Photo

Hello! I'm Shaun, Your new Community Manager!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
216 replies to this topic

#201 FSLnumbertwo

FSLnumbertwo

GMC Member

• 6 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 22 September 2015 - 09:49 AM

Hi Shaun, you are not doing a very good job.

#202 thomas130

thomas130

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 29 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 10:33 AM

Dude

Understand the problems are not Shaun fault. he barely been with the company a month.

I'm just as upset as anyone else but it's yoyo fault not his.

He's the man in middle at the moment,

I remember starting a new job and the E-mail servers went down I took abuse from everyone it's not a nice place to be, especially when you just started.

Edited by thomas130, 22 September 2015 - 11:52 AM.

#203 roa

roa

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1042 posts
  • Version:None

Posted 22 September 2015 - 12:28 PM

Yeah Shaun, what have you ever done with your life, HUH??!!

What have you done this past whole 3 weeks you been hired? I mean, what have you done for us this week other than piss on the server like an untrained dog?

All these new people :rolleyes:

YOYO secret club house members only

VVVVV

Spoiler

Edited by roa, 22 September 2015 - 12:38 PM.

It's been a great time being here with you all. Couldn't ask for a better group of people on a community forum. Hope to see you guys stick around for the new board. Cheers! :thanks:

#204 Heavybrush

Heavybrush

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 36 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 01:34 PM

i'm really happy for you Shaun

I follow you for a long time and I think you are doing a great job

#205 AcXeller

AcXeller

GMC Member

• 9 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 08:05 PM

Hi Shaun, was following your youtube channel for a while and congrats (although a bit late ;)) on your new function, best of luck with it. There's a lot of nasty stuff coming on to you which just isn't fair, and the most toxic ones seem to come from some angry HB buyers. First time on a forum I used an Ignore function on users. On the other side, can't get much worse than this I think. The next years will be smooth as silk compared to this week :P

Someday I will take over the world, or finish a game, whichever comes first...

#206 Northern

Northern

GMC Member

• 14 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 22 September 2015 - 08:15 PM

Hi Shaun, was following your youtube channel for a while and congrats (although a bit late ;)) on your new function, best of luck with it. There's a lot of nasty stuff coming on to you which just isn't fair, and the most toxic ones seem to come from some angry HB buyers. First time on a forum I used an Ignore function on users. On the other side, can't get much worse than this I think. The next years will be smooth as silk compared to this week :P

hey wait i aint a angry HB buyer, even tho i bought my GMS from HB. To me it's been perfectly understandable that the server started having problems from the influx of new people been eager to try out this wonderful software. I was lucky enough to activate everything and upgrade GMS earlier and been having fun :bunny:

#207 AcXeller

AcXeller

GMC Member

• 9 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 08:45 PM

hey wait i aint a angry HB buyer, even tho i bought my GMS from HB. To me it's been perfectly understandable that the server started having problems from the influx of new people been eager to try out this wonderful software. I was lucky enough to activate everything and upgrade GMS earlier and been having fun :bunny:

Didn't say that you were ;) Most are acting fine and perhaps a bit disappointed which is normal. I already had a Steam Pro version and bought 2 sets from HB, only to find out that you can have three installs on one license for yourself :D oh well...

#208 Northern

Northern

GMC Member

• 14 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 22 September 2015 - 09:28 PM

I already had a Steam Pro version and bought 2 sets from HB, only to find out that you can have three installs on one license for yourself :D oh well...

hmmm thats good to know for future reference :)

#209 DracoHandsome

DracoHandsome

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 29 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 03:03 PM

I'd like to see your reasoning for this so that I can explain how poorly thought-out it is.

#210 nekuf

nekuf

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 378 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 05:17 PM

perhaps hes refeering for shauns tutorials. that there have been no actually new tutorials that show somthing new and helpful for a long time and his channel was suposed to be a tutorial chanel which he said in one of his videos. his tutorials are helpful, but theyr at the level of novice and no progress from there.

Edited by nekuf, 23 September 2015 - 05:18 PM.

#211 GameGeisha

GameGeisha

GameGeisha

• GMC Member
  • 6565 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 11:03 PM

perhaps hes refeering for shauns tutorials. that there have been no actually new tutorials that show somthing new and helpful for a long time and his channel was suposed to be a tutorial chanel which he said in one of his videos. his tutorials are helpful, but theyr at the level of novice and no progress from there.

There is a fundamentally logical reason why tutorial videos don't cover material beyond the novice level.

One does not consign the title of "novice" to the past by constantly needing to be shown what to do by others.

GameGeisha

Edited by GameGeisha, 23 September 2015 - 11:12 PM.

Latest Releases:
  • GMLinear --- Matrix and vector math in one line!
  • GMAssert --- Debug invalid values and write quick unit tests with ease!
  • KameGMS --- Bring up TortoiseSVN and TortoiseGit dialogs from within the GMS IDE!
  • JSOnion v1.1 --- The stink-free way to handle JSON! (even deeply nested ones)

#212 nekuf

nekuf

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 378 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 06:57 AM

"One does not consign the title of "novice" to the past by constantly needing to be shown what to do by others."

can you say that in a more simple way so i can understand it? english isnt my main language.

#213 AcXeller

AcXeller

GMC Member

• 9 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 07:37 AM

My own interpretation:

You don't get past the "novice" level if you can't upgrade your skills on your own.

Consign was something I needed too google ;)

#214 Debels

Debels

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 3029 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 08:03 AM

Welcome shaun,

It's nice to see you on the YoYo Games team :)

"Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime."

(Chinese axiom)

#215 Who3D

Who3D

GMC Member

• 17 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 08:23 AM

Greetings Shaun.

Even though I'm a HB newbie, can I ask what the expected turnaround time is on a "help & Support request"? I've got a 22 hour old ticket and I'm wondering if I should set up a VM or a completely new PC to try GMS:Pro out on while I wait to see if the techies can figure out why it doesn't work on my usual system?

Cheers,

Cliff

#216 jackhigh24

jackhigh24

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1346 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 09:33 AM

Greetings Shaun.

Even though I'm a HB newbie, can I ask what the expected turnaround time is on a "help & Support request"? I've got a 22 hour old ticket and I'm wondering if I should set up a VM or a completely new PC to try GMS:Pro out on while I wait to see if the techies can figure out why it doesn't work on my usual system?

Cheers,

Cliff

turn around can be any where from a couple of days to a couple of years im afraid, although most do get answered in a week or two max, but iv seen plenty not get answered for a very long time, such as one of the tmc team asked in june 2014 about ads problem in windows 8 and its still not been answered.

#217 Who3D

Who3D

GMC Member

• 17 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 09:46 AM

turn around can be any where from a couple of days to a couple of years im afraid, although most do get answered in a week or two max, but iv seen plenty not get answered for a very long time, such as one of the tmc team asked in june 2014 about ads problem in windows 8 and its still not been answered.

Ah - thanks for your reply. I have had a first response asking for  TraceIDE.log, and am waiting on a follow-up after providing that. In the meantime I have installed it on another, less convenient PC so that I can tinker with it.

Cheers,

Cliff