235 replies to this topic

#101 TsukaYuriko

TsukaYuriko

Remember... and never forget

• Global Moderators
  • 9535 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 23 September 2015 - 04:18 AM

All working again over here. Now I can go and buy more bundles to give away to awesome people with a clear conscience! :)

Thanks to everyone involved for sitting through this fiasco and doing your best to get it resolved, you're all awesome. :thumbsup:

Now just don't drop a feckin strawberry milkshake on the server again, will ya, Mike? :P

*a gunshot is heard far away, followed by the sound of champagne bottles being popped open and loud disco music*

yBGBXQa.pngmWOQbeq.png

#102 fetito666

fetito666

Braaaaaaaaaaaaains!

• GMC Member
  • 81 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 04:31 AM

<3

#103 JDBar

JDBar

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 206 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 05:07 AM

Just in case anyone else is having this issue: My GM:S Humble Bundle voucher says it's already been redeemed. Trying to replace my old license (no Mac/Ubuntu exports) with the new one from Humble Bundle (with Mac/Ubuntu exports) and then also redeem the Android module. Tried license recovery and I only see my old license with no additional modules. Awaiting help desk to see if I can still get the new license with Mac+Ubuntu exports.

EDIT: Looks like the system updated and I now have access to my new license. Nice!

Edited by JDBar, 23 September 2015 - 06:43 PM.

iTZiMtWC3OJL1.jpg

#104 Dirty_Koer

Dirty_Koer

GMC Member

• 5 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 05:28 AM

Yeah, no, not entirely fixed. As for myself and x amount of others our Humble keys were taken but not attached to account during the initial server dump. I still get "gms key used", and "the Android key can't be attached because no primary gms exists".
Already sent in a support ticket and got "the server is over worked" reply, and thus ticket was closed.
Please help.

#105 M1k3ol

M1k3ol

GMC Member

• 16 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 05:42 AM

everything working on my side, used the voucher and updated the license (again, so the android module could show up)

now it's just a matter of waiting to get the STEAM key...

anyone knows how do we get it? (I know it's a 14 days wait)

EDIT to above:

did you redeemed it when the server issues were already in place?, I did around friday and never got an email, yet the key was correctly attached.....but it was after the queue system was in place,,,

Edited by M1k3ol, 23 September 2015 - 05:44 AM.

#106 zearid

zearid

GMC Member

• 12 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 06:24 AM

I just wake up and look at web site - work. Ok. Time to test start GMS ;]
GMS start, update but .... not Pro (any of 2) or something xD Just back to Standard edition o_O
GMS take licence from YYG via login on acc. I can get my keys (old and new) but why acc don't have another licence?
On acc I have for now: Standard, old Pro, new Pro and Android ;]
It's not big problem - still have keys for that (now testing work or not ;]) but be great use login to get all at once.

Edited by zearid, 23 September 2015 - 06:26 AM.

#107 Who3D

Who3D

GMC Member

• 17 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 06:59 AM

Hi Guys. New HB user here. Had to re-claim my HB code and that went through very quickly so I've also been able to claim the code for the Android module. GMS now loads as Professional edition with the options I anticipate. Maybe I'll run through some tutorials today...

21ae9lw.png

Cheers,

Cliff

#108 himl

himl

GMC Member

• 4 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 23 September 2015 - 07:16 AM

Updated the license twice after linking the Android key with the GMS license, now the engine seems to be in working order. Glad to know I'll be able to explore this once Saturday rolls around again. :)

#109 fetito666

fetito666

Braaaaaaaaaaaaains!

• GMC Member
  • 81 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 07:20 AM

It lives!!!

#110 Dirty_Koer

Dirty_Koer

GMC Member

• 5 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 07:50 AM

everything working on my side, used the voucher and updated the license (again, so the android module could show up)

now it's just a matter of waiting to get the STEAM key...

anyone knows how do we get it? (I know it's a 14 days wait)

EDIT to above:

did you redeemed it when the server issues were already in place?, I did around friday and never got an email, yet the key was correctly attached.....but it was after the queue system was in place,,,

I can tell you it was Sept 18 at around 3:45am pst (yoyo acct activated at 3:41 pst).  A message did pop up saying it would take some time for the key to get validated. Never did receive an email.

Also just tried logging into GMS, still getting "You appear to have no licence attached to this account...."

#111 rwkay

rwkay

YoYo Games CTO

• YoYo Games Staff
  • 2937 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 23 September 2015 - 08:10 AM

Dirty_Koer  please contact support on http://help.yoyogames.com and they will be able to sort it out now - all our customer support tools are back up and running...

Russell

#112 eyezik

eyezik

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 141 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 08:29 AM

Dirty_Koer  please contact support on http://help.yoyogames.com and they will be able to sort it out now - all our customer support tools are back up and running...

Russell

Not entirely perfect however. Read back to when then server came back online. Several users to include myself still have issues.
Thanks!

#113 Dirty_Koer

Dirty_Koer

GMC Member

• 5 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 08:54 AM

Russell

Thanks for the reply. I just updated my ticket so now it's open again. Hopefully something will work out.

#114 JimB

JimB

GMC Member

• 9 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 09:05 AM

I cant get passed "Acquiring License" on the YOYO Account,I enter my email and password and get the "incorrect email or password" message.​

I still get this over and over.

Edited by JimB, 23 September 2015 - 11:58 AM.

#115 Danlisa

Danlisa

GMC Member

• 5 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 09:21 AM

Access is back - Yay!

License is not working - Boo!

My licenses have been redeemed and email confirmed but the Studio App is not updating to allow for this. Still showing as Standard with only the basic Windows module active.

Have created a support ticket. Hope that's the right thing to do?

Edited by Danlisa, 23 September 2015 - 09:27 AM.

#116 AcXeller

AcXeller

GMC Member

• 9 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 09:34 AM

Access is back - Yay!
License is not working - Boo!

My licenses have been redeemed and email confirmed but the Studio App is not updating to allow for this. Still showing as Standard with only the basic Windows module active.
Have created a support ticket. Hope that's the right thing to do?

I think that people who already got a license before they redeemed the GMS Pro one are stuck with it until the license system is fully restored. I think that the old ones are still primary and you can't change it yourself because that function is disabled for the time being. Support can't change it for you because they too have issues using the account system. I'm afraid we have to wait a little longer...

Edited by AcXeller, 23 September 2015 - 09:36 AM.

Someday I will take over the world, or finish a game, whichever comes first...

#117 zearid

zearid

GMC Member

• 12 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 09:43 AM

For all with acc problem - go to http://yoyogames.com/support and try use recovery licence key (on bottom). If all be OK U got in few min keys on e-mail. Use it for activation licence. For me acc login work but read only very old standard licence. Need to add others via key's.

Edited by zearid, 23 September 2015 - 09:45 AM.

#118 Danlisa

Danlisa

GMC Member

• 5 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 10:01 AM

For all with acc problem - go to http://yoyogames.com/support and try use recovery licence key (on bottom). If all be OK U got in few min keys on e-mail. Use it for activation licence. For me acc login work but read only very old standard licence. Need to add others via key's.

Thanks, that worked for my Pro License but not the Android License (which I think is still being sorted by YoYo).

Edit - No, figured it out. Android is attached and activated when you apply the Pro License within the Studio App.

Edited by Danlisa, 23 September 2015 - 10:24 AM.

#119 JDNeat

JDNeat

GMC Member

• 8 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 10:01 AM

Hey guys. I know there are still problems ongoing but I'd like some clarification on the voucher redemption if possible.

I have downloaded the free version of studio through Steam and I have had my vouchers validated through the YYG website and received confirmation emails.

The question I have is; when everything is back up and running smoothly again.... how do I apply my license update? I see no way to do this inside of GM:S to upgrade to GM:S pro.

It may be obvious, and I may just be dumb.

Thanks anyway :D

#120 Dread

Dread

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 26 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 10:03 AM

The activation worked yesterday for me, just for the record. So stopped by to say thank you for dealing with the issue. Now I shall start exploring what this baby can do.

#121 Alice

Alice

Toolmaker of Bucuresti

• GMC Member
  • 1392 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 10:09 AM

The question I have is; when everything is back up and running smoothly again.... how do I apply my license update? I see no way to do this inside of GM:S to upgrade to GM:S pro.

Is Help >> Update License the thing you're looking for, perhaps?

LShy6C6.png

#122 fetito666

fetito666

Braaaaaaaaaaaaains!

• GMC Member
  • 81 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 10:28 AM

I saw an option to save a keyfile or something like that. Will that prevent the authentication DRM issues if we just download that "blacklist.yoyo"-file?

#123 JDNeat

JDNeat

GMC Member

• 8 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 10:42 AM

Is Help >> Update License the thing you're looking for, perhaps?

I don't have that option? Within the Help menu there is nothing like that :/

#124 crispy78

crispy78

GMC Member

• 2 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 10:48 AM

ok getting a little annoyed now, my husband who registered his humble bundle key after me is now able to use game maker with no problem now, but I have still not even received an email confirming my licence and have tried recovery and it is saying no licence associated with the email. I have sent in a ticket and did receive an email from them but they have now closed that ticket, why would a ticket be closed when the issue is not resolved. If i went and brought a new humble bundle and signed up with a new account I could use Game Maker which is really quite bad. Also while an exact time-scale is not possible to give people maybe saying if it will be sorted in hours,days or weeks might be helpful to people I know it would be helpful to me as I am fed up with keep refreshing twitter/forum/ support page just to see if there is any news. ok rant over and just to reiterate I am only frustrated because this seems like an awesome bit of kit to have in my arsenal and I cant wait to use it to it's full potential 

Woohoo now it is working thanks yoyo

Edited by crispy78, 23 September 2015 - 11:13 AM.

#125 Shigure

Shigure

GMC Member

• 10 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 11:03 AM

I was able to reedem my Humble Bundle GMS pro key, but I'm still unable to view my license. When will I be able to view my license and use GMS pro?

#126 RevFirst

RevFirst

GMC Member

• 1 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 11:15 AM

Finally. Things seem to be working fine for me, at least for now. Thanks.

(Humble Bundle user.)

Edited by RevFirst, 23 September 2015 - 11:17 AM.

#127 GreenKnight

GreenKnight

GMC Member

• 3 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 11:16 AM

Finally got the voucher redeemed email!

Will have to wait to see if I can get into the program until I get home. Everything should be working now though.

#128 Daniel Cleaton

Daniel Cleaton

GMC Member

• YoYo Games Staff
  • 200 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 11:17 AM

Hey guys. I know there are still problems ongoing but I'd like some clarification on the voucher redemption if possible.

I have downloaded the free version of studio through Steam and I have had my vouchers validated through the YYG website and received confirmation emails.

Steam is different in that you will be sent Steam keys for your Pro license and Android module (if you got that). These take 14 days from when you activate the coupon on your YoYo Account, and you will then just redeem the keys in your Steam library the same as any other Steam product.

You don't/can't enter a license key anywhere in Steam, so you're correct in not finding that option.

Twitter: @DanielCleaton  < Don't tweet me with bugs - report them properly and then wait for the ticket to be answered, please. (Same with PMs on here,,,)

Marketplace: obskewer-games

#129 Dirty_Koer

Dirty_Koer

GMC Member

• 5 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 11:22 AM

Finally got the voucher redeemed email!

Will have to wait to see if I can get into the program until I get home. Everything should be working now though.

Funny, I just checked and mine showed up in the email about 15 min ago. Score!
Of course I just shut down my pc. Lol!
Will have to check later to see if properly tied to GMS.

#130 c023-dev

c023-dev

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 23 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 11:25 AM

I'm still trying to reset my password but the emails don't reach my inbox.

Tried it again today still no mail. Any news on that?

#131 galladhan

galladhan

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 64 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 11:29 AM

I was able to reedem my Humble Bundle GMS pro key, but I'm still unable to view my license. When will I be able to view my license and use GMS pro?

It's not necessary to be able to view the license in order to use GM:S Pro: you can just go here https://www.yoyogames.com/support and enter your email address at the bottom of the page. In this way you will receive your license(s) through email.

Edited by galladhan, 23 September 2015 - 11:29 AM.

#132 Daniel Cleaton

Daniel Cleaton

GMC Member

• YoYo Games Staff
  • 200 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 11:34 AM

We're unaware of any specific issue with password reset e-mails at the moment - this is a YoYo Account password reset you have requested? Assuming it's not gone to a spam folder, it would be worth sending full details of your issue and your e-mail details to help@yoyogames.com, rather than discussing here. Thanks.

Now that the servers are coping, viewing licenses in your YoYo Account panel is the next bit to be re-implemented and is being worked-on right now. @galladhan above has given details of a workaround we offer, but please note this isn't an ideal solution and won't allow you to manage your YoYo Account properly - just bypass it for licensing Studio with a Pro key. (You take that license we e-mail to you and use it in Help > Update License or paste it into the "already have a key" panel if you're licensing Studio straight after installing.)

Twitter: @DanielCleaton  < Don't tweet me with bugs - report them properly and then wait for the ticket to be answered, please. (Same with PMs on here,,,)

#133 JimB

JimB

GMC Member

• 9 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 11:35 AM

mw.jpgEvery time I refresh this page my Malware Bytes reports a Malicious web site

i.imgur.com

I.P. 185.31.18.193

Port 55058

anyone else get this?

Edited by JimB, 23 September 2015 - 12:07 PM.

#134 RazvanLess

RazvanLess

GMC Member

• 11 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 11:35 AM

I was curious about one thing. If I bought the $6 bundle, can I add $6 more to the same order and get the $12 bundle?

@ShaunS 

@Daniel Cleaton

Edited by RazvanLess, 23 September 2015 - 11:45 AM.

#135 c023-dev

c023-dev

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 23 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 11:40 AM

We're unaware of any specific issue with password reset e-mails at the moment - this is a YoYo Account password reset you have requested? Assuming it's not gone to a spam folder, it would be worth sending full details of your issue and your e-mail details to help@yoyogames.com, rather than discussing here. Thanks.

Yes, YoYo Account... sent the email.

#136 Who3D

Who3D

GMC Member

• 17 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 12:20 PM

I was curious about one thing. If I bought the $6 bundle, can I add $6 more to the same order and get the $12 bundle?
@ShaunS 
@Daniel Cleaton

You're probably best off contacting the Humble Bundle guys about that - and in my experience they are a very helpful and agreeable bunch.

Cheers,

Cliff

#137 Aki

Aki

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 23 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 12:41 PM

This article stated it would be updated when the servers were back up. Please update it.

#138 Daniel Cleaton

Daniel Cleaton

GMC Member

• YoYo Games Staff
  • 200 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 12:41 PM

@ShaunS 

@Daniel Cleaton

Yeah, I'm afraid I have no personal knowledge of what Humble's systems allow. As commented above, you'd need to contact Humble and ask what they support.

#139 GreenKnight

GreenKnight

GMC Member

• 3 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 12:44 PM

@ShaunS 
@Daniel Cleaton

Yeah, I'm afraid I have no personal knowledge of what Humble's systems allow. As commented above, you'd need to contact Humble and ask what they support.

You can definitely do that. I think it may require you to have a humble bundle account though (which is free).

#140 Gribble0

Gribble0

YoYo Games Staff

• Administrators
  • 79 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 12:50 PM

This article stated it would be updated when the servers were back up. Please update it.

Done, slipped my mind :P  Thanks for reminding me though.

Twitter - @Gribble0

#141 Aoredon

Aoredon

GMC Member

• 7 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 23 September 2015 - 01:28 PM

Hello, I purchased the GameMaker bundle the day it was released and then I tried to activate my key, but as you know there have been a lot of server issues and when I finally redeemed my voucher (kept on trying until it said I was unable to redeem it).

I downloaded GameMaker and logged in, but it still said I had the standard edition. So I waited a few days and tried again, same thing. Reinstalled and tried again, same thing. I also downloaded the beta which only Professional edition users have access to and it said I couldn't use it because I only had the standard edition.

I just want to ask if this is a server error (likely) or if I need to get some support with it because something went wrong?

#142 JDNeat

JDNeat

GMC Member

• 8 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 02:08 PM

Steam is different in that you will be sent Steam keys for your Pro license and Android module (if you got that). These take 14 days from when you activate the coupon on your YoYo Account, and you will then just redeem the keys in your Steam library the same as any other Steam product.

You don't/can't enter a license key anywhere in Steam, so you're correct in not finding that option.

Oh, so if I've redeemed my vouchers (which I have) then I should receive Steam keys sometime within the 14 days?

I mean, that's ok but I'm hearing a lot of people are now just able to update their SE version of GM so why can't I just do that? Like now?
Why is the Steam download any different than a regular download/install?

#frustrated

Edited by JDNeat, 23 September 2015 - 02:14 PM.

#143 zearid

zearid

GMC Member

• 12 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 02:19 PM

mw.jpgEvery time I refresh this page my Malware Bytes reports a Malicious web site

i.imgur.com

I.P. 185.31.18.193

Port 55058

anyone else get this?

Look at this image one more time. What is on red? imgur.com is now infected and if U use it - clear U cache.

#144 carlfxy

carlfxy

GMC Member

• 4 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 02:51 PM

Hello, I purchased the GameMaker bundle the day it was released and then I tried to activate my key, but as you know there have been a lot of server issues and when I finally redeemed my voucher (kept on trying until it said I was unable to redeem it).

I downloaded GameMaker and logged in, but it still said I had the standard edition. So I waited a few days and tried again, same thing. Reinstalled and tried again, same thing. I also downloaded the beta which only Professional edition users have access to and it said I couldn't use it because I only had the standard edition.

I just want to ask if this is a server error (likely) or if I need to get some support with it because something went wrong?

When you downloaded, did you enter your email, and log on to acquire your license ? 

Log into yoyo account, and it should display your license key (if it doesn't contact supports helpdesk). Copy it and past it into the license area in the right most panel of the startup splash screen. You should be sorted. 

Then open new or existing project, and click on the help tab - then - 'about gamemaker' 

and you should have a pop up with your licenses. 

Don't see anything then I would contact helpdesk, and or post on one of the appropriate support forums here. 

Edited by carlfxy, 23 September 2015 - 02:52 PM.

#145 JimB

JimB

GMC Member

• 9 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 02:57 PM

I have never used i.imgur.com in my life ,this only occurs when I refresh

the forum page.

Also I still cant login to my yoyo account, still getting "incorrect email or password"

message when trying to acquire license.

Edited by JimB, 23 September 2015 - 03:02 PM.

#146 carlfxy

carlfxy

GMC Member

• 4 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 03:05 PM

@ShaunS 

@Daniel Cleaton

All you have to do is log into your humble account,

go to purchases,

click on the bundle,

click on the text near the top 

"Like what were doing ? Click here to Increase your order amount"

enter $6 and you should see your new total as $12 and you will get the extra keys in the bundle. 

I always, just add an amount below the tiers threshold, to check as it should give you a message about exactly how much needs to be added to get the extra tier. 

#147 Who3D

Who3D

GMC Member

• 17 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 03:05 PM

I have never used i.imgur.com in my life ,this only occurs when I refresh

the forum page.

Also I still cant login to my yoyo account, still getting "incorrect email or password"

message when trying to acquire license.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imgur

Looks like it's quite a popular image hosting site.

#148 Nocturne

Nocturne

Nocturne Games

• Administrators
  • 25708 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 03:28 PM

Imgur was subject of an exploit, which although the Imgur devs say they've blocked it, they still haven't said exactly how it worked. This means that Malware Bytes is still marking it as dangerous and blocking images. A lot of people (myself included) use Imgur as an image host, so that's why you'll see it on the forum. You can whitelist Imgur in Malware Bytes if you think they're being over-cautious, or you can wait till Imgur make an announcement that Malware Bytes considers sufficient to stop blocking it.

More info: https://www.reddit.c...blocking_imgur/

U1FVsm3.png

40799.png

#149 Aoredon

Aoredon

GMC Member

• 7 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 23 September 2015 - 03:30 PM

When you downloaded, did you enter your email, and log on to acquire your license ? 

Log into yoyo account, and it should display your license key (if it doesn't contact supports helpdesk). Copy it and past it into the license area in the right most panel of the startup splash screen. You should be sorted. 

Then open new or existing project, and click on the help tab - then - 'about gamemaker' 

Don't see anything then I would contact helpdesk, and or post on one of the appropriate support forums here. 

Hey, sadly they've disabled previewing our licenses so I cannot enter my license. :/

#150 carlfxy

carlfxy

GMC Member

• 4 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 03:32 PM

Hey, sadly they've disabled previewing our licenses so I cannot enter my license. :/

When did you last check because I can see mine when I log in now !