#1 Nocturne

Nocturne

Nocturne Games

• Administrators
  • 25708 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 04 September 2015 - 07:37 PM

https://www.yoyogame...m/tech_blog/132

While I admit that making games for a living with GameMaker: Studio is a fun and interesting way to spend your time, there is unfortunately a large amount of paperwork and legal stuff that has to be done too otherwise you'll face problems later on down the line - like not getting paid! This doesn't get talked about much, so, in this article I'm just going to touch on some of the things that you really should have done if you want to be a "proper" dev and not get into trouble when you finally poke your head out from behind the monitor.

Note that as a UK citizen this advice is written from a UK perspective, but I'll try to keep things as general as possible and I'm pretty sure that you'll have to do the same stuff no matter what country you live in... although some things may be easier/harder depending on your location!

U1FVsm3.png

40799.png

#2 Imperial2014

Imperial2014

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 211 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 09:04 PM

There Is Typo Here

Tp2si6T.png

#3 Nocturne

Nocturne

Nocturne Games

• Administrators
  • 25708 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 09:17 PM

Fixed! :thumbsup:

U1FVsm3.png

40799.png

#4 RujiK

RujiK

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 841 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 02:50 PM

This was kind of a depressing read... You mean I can't just make a game and rake in the millions automatically?!

Probably means I need to get on this...

#5 NEEDhelpNoobert

NEEDhelpNoobert

GMC Member

• 19 posts
  • Version:GM8.1

Posted 10 January 2016 - 05:05 AM

pretty good read very helpful, I myself is trying to learn to be a accountant cause I want to have some knowledge of Business (Words of Business) so if I go to college accountant like plan I can do that=) but I have to admit you do make some good points on why i should make a business and Lawyers. Thanks please write more about this especially about indeI devs.

#6 kupo15

kupo15

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1032 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 01:43 PM

Nice information, too bad the legal sites are geared towards UK as I'm looking for a lawyer. Legal stuff seems like its harder to do in the US than UK

** LIKE us on Facebook!** Follow us on Twitter!

V9H3pw5.gif  35kie7q.jpg
Click for more combos!

Spoiler