Photo

Updates regarding server & licensing situation (Updated 21/09 17:19 BST)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
329 replies to this topic

#51 DHE alpha six

DHE alpha six

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 20 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 21 September 2015 - 12:43 AM

thanks for the update Shaun, really appreciate it. hope y'all can get it resolved soon! looking forward to eventually upgrading to the latest stable version. <3

8KQpHCN.png

~ now available direct (itch.io) or on Steam (Early Access) ~

full release coming October / November 2015

[alpha six productions] | [TRONMAXIMUM.net]

#52 anotherday

anotherday

GMC Member

• 19 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 01:02 AM

When are you gonna make another tutorial Shaun ?  :lol:

#53 BenRK

BenRK

Now in high-definition!

• GMC Member
  • 855 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 02:37 AM

I seriously hope those throwing fits over the server issue are just a vocal minority... I really don't want the community to be flooded with that...

#54 icuurd12b42

icuurd12b42

Self Formed Sentient

• GMC Elder
  • 18181 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 02:45 AM

I seriously hope those throwing fits over the server issue are just a vocal minority... I really don't want the community to be flooded with that...

It's a few over 50000. BUT it's all the ones that you don't hear about that I am concerned about, you know how many games and apps I got on Humble Bundle that got me going "This dont work... Ah well NEXT". Them potential users may have turned into ghost purchases real fast.

gmcbanner.pnggmcbanner_tools.png

ICU Live Tutoring Through Slack or Skype | My Tools Page follow.png

I FRANTICALLY MADE MY 18000 POST TOPIC BEFORE MIKE ANNOUNCED A DELAY...
Now I'm squirming not to hit that reply button

#55 Pinko_Scum

Pinko_Scum

GMC Member

• 5 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 02:46 AM

Literally all I see is just the same thing being said over and over again. These topics should just be locked and there should be a topic that NOBODY can reply too and is solely for updates from YYG letting us know what's going on. This is the worst case of beating a dead horse I have EVER seen.

Yeah, exactly. People need to calm down.Yes, it sucks, but it will be fixed. I'm sure nobody is going to die because they have to wait a few days to get everything up and going again.

I just got $450 of software for $12 I can afford a wee bit of patience.

#56 CodeK9

CodeK9

GMC Member

• 9 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 03:01 AM

Literally all I see is just the same thing being said over and over again. These topics should just be locked and there should be a topic that NOBODY can reply too and is solely for updates from YYG letting us know what's going on. This is the worst case of beating a dead horse I have EVER seen.

Yeah, exactly. People need to calm down.Yes, it sucks, but it will be fixed. I'm sure nobody is going to die because they have to wait a few days to get everything up and going again.

I agree, but I can also see why people who paid full price and people who are currently developing games and can't get back to work would be a little worked up. At the end of the day though being angry and offering nothing but negativity definitely isn't helping anyone.

We should be critical of YYG if they mess up, but not to the point where it seems like we've got nothing better to do than rant and aren't offering any constructive criticism. 

By the way this isn't aimed at anyone in particular, nor was I referring to everyone that had complaints.
This is based on observations I've made over the past few days in the forums.

Edited by CodeK9, 21 September 2015 - 03:03 AM.

#57 zbox

zbox

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 2618 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 21 September 2015 - 03:15 AM

Great for you. Everyone else who payed $800 for supposed "professional" software is not as happy. People need to stop sympathizing this sort of event, which parallels can be drawn with many other of the things like ages-old bugs never being fixed, poor support and general sloppiness when it comes to building the GMS 1.x product people ACTUALLY paid for originally and have not been delivered on promises that have been made, and start treating it as what they sell it as. A professional piece of software. The mentality that as a community we need to work with YYG to make this a better... not even better, just a functional product is ridiculous, and might have been acceptable back in the days of < GM8.1, but no longer suits the money making business model they are following, which I have no problem with, but there are two ends of the deal that need to be upheld there. Think of products like the adobe suite, autodesk, all these sorts of things, used by industry professionals, these sort of fiascos either simply don't happen or are mitigated and are never heard of again, rather than being an ongoing saga of poor communication and taking the least/easiest way out.

Sorry, just sick of having such an unreliable product. Plain and simple. The guy who got heavily downvoted at the beginning of this thread was pretty much on-point... YYG DO have a poor track record in most of those fields, and it has been like that since day 1, I've been around here long enough to know pre-YYG days. Don't downrep people because you feel like you owe some kind of allegiance to a company the handles their software and relations in such a poor manner. Maybe take a second to step back and think about it and go, you know what, this is actually unprofessional, this is indeed a problem.

#58 Lonewolff

Lonewolff

Permanent Resident

• GMC Member
  • 3517 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 03:20 AM

Is this really affecting existing users though?

I have been using GMS since the sale started. Granted, I am getting messages on startup that I need to click past. But after three clicks I am in and plugging away at my project.

#59 zbox

zbox

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 2618 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 03:23 AM

I have been using GMS since the sale started. Granted, I am getting messages on startup that I need to click past. But after three clicks I am in and plugging away at my project.

Well, I think it is just revealing of bigger underlying problems that YYG has structurally that sort of leaks out and affects people every now and then in the immediate sense, and slowly over time with the building of 1.x.

And it's also affecting me because apparently now isn't a great time to uninstall and try to install an older version because of things that arent working in the latest one that dont get fixed due to the same problem of promising too much and not being able to deliver.

#60 Lonewolff

Lonewolff

Permanent Resident

• GMC Member
  • 3517 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 03:26 AM

@zbox - yeah, reinstalling could be troublesome right now.

At worst, you still have the Steam fallback option.

#61 zbox

zbox

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 2618 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 03:37 AM

Mmm... I would rather get what I payed for working though than needing a workaround. But thanks for the solution. 

#62 Lonewolff

Lonewolff

Permanent Resident

• GMC Member
  • 3517 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 03:40 AM

Mmm... I would rather get what I payed for working though than needing a workaround. But thanks for the solution.

So would everyone, but there is a problem at the moment. So, workarounds is all anyone has at this stage.

#63 NakedPaulToast

NakedPaulToast

GM Studio/Mac/Win

• GMC Member
  • 8808 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 03:57 AM

Just dropping a note to share:

• I'm a Master Collection owner
  • I'm an YoYo RPG owner, but don't own any of the YoYo RPG expansion packs
  • I'm not experiencing any technical issues because:
  • I learned a long time ago that just because an update comes out, you don't have to upgrade instantly. Wait a bit to see if there are any issues, especially if your current usage is mission critical.

• I'm in no hurry to get what's included that I don't have already. I've gone years without it, I just don't see the point of getting so wound up over a a few more days.

So even though a lot of this bundle I have, or won't use, I'm interested in responding to YYGs exceedingly generous offer by supporting it with my wallet.

It's unfortunate that things haven't gone as smooth as we would have liked, but that's part of being in the tech industry.

Good Luck with the rest of the Humble Bundle promotion and your hard work attempting to resolve the technical issues is noted and appreciated, at least by me.

Edited by NakedPaulToast, 21 September 2015 - 03:58 AM.

If the Bible truly is inspired by God, you would think that somebody as omnipotent and all-knowing would have known to get his message out using TCP instead of UDP.

#64 Niandra_

Niandra_

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 26 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 03:59 AM

I bought the bundle but already own the Pro version, since I wanted the android module

If I try redeeming the android module on it's own, I'm brought to a white/blank page - will I essentially need to wait for license viewing to come back so I can redeem it?

#65 kupo15

kupo15

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1032 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 04:00 AM

Its affecting me. I did a fresh install not thinking there was a server error and thought it would solve the update problem and now I can't even get in to work on my game. I've managed to validate my license but its not saved and had to do it again.

I have tried a workaround and got to a point where the game loaded but I couldn't compile or test the game. Also if GM forgets my license it won't open because I use Pro features and it forgot my validation. At this point I would rather wait until everything is settled and I get everything properly installed before I edit and save my file

** LIKE us on Facebook!** Follow us on Twitter!

V9H3pw5.gif  35kie7q.jpg
Click for more combos!

Spoiler

#66 M1k3ol

M1k3ol

GMC Member

• 16 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 04:55 AM

It's a few over 50000. BUT it's all the ones that you don't hear about that I am concerned about, you know how many games and apps I got on Humble Bundle that got me going "This dont work... Ah well NEXT". Them potential users may have turned into ghost purchases real fast.

ah I was thinking about this, yeah...I wonder how this is actually hurting, specially for the ones that couldn't find a STEAM key for the software and just walked away immediately...

#67 DracoHandsome

DracoHandsome

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 29 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 04:57 AM

I'm not sure if Yoyo Games has made any distinct progress in resolving the issue, but the site abruptly became much more responsive for me and I was able to submit my voucher successfully.

The future looks bright!

#68 M1k3ol

M1k3ol

GMC Member

• 16 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 05:02 AM

that was the case an hour ago, right now it's back to the same things for me...

(getting the "we're sorry..." message)

Edited by M1k3ol, 21 September 2015 - 05:03 AM.

#69 oddbob0

oddbob0

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 114 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 05:06 AM

As someone shipping games with GM:S 'as a professional', I find the idea that GM isn't functional kinda funny. Sure, it gets broken a lot from revision to revision but most crucial stuff which can be fixed gets fixed in good time. I've been a long standing vocal critic of YoYo at their worst but as much as there is plenty of room for improvement, I'm very happy with how things are going at the moment. It's not perfect but none of the tools I use are.

I can only assume that anyone who compares this sort of regular update and feature-add schedule to Adobe has never used Photoshop or something in anger. I remember the years where just having photoshop running in the background disabled the escape key and stepping backwards *still* has an awful habit of selecting a different layer to work on. And let's not talk about the gradient editor. So many frustrating things that Adobe don't address and I think this goes for just about every major piece of software. What helps them weather the storm is that they're big enough, have money enough and enough of a PR front to weather the storm rather than they're necessarily more responsive or better at fixing things, y'know?

And other tools I use, take Cosmigo's Pro Motion for pixel art where there's long standing bugs there for ooh, since the last update which was, ummm, 3 years ago now.

I don't think there's a single piece of software I use (maybe Hexels? But that doesn't do much in the grand scheme of things so...) that doesn't have long standing bugs or broken bits that go unaddressed for years. That the turnover for updates with GM is so regular and across a number of channels is pretty OK and the communication with YoYo is, when you don't shout at them, pretty damn good by any companies standards. And that so much does get fixed, adjusted and useful features constantly added, I dunno. Maybe it's just me being old and chill these days but even when things like the tree structure throwing a wobbly for a whole revision happens, it's at worst a minor irritation.

Would I like things to be better? Course I would. Do I think GM is in some sort of disasterous state that constantly falls apart and isn't worth the money or that YoYo keep messing everything up all the time? To be honest, no I don't. I'm amazed these days at what YoYo are squeezing into this old box and I know that the future is pretty cool too. I appreciate it has problems, some of them quite large bloody problems too (some of them just minor irritations like flicking between two versions for console and PC dev) but the day I stop sympathising with folks when something goes wrong is the day I stop being a functional human being. Maybe this is jus being around tech so long though, yeah? I mean I released a game on Steam last week and that went to crap for an hour. All the money and all the staff and all the tech Valve have, the biggest PC games store and something still broke! I didn't shout or scream though, I just grabbed a burger and fries and sat back and had a back and forth with support until we got things fixed.

I guess what I'm recommending here is just being a bit more chill and accepting that things go wrong, yeah? (Also, I'm vastly more accepting of this because I'm looking forward to what the new folks who are playing with GM for the first time come up with. I'll take a few days license server downtime if it means we get more people into this here business/hobby lark)

Edited by oddbob0, 21 September 2015 - 05:25 AM.

Albert Einstein was a ladies man, whilst he was working on his universal plan...

#70 fetito666

fetito666

Braaaaaaaaaaaaains!

• GMC Member
  • 81 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 05:12 AM

Well, I bought the HB version too, but I can wait. I am just sorry for the people that already own a licence and cannot work on their already existing stuff.

Anyway, we need more good vibes instead of bashing YYG.  :rolleyes: How can I give positive reputation points to nice people?

Edited by fetito666, 21 September 2015 - 05:12 AM.

#71 M1k3ol

M1k3ol

GMC Member

• 16 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 05:14 AM

well, I'm just a hobbyist, but you never know, sometimes it's just a case of having the right tool (which doesn't need to be the best one) to accomplish what you're looking for...or more...

#72 zbox

zbox

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 2618 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 05:49 AM

Oddbob I'll take your post as a reply to mine even though you don't explicitly mention it.

As someone shipping games with GM:S 'as a professional', I find the idea that GM isn't functional kinda funny. Sure, it gets broken a lot from revision to revision but most crucial stuff which can be fixed gets fixed in good time.oddbob0, on 21 Sept 2015 - 2:52 PM, said:

This is simply not true. I don't want to go and dig up every specific instance, but there have been almost half year periods where things have not been fixed that are instrumental to creating a finished product, Advertising extensions as an example. Things like tizen which has a million incompatablilites and amazon store which are, as of last time I recently checked on the YYG homepage, being advertised as features despite being not implemented at all.

I can only assume that anyone who compares this sort of regular update and feature-add schedule to Adobe has never used Photoshop or something in anger.

Of Course it's in anger. I'm pissed that something that has similar license fees to that sort of high end professional software disrespects its user base by treating it as a constant beta. Just because I'm annoyed about it doesn't make it illogical.

remember the years where just having photoshop running in the background disabled the escape key and stepping backwards *still* has an awful habit of selecting a different layer to work on. And let's not talk about the gradient editor. So many frustrating things that Adobe don't address and I think this goes for just about every major piece of software. What helps them weather the storm is that they're big enough, have money enough and enough of a PR front to weather the storm rather than they're necessarily more responsive or better at fixing things, y'know?

That doesnt stop you from making a final product. I am talking about features YYG advertises and that are purchasing points to the package that simply do not function or are incompatible with X for some reason

And other tools I use, take Cosmigo's Pro Motion for pixel art where there's long standing bugs there for ooh, since the last update which was, ummm, 3 years ago now.

Sounds pretty discontinued to me. Two wrongs don't make a right  :mellow:

I didn't shout or scream though, I just grabbed a burger and fries and sat back and had a back and forth with support until we got things fixed. I guess what I'm recommending here is just being a bit more chill and accepting that things go wrong, yeah?
You handle your affairs how you want - to me, time is money, and I don't like having my time or money wasted.

And dont get me wrong Im not having a go at the devs - Like I said in my previous post, this is down to poor management, communication, and as far as I can see straight out greed. If you can't deliver, don't promise. That's what consumer laws exist for.

Edited by zbox, 21 September 2015 - 05:56 AM.

#73 Leafen

Leafen

Love storm! <3

• GMC Member
  • 662 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 05:52 AM

I would like to see an offline license validator right now.

#74 Lonewolff

Lonewolff

Permanent Resident

• GMC Member
  • 3517 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 06:00 AM

keep_calm_and_call_batman_by_koboot-d312

Edited by Lonewolff, 21 September 2015 - 06:03 AM.

#75 zbox

zbox

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 2618 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 06:02 AM

@Lonewolff haha no I don't remember saying that! Maybe someone else :P?

#76 ElectroBOX

ElectroBOX

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 56 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 06:03 AM

Well, I bought the HB version too, but I can wait. I am just sorry for the people that already own a licence and cannot work on their already existing stuff.

Anyway, we need more good vibes instead of bashing YYG.  :rolleyes: How can I give positive reputation points to nice people?

You're granted that ability on your 20th post.  Take note, you can only give a certain amount of positive and negative rep points per day.  I think its 5 for each.  I'm not sure if that daily limit is increased based on amount of posts though.

#77 Lonewolff

Lonewolff

Permanent Resident

• GMC Member
  • 3517 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 06:03 AM

@Lonewolff haha no I don't remember saying that! Maybe someone else :P?

LOL - you got in before the edit. It was someone else :P

#78 fetito666

fetito666

Braaaaaaaaaaaaains!

• GMC Member
  • 81 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 06:07 AM

You're granted that ability on your 20th post.  Take note, you can only give a certain amount of positive and negative rep points per day.  I think its 5 for each.  I'm not sure if that daily limit is increased based on amount of posts though.

Thanks! Let's all wait until it's monday and see if the servers are back up.

#79 bilisten

bilisten

GMC Member

• 1 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 06:30 AM

I cant even install GM Studio :( (using Win 10 64-bit btw)

All i get is this:

Yoyo_error.jpg

Edited by bilisten, 21 September 2015 - 06:31 AM.

#80 JamesL

JamesL

GMC Member

• 2 posts
  • Version:GM8.1

Posted 21 September 2015 - 06:41 AM

There is a very old piece of our database which we had overlooked which is causing the bottleneck and which is very difficult to quickly change.

The pressure from the bundle is what exposed this flaw to us, unfortunately at the very worst of times.

..  letting a known problem continue 

do you know the meaning of the word "exposed" ?

#81 oddbob0

oddbob0

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 114 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 07:01 AM

Stuff

When I say 'used in anger' I don't mean 'get very angry at a thing', I mean use it all day and every day because if you did, you'd probably have a very different view of Adobe's high end software and bugfixing. And that's with infinity more money and staff flowing round the company than YoYo have access to even under their new paymasters. What I'm hinting at here is that if you think GM is exceptionally bad here, I've got some news for you. To top it all off, since Adobe have moved to Creative Cloud features appear and disappear, functionality also. And some stuff flat out hasn't changed in years and really needs too.

Grass is greener, man. You're complaining about somethings not fixed for six months and comparing it to a company that doesn't fix stuff in six years and the six year one is supposed to be the better here.

But it's a bogus comparison anyway. What GM does as software isn't comparable to an art package, it's not comparable to a 3d art package either. And in no excusing GM's flaws territory, nothing Adobe do is trying to be welded into an old Delphi based IDE by a tiny team either. (And it might not be to a timescale of your liking but this is being remedied so...)

I don't think there's a single person either on this forum or *at YoYo* who doesn't know that things could be better but it's just not this terrible thing you're making out. And to be honest, if you're this disatisfied with some software I would recommend moving on to one of the other choices. If your time is money and so precious to you, I don't understand why you'd put up with these frustrations. I'd have jumped ship and scarpered long ago over to Unity or Unreal or Construct or...

And don't get me wrong, there's been times when I've been tempted but that I can sit here on my bumhole and ship to consoles, ship to Steam, with a bit of assistance from chums put stuff out on mobile too and have GM do so much more of the heavy lifting than -anything- else out there means that it's a question of balance. Sure, time is money for me too but I'm able to weigh up the time GM saves me in enabling to do stuff vs time it irritates me and fall on the right side of it.

Like, if you want to talk time and money being able to have a desktop build running smoothly on a handheld in 20 minutes? That's time and money. I value that.

Now as I say, whether this is down to me being older and more chill these days, I don't know. I don't think so though, I'm very happy to have a piece of software that enables me to do stuff in this way and I kinda don't appreciate the by-proxy argument that everyone with Master is fed up. I'm not, argue for yourself and your own corner but please don't speak for me, right?

Sounds pretty discontinued to me. Two wrongs don't make a right
Well, no. It isn't. It's just wrote by one man and develoment takes time, money and effort. I brought up PM because it's a fairly industry standard piece of software and not everything 'professional' is all rosy. But yeah, also that small teams don't have the resources of Adobe or Autodesk. If and when Gamemaker does then we can probably compare. Whilst YoYo aren't one man, they're still a very small team and they're punching well above their weight with what GM does and is.

Again, not excusing its flaws, just trying to put things into clearer perspective re the entire rest of the industry. I wish more software had the support and update schedule GM does. But also, I'd agree with anyone who asks for a stable channel to be a bit more stable too.
Albert Einstein was a ladies man, whilst he was working on his universal plan...

#82 zearid

zearid

GMC Member

• 12 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 07:18 AM

Good thing - YYT work on this and try repair it.
Bad thing - all ppl with non-HB licence have problems. If someone reinstall system and want to install GMS just can't. No option to get keys, no option to login via GMS for licensing.
It's kinda sad. Big professional company and stuck on little event ;]
Only what we can do now is waiting and try redeem/login/recover key time to time to see work or not.
This promo (HB) it's epic. 12$ for android export + U got linux if U have older Pro version ;]

#83 LucidDweomer

LucidDweomer

GMC Member

• 1 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 07:31 AM

Thanks for the update!   Sure, it's frustrating, but I know how frustrating it is from your side too; these things aren't easy or quick to fix, and even less so when it's constantly being hammered. I was hoping to use the software this weekend with a course I just purchased, but can't as I need to sign in on first use and it can't currently.

These things happen - I'll just give it until later in the week  ^_^ It's not like the code is going to expire.  

#84 Trus

Trus

GMC Member

• 15 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 07:35 AM

I'm extremely not happy.

Edited by Trus, 21 September 2015 - 07:37 AM.

#85 Lonewolff

Lonewolff

Permanent Resident

• GMC Member
  • 3517 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 07:53 AM

I'm extremely not happy. :lol:

#86 VampyreDude

VampyreDude

GMC Member

• 4 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 08:03 AM

In the process of waiting for this to be resolved, I wrote all of the essays I have due within a month of today. Thank you YoYoGames for making me productive, and thank you for producing such an amazing program, even if it does crash and burn every once and a while. Unlike other programs, it at least has a good team willing to put in the work to extinguish said fire.

#87 Carnivac

Carnivac

The Hunter

• GMC Member
  • 3300 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 08:30 AM

The irony is that I will probably never use this software for any serious development, good job it was only £7.95 but on the other hand that money could have been better spent on the unity asset store.

Is that how much it works out as in british pounds?   I already own GM:S and the Android module but I may as well buy the bundle for the games and the source codes too.  I may learn something new from them.   :)

#88 CodeK9

CodeK9

GMC Member

• 9 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 09:12 AM

I bought the bundle but already own the Pro version, since I wanted the android module

If I try redeeming the android module on it's own, I'm brought to a white/blank page - will I essentially need to wait for license viewing to come back so I can redeem it?

Yup! Unfortunately you'll just have to wait until things get back in order. 

#89 Grimbarian

Grimbarian

GMC Member

• 2 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 10:51 AM

Obviously with my brand new status I'm one of those new users who've come to GameMaker through the Humble Bundle - just wanted to say thanks for the update on where you're at. 

Look forward to when the issues are resolved and getting to have a go with this software - I've introduced myself here.

"Withhold no sacrifice, grudge no toil, seek no sordid gain, fear no foe."

#90 paul23

paul23

GMC Member

• Global Moderators
  • 4147 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 10:54 AM

• I learned a long time ago that just because an update comes out, you don't have to upgrade instantly. Wait a bit to see if there are any issues, especially if your current usage is mission critical.

• I'm in no hurry to get what's included that I don't have already. I've gone years without it, I just don't see the point of getting so wound up over a a few more days.

So even though a lot of this bundle I have, or won't use, I'm interested in responding to YYGs exceedingly generous offer by supporting it with my wallet.

It's unfortunate that things haven't gone as smooth as we would have liked, but that's part of being in the tech industry.

Good Luck with the rest of the Humble Bundle promotion and your hard work attempting to resolve the technical issues is noted and appreciated, at least by me.

Yet think about those who have already happily been working with gamemaker, But require a new validation (or in my case, a clean install after a new laptop). They are negatively impacted by something they don't have any profit nor any reason to see.

#91 deaddeni

deaddeni

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 32 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 11:05 AM

Yet think about those who have already happily been working with gamemaker, But require a new validation (or in my case, a clean install after a new laptop). They are negatively impacted by something they don't have any profit nor any reason to see.

This world is a crappy one because everyone is thinking about themselves, YoYo has some problems and they are solving it, people complaining about it won't achieve anything with it, have some understanding (they aren't doing this on purpose or to piss off users, it just happened).. Just be patient, I'm sure they'll fix it as soon as possible.. YoYo, thumbs up for the bundle, keep with good work and ignore those tearful comments..

#92 Carnivac

Carnivac

The Hunter

• GMC Member
  • 3300 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 11:32 AM

Is that how much it works out as in british pounds?   I already own GM:S and the Android module but I may as well buy the bundle for the games and the source codes too.  I may learn something new from them.   :)

Thats what it costs using paypals exchange rate, you might as well get it then sell the GM and Android vouchers on ebay if you dont need them

Today it cost me 1 penny more than it cost you!  Oh I am so furious.  I have been ripped off.  Give me my penny back!  (me kidding.. I don't even like copper coins in the real life, always putting my 1 and 2 pence pieces in the charity pots at shops)  :)

Is that legal to sell those codes?  I think it's against terms and conditions somewhere.

#93 paul23

paul23

GMC Member

• Global Moderators
  • 4147 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 11:35 AM

Just be patient

The solution isn't to wait: it's up to yoyogames to prevent it: for example if the server is down, a temporary one time license is added which allows for registration until the server gives a green light "uptime"  again. Customers shouldn't become the victim of DRM in any shape. Yoyogames nowadays has a very solid DRM which hardly ever crashes: but crashes are still worst.

Now I don't use gamemaker in any professional setting: but yoyogames likes to show it's capabilities in that setting and likes to show that it is capable of drawing that crowd. These problems are however terrible with that goal in mind, professionals can't "just wait". For example if I have deliver a poster I use inDesign to make it quite clear an clean. However each project at our university takes about 4-5 months, then you won't have any data for the poster up to the very last week, probably the last 2 days. It is total stress to put the poster together and deliver in time.

Now imagine what would happen if inDesign suddenly stopped working for a week, or if I can't install inDesign anymore when I need it?

I would fail the course and have to repeat it next year.

Sorry but the professional world can't "just wait". And having such simple problems happen at seemingly (from an already existing customers pov) randomly, this is just a direct attack on yoyogames' goal to get into that market. I now know I can't expect gamemaker to always be there and I won't be using it for critical applications.

#94 enestdr

enestdr

GMC Member

• 2 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 11:38 AM

can we redeem the humble codes after the campaign is over?

#95 ShaunS

ShaunS

Community Manager

• YoYo Games Staff
  • 215 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 11:39 AM

Yes. They will not expire.

Community Manager for YoYo Games. Sometimes known to make video games. Streams nonsense at twitch.tv/shaunjsTweets nonsense at @shaunspalding.

-S

#96 enestdr

enestdr

GMC Member

• 2 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 11:41 AM

Yes. They will not expire.

Thank you  ^_^

#97 TsukaYuriko

TsukaYuriko

Remember... and never forget

• Global Moderators
  • 9535 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 11:46 AM

Is that legal to sell those codes?  I think it's against terms and conditions somewhere.

Perfectly legal, since they're just vouchers, not actual license keys. http://gmc.yoyogames...76148&p=4874901

yBGBXQa.pngmWOQbeq.png

#98 Carnivac

Carnivac

The Hunter

• GMC Member
  • 3300 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 11:51 AM

Perfectly legal, since they're just vouchers, not actual license keys. http://gmc.yoyogames...76148&p=4874901

Oh.. really?  What's to stop someone buying lots during the bundle period than selling them on higher afterwards?  I don't understand.

#99 ariluoma

ariluoma

GMC Member

• 3 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 11:55 AM

Hi. Any ETC or progression status regarding this situation?

#100 TsukaYuriko

TsukaYuriko

Remember... and never forget

• Global Moderators
  • 9535 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 11:58 AM

Oh.. really?  What's to stop someone buying lots during the bundle period than selling them on higher afterwards?  I don't understand.

Nothing apart from potentially-present morals. If YoYo didn't want people to do something like that, they wouldn't have literally told us to do whatever we want with them.

yBGBXQa.pngmWOQbeq.png