Photo

Humble Weekly Bundle: Play and Create with GameMaker!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
316 replies to this topic

#301 Nocturne

Nocturne

Nocturne Games

• Administrators
  • 25708 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 20 September 2015 - 06:43 PM

52.5k purchases so far..... That's some pretty impressive sales figures :)

16k ram pack

Sigh... Please keep the posts on-topic. I mean, really, how petty can you get posting the same "funny" comment three times (I deleted the previous two)? Bating the mods isn't the way to get people to listen to your grievance so please give it a rest... I'm trying to be nice about it as I perfectly understand people's frustration, and I know that if I ban you you'll just make another account, so why not save us all the hassle and just be respectful and stop posting off-topic nonsense?

U1FVsm3.png

40799.png

#302 Kingdom Of Gamez

Kingdom Of Gamez

Rectangle Face

• GMC Member
  • 171 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 06:57 PM

Sigh... Please keep the posts on-topic. I mean, really, how petty can you get posting the same "funny" comment three times (I deleted the previous two)? Bating the mods isn't the way to get people to listen to your grievance so please give it a rest... I'm trying to be nice about it as I perfectly understand people's frustration, and I know that if I ban you you'll just make another account, so why not save us all the hassle and just be respectful and stop posting off-topic nonsense?

It gives people something to smile about not bating the mods at all, it is on topic as it relates to the HB offer and its problems.
Dont worry though I have a cracking 'funny' joke just waiting to be posted, laughs guaranteed.

Hey,,,Buddy , Nocturne is right stop posting this sh*tty posts or you will get banned from the forum , also your Un-respectable Profile pic about YoYo Games make me sick , Yo Yo games will fix this problem as long as there aren't bad trolls here...

#303 DracoHandsome

DracoHandsome

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 29 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 07:01 PM

It gives people something to smile about not bating the mods at all, it is on topic as it relates to the HB offer and its problems.

Dont worry though I have a cracking 'funny' joke just waiting to be posted, laughs guaranteed.

Considering that the administrators and moderators believe that you're baiting them, and your posts are being deleted for this reason, perhaps you should reconsider that whole "what no I'm not baiting the mods" thing.

#304 Lukan Spellweaver

Lukan Spellweaver

Gay Wizard Freak & mcmonkey's plaything

• GMC Member
  • 3704 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 07:03 PM

This topic is for helping people with and discussing the amazing thing that is the Humble Bundle deal.

Not for satirical imagery, bashing the company, or any other nonsense. 

If you have a specific issue that has not been addressed in this topic, please post said issue and wait for responses on it.

Otherwise, please refrain from posting unless it is directly to do with the deal on Humble Bundle.

The guys at YoYo are hard at work to rectify the server problems. Poking fun is okay in moderation, but every one of your posts has been that to the point of being spam.

DeEuDARh.pngi1SR21Q.png

Find me on Itch.io | GameJolt | YouTube | Twitter | Facebook | Website | Ask.FM

GMC Google Hangout | I liek monkehs

The GMC, here lies she. Kicked to the curb, with nary a word. She shall live on, though. Remain strong, bros.

Also: MIKE DAILLY TOLD ME TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE

#305 Lemon Pie

Lemon Pie

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 196 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 07:05 PM

52.5k purchases so far..... That's some pretty impressive sales figures  :)

The average purchase amount is (as of writing) $11.32

Assuming that most people didn't customize how much went to each organization, then that's about $7.36 per purchase.

There have been about 52,800 bundles currently sold
Cuz I can mathz that means YYG has made about $388,600

#306 crispy78

crispy78

GMC Member

• 2 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 07:14 PM

While I am extremely frustrated with all the problems I have had since Friday morning trying to use this amazing piece of software I still think it looks really awesome, I have been using the free version on steam while these problems get sorted and so far this piece of software is going to save me so much time and effort making indie games and all I can say is please hurry up and sort these problem out I want to get going.

#307 Kingdom Of Gamez

Kingdom Of Gamez

Rectangle Face

• GMC Member
  • 171 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 07:17 PM

It is OK for me I can do something else like web development or using GM8 , listening to TryHardNinja and feeling good...

#308 DosBuster

DosBuster

GMC Member

• 6 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 07:22 PM

just use this time to design games or something

#309 Menelaus

Menelaus

GMC Member

• 17 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 20 September 2015 - 07:27 PM

Been trying for hours again today, this is 4 days now.

http://postimg.org/image/dfmwkx0oh/

I've wasted FAR too much time on this fiasco now, I've deleted all the files and have emailed humble bundle for a refund, no..  its not about the money at all. its the principle.  If Yoyo are THIS incompetent then I don't even want to use their software.

Goodbye

Edit: I just read the above tweet.. "a few weeks"?  LOL  utterly pitiful, I'm glad I'm gone. 

Edited by Menelaus, 20 September 2015 - 07:29 PM.

#310 Gawain The Blind

Gawain The Blind

GMC Member

• 2 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 07:31 PM

I've wasted FAR too much time on this fiasco now, I've deleted all the files and have emailed humble bundle for a refund, no..  its not about the money at all. its the principle.  If Yoyo are THIS incompetent then I don't even want to use their software.

Goodbye

Lol. This dude has never used a web service before that had a sudden influx of customers.

I find the whole thing kind of funny, really. I wonder if they just didn't expect these kind of numbers, or they DID expect it, and the hardware just wasn't up to it.

"YYG Humble Bundle: Like an MMO on launch day."

#311 thomas130

thomas130

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 29 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 07:32 PM

Goodbye

Edit: I just read the above tweet.. "a few weeks"?  LOL  utterly pitiful, I'm glad I'm gone. 

I would probably give them until Monday

It has been the weekend if they can't fix by Monday night it would have been 5 days and then serious questions would have to ask.

Edited by thomas130, 20 September 2015 - 07:33 PM.

#312 nanocosmo

nanocosmo

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 20 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 07:34 PM

Goodbye

It's not a real tweet.

#313 ShaunS

ShaunS

Community Manager

• YoYo Games Staff
  • 215 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 07:45 PM

(Copied from other announcement thread.)

Hey guys, an update for those of you still struggling to redeem bundle codes / activate licenses etc.

While we're now much closer to a solution than before, unfortunately the problem is unlikely to be resolved tonight. We're still working hard and we've enlisted expert help from Playtech. The problem is unfortunately not as simple as web capacity that can be easily scaled/increased. There is a very old piece of our database which we had overlooked which is causing the bottleneck and which is very difficult to quickly change.

The pressure from the bundle is what exposed this flaw to us, unfortunately at the very worst of times.

We ask that for everybody's benefit, to please be patient and to not refresh or attempt to update/validate software at this time unless absolutely necessary as this adds more pressure to the bottleneck. This is especially true for redeeming the android module, as this is not needed to test or run games on Android using GMS:Pro, merely to export the final application.

We still wish to promote the Bundle in the meantime, due to the great efforts invested in its success not only by us but by the many game developers participating and we want as many people as possible to be able to take part in what we believe to be a fantastic and rare opportunity, despite the long waits faced in order to make full use of it.

Once again, I want to extend our apologies to everyone affected by this issue and reiterate that codes from the bundle will NOT expire.

Community Manager for YoYo Games. Sometimes known to make video games. Streams nonsense at twitch.tv/shaunjsTweets nonsense at @shaunspalding.

-S

#314 seaking177

seaking177

GMC Member

• 9 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 07:47 PM

not sure how many of you guys care about TAS projects, but PackSciences is working on a TAS tool for all the source released games

http://gmc.yoyogames...howtopic=676356

^ that is honestly ****ing awesome!

#315 Kingdom Of Gamez

Kingdom Of Gamez

Rectangle Face

• GMC Member
  • 171 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 07:48 PM

Hey guys, an update for those of you still struggling to redeem bundle codes / activate licenses etc.

While we're now much closer to a solution than before, unfortunately the problem is unlikely to be resolved tonight. We're still working hard and we've enlisted expert help from Playtech. The problem is unfortunately not as simple as web capacity that can be easily scaled/increased. There is a very old piece of our database which we had overlooked which is causing the bottleneck and which is very difficult to quickly change.

The pressure from the bundle is what exposed this flaw to us, unfortunately at the very worst of times.

We ask that for everybody's benefit, to please be patient and to not refresh or attempt to update/validate software at this time unless absolutely necessary as this adds more pressure to the bottleneck. This is especially true for redeeming the android module, as this is not needed to test or run games on Android using GMS:Pro, merely to export the final application.

We still wish to promote the Bundle in the meantime, due to the great efforts invested in its success not only by us but by the many game developers participating and we want as many people as possible to be able to take part in what we believe to be a fantastic and rare opportunity, despite the long waits faced in order to make full use of it.

Once again, I want to extend our apologies to everyone affected by this issue and reiterate that codes from the bundle will NOT expire.

yay ! I believe on you Yo Yo game and shaun !

#316 kupo15

kupo15

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1032 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 08:25 PM

This issue is very annoying and frustrating, that being said the product still is fantastic...I wouldn't want to code in anywhere else at this stage as its so easy and accessible and powerful. I think its silly to see people say they would rather leave when if they just stick it out a little longer they would be getting a quality product and experience. I just wish they had a little bit of forethought with this especially to their existing users by giving us the update first before humble bundle. 

At the end of the day I know they are doing their best and are trying to figure things out. I'm probably more upset that this issue probably will cost them sales as I want to see Yoyo succeed with their business. Hopefully it gets resolved soon

** LIKE us on Facebook!** Follow us on Twitter!

V9H3pw5.gif  35kie7q.jpg
Click for more combos!

Spoiler

#317 Nocturne

Nocturne

Nocturne Games

• Administrators
  • 25708 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 08:34 PM

Thank you all for participating, and I'm going to close this topic now... given that I've just had to delete a load of pointless chatter I'm left with no choice, since I have already requested twice now politely that people keep their inane comments to themselves and leave this topic for discussing the Bundle. Boo hiss and I'm the bad guy. Sorry.

U1FVsm3.png

40799.png