111 replies to this topic

#1 Yal

Yal

Even though the GMC may be gone, our love will prevail eternally

• Global Moderators
  • 11774 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 28 July 2015 - 10:09 AM

Making games is serious biz and a massive task to take on your own, but who said you had to spend all the time hacking away in the basement? There's a lot of people like you out there - we've got over two hundred thousand members, after all - and counting - so why don't take the chance to meet some new people, and maybe make some new friends? This topic is made just for that! Tell the world you'd like to meet some new people, or find someone interesting in the list and start spamming them with PMs! :3 Sure, you'll not make friends with everyone on the first try... but you certainly won't make any new friends if you don't try!

Rules:

• All actual discussion should be done via PMs, posts that don't cohere to this will be removed. Posts made in this topic are basically done to tell people you want them to PM you.
  • You may make one post per person in this topic where you describe yourself, what sort of people you'd like to meet, and so on. When you feel like the post has aged, or that you don't have time or energy to meet any new people, please edit your post to erase the content or report it and request deletion.
  • Be careful about sharing personal information such as your real-life identity, age, or location with people you don't know - people can misuse it. In particular, don't include personal information in your post in this topic. (Photos is acceptable if you feel like it, but remember that this isn't primarily a dating site and your looks are irrelevant)
  • This topic is not for team requests, it's for meeting new friends. Posts that are too "business-oriented" will be removed. Sure, nothing is stopping you from making a game with your new friends after you get to know them, but this topic isn't just another way to find personal slaves for your next big project.
  • When taking contact with people, display common decency and don't treat people in ways you'd not like to be treated yourself. You're here to make friends, not enemies.
  • Nobody should make you feel uncomfortable. If you get PMs from someone that makes you feel uncomfortable, harasses you or similar, be aware that you can add them to your ignore list by clicking your username on the top right of the screen, then "manage ignore prefs". You can block PMs from that person completely. If you get seriously offended (such as sexual harassment or being told to kill yourself), you should do a report on the user and quote the offences in the report.

- The above is my personal opinion and in no way representative of Yoyogames or the GMC, except when explicitly stated -

Open this spoiler for my games:

Spoiler

Some useful game engines, music and other resources at affordable prices:

My collection of game resources at itch.io

New user? Can't draw but want to look unique? You can request a new avatar in this thread!

#2 Yal

Yal

• Global Moderators
  • 11774 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 12:02 PM

Okay, topic opened for the public! :D I think I'll actually unpin this since it, ironically, means it'll be easier to spot it. :P

- The above is my personal opinion and in no way representative of Yoyogames or the GMC, except when explicitly stated -

Spoiler

New user? Can't draw but want to look unique? You can request a new avatar in this thread!

#3 xTrumpeterx

xTrumpeterx

Soulless Ginger

• GMC Member
  • 160 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 01:58 PM

Hello! I'm Billy Ferguson from Queensland, Australia and I'm 38! Please misuse that information!

(None of that could be further from the truth)

That about sums up my sense of humor lol

Yeah, I'm a trumpet player and I make games (obviously). I'm in a real band that gets lots of gigs and stuff as of last Friday...

Starting to realize I don't like all of them that much....

And yeah I've pretty much been cooped up in my house all day every day, programming, except for work and practicing with that band.

Edit: And I'm not much of an artist (For the two comments above mine lol)

Edited by xTrumpeterx, 29 July 2015 - 03:08 PM.

"Do nothing which is of no use" -Miyamoto Musashi

#4 Gynganynja

Gynganynja

The Clickable Name

• GMC Member
  • 564 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 02:33 PM

SoI'mStephenFromQueenslandAustraliaILikeGraphicDesignAndCheesecakeAndMathsAndThat'sBasicallyMeInTheShortestWayPossible.

#5 Misu

Misu

Awesometasticness!

• GMC Member
  • 691 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 03:04 PM

Hi everyone! My name is Joel Valentin (also known as Misu). Dont get me wrong about the username, its japanese for "water" so dont consider it a female-teen pop-star name. 

Photo of me
Spoiler

What about me?
Spoiler

Professional-side
Spoiler

Edited by Misu, 02 August 2015 - 10:13 AM.

#6 Kingdom Of Gamez

Kingdom Of Gamez

Rectangle Face

• GMC Member
  • 171 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 03:59 PM

Hello My name is Mohammed Hussein as known as (Neku! :D) , Male! And I am 14.6 years old!(it is been changed if you read this in +2016) I love making Games! just in Game Maker! I also like this face :D and :D and :D .

I am actually a gamer! I love smiling a lot! and be funny! and write this :D and :D and :D .

I am an advanced 3D Game Developer I learnt 3D as the first thing in game maker never learnt 2D a lot because 3D is more easier , I can make a lot of games but I don't have the ... the awesome feel to make maybe like (Oh .. I will check my GMC Account wow..such 5 mins . awesome and been 12 hours on internet) . so that is why I dont make a lot of game my first game Super Robot I finish because I have a team (GamesTimes,Uniqc(Rookbom),KerhutCsaba,Maarten Gao.) so that is why I am here searching for friends/team(more with friends and :D and :D and :D(I will stop I promise :D)).

I used GMS for 5 minutes and close because GMS is weird :/ GM8 is cool so I am GM8 User :) .I am A Game Maker Studio User now so I am GMS Friendly!

I start making T-Shirts! (well , I didn't really I only draw the logos and spreadshirt making it :D)

I am:

100% Kid Friendly !

100% Men , women and Humans Friendly !

1% Aliens Friendly!

100% Game Maker Friendly!

0% Zombies Friendly!

I like these stuffs!

Spoiler

THIS IS MY DESKTOP FOR NO REASON :D

MrNOKMe.png?1

PM ME IF YOU ARE INTERESTED

Edited by Kingdom Of Gamez, 19 August 2015 - 03:47 PM.

#7 mcmonkey

mcmonkey

mcmonkey

• GMC Member
  • 778 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 04:11 PM

Hello human or other form of being.

I'm a professional nutcase.

I'm currently interested in programming-related things such as:
Advanced 3D rendering
Shaders
Computer networking

I've programmed such things as:
Full client/server networked physics-powered game engines
Full HD 3D realtime rendering systems with HD dynamic lighting

Here's a random .gif from the first tests of my custom-build rendering engine:

light%20editing.gif
Spam prevents spam by spamming the spammers spam bots with spam.
YYGF Archive: http :// mcmonkey . org / yygf/classic/index . html
3794 Post on YYGF before the end.
Game Maker 8 Documentation Online: http :// mcmonkey . org / chmstore/gm8/files/index . html

Disclaimer: I reserve the right to massively exaggerate my points more often than humans take steps on Earth.
Disclaimer: My jokes are poorly planned and may end up looking like insults. They are not.

I finally got a real domain name! http://mcmonkey.org

#8 roa

roa

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1042 posts
  • Version:None

Posted 29 July 2015 - 05:05 PM

I go by Aaron to strangers.

Skills:

3d modeling, have 8 years expereince with gamemaker, do computer building/refurbishing, networking. Finishing a 2 year major for network administration and security.

Interest:

• Eating a lot ^_^ . Food in general
  • singing
  • designing game mechanics
  • tinkering with electronics and machanics
  • story telling
  • debating
  • the females <3 (My friends call me pretty boy casanova- but honestly its probably more they are chicken sh*t than I am good with ladies...possibly)
  • I do enjoy music and sports too, though a degradeing medical condition and spending so much time around PCs has left me pretty unhealthy in recent years. I have never really had the confidence when trying drums and guitar earlier in life, but It's something I deffintly want to get back into now. Not the most musically inclined but it has always kinda interested me.
  • deffinatly an audiophile.
  • I'm also an explorer so the chance to see something new along my day is always a goal. I expecailly like to go on walks to places I have never seen.
  • I also like video games (Duh) but anymore its hard to focus on them.
  • I also love to learn. There is never a time to stop learning something new.(This is the one thing my life mostly consist of, that I dont get too distracted from)

My UPs

• I'm funny and easy to get along with.
  • I have a lot of patiance so it's hard to get on my firing end unless you are blantantly disrespectful or tasteless.
  • I'm honest to a fault(It's gotten me hit a couple times), and probably one of the smartest people I know.
  • I'm a realy fast learner, I love helping people out with things and teaching. So if you ever think you need help with something whether related to gamemaker or not, shoot me a message and I just might know a thing.
  • I'm pretty easy to open up to with expereinces and the way I address things.
  • Can pretty much talk to me about anything, cause there isn't really a topic that bores me or I wont try to learn something about.
  • hard worker, extremely good work ethics(when I can get myself going)

My down side

• I can be abrassive and assertive on things, and that kinda makes some people not like me much.
  • I'm kinda a tough love/ No BS kinda person. Leave the drama at the door, don't cut corners, and if you ask for my opinoin or help, you're going to get it.
  • I'm also kinda unmotivated and and lose focus very easily, leaving most of my time doing nothing at all, and I mean nothing. Not like a twist to justify "lazy" in a sense, but actually just kinda sitting in my chair stewing on things longer than I should. I guess it's just a depression/ADD thing. I don't get very much done in a day, or my life for that matter.
  • My confidence comes off as arragant. I am arragant but for the most part I think I have earned it ;)
  • Worst speller ever

Feel free to throw me a message on here, at my email at goblineyepoker2@gmail.com or my skype@aaron.plaxus2

Edited by roa, 29 July 2015 - 05:30 PM.

It's been a great time being here with you all. Couldn't ask for a better group of people on a community forum. Hope to see you guys stick around for the new board. Cheers! :thanks:

#9 Ehsan

Ehsan

Pirates & Clones

• GMC Member
  • 407 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 08:10 PM

All jokes aside, I would really like a penfriend to be honest. So we share our minds(something I wanna try since...well, when I like to share...?) and things we are working on, motivating each other and so on!

Wouldn't want to spam someone though(neither would like to get spammed), but rather have official day of writings once a month orso. Or whenever you really feel like! But really like to have a letter rather than a loose conversation on PM.

It has to mimic a physical letter, so replies should be aslo at least 3 days apart.

You don't have to write an essay, just a brief letter.

I was looking to learn writing stories (in English ofcourse), and so I'd rather learn from a person!

So your letter could be probably a story about you over past weeks/days (something recent, but mentioning things from past would be fine too).

It should be mostly your thoughts, or whatever is on mind you'd like to share.

I don't want to restrict you to too many rules here, but the general idea is writing in letter forms!

Hope to find someone with interesting writings! And as for who I am, and what I do, why not learn that over the letter?

5k3IA5f.png

Candy Factory (WIP)!

Candy Factory is a fast paced match-3 like game!

#10 Lukan Spellweaver

Lukan Spellweaver

Gay Wizard Freak & mcmonkey's plaything

• GMC Member
  • 3704 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 10:11 PM

Hello, my name is Lucas and I'm an alcoholi... Wrong topic...

Hi, I'm Lucas. Call me Lukan, or I'll sacrifice you and your family to the all powerful DuckTurne.

I'm a bit childish, but have brief spurts of adulthood and lots of depression.

I usually cheery online, except when my real life is exceptionally bad.

I live in California, but have lived all over the U.S.!

I'm originally from Michigan, and I'm part Canadian, eh? Eh.

I use a qwerty keyboard, because 'MURICA!

I do watch anime, I watch subs and dubs but am learning Japanese so I can watch just straight up Anime.

I like InuYasha, DragonBall, DragonBall-Z, DragonBall Super, I used to watch Sailor Moon with my sister a long time ago, Bleach is okay, and SWORD ART ONLINE!

I also watch de YubTubs.

I like to watch Extra Credits, Retsuprae, The Bible Reloaded, PewDiePie(you said it in his voice), Tobuscus, a lot of Jacksfilms, and Secular Talk. Just to name a few channels. Shane Dawson is now my hero.

My favourite colour is TARDIS Blue, anything else is repulsive.

Also, I live in Cameron Park, California. Do with that what you will.

I also just very recently got over some really internalized hatred of myself because of my sexuality.

I have embraced who I am on the inside, and I am so much happier now it's ridiculous.

If your going through a struggle like this, we can chat. I never really had anyone to talk to, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't.

If your into talking to a childish, depressing, smart, sad, short, old person trapped in a young person's body, then hit me up.

Word, dawg.

Edited by LukanSpellweaver, 24 August 2015 - 05:20 PM.

DeEuDARh.pngi1SR21Q.png

Find me on Itch.io | GameJolt | YouTube | Twitter | Facebook | Website | Ask.FM

GMC Google Hangout | I liek monkehs

The GMC, here lies she. Kicked to the curb, with nary a word. She shall live on, though. Remain strong, bros.

Also: MIKE DAILLY TOLD ME TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE

#11 Lt. Farfetch'd

Lt. Farfetch'd

That Diabetic Kid

• GMC Member
  • 178 posts
  • Version:GM8.1

Posted 30 July 2015 - 02:12 AM

My name is Adam. I'm often accused of acting far older than I actually am, to the extent that my family makes a habit of calling me an old man. Despite this and the torturous tedium of the Australian education system, I have not yet murdered anyone! *cheer, cheer*

Note: If you can guess my age, I am immediately impressed.

I'm an 'aspiring' game developer, and have looked into quite a number of engines used for such endeavours. Inevitably though, I tend to come back to GameMaker, purely because my love of 2D games is [OVER 9000!!!!!], and I love GameMaker for the development of those.

If it's an interesting topic, I'm probably interested in it - especially if it concerns games (though I must confess I am in no way a hardcore gamer).

If you wanna chat, collaborate (and listen!) or anything along those lines, feel free to PM me. :)

#12 Paul Levasseur

Paul Levasseur

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 60 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 03:53 AM

Hi, my name is Paul.  I have an interest in nutrition, fitness, gaming, and pretty much almost anything music related.  

A bit about me.  I grew up playing piano but after learning guitar and playing in several bands, I became interested in writing videogame music.  I emailed a few companies asking how to get a job and when Rare emailed back and said to learn cubase, I 'acquired' my first copy of Cubase VST32, DL'd some soundfonts, and got to work trying to write.  There was a guy at a local anime club who was interested in becoming a game developer so I got involved in his project and started creating a soundtrack.  Now, I felt a bit inadequate in my abilities so I did the 'logical' thing and started taking music classes at University.  I found out what I needed to do to get into the composition program at the university, brushed up on my classical piano, learned how to use Finale, wrote my portfolio, took theory, auditioned, and then spent the next 10 years studying music composition in university.  Sadly, I lost track of my developer friend and I have not managed to contact him since =-(

Things I learned in music school...   Musicianship  (Sight reading, sight singing, solfeg, dictation [hearing melody and writing it down], etc)  Theory, Analysis, Composition, Music History, Orchestration, and some really fun ensemble stuff.  Playing Cello in a university orchestra was such a HUGE highlight; I never DREAMED I would ever play with an orchestra.  
I think the fact that I can create sheet music, and I really understand how many instruments actually work is something that is unique to people who are trained composers.  Writing for real instruments is fun and hearing my stuff performed is really cool.  I arranged 'To the End of the Wilderness' by Michiko Naruke  (Wild Arms) for orchestra and I got to sit in the orchestra and play the arrangement.  By a fluke, it was recorded, and the arrangement ended up on OCReMiX.  With all the fun of the modern 'classical music' scene I forgot about my purpose and my sequencer collected dust while I studied and learned all about acoustic music.  
The turning point was when I started my Doctorate and my teacher, Christos Hatzis  (Great composer, check out his music) arm twisted me to take the 'composing for film' course.  Well, I took the course with a chip on my shoulder (This is stupid, I DO NOT WANT to take this dumb course) and got chosen by some poor sap named Anthony Straus http://anthonimation.blogspot.ca/ toscore his stop motion animation.  I sat there, thinking what could I possibly write for this film?  Stressed and stressed...   Well, I had someone counting on me so I had to write something.  I had friends record the various parts of the score, put it together, and, behold, it worked.  This was the result:  https://vimeo.com/23246965 
The film was screened internationally in quite a few festivals and won some awards too!!  It was fun, so I kept with it and scored more animations.  

With all of this, I think I became interested in game soundtracks again when I spent about 2 years studying game music and fan compositions for the written component of my degree.  I stumbled on SNESology as well as the Chiptune movement while doing research for my paper and thought, "You know, I should try and score a game.  With all my training, I think I could do a pretty good job."  I am scrambling to get caught up on the digital music thing  (We focused a lot more on scores and live instrument in school) but the composition end of things is solid and I think I'm figuring out the technology!  

PM me if you wanna chat, if you have questions about what music terms mean, or if you want to discuss games you are developing and get my opinion  (as a gamer) on how things are going.  I'll try to be both kind and honest, I promise!

#13 GameGoblin

GameGoblin

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 4325 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 10:14 AM

PM me to talk/argue about random stuff :3

#14 Yal

Yal

• Global Moderators
  • 11774 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 11:58 AM

Cleaned the topic up a bit (I'm not that fond of 1-sentence posts, and not pointless image macros either).

Misu and mcmonkey, you come off as very professional-sounding, but that's not the main point of this topic... what do you like to do in your spare time? What's your favourite color? Do you prefer watching LPs or anime? Do you use AZERTY, QWERTY or Dvorak keyboards? That kind of stuff might make it easier for people to relate to you. :3

Spoiler

#15 Misu

Misu

Awesometasticness!

• GMC Member
  • 691 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 04:37 PM

OK Yal. Sorry is that the way how I understood the purpose of this topic got me posting my professional side instead. Here are some things about me for those who don't know:

Im from Puerto Rico and I speak both Spanish and English.
Love going outdoors.
I paint and game-make as a hobby.
I enjoy playing MineCraft (multiplayer only)
Baseball is my favorite sport. (Not telling of who I am fan of ;) )
My favourite color is teal or sky blue.
My only downside is that I don't watch series nor anime. Sorry but I'm more of a productive person. :/
I love pudding though :D

Edited by Misu, 01 August 2015 - 04:38 PM.

#16 Barvix

Barvix

Legend Of Carrot

• GMC:Member
  • 1019 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 05:12 PM

@Yal Why is there not a dating topic?

Hi, I'm Chris "Barvix" "Verdugo" [last name censored] and I live in what is arguably the hottest part of the world. I make games (I never said I finish them I just make them, though I am doing one I want to finish)

I like cats and dogs, but would have dogs as a pet because I hate cleaning litterboxes.

I like Windows and sometimes Linux

I can be happy, dorky, nerdy (talk nerdy to me), sad, depressed, motivational, and so annoying you want to slap the s*** out of me.

I write raps and poetry (usually now in the form of Iambi Pentameter)

I like Pokémon

I speak English and some Spanish

A determined-to-finish-s*** procrastinator

I don't really care for anime

I'm okay with the beach

I like hiking

I like crafting stone tools

I like exploring

PC Master Race

I built one computer and would like to do it again some day

I have Skype, but don't really like taking calls from people

I like butts (am I allowed to say that?)

I "sketch" random concept art for characters for my games every now and then

Spoiler

Oh yeah, I like Star Trek, Star Wars, and some Dr. Who (I only watched it because my ex-gf made me)

#17 Yal

Yal

• Global Moderators
  • 11774 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 09:15 PM

Because first of all our gender ratio is skewed, secondly we're a kid friendly forum with almost 50% underage members, and thirdly, we're not a dating site :P

But if you just get friends with someone, you might end up randomly falling in love... it's happened to me twice (both times on the GMC) so it doesn't seem to be that impossible :P

Spoiler

#18 Lukan Spellweaver

Lukan Spellweaver

• GMC Member
  • 3704 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 09:16 PM

Because first of all our gender ratio is skewed, secondly we're a kid friendly forum with almost 50% underage members, and thirdly, we're not a dating site :P

But if you just get friends with someone, you might end up randomly falling in love... it's happened to me twice (both times on the GMC) so it doesn't seem to be that impossible :P

Someone before Tsuka? After Tsuka? Me?!?!?!

DeEuDARh.pngi1SR21Q.png

The GMC, here lies she. Kicked to the curb, with nary a word. She shall live on, though. Remain strong, bros.

#19 xTrumpeterx

xTrumpeterx

Soulless Ginger

• GMC Member
  • 160 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 09:18 PM

You know, I don't really think the gender ratio is skewed. All the girls just prefer to be known as potatoes. 

#20 Barvix

Barvix

Legend Of Carrot

• GMC:Member
  • 1019 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 09:19 PM

Because first of all our gender ratio is skewed

What about those who are gay or bi? (not that I am)

#21 Lukan Spellweaver

Lukan Spellweaver

• GMC Member
  • 3704 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 09:20 PM

What about all you straight people? I think you outweigh the lgbt crowd on the GMC.

I know of me and one other user, who are both bi. I don't know of any members being gay though.

Except maybe​ Yal and Tsuka. But they might just be friend wives.

Edited by LukanSpellweaver, 01 August 2015 - 09:25 PM.

DeEuDARh.pngi1SR21Q.png

#22 Paul Levasseur

Paul Levasseur

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 60 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 10:05 PM

What about all you straight people? I think you outweigh the lgbt crowd on the GMC.

I know of me and one other user, who are both bi. I don't know of any members being gay though.

I'm married and I have kids.  I hope this isn't a huge buzz kill!   :lol:

#23 Lukasmah

Lukasmah

A fan of staplers

• GMC Member
  • 840 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 01 August 2015 - 10:06 PM

Some other people mentioned they were gay. Not enough for a dating topic.

But seriously, why is the idea of a dating topic even being considered?

This is my signature. Isn't it nice?

#24 Lukan Spellweaver

Lukan Spellweaver

• GMC Member
  • 3704 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 10:08 PM

I'm not considering a dating topic.

I was just making conversation.

DeEuDARh.pngi1SR21Q.png

#25 xTrumpeterx

xTrumpeterx

Soulless Ginger

• GMC Member
  • 160 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 10:13 PM

Which one of the lucky ladies on here wants to date dis?  :wink:

creepy-guy600.jpg

Don't all rush in at once now! I'm a one woman kind of guy! (on weekends)~

#26 Lukan Spellweaver

Lukan Spellweaver

• GMC Member
  • 3704 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 10:18 PM

<Sexy Pic Snipped>

Hey there, gorgeous!

Edited by LukanSpellweaver, 01 August 2015 - 10:19 PM.

DeEuDARh.pngi1SR21Q.png

#27 xTrumpeterx

xTrumpeterx

Soulless Ginger

• GMC Member
  • 160 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 10:25 PM

Oh yea...

Lukan wants what I'm sellin'  :wink:  :wink:  :wink:  :wink:  :cool:

All actual discussion should be done via PMs, posts that don't cohere to this will be removed.

Yal you should prooooobably get on that before we scare everyone away lol

#28 roa

roa

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1042 posts
  • Version:None

Posted 01 August 2015 - 10:30 PM

I'm not considering a dating topic.

I was just making conversation.

How would that work? Most long distance relations are a joke, and most people here are worlds apart so meeting in person would be rare, if not a danger that yoyo doesnt want affiliated with.(Nerd slayer  killed 3; lust for women on forums)(Women opressed in gaming; female killers aloft) I should write click bait lol.

Lot's of ways to get easy women that don't involve forums. Maybe we should have a topic for social anxiety?? lol

Besides, you would lose all women to my majesty and sly tounge!

all joking aside, we're are going to erk Yal if this topic keeps filling with convos and not post about ourselves, should take the convo's to another forum or chat.

Edited by roa, 01 August 2015 - 10:30 PM.

It's been a great time being here with you all. Couldn't ask for a better group of people on a community forum. Hope to see you guys stick around for the new board. Cheers! :thanks:

#29 Misu

Misu

Awesometasticness!

• GMC Member
  • 691 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 10:33 PM

Too late...

#30 Yal

Yal

• Global Moderators
  • 11774 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 11:22 PM

Let's just say that a surprisingly high number of GMC members appear to be HBTQ, or maybe I'm just good at finding such people :whistle:

Speaking of that... ironically, one of the reasons I got so close to Tsuka was that I felt I could let my guard down because she was a girl and there were no risk of falling in love involved :P I'm pretty sure that none of us would've thought we'd be compatible if someone would've shown us pics of each other and asked if we'd form a couple three months later.

I see no point in ruining a good discussion :P I might clean the topic up if it derails too much, though, or some time later when it's not relevant anymore.

You know, I don't really think the gender ratio is skewed. All the girls just prefer to be known as potatoes. 

It is skewed... though probably not as much as it appears. Boys also seem way more active, most girls I know are pretty lurky. They also seem to get bored of that and leave the forums really early as well, unless they get hooked. Maybe our general demeanour isn't female-friendly enough or something? :P

Which one of the lucky ladies on here wants to date dis?   :wink:

You're looking creepily similar to my uncle x3 You wouldn't happen to be born in Nerike/Närke in central Sweden? If so, we're probably relatives! ::lmao::

Spoiler

#31 xTrumpeterx

xTrumpeterx

Soulless Ginger

• GMC Member
  • 160 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 11:37 PM

You're looking creepily similar to my uncle x3 You wouldn't happen to be born in Nerike/Närke in central Sweden? If so, we're probably relatives! ::lmao::

That's not a pic of me. (thank goodness) I literally googled "creepy guy". I was born in California, but I live thousands of miles from there. I do have strong Norwegian and German blood in me though.

#32 BattleRifle BR55

BattleRifle BR55

Let Live

• GMC Member
  • 10316 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 12:14 AM

<Sexy Pic Snipped>

Hey there, gorgeous!

hey now
Jmds8UL.png

#33 Ninety

Ninety

I just want to see if the mods will waive the character limit.

• GMC Member
  • 846 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 02 August 2015 - 12:52 AM

you're an allstar

ka0eZdt.png
twitter | soundcloud | gmcomicified | ask.fm | homestead | itch.io | TIGsource

goodnight, sweet prince

#34 xTrumpeterx

xTrumpeterx

Soulless Ginger

• GMC Member
  • 160 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 12:55 AM

hey now

you're an allstar

Get your game on.

#35 Lukan Spellweaver

Lukan Spellweaver

• GMC Member
  • 3704 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 01:02 AM

Go play

DeEuDARh.pngi1SR21Q.png

#36 Smack Games

Smack Games

Eliphingo!

• GMC Member
  • 138 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 01:14 AM

Dang it, i'm exposed!

I used to have something here, but now I don't..

#37 Ninety

Ninety

I just want to see if the mods will waive the character limit.

• GMC Member
  • 846 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 02 August 2015 - 01:19 AM

Dang it, i'm exposed!

You ruined it

ka0eZdt.png
twitter | soundcloud | gmcomicified | ask.fm | homestead | itch.io | TIGsource

goodnight, sweet prince

#38 Lukan Spellweaver

Lukan Spellweaver

• GMC Member
  • 3704 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 01:21 AM

You know, I don't really think the gender ratio is skewed. All the girls just prefer to be known as potatoes

Dang it, i'm exposed!

I am set as potato gendered.

I'm a dudebro. I got external gear in ma pants, yo.

I tried to put this in my first post but was getting an ipboard error?

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

Haiku Form of my first post:

Spoiler

Edited by LukanSpellweaver, 02 August 2015 - 01:42 AM.

DeEuDARh.pngi1SR21Q.png

#39 Misu

Misu

Awesometasticness!

• GMC Member
  • 691 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 10:10 AM

I dunno but I feel like this discussion went off the board already and should be cleared out.

Also I'm gonna update my first post to include photo of me :)

#40 rui.rosario

rui.rosario

Membery Member

• GMC Member
  • 519 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 10:55 AM

Ok, I lost my post twice so I'll write more when I feel like it. Right now, here is the short version:

Rui Rosário

Portuguese

20 years-old, almost 21

Recently finished my Computer Science degree

Love programming in general and game development

Artificial Intelligence (special Neural Networks, Genetic Algorithms and Genetic Programming)

Criptography

Procedurally generated content

On the derail topic, I'm bi, a dude and signaled as potato gender, and I love how the community accepts these kinds of things (I know of quite a few members that are not straight)

Anything you want to know PM me, I have no trouble speaking of any topic whatsoever.

Pics may come if anyone asks

Edited by rui.rosario, 02 August 2015 - 10:57 AM.

Remember me as the one who can't be remembered

#41 LordDestroyer

LordDestroyer

Cuddlomancer

• GMC Member
  • 247 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 10:57 AM

You can talk to me
If you want to be depressed

Eh... Thanks?

I can offer something different.

Talk to me if you want your computer crashed or differently messed up in around a week or two. I offer computer overloading, instant shutdown on startup, boot file deletion, annoying windows, spyware. Cyberstalking only against those who requested it on themselves, if anyone felt like doing that, for example to see how much can someone know about them. Maybe I'm hacker, but I'm trying to avoid any large consequences for others unless they request so...

By contacting me you agree to be hacked. By requesting cyberstalking you are allowing me to do so. I am not liable for any information escaping by any security hole in PM system, if any exists. Any information gained by the spyware will neither be given out nor misused in any way. The spyware is designed to report to me, trying to reuse it is just stupid. And I have no idea how this stuff works, I'm getting somewhere else, so I'll better stop.

...anyone?

#42 Jbax1899

Jbax1899

Rollin Rollin...

• GMC Member
  • 1004 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 07:13 PM

I'm Jbax (pronouced YayBakes, though I doubt anyone ever does), and I've been off and on game dev for four to five years now. I spend more time writing poetry, fictional novels, ect. I am currently pursuing a degree in Computer Graphics at Purdue Polytechnics, starting with the gen ed at Ivy Tech. I work part-time at a small diner, waiting and washing dishes - Nothing too fancy. My main method of contact is here through PM; I likely wont get anything sent through email. And no, I wont be giving away real name/age/address/whatever, sorry. I look forward to meeting some of you!

Edited by Jbax1899, 02 August 2015 - 07:14 PM.

61892.gif

Participants: Myself, HandsomeGuy, Faissialoo, Lukasmah, Flaeon, LukanSpellweaver, Mercerenies, Ninety,

Overloaded, GreatGamer, Smack Games, Barvix, And more!

#43 xTrumpeterx

xTrumpeterx

Soulless Ginger

• GMC Member
  • 160 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 07:28 PM

<snip>

I am currently pursuing a degree in Computer Graphics at Purdue Polytechnics, starting with the gen ed at Ivy Tech.

<snip>

I wont be giving away real name/age/address/whatever, sorry.

Well if you're going to Ivy Tech, then you live in the same state as me lol.

And we might end up on the same Purdue Campus even...

And you might know my brother in Computer Graphics...

Edited by xTrumpeterx, 02 August 2015 - 07:31 PM.

#44 Jbax1899

Jbax1899

Rollin Rollin...

• GMC Member
  • 1004 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 07:38 PM

<snip>

I am currently pursuing a degree in Computer Graphics at Purdue Polytechnics, starting with the gen ed at Ivy Tech.

<snip>

I wont be giving away real name/age/address/whatever, sorry.

Well if you're going to Ivy Tech, then you live in the same state as me lol.

And we might end up on the same Purdue Campus even...

And you might know my brother in Computer Graphics...

Im not in yet, but I should be within a few years if all goes according to plan. And yeah, I think we talked about how we both live in the same state (Indiana) :)

61892.gif

Participants: Myself, HandsomeGuy, Faissialoo, Lukasmah, Flaeon, LukanSpellweaver, Mercerenies, Ninety,

#45 xTrumpeterx

xTrumpeterx

Soulless Ginger

• GMC Member
  • 160 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 07:44 PM

That's right, you were the other one in that one topic... You actually live somewhere near where I live now. We probably will just miss each other in college. I'll go to the Purdue campus closest to both of us this year, and then transfer to a different campus, which is when you'd go to the campus I started in.

#46 Jbax1899

Jbax1899

Rollin Rollin...

• GMC Member
  • 1004 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 07:48 PM

That's right, you were the other one in that one topic... You actually live somewhere near where I live now. We probably will just miss each other in college. I'll go to the Purdue campus closest to both of us this year, and then transfer to a different campus, which is when you'd go to the campus I started in.

Ah, thats too bad - It'd be fun to meet one of you guys IRL, especially when its so convenient. Oh well.

Just out of curiosity, how do you know which one is closest to the both of us? They have nine locations.

61892.gif

#47 xTrumpeterx

xTrumpeterx

Soulless Ginger

• GMC Member
  • 160 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 07:50 PM

Because I know which town we both live within 30 minutes of...

Lol if you ever wanted to track me down, look for local music on Friday nights. Not in THAT town, but in a town near that town.

Well I guess that's still a 30 minute radius lol and THAT town is between a few campuses, so can't really know for sure lol.

Edited by xTrumpeterx, 02 August 2015 - 07:54 PM.

#48 Jbax1899

Jbax1899

Rollin Rollin...

• GMC Member
  • 1004 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 07:53 PM

How would you know where I live..? Am I missing something? I don't believe Ive ever mentioned the town I live in.

61892.gif

#49 xTrumpeterx

xTrumpeterx

Soulless Ginger

• GMC Member
  • 160 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 07:55 PM

The Game Maker Meetup NC topic...

http://gmc.yoyogames...howtopic=670747

Edited by xTrumpeterx, 02 August 2015 - 07:58 PM.

#50 Jbax1899

Jbax1899

Rollin Rollin...

• GMC Member
  • 1004 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 07:58 PM

New Castle, Indiana?

Dude, I live like half an hour away from there!

Oh, right.

Edited by Jbax1899, 02 August 2015 - 07:58 PM.

61892.gif