235 replies to this topic

#51 Lonewolff

Lonewolff

Permanent Resident

• GMC Member
  • 3517 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 22 September 2015 - 10:26 PM

Nice! Got in with minimal effort. Good job guys :)

Edited by Lonewolff, 22 September 2015 - 10:28 PM.

#52 MangeyD

MangeyD

GMC Member

• 10 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 22 September 2015 - 10:27 PM

Well what do I know about anything!!

Good news thanks Shaun  and I have finally been able to load GM and I just pushed my Android Export module key through as I had been holding off on trying that one.

So glad to see that my inner cynic has been proven wrong and I hope that YYG can move forward and recover confidence in their platform.

#53 eyezik

eyezik

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 141 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 10:28 PM

Oh noes! dont say it!!

im dl'ing update at 96%  :-s

edit: lonewollfs edited reply, had me scarred for a minute..

Edited by eyezik, 22 September 2015 - 10:32 PM.

#54 OxyTJ

OxyTJ

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 20 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 10:29 PM

Sorry if i've missed this, but any idear how long it'll take for a license to be processed? I put mine in a couple days ago. Saw some people have theirs workin just wanted to make sure I did everything correctly on my end.

#55 galladhan

galladhan

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 64 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 10:29 PM

Look at the bright side

Yes, i do: this server failure brought me to the forum (even if i started with Game Maker 8.1, i've never been here much) and i just discovered a marvelous community, populated by nice people i like to read and interact with. And the staff-moderators, in my opinion, are doing a great job in managing a nightmarish situation. Kudos, guys! =)

ohh!! Galladhan, do I spot another ZX81 fan out there?  :)

Absolutely yes, OldieSteve :]

3D Monster Maze was the first videogame of my life. The first survival horror in history, i would say. I was 6 and it was creepy as hell. Those were the days :D

Mazogs, my friend! ZX81 <3

Edited by galladhan, 22 September 2015 - 10:32 PM.

#56 Lonewolff

Lonewolff

Permanent Resident

• GMC Member
  • 3517 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 10:34 PM

I gather this only applies to updating, downloading, new account creation, verify existing primary license, and the Humble Bundle redemption stuff.

Those of us with multiple licenses whom need to be able to see and switch those licenses still get (because of the inability of Yoyo Games after years of requests to combine export modules from jultiple licenses to a single license):

Licences

Humble Bundle customers - click here to redeem your GameMaker: Studio codes.

Licence viewing is currently disabled due to high server load, and will return shortly.

License recovery is your friend :)

#57 eyezik

eyezik

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 141 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 10:39 PM

SOB!

negitory!

i too .. "unabale to obtain a valid license"

...Knew i shoulda held back n waited.

edit:

think i got it now!

redownloading. grrrrr

(this is just ridiculous)

Edited by eyezik, 22 September 2015 - 10:45 PM.

#58 Gribble0

Gribble0

YoYo Games Staff

• Administrators
  • 79 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 10:40 PM

I gather this only applies to updating, downloading, new account creation, verify existing primary license, and the Humble Bundle redemption stuff.

Those of us with multiple licenses whom need to be able to see and switch those licenses still get (because of the inability of Yoyo Games after years of requests to combine export modules from jultiple licenses to a single license):

We do combine them when you attach them.  As said above, use the license recovery.

Twitter - @Gribble0

#59 Drucrazy3

Drucrazy3

Blue Arrow Arcade

• GMC Member
  • 178 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 10:45 PM

Am I doing something wrong or is there still issues? The GM:S client has the restart loop problem still.

EDIT: Not actually a loop but wont change it from standard to pro.

Edited by Drucrazy3, 22 September 2015 - 10:46 PM.

#60 Lonewolff

Lonewolff

Permanent Resident

• GMC Member
  • 3517 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 10:46 PM

We do combine them when you attach them.  As said above, use the license recovery.

I actually submitted a ticket just now regarding a similar thing.

I already have Pro and redeemed the humble bundle Pro too. But, the license recovery is only showing 1 copy of pro and the Android exporter module.

Shouldn't I now see two licenses for pro and the Android module? I was hoping the second license of Pro would contain the Ubuntu module as per the current GM:S Pro offering.

[edit]
Oh, hang on - I see that Ubuntu no longer comes with GM:S Pro.

Disregard the Ubuntu part of the question then :)

(Not a show stopper - as I have the steam export for Ubuntu anyway :))

Edited by Lonewolff, 22 September 2015 - 10:48 PM.

#61 Heartade

Heartade

GMC Member

• 1 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 10:49 PM

Actually, I still can't login to my Yoyogames account; it keeps returning 'wrong username/password or account not activated'-kind of error. Is the login down again?

#62 SLUGGY

SLUGGY

GMC Member

• 4 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 10:49 PM

Finally managed to see my license and activate it ^_^

I just need to study and hopefully learn how to use the software successfully.

#63 eyezik

eyezik

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 141 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 10:51 PM

i read, this HB purchase includes both the ubuntu AND iosGM4MAC exports.(as part of GM:S Pro)  was that a rumor then?

Edited by eyezik, 22 September 2015 - 10:52 PM.

#64 galladhan

galladhan

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 64 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 10:56 PM

i read, this HB purchase includes both the ubuntu AND iosGM4MAC.(as part of GM:S Pro)  was that a rumor then?

Nope, not a rumor: i just tried and the exports are both included.

Everything works here, also the license switch and the android module. Great! 

Edited by galladhan, 22 September 2015 - 11:08 PM.

#65 fetito666

fetito666

Braaaaaaaaaaaaains!

• GMC Member
  • 81 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 11:04 PM

So the DRM issue has been resolved? *drooling on the keyboard* Right now I am at working envying all of you.

#66 stabsk4

stabsk4

GMC Member

• 3 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 11:09 PM

Help please!

I've downloaded  your GameMaker software already, And I have already submitted in my codes. Unfortunately I still am not able to sign in to your server. Whenever I try to sign in, it gives me a message saying: "You have successfully updated your license. Gamemaker: Studio will need to be restarted for changes to take effect.

So I restart the program, and even restart my computer, but it still gives me the same message every attempt I try to sign in. Can you find a solution soon please? Thank you :-)

#67 eyezik

eyezik

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 141 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 11:10 PM

dont envy me, im still having issues.

guess, as an existing user, i never had an account at account.yoyogames.com.  none of my emails seem to log me in...

so, im stuck in que as a new user trying to create a new account, so i may add the android license to my existing pro license.

edit:

OMG this is such a freaking nitemare, even WITH things 'working',  the process of jumping between pages, clicking buttons, restarting...this entire process is flat out stupid.  please consider a different approach to these situations in the future(ie upgrading to gms zues)

i cant seem to add adroid to my gms, theres a nice easy way for HB users to add "via the blue box/link"

but as an existing pro owner, im not allowed to use this approach?  so..

(i do not wish to add the pro license to my existing pro license in order to add the droid license to my existing license.)  seems this is the only way short of creating another yoyo account, redeeming both codes there, but ...i want the droid license here. not there.!) 

Edited by eyezik, 22 September 2015 - 11:27 PM.

#68 isaackoz

isaackoz

GMC Member

• 1 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 11:17 PM

Finally got mine to work! Thank you for all your hard work and for this sale.  :wink:

#69 nanocosmo

nanocosmo

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 20 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 11:19 PM

Worked for me (HB customer), I logged in through the client and the licence activated. Haven't tried activating the Android exporter yet.

#70 -LEWA-

-LEWA-

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 350 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 11:23 PM

One question: I bought GM:Studio throught steam. While i can use it the same way as previously (no connection issues, it displays that it is the professional version, etc...), but the strange thing is that everytime i hit the "play" button i get a 5-second long "Made with Game Maker" splash screen... (this shouldn't happen with the pro-version.)

Is this some form of licensing issue?

Edited by -LEWA-, 22 September 2015 - 11:37 PM.

signature.png

#71 icuurd12b42

icuurd12b42

Self Formed Sentient

• GMC Elder
  • 18181 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 11:24 PM

Help please!

I've downloaded  your GameMaker software already, And I have already submitted in my codes. Unfortunately I still am not able to sign in to your server. Whenever I try to sign in, it gives me a message saying: "You have successfully updated your license. Gamemaker: Studio will need to be restarted for changes to take effect.

So I restart the program, and even restart my computer, but it still gives me the same message every attempt I try to sign in. Can you find a solution soon please? Thank you :-)

Avast sometimes interferes with the process. disabled it (if you have it)

gmcbanner.pnggmcbanner_tools.png

ICU Live Tutoring Through Slack or Skype | My Tools Page follow.png

I FRANTICALLY MADE MY 18000 POST TOPIC BEFORE MIKE ANNOUNCED A DELAY...
Now I'm squirming not to hit that reply button

#72 Atros

Atros

GMC Member

• 6 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 11:33 PM

Hello all,

i was disappointed with the technical difficulties. but others voiced and complained on behalf of some of us, and hope will get the soft i paid for asap.

but i have a question for admins and staff.

will the license we've got, work with future updates of the studio? or will we have to pay for the majors updates ?

I want to know this as well now that GMS2 is coming out soon.

All current licenses (Humble and otherwise) are for GM:S 1.x, and the fine print on the yoyogames website clarifies this. (Although you can't look it up right now since the site is down.) GM:S has been steadily updating and adding very substantial features ever since its release several years ago. (2011? Just guessing.) You will continue to receive free updates to GM:S 1.x until it is discontinued.

Yoyogames bought Game Maker when it was Windows only and released GMS alongside GM8.1. They updated both for a little bit before GM8.1 development was stopped, but left it available for sale at its normal price (or discounted) until 2013 or so. They often provided massive discounts for users to upgrade from 8.1 to GMS, but many hobbyist and those only interested in developing for Windows still use GM8.1 to this day.

I predict a similar fate for GMS2; that is to say, it will probably not be free, but Yoyogames will likely offer discounts to existing GM:S owners (which you are if you purchased the Humble Bundle), as well as their periodic sales open to everyone. GMS1 should still have some life left in it for updates, but I wouldn't expect it to continue receiving updates 6 months after GMS2 is released. This shouldn't discourage you by any means, though. GMS as it is today is a fantastic tool, and has already proven itself capable for developing commercial games. If you don't feel GMS2 warrants the cost of the upgrade, stick to GMS1 and I guarantee you will not be alone.

While we're on the subject: when YYG was bought out by Playtech, they announced that they're shooting for release of GMS2 this year. That means it's really not far off, so we should expect the days of GMS1 updates to slowly ramp down. But as I already mentioned, it is a solid piece of software and I am certain YYG will continue to squash bugs while they're still being actively reported.

Thx m8 for those reassuring informations, appreciated :), so at least we can still use the 1.x after the 2.x release for sometimes, its a relief.

Ok i finally managed to login to my account, and i get this code have already been redeemed, and since the license view is disabled, and i got no new mail about validating my license. should i be worried ? or contact support ?

Edited by Atros, 22 September 2015 - 11:42 PM.

#73 fetito666

fetito666

Braaaaaaaaaaaaains!

• GMC Member
  • 81 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 11:34 PM

BTW: Is there a thread already on GM 2.0? *drooling on the keyboard*

#74 OldieSteve

OldieSteve

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 38 posts
  • Version:None

Posted 22 September 2015 - 11:36 PM

Mine worked now but it says I don't have an android licence and when I enter the licence key I get "unable to obtain a valid licence, please check your licence key and then retry".  I have triple checked it and its exactly what humble bundle gave me.

#75 kolio

kolio

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 48 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 11:43 PM

Okay I've now activate both licenses into my account. How do I proceed to use the actual licensed modules, because even if I login and after it prompts me to restart, it's still says standard edition.
Am I missing something?

#76 TylerAW

TylerAW

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 91 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 11:46 PM

I was able to submit my key from Humble a long time ago, but I never got a pro license. After signing into the account, on GMS (non steam) it said the license updated, but again it's not a pro version.

I have a Sega Saturn... your argument is invalid.

#77 fetito666

fetito666

Braaaaaaaaaaaaains!

• GMC Member
  • 81 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 11:47 PM

<3 I got an email saying that my voucher got redeemed.

#78 Lonewolff

Lonewolff

Permanent Resident

• GMC Member
  • 3517 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 11:52 PM

i read, this HB purchase includes both the ubuntu AND

iosGM4MAC

.(as part of GM:S Pro) was that a rumor then?

Interesting - not from where I sit (after re-licensing).

Edited by Lonewolff, 22 September 2015 - 11:54 PM.

#79 kolio

kolio

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 48 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 11:54 PM

iosGM4MAC

How did you manage to get your licenses working in the program?
Cause it's not doing it for me.
I'm using the website version also, not the steam one.

#80 galladhan

galladhan

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 64 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 11:56 PM

Mine worked now but it says I don't have an android licence and when I enter the licence key I get "unable to obtain a valid licence, please check your licence key and then retry".  I have triple checked it and its exactly what humble bundle gave me.

Did you attach the android license to the GM:S one?

#81 Lonewolff

Lonewolff

Permanent Resident

• GMC Member
  • 3517 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 11:57 PM

@kolio - Help > Update License :)

#82 barley27

barley27

GMC Member

• 2 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 12:00 AM

"I was able to submit my key from Humble a long time ago, but I never got a pro license. After signing into the account, on GMS (non steam) it said the license updated, but again it's not a pro version."

What I did is do a license recovery.. then your licenses get sent to you.. open up gamemaker and under the "license" on the right, there is a spot to paste your license key there.. then restart GM and it should say "Professional"

#83 eyezik

eyezik

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 141 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 12:00 AM

i read, this HB purchase includes both the ubuntu AND iosGM4MAC.(as part of GM:S Pro)  was that a rumor then?

iosGM4MAC

really?

think it might be safe to safe at this point, Yoyo doesnt yet have things working as expected then.

#84 galladhan

galladhan

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 64 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 12:06 AM

One question: I bought GM:Studio throught steam. While i can use it the same way as previously (no connection issues, it displays that it is the professional version, etc...), but the strange thing is that everytime i hit the "play" button i get a 5-second long "Made with Game Maker" splash screen... (this shouldn't happen with the pro-version.)

Is this some form of licensing issue?

I just noticed the same issue (but the splash screen lasts less than 5 seconds here), and i haven't bought GM:S on Steam. 

#85 xxApvxx

xxApvxx

GMC Member

• 8 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 12:12 AM

Just wanted to drop a line in here. All seems to work great now. Thanks again for the great deal through Humble, and so glad you guys got everything worked out.

#86 OxyTJ

OxyTJ

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 12:17 AM

Woot. Now updated.

#87 eyezik

eyezik

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 141 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 12:19 AM

welp! tired of sitting at wifi loc, tired of trying.  i guess ill finish the process next month, providing..

#88 fetito666

fetito666

Braaaaaaaaaaaaains!

• GMC Member
  • 81 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 12:38 AM

Soon we'll all get the Steam keys and then we'll never ever have to worry about this DRM issue.

#89 Mocgames998

Mocgames998

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 118 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 12:53 AM

License updated, update downloaded and installed, and now I have Studio Pro and Android working =)

???

It looks like I can finally put something here, before the GMC goes down:

Spoiler

#90 Lonewolff

Lonewolff

Permanent Resident

• GMC Member
  • 3517 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 12:59 AM

License updated, update downloaded and installed, and now I have Studio Pro and Android working =)

Out of interest do you have Mac and Ubuntu as a result also?

#91 fetito666

fetito666

Braaaaaaaaaaaaains!

• GMC Member
  • 81 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 01:11 AM

Does the Android plugin also get activated? I cannot buy any free stuff for the Android plugin on the market. *blush*

#92 barley27

barley27

GMC Member

• 2 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 01:27 AM

Sorry to sound noobish... but how do we actually know the android plugin is working? I have never published anything before..

#93 Lonewolff

Lonewolff

Permanent Resident

• GMC Member
  • 3517 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 01:33 AM

Sorry to sound noobish... but how do we actually know the android plugin is working? I have never published anything before..

If you select it in the 'target' dropdown box and it doesn't prompt you to buy it, then it is working :)

#94 eyezik

eyezik

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 141 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 01:40 AM

If you select it in the 'target' dropdown box and it doesn't prompt you to buy it, then it is working :)

This isnt entirely true anymore. I can select android on my end(without havingvalidated my key yet) doesnt prompt me to purchase,BUT wont allow creating application either.

I fear we wont know its working until ALL issues have been fixed.
Adding the new server almost seemsto have added additional bugs/quarky behavior

#95 Lonewolff

Lonewolff

Permanent Resident

• GMC Member
  • 3517 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 01:48 AM

If that is the case, then Help > About GameMaker.

It should be listed in the installed modules.

#96 Atros

Atros

GMC Member

• 6 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 01:50 AM

I got the GM:S working using a license from email recovery, but i still cant redeem my android module code since my professional license  dont get updated nor viwed on the website.

Any help ?

#97 TehGuyz

TehGuyz

GMC Member

• 12 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 01:51 AM

This isnt entirely true anymore. I can select android on my end(without havingvalidated my key yet) doesnt prompt me to purchase,BUT wont allow creating application either.

I believe Pro will let you test Android games on a device, but will keep you from actually getting an .apk out of it without the license attached

Edited by TehGuyz, 23 September 2015 - 01:52 AM.

#98 nanocosmo

nanocosmo

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 01:54 AM

I have been able to add my Humble Bundle Android extension key to my account on the Yoyo website. Now I've followed eyezik's instructions (start GMS, pick Android as target). This prompted me to log into my Yoyo account, activated my licence, restarted and the Android package downloaded. I am now able to pick Android as a target, though I cannot try it right now.

Edited by nanocosmo, 23 September 2015 - 01:58 AM.

#99 GreenKnight

GreenKnight

GMC Member

• 3 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 03:22 AM

So I got the $12 Humble Bundle and sent in my humble code before the site went down..

Now, just like before I still get a "You appear to have no license attached to this account" error.

Also if I try and redeem my code again it will say that it has already been redeemed.

#100 fetito666

fetito666

Braaaaaaaaaaaaains!

• GMC Member
  • 81 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 03:43 AM

Maybe you should contact customer support.