automatically closed.

So tired of dealing with this.

#231 Atros

Atros

GMC Member

• 6 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 02:48 AM

Still can't redeem my humble bundle licenses.  It says my pro license is already redeemed, and won't redeem my Android license because there is no license to attach to it.  Filed two support tickets, one was closed assuming it was the same licensing issues everyone else had, the other was closed without every getting assigned to anybody.  Looks like everytime I make a followup ticket it is automatically closed.

So tired of dealing with this.

in ur profil page enter ur email in Licence Recovery field then ull receive your licence number in the email u enter, open the standard version (the free1 from download page) creat a new project go to help => enter license or something then update license restart the app, then u should be on pro version.

#232 Phantom107

Phantom107

Graphics Enthusiast

• GMC Member
  • 2774 posts

Posted 04 October 2015 - 01:44 PM

Might as well taken the opportunity to improve on YoYo's poor site graphics. 

;)

GMCSignature.png

The most advanced GM game yet. Check out the Titan Rush GMC topic here! Developed by Phantom Technology

Talented spriting artist, looking for work? PM me. I'm working on a small project and need assistance. :)

#233 Alvare

Alvare

Not an administrator

• GMC Member
  • 1812 posts
  • Version:None

Posted 05 October 2015 - 08:30 PM

Might as well taken the opportunity to improve on YoYo's poor site graphics. 

I like the colors!  :sick:

#234 Acrylic

Acrylic

GMC Member

• 1 posts

Posted 11 October 2015 - 01:29 AM

I cant get passed "Acquiring License" on the YOYO Account,I enter my email and password and get the "incorrect email or password" message.​

I still get this over and over.

I'm getting this too - it's very frustrating because I know my e-mail and password combo is correct because I just reset my password!

#235 veta420

veta420

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 720 posts

Posted 11 October 2015 - 07:39 PM

I keep getting a 

We're sorry, but something went wrong.
We've been notified about this issue and we'll take a look at it shortly.

Edited by veta420, 11 October 2015 - 07:40 PM.

#236 icuurd12b42

icuurd12b42

Self Formed Sentient

• GMC Elder
  • 18181 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 01:28 AM

I had some oddities with my internet provider's DNS. I switched to use Google's DNS 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 and that fixed some of these issues