Photo

Humble Weekly Bundle: Play and Create with GameMaker!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
316 replies to this topic

#1 ShaunS

ShaunS

Community Manager

• YoYo Games Staff
  • 215 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 17 September 2015 - 06:04 PM

09CpwFQ.png

I’m proud to announce that we’re working together with Humble and a selection of fantastic developers to provide you with quite possibly the best ever bundle for indie game developers and especially for GameMaker: Studio users!

Not only are we offering you asset packs, GameMaker: Studio Professional AND the Android Export module, we’re offering you twelve awesome games made with GameMaker and best of all…

...the original source code for every game!

This is a super rare (and in some cases, never before seen!) opportunity to get an insight into exactly how games like Super Crate Box, Savant Ascent and even my own game Another Perspective were made using GameMaker.

This bundle also marks the debut of Death Ray Manta! A fantastic, colourful and intense arena shooter by Rob Fearon!

for more details hit up https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly now! You have one week!

We also now have a bunch of new Q&A forums for every game included in the bundle! See them all HERE and be sure to read the new rules for each board!

Community Manager for YoYo Games. Sometimes known to make video games. Streams nonsense at twitch.tv/shaunjsTweets nonsense at @shaunspalding.

-S

#2 slit8539

slit8539

GMC Member

• 7 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 06:06 PM

so i can pay $12 for an expot modual that cos $299? , and some goes to charity, you got me 

#3 cybereda

cybereda

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 108 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 06:09 PM

Wow

just a random quote : Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced.

#4 JeffJ

JeffJ

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 527 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 06:10 PM

I'm very proud and honored to be part of this great bundle. This really is a cool concept!

Also, I'm the coder on Spoiler Alert, so when you get angry at my spaghetti codebase, direct all hatemail to me.  :whistle:

spoileralertsignature.png     jefftwittersignature.png

#5 Mike.Dailly

Mike.Dailly

Evil YoYo Games Employee

• Administrators
  • 5277 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 06:12 PM

This is a stunning bundle the guys have put together - I wish when I was young and learning, something like this had been around!! Source to actual games!!! :)

#6 eyezik

eyezik

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 141 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 06:17 PM

Wow is right, very nice! But wow....you'll also setup/create how mamy forums for 1week? Ive seen soo many new forum/subforum idea shot down.. Nuntheless cool :)

#7 cybereda

cybereda

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 108 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 06:17 PM

I'm very proud and honored to be part of this great bundle. This really is a cool concept!

Also, I'm the coder on Spoiler Alert, so when you get angry at my spaghetti codebase, direct all hatemail to me.  :whistle:

Haha gotcha

just a random quote : Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced.

#8 Nocturne

Nocturne

Nocturne Games

• Administrators
  • 25708 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 06:28 PM

Wow is right, very nice! But wow....you'll also setup/create how mamy forums for 1week? Ive seen soo many new forum/subforum idea shot down.. Nuntheless cool :)

We expect a lot of new users to come to the ofrums over the next week or so because of this, and due to the very specific nature of their problems, it was decided a unique forum per game would be best. Once everything settles down again, they will be merged into the Programming Q&A topics and the forums removed. :thumbsup:

U1FVsm3.png

40799.png

#9 Nexusrex

Nexusrex

WRYYYY!

• GMC Member
  • 637 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 06:32 PM

Aww, i wish to get it..Sadly i'm too young to have a credit card and none of my parents have credit cards..

#10 eyezik

eyezik

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 141 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 06:34 PM

Once everything settles down again, they will be merged into the Programming Q&A topics and the forums removed. :thumbsup:

Calms down? If this is truely going to be a 'weekly' thing as the title suggests.. Wont be calming down anytime soon. :P
Congrats yoyo on the brilliant marketing move!
Edit: 1k purchases, for 9k moneys. Stellar start :)

Edited by eyezik, 17 September 2015 - 06:39 PM.

#11 carlfxy

carlfxy

GMC Member

• 4 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 06:45 PM

Can you apply for a steam key for the Professional and android modules if I buy those tiers of the bundle so I can use your software on steam ? Thanks

EDIT : thanks I found out from your help pages that you do, thats awesome. 

http://help.yoyogame...with-GameMakerk

Edited by carlfxy, 17 September 2015 - 06:59 PM.

#12 nickydude

nickydude

MadLad Designs

• GMC Member
  • 626 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 06:58 PM

I've just bought this bundle (with the Android module) but having trouble logging into my account to activate the module (yes, I've had one for quite a while, been using GM from version 6!) It gives me the error:

Invaild at the top end of document

Line: 1

HTTP/1.1 502 Bad Gateway

I have the latest GM Pro version - 1.4.1657

Any ideas?

My Specs: Windows 7, 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660,  Intel Core i5 3330 @ 3.00GHz, 8GB Ram.

#13 Nexusrex

Nexusrex

WRYYYY!

• GMC Member
  • 637 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 07:10 PM

Well, i've found Spelunky Classic and L'Abbaye des Morts for free..is that true..Also, do it need Steam account or no?? (and does it need GM:S Pro or no?)

#14 aiat_gamer

aiat_gamer

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 115 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 07:13 PM

I've just bought this bundle (with the Android module) but having trouble logging into my account to activate the module (yes, I've had one for quite a while, been using GM from version 6!) It gives me the error:

HTTP/1.1 502 Bad Gateway

Any ideas?

Same here, I cant log in to https://account.yoyogames.com/, when I launch GM it wants to update but the download fails with an error. I am guessing it is due to lots of people coming in to active their keys?

#15 nickydude

nickydude

MadLad Designs

• GMC Member
  • 626 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 07:16 PM

HTTP/1.1 502 Bad Gateway

Any ideas?

Same here, I cant log in to https://account.yoyogames.com/, when I launch GM it wants to update but the download fails with an error. I am guessing it is due to lots of people coming in to active their keys?

Yeah, that was my first thought too. We'll just have to wait and see! :)

My Specs: Windows 7, 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660,  Intel Core i5 3330 @ 3.00GHz, 8GB Ram.

#16 Lukan Spellweaver

Lukan Spellweaver

Gay Wizard Freak & mcmonkey's plaything

• GMC Member
  • 3704 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 07:21 PM

I don't buy bundles often, but this is glorious!

Thanks much to the guys at YoYo, without this I never could have gotten the Android module!

I will go to YoYo Towers with bacon rolls in tow when I make my millions off flappy bird clones! :D

It took me nearly an hour to add the module to my license. Hot damn, lotta people about to flood the forums...

Edited by LukanSpellweaver, 17 September 2015 - 07:25 PM.

DeEuDARh.pngi1SR21Q.png

Find me on Itch.io | GameJolt | YouTube | Twitter | Facebook | Website | Ask.FM

GMC Google Hangout | I liek monkehs

The GMC, here lies she. Kicked to the curb, with nary a word. She shall live on, though. Remain strong, bros.

Also: MIKE DAILLY TOLD ME TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE

#17 Nexusrex

Nexusrex

WRYYYY!

• GMC Member
  • 637 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 07:45 PM

I've got Spelunky Classic with the source..Really awesome, thanks Yoyogames! (I wish if i could get the others..but it's okay)

Edited by Nexusrex, 17 September 2015 - 08:02 PM.

#18 sin_of_nature

sin_of_nature

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 129 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 17 September 2015 - 08:30 PM

Absolutely stunning offer.  Nice one.

#19 nickydude

nickydude

MadLad Designs

• GMC Member
  • 626 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 09:03 PM

Still no luck. :(

#20 Mocgames998

Mocgames998

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 118 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 09:21 PM

Now all you have to do is actually sign in. Good luck.

???

It looks like I can finally put something here, before the GMC goes down:

Spoiler

#21 slit8539

slit8539

GMC Member

• 7 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 09:40 PM

i have been trying for the past 3 hours the servers must be getting a pounding 

#22 Nocturne

Nocturne

Nocturne Games

• Administrators
  • 25708 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 09:41 PM

Yeah, sorry guys, just be patient and come back to it later... :thumbsup:

U1FVsm3.png

40799.png

#23 Mr. RPG

Mr. RPG

GMC's Forum Troll

• GMC Member
  • 3227 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 09:58 PM

This is an amazing deal. I can't think of any better deal YoYo Games has offered in the past.

Good job guys on putting this together.

#24 Lukan Spellweaver

Lukan Spellweaver

• GMC Member
  • 3704 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 10:01 PM

I'm really diggin' the YoYo RPG thing. I haven't opened it yet, but I just noticed the bundle had other things in it. lol

I literally saw the Android module and threw my debit card at it.

I also got all of the Android stuff set up... But I'm having a hell of a time getting GM to fetch the license.

I wonder how long this craziness will last.

Edited by LukanSpellweaver, 17 September 2015 - 10:38 PM.

DeEuDARh.pngi1SR21Q.png

The GMC, here lies she. Kicked to the curb, with nary a word. She shall live on, though. Remain strong, bros.

#25 trg601

trg601

Member of the GMC

• GMC Member
  • 629 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 10:04 PM

I'm really diggin' the YoYo RPG thing. I haven't opened it yet, but I just noticed the bundle had other things in it. lol

I literally saw the Android module and threw my debit card at it.

Same XD!

(Well I also wanted 'Another Perspective', so that's cool too)

Because of the forum being archived, the above post is probably pretty old and may not reflect my current opinion.
If you want to find some of my games go to: Mutantbrain

#26 zippa713

zippa713

GMC Member

• 13 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 10:06 PM

Cant wait to try this out! Been waiting for a long time for the right price ;) Managed to create an account but unable to actually log in to the application.

#27 veta420

veta420

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 720 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 10:35 PM

Great deal.  Did anyone get in touch with the INK guys to add their source to the mix?

#28 Mike.Dailly

Mike.Dailly

Evil YoYo Games Employee

• Administrators
  • 5277 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 11:01 PM

Sorry guys, the servers are being hammered at the moment (as you'd expect).... Our web dev might be dead for the night (not sure), but we'll resurrect him and tie him to his desk to fix it as soon as we can.

#29 Menelaus

Menelaus

GMC Member

• 17 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 11:11 PM

Just bought this but it seems I'm going to have to contact humble bundle and ask for a refund.

I have no problems with the server being busy and not being able to create an account for hours, thats fine and no big deal.

However... my issue is that the account wants far FAR too much personal information and info that I am unwilling to give to any site whatsoever.  (and no, I don't use twitter, fb or other social media nonsense)

Why on eath do you insist I give you my phone number I simply do not know and I will not put it into any site, I value my privacy.  I tried filling the phone number line with 0's but it didn't accept it.  also you want my birthday.. WHY?  and my Address.   This is just unacceptable and as much as I want to try this great looking software, I'm not willing to hand over so much personal data just to use it.

I know these days most people online are very lax about their privacy but I am not.  I hope perhaps this will atract your attention and you modify the site so that future buyers won't be put off by this.

Edited by Menelaus, 17 September 2015 - 11:12 PM.

#30 Lukan Spellweaver

Lukan Spellweaver

• GMC Member
  • 3704 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 11:11 PM

Sorry guys, the servers are being hammered at the moment (as you'd expect).... Our web dev might be dead for the night (not sure), but we'll resurrect him and tie him to his desk to fix it as soon as we can.

Well, if you guys told him about the bundle before hand then he's probably in Tahiti by now.

@Menelaus

They require this information by law because of VAT and whatnot. Everyone here who uses GM has given them this info to no determent.

I implore you not to seek a refund!

Edited by LukanSpellweaver, 17 September 2015 - 11:13 PM.

DeEuDARh.pngi1SR21Q.png

#31 Menelaus

Menelaus

GMC Member

• 17 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 11:17 PM

@Menelaus

They require this information by law because of VAT and whatnot. Everyone here who uses GM has given them this info to no determent.

I implore you not to seek a refund!

I find that highly unlikely.   I pay VAT on many sites that do not have my birthday or phone number.   Amazon do not have my bday or my phone number and I buy things off them every other week and pay VAT.   Steam also doesn't have my bday or phone number and I can buy games fine.

#32 Mike.Dailly

Mike.Dailly

Evil YoYo Games Employee

• Administrators
  • 5277 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 11:22 PM

Yeah, sorry... as LukanSpellweaver has said, this is now a LEGAL requirement. You'll find some of them are optional, but we are required to have a certain number of verifiable facts from customers - which is nuts in my mind, but there you go, that's the EU for you.

Are you US based? Steam and Amazon being US based won't require that info... its a requirement for EU based companies. And I agree its nuts, but they require some of it. (and the rest I think is optional...isn't it?)

#33 Menelaus

Menelaus

GMC Member

• 17 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 11:26 PM

Yeah, sorry... as LukanSpellweaver has said, this is now a LEGAL requirement. You'll find some of them are optional, but we are required to have a certain number of verifiable facts from customers - which is nuts in my mind, but there you go, that's the EU for you.

Are you US based? Steam and Amazon being US based won't require that info... its a requirement for EU based companies. And I agree its nuts, but they require some of it. (and the rest I think is optional...isn't it?)

I'm in the UK.

If thats the law that I cannot expect you to change it, also sadly I won't put such personal info in any site, Sorry, no offence intended.

Thanks for the info, bye.

#34 Lonewolff

Lonewolff

Permanent Resident

• GMC Member
  • 3517 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 12:13 AM

Purchased this awesome offer about an hour ago. :)

But, all I got was a receipt from PayPal telling me that they have taken my money. I never recieved any email back with keys, links, or anything like that.

Am I missing something here?

#35 NazGhuL

NazGhuL

From NazTaiL

• GMC Member
  • 2368 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 12:21 AM

But, all I got was a receipt from PayPal telling me that they have taken my money. I never recieved any email back with keys, links, or anything like that.

On your Humble Bundle account.

https://www.humblebundle.com/

Edited by NazGhuL, 18 September 2015 - 12:22 AM.

tag_mtmapo.jpgtag_marketplace.jpgtag_fake_light.jpg

#36 Lonewolff

Lonewolff

Permanent Resident

• GMC Member
  • 3517 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 12:26 AM

On your Humble Bundle account.
https://www.humblebundle.com/

That's the thing. It never asked me to create an account. It just took my cash through PayPal.

#37 Lukan Spellweaver

Lukan Spellweaver

• GMC Member
  • 3704 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 12:28 AM

If you make an account it will recoginse your PC or Email and ask you to claim the purchases.

Also, are the YoYo servers DOWN or just slowed right now?

DeEuDARh.pngi1SR21Q.png

#38 NazGhuL

NazGhuL

From NazTaiL

• GMC Member
  • 2368 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 12:31 AM

Slow...

YoYo Games @YoYoGames

http://account.yoyogames.com  is a bit slow at the moment under all the pressure from the bundle! We're aware and working on it as a priority =)

#39 Lonewolff

Lonewolff

Permanent Resident

• GMC Member
  • 3517 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 12:34 AM

If you make an account it will recoginse your PC or Email and ask you to claim the purchases.

Ok, that was freakin weird. Just created an account and it all seems to be there. Even though it was purchased under a different email address. I'm not even gonna ask - LOL

#40 Lukan Spellweaver

Lukan Spellweaver

• GMC Member
  • 3704 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 12:37 AM

Ok, that was freakin weird. Just created an account and it all seems to be there. Even though it was purchased under a different email address. I'm not even gonna ask - LOL

I think it tracks the IP or some other devilry.

I've purchased stuff on my iPad and it asks if I want to claim it on my PC later.

DeEuDARh.pngi1SR21Q.png

#41 themonster

themonster

Master Status

• GMC Member
  • 41 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 12:48 AM

I am IN!

I need to check the source code of Stealth bastard, for me this is the BEST game created with Game Maker EVER.........................yes, I love that game ;) 

#42 Lonewolff

Lonewolff

Permanent Resident

• GMC Member
  • 3517 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 12:49 AM

Thanks for the heads up Lukan, you are a life saver.

Just gotta wait for the servers to become a bit less bogged down and I'll license this sucker :)

Best deal ever!

#43 BenRK

BenRK

Now in high-definition!

• GMC Member
  • 855 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 01:29 AM

I am very tempted to pick this up. I already have GMS:Pro with the android module, but I know of some friends who really want to get into game design and stuff. Would that be against the rules to give them the licenses?

#44 NazGhuL

NazGhuL

From NazTaiL

• GMC Member
  • 2368 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 01:40 AM

I am very tempted to pick this up. I already have GMS:Pro with the android module, but I know of some friends who really want to get into game design and stuff. Would that be against the rules to give them the licenses?

No! Nice gift it is!

#45 slit8539

slit8539

GMC Member

• 7 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 01:43 AM

is the sever being hit also why i cant update game maker? it just keeps looping trying to install my android and i cant even work on my game

Edited by slit8539, 18 September 2015 - 01:44 AM.

#46 Lukan Spellweaver

Lukan Spellweaver

• GMC Member
  • 3704 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 01:47 AM

Yes, all GM services have taken a hit from this.

DeEuDARh.pngi1SR21Q.png

#47 Greg Squire

Greg Squire

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 86 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 01:54 AM

Yes!  :yes:  This is awesome.  :biggrin:  :cool:  I already have GM:Studio Master collection, but I still bought it for the games and the source to learn from. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!   :thanks:  :thanks:  :thanks:

#48 BobFish

BobFish

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 269 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 02:17 AM

Bought the IOS export a couple of months ago and so glad I didn't get android because now I can get it for sooooo much less. Thanks yoyo!

Edited by BobFish, 18 September 2015 - 02:17 AM.

After using GameMaker since 2009, I've finally begun working on my first big project which is an economic simulation / tycoon game.

My Site: www.BobFishProductions.com

My Twitter: @RealBobFish

fs.png

#49 OverdrivenSoftwareKP

OverdrivenSoftwareKP

GMC Member

• 7 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 02:19 AM

Thanks, YoYo! I wanted the Android module for a long time, but I couldn't afford it! I have it now! I am so happy about this!

I'm Kevin Parsons of Overdriven Software. I'm a programmer, a musician and an artist.

Check out Overdriven Software's assets at GameMaker: Marketplace!

#50 NazGhuL

NazGhuL

From NazTaiL

• GMC Member
  • 2368 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 02:23 AM

Their admin must be KO.