#1 dadio

dadio

Potato King

• YoYo Games Staff
  • 2740 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 17 July 2015 - 12:42 PM

THEME: JAPANESE

HANDICAP: Your game must attempt to teach the player some knowledge, concept, story, or wisdom from the real world.

HYPE OBJECT: UNDERWEAR

The Jam Compliation Zip!!!

*will go here in the end*

mst28.jpg

Welcome to the official GMC Jam #19 Games Topic!

Here you MUST POST YOUR GAMES to be considered for the final voting and to receive any prizes. There are some strict rules for posting in this topic and anyone who does not follow them will have their posts removed, so I strongly advise you read (and re-read!) the following before doing something you may regret later :

• Each entry has ONE post only. It must be used to show development of your game (while the Jam is on, you may are encouraged to <EDIT> your post to update people on your progress), or the actual finished game itself. Posts that only "reserve" a spot or offer no content will be deleted.
  • A link to your game MUST be posted here before the end of the Jam to qualify for votes in the final stage. An actual topic in the Games Forum is not necessary, but bare in mind that this topic is only for games - so if you want feedback, criticism or comments on your game it is recommended that you create a WIP topic and link to that too.
  • This topic is ONLY for showcasing the games and their progress, not for discussion or any other type of post. If you wish to comment on a game, do it in the actual games topic (or in the GMC Jam discussion topic), but not here! All posts that break this rule will be deleted during the Jam. When voting begins, comments can then be made within the context of the vote in the voting topic.
  • When adding new progress blogs/screenshots to your post (via the <EDIT> button) please use the SPOILER tags to hide previous content. In this way we can keep the topic tidy and organised and people can see the progression of your game from start to finish.
  • If you drop out of the Jam, PLEASE delete everything from your post so that your game is not included in the final voting and then <Report> the post so it can be removed.

A zip file will be created within a few days of the Jam finishing to facilitate the playing of all entries.
This zip will have a randomiser in it so that people play the games in a random order, so don't think that calling your game A.A.A. Aardvarks Ardent Adventures (for example) is going to get you more plays!

It is STRONGLY recommended that you create some form of "help" page in your game as some (most?) people will NOT have read your posted topic and so have no idea what controls your game has, nor how it is to be played etc etc etc... Not including this information will have a negative impact on your game so I recommend enough that you take a few extra minutes to do it.

And that's about it. I encourage each of you that is working on a game to create videos, take screenshots and generally create a developers blog in your post. Each new entry can be edited into the post while old entries can be hidden using SPOILER tags and if you wish to discuss anything Jam related, remember that we still have the Official Jam Topic, which the moderators check regularly and there you can ask questions, make suggestions or discuss entries.

Good luck to all who participate and as always I trust this will be another fantastic community jam and that everyone will have fun!

May your underpants be shiny white!!!

Edited by dadio, 17 July 2015 - 10:29 PM.

AczgxAZ.png5aj9t5.jpg

#2 Nocturne

Nocturne

Nocturne Games

• Administrators
  • 25708 posts

Posted 17 July 2015 - 12:50 PM

DOWNLOAD LONK

Okay... So I'm NOT making a game. But NAL is!!! And I'm helping... so this is our joint dev blog for the game:

eGhdmI7.png

So, yeah... erm... more to come later... NOW!

19/7/2015: 7:58pm

Nocturne: After a hard day of work ( :)) Nal finished off the engine and I must say that it plays nice! He's made some gameplay decisions that I'm not sure I agree 100% with, but hey, it's his game and I'm only helping out! And, let's be honest, it's fun and very arcade, it has men in underpants, and the main character can wield katanas and chainsaws, so what more could you ask for? My tasks today included spriting the spawn points for the bad guys, and creating some extra tile sets for the rooms, just to add variety. If we had more time I'd also have created some unique tiles to be randomly added to the game to give a little variety, but I've not got time for that. As it stands though, it's looking good and has some VERY solid gameplay, so I'm happy.

NAL: Don't listen to Mark, 50/50 m8. Game's done!

SS6.png

Spoiler

Edited by NAL, 20 July 2015 - 05:16 PM.

U1FVsm3.png

40799.png

#3 Mercerenies

Mercerenies

Koopa King

• GMC Member
  • 1945 posts

Posted 17 July 2015 - 10:25 PM

Rabbit Hole

5AZVba1.png

A game about games.

Download: MediaFire

Devlog

(All times here are in Central Daylight Savings Time. Day 1 is July 17th)

Day 1

Spoiler

Day 2

Spoiler

Day 3

Spoiler

Day 4

Spoiler

Edited by Mercerenies, 20 July 2015 - 09:04 PM.

iPqfGiP.png

#4 Lukan Spellweaver

Lukan Spellweaver

Gay Wizard Freak & mcmonkey's plaything

• GMC Member
  • 3704 posts

Game by Lukan.

j6OVo0lg.png

This is the Jam version with simplified scoring. I'm just uploading so I have something in the jam if I can't finish the traditional scoring.

DOWNLOADS:

http://spellweaverga...implifiedv1.zip

Direct from my website.

http://gamejolt.com/...a-koi-koi/81241

Or GameJolt.

http://games.spellwe...=HanafudaSimple

Play in browser here.

Dev log:

Times are PST(california, biches!)

Spoiler

Edited by LukanSpellweaver, 20 July 2015 - 11:11 PM.

DeEuDARh.pngi1SR21Q.png

Find me on Itch.io | GameJolt | YouTube | Twitter | Facebook | Website | Ask.FM

GMC Google Hangout | I liek monkehs

The GMC, here lies she. Kicked to the curb, with nary a word. She shall live on, though. Remain strong, bros.

Also: MIKE DAILLY TOLD ME TO UPDATE MY SIGNATURE

#5 Alice

Alice

Toolmaker of Bucuresti

• GMC Member
  • 1392 posts

~ AGAINST THE RISING SUN ~
I actually could afford thinking of the title this time, though in retrospect it didn't serve me that much!
qQ5AuLq.png

DROPBOX DOWNLOAD

Day 1
Spoiler

Day 2
Spoiler

Day 3
Spoiler

Edited by Alice, 20 July 2015 - 11:56 PM.

LShy6C6.png

#6 HayManMarc

HayManMarc

The HayMan

• GMC Member
  • 1776 posts

Posted 17 July 2015 - 10:26 PM

Logo_Combined_000_scaled.png

Game Download:  (BushidoBot_JamVersion)  DROPBOX

Some credits worth mentioning:

Music by Incompetech

Cartoon Battle by Kevin MacLeod is licensed under CC Attribution 3.0.
Direct Link: http://incompetech.c...rc=USUAN1100300.

Background Art by Katsushika Hokusai.

Pieces taken from the "The Fifty-three Stations of the Tōkaidō" series.

Help Screen Background robbed from the Interwebs.

Fonts from dafont.com

Programming and all the rest of the artwork by HayManMarc. :)

Devlog:

Jam Start = 3:30ish PM

Day 1

5:43 PM:  I'm thinking about doing some kind of side view fighting game with a robot martial artist.

9:39 PM:  It has taken me forever to get a sprite done. I hope things start going a little better. This jam might be a bust for me as I've got a lot of distractions this time.

12:05 PM:  Found a couple fonts, made a logo, nabbed some famous japanese art for background, have 2 sprites, and nothing coded.  Woo (not).

Day 2

7:00 PM:  I have movement, direction change, and a punch attack (with placeholder sprite).  I have walking and idle animation.

Day 3

4:12 PM:  I was distracted by other business when my day started and lost a lot of motivation, but some of it is coming back now.  I made a few more characters and a new background.  I decided to use famous Japanese art for background which I will label in-game thus teaching the user familiarity of Japanese art.

3:34 AM:  Staying up late, possibly all night.  More stuff done:  story line, all new backgrounds (7) from the same artist (won't be using the ones in the first two screenies), ninjabot, evil daimyo, message boxes, tweaks.

Screenshots:

Spoiler

Screenie 003

Screenie_002_scaled.png

Edited by HayManMarc, 20 July 2015 - 11:42 PM.

sigpic1_gmc_archive.png

sigpic2_gmc_archive.png

#7 Yal

Yal

Even though the GMC may be gone, our love will prevail eternally

• Global Moderators
  • 11774 posts

Posted 17 July 2015 - 10:26 PM

Oc3Otqz.png

Shoot everything that moves! Collect gold coins! 4 different playable characters with different movement and shoot patterns and crisp NES-style visuals await you in this fast-paced arcade game! Features online highscores!

Download page (on Gamejolt)

Don't forget to leave a vote for IVG if you've got a Gamejolt account! :3

GMC forum thread: http://gmc.yoyogames...howtopic=670987

JF78S69.png

Video:

Spoiler

Screenshots:

Spoiler

- The above is my personal opinion and in no way representative of Yoyogames or the GMC, except when explicitly stated -

Open this spoiler for my games:

Spoiler

Some useful game engines, music and other resources at affordable prices:

My collection of game resources at itch.io

New user? Can't draw but want to look unique? You can request a new avatar in this thread!

#8 the ch8t

the ch8t

FlameFrog Games

• GMC Member
  • 701 posts

Posted 17 July 2015 - 10:28 PM

SURVIVOR

DOWNLOAD

Edited by the ch8t, 20 July 2015 - 10:54 PM.

#9 Hiznopellagio

Hiznopellagio

Carpe Noctem

• GMC Member
  • 860 posts

Posted 17 July 2015 - 10:31 PM

M5WBWtC.png

Download here on Gamejolt!

Day 1:
Spoiler

Day 2:
Spoiler

Day 3:
Spoiler

Edited by Hiznopellagio, 20 July 2015 - 09:19 PM.

xgzQT2A.png

#10 Detective Pixel

Detective Pixel

GMC Dancer

• GMC Member
  • 555 posts

Posted 17 July 2015 - 10:45 PM

I Made a game.

Thing.png

Thing%20-%20Copy.png

Bikkuri****a Bash

Play it here: 

Edit: Oh thanks GMC for censoring the part of the japanese word. That makes me look offensive.

Edited by Detective Pixel, 20 July 2015 - 11:22 PM.

PIXEL_Archive.png

#11 nvrogers

nvrogers

Grumpy Robot

• GMC Member
  • 562 posts

Posted 17 July 2015 - 10:47 PM

Samurai Gaiden:
A game or something I guess.

https://app.box.com/...0e46glwsvzhbk4k

Edited by nvrogers, 19 July 2015 - 04:56 PM.

I work on games sometimes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello. It seems the forum has been sucked into the abyss. What fun!

#12 Floofpaws

Floofpaws

Fox

• GMC Member
  • 2161 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 17 July 2015 - 10:49 PM

58936f9d5c.png
AKA Definitely-Not-A-Touhou-Clone

A Japanese-style bullet hell game (AKA danmaku game) similar in style to Touhou Project, a very well known Japanese indie series. The gameplay is heavily simplified however, to a death count system. Complete the game (not including the extra pattern) with a lower death count than your previous "highscore" for a new record.

Download: http://www.mediafire...Sky_Wars_v1.exe (Mirror here)

f090bb4c5a.png

Devlog:
Spoiler

Edited by Floofpaws, 20 July 2015 - 10:12 AM.

#13 The M

The M

Friendly Bush Thing

• GMC Member
  • 320 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 17 July 2015 - 11:01 PM

Download link

mP7huG0.png

It's happening!

s85EIMO.gif

Devlog:

Saturday:

Spoiler

Sunday:

Spoiler

Monday!

Spoiler

Edited by The M, 20 July 2015 - 11:08 PM.

znEVbqJ.png

#14 shadowspear1

shadowspear1

The Penumbra

• GMC Member
  • 157 posts

Posted 17 July 2015 - 11:17 PM

Download Linkhttps://www.dropbox....og Run.zip?dl=0

Theme and Handicap were followed.

I didn't get to finish the shop, which was supposed to be the main point of the game...  :wallbash:  :wallbash:  :wallbash:

My game: Try and outrun the nasty smog that has manifested all over Tokyo! Jump through the factory for as long as possible, and earn Yen along the way. Once your day has come to an end, you can purchase some items at the vending machine (Not much to see here, but please enjoy the sounds) to improve your abilities. Then go at it again! Fight your way out of corruption, and witness the true beauty of Japan.

iItYIMJ.png

Dev Log:

7/17

7:08pm - I find out about the theme and handicap... I can't think of anything. Googled "Japanese knowledge quotes" but got no inspiration for Jam games, only things that I could accomplish with a fully thought-out RPG or something.

8:30pm - Coming back to my computer, and still got nothin for a game idea. I decide to just start coding a 2d platformer engine cuz maybe it will work with what I come up with.

10:00pm - Many unproductive times later, I think of something! I played around with my engine a bit and I got some inspiriation for something I used to love playing and creating: upgrade games. But how do I combine this wi- oh yeah! I got an idea!

11:00pm - I'm thinking I can do a DoodleJump style infinite scroller, but continually upgrade how your character handles the game. Different unlocks are needed for certain blocks, maybe jump height will be necessary to reach higher jumps. Ideas are flowing now, this is good. Random screenshot:

Spoiler

7/18

10:00am - I don't feel so good, gonna go do stuff besides coding

2:00pm - Definitely feeling better now, so it's back to work! I need to get sprites handled today.

3:00pm - Started working on a vending machine where you can buy upgrades. I got the base "machine" down, but now I have to make a ton of 64x64 sprites for the items. I'm gonna go out on a very sturdy limb here and say this will take a while.

5:00pm - Finished a couple sprites for the items, it's hard to blend everything together and it's definitely taking some time.

7:00pm - Brainstorming ideas again, wondering how I can relate this game with the handicap and I actually came up with something clever! Tokyo has a very severe pollution issue and I could easily incorporate this into a 'purpose' for the game.

10:00pm - Thinking about adding enemies to make this more fun, so I do it. Wynaut

12:00am - Yen is going to be earned through reaching as high of a distance as possible, and enemies can help you out by dropping yen when they die! Better be careful though, cuz they just might end your run right there...

4:00am - That's all for today, didn't get as much done as I wanted but what can you expect. Even with my standards low I can't reach them xD Anyway, I made a gif showing off the Yen drops, cuz I like particles. They kinda remind me of those dog treats you buy for healthy teeth because they stand upright and are bouncy lol idk

Spoiler

7/19

1:30pm - Kinda forgot where I left off last time, so I messed around with making a few shop sprites.

3:00pm - While I was at it, I decided to finally get the shop over with. I was putting it off, but since it's such a vital part of the game, I decided on doing it now.

4:00pm - Progress was made, and it was not bad at all! Got my first item implemented into the shop; costs nothing, does nothing, but looks cool. I can dig it.

5:30pm - Worked on an awesome animation for when you buy something. Personally, it's my favorite thing about the shop :)

6:30pm - Since I was in an a artsy mood today, I took another step towards polishing my game: I started searching for music that would fit in the game, shop screen, and sound effects. Didn't take too long since I have a theme going on, and I put the sounds in.Good music and sounds really add another dimension to your game, and improve the overall quality immensely.

8:00pm - Added another feature to the shop: Japanese labels (Also, they turn English when hovered over. If only it was that easy in real life...)! Another important thing I might glance over beforehand, but it really helps blend my game into the Japanese style the handicap has set us to follow.

10:00pm - Decide levels are going to be the main focus, so I research random generation so things don't get stale.

11:00pm - Nothing I tried really suited my game, so I had to go another way: manually make a few rooms to pick from, and combine them to make a 'random' map. In my head it sounded like a lot of work, but I thought of something awesome: reading a BMP image, where 1 pixel = 1 tile! Sounds intimidating, but once I got used to ds_maps it was actually quite trivial.

12:00am - I now have 5 block patterns to choose from, each fills a whole room. They are loaded off of 25x19 px sprites that I drew, and this just makes things so much simpler. I can add more whenever I want, if needed.

1:00am - Player was having some problems when being loaded, so I fixed him up.

2:00am - Put in some smooth transitions, fade-ins, music fades, and just looks real smooth. Things are turning out well!

Spoiler

2:30am - Plans for tomorrow: Add in final shop features, make smog kill you (also, slow gravity when near and freeze grav when below it, so you don't fall forever during death animation), Make it so you can climb up forever (change room_height?) and generate new blocks when a new 'room' is reached, implement sectors (factory{5}, rig{10}, japan [3 layer parallax?, with clouds after 15?]{20}, space{inf}) enemy sprites, make enemies generate when patterns do, add attacks, attack animations (if time)

Edited by shadowspear1, 20 July 2015 - 11:09 PM.

f1kMpRd.png

#15 Sirham

Sirham

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 217 posts

Posted 17 July 2015 - 11:21 PM

RED SUN

AIW6DC7.png

LINK

I changed games 3 times. So here's the final one. Enjoy.

Edited by Sirham, 20 July 2015 - 05:50 PM.

AczgxAZ.png

#16 rui.rosario

rui.rosario

Membery Member

• GMC Member
  • 519 posts

Posted 17 July 2015 - 11:32 PM

THE GAME

Game Title: Sore o kopi

Description: You have two paths to choose: either calmly learn how to draw Japanese characters and enjoy some poems about them, or try to draw them as quickly as possible and then boast about your result to your friends!

Download Link: Zip File

Official Topic: Alpha Projects

My University project ate up all of my time to search for more content. I'll try to update the link every time I add more content, but I don't know how much content I'll be able to sneak in.

Devlog:

Spoiler

Edited by rui.rosario, 20 July 2015 - 10:31 PM.

Remember me as the one who can't be remembered

#17 Chaosmore

Chaosmore

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 37 posts

Posted 17 July 2015 - 11:39 PM

ThemeTitle: WW2: housekeeping Rogue (working title)

Untitled Samurai Game

DlnwDe2.gif?1

Download

this is the laziest game I ever made. look at it. it doesn't even have a title screen or tutorial or whatsoever.

Engine Used:

Fox Anim Editor by GamerXP

GML Block Engine by LewisX

Edited by Chaosmore, 20 July 2015 - 09:55 PM.

This guy is a wanted english murderer.

6cBJSkv.png?1

#18 Snail_Man

Snail_Man

Level Builder

• GMC Member
  • 1876 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 12:04 AM

RMDT_logo.png
RMDT_Screen.png
DOWNLOAD (GAMEJOLT)
TOPIC

Devlog
Spoiler

Edited by Snail_Man, 20 July 2015 - 11:42 PM.

Farewell, old GMC.
Although you stole my posts, I shall remember thee always.

Soundcloud : Wizard Battle

#19 GameGoblin

GameGoblin

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 4325 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 12:20 AM

Title.png

Chie

Download

You play the game as a cute kitten, Chie. Chie is
very interested in visiting new places and likes to share whatever she has learnt from various places. This time, she is going to tell you interesting facts about Japan. But, beware! Evil cats and spinning Japanese fans are gonna kill Chie if you don't play it right. Save Chie from all the enemies and keep learning new things throught the 8 levels.

Controls

Left Arrow - Move left

Right Arrow - Move right

Z Key - Jump

Note that to go to the next level, you must hit the right border of the room. You are unable to do so if Chie is telling you something.

Special Items

Rice ball - Earns you 5 points.

Blue Cat Face - Saves you from various dangers for 5 seconds.

Sauce bottle - Earns you 15 points and makes Chie tell interesting stuff about herself and Japan.

Screenshots

screenshot103.png

screenshot105.png

screenshot106.png

screenshot109.png

screenshot111.png

Development Log (GMT +5.30)
Spoiler

Edited by GameGoblin, 20 July 2015 - 02:43 PM.

#20 DocNogloff

DocNogloff

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 215 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 12:28 AM

SAMURAI DELI

When a samurai is bored, or forced by his master to do something other than fighting, what would they do? Cooking of course!

Welcome to SAMURAI DELI! A place where your apetite will be satisfied with a healthy dose of Japanese food facts, Japanese food, extreme loyalty and absolutely NO preservatives!

Crappy haiku devlog

Spoiler

I cannot dev log :(

Too busy working on game

But it is done now!

CLICK THIS TEXT LINE TO DOWNLOAD! (Google Drive)

Edited by DocNogloff, 20 July 2015 - 05:25 PM.

This forum's kicked the archive bucket bruh. It's in a better place....or will be soon.
Not like I could update that sentence in time for the shutdown, or anything, heh

#21 mr magnus

mr magnus

Viking King

• GMC Member
  • 3739 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 12:41 AM

80154-7greheer.jpg

Download from GameJolt 

GMC Game Topic

Unfortunatly, it seems like the world is ending. 
 Bummer.

However, you where quite the runner back in your youth and you won't let no meteor stop you, no way no how. Pick up a gun and blast your way through the building Anarchy forming on the streets. Run away from the intending end of all things.

YOU CAN DO IT, I BELIEVE IN YOU!!

And even if you can't do it, well, at least maybe you get a high score.

run away. Spend your hard earned points between lives. become the greatest runner at the end of the world!

...or die, that's also a perfectly respectable option.

Tag along and go for a top score in this mildly Asian themed infintite action game / runner combination. Avoid the flaming wall behind you for as long as you can; take down those that oppose you and battle the dragons that haunt the end of the world.

This is a double entry for the GMC jam AND the Indies vs Gamers Gamejolt Jam. As such I started earlier than usually with my work officially starting Friday afternoon. To compensate the fact that I have extra time I will enter the GMC jam the same moment I enter the game into the Indies vs Gamers jam, giving me just 72 hours to finish the game. 

EPIC SCREENSHOT!

Spoiler

Edited by mr magnus, 20 July 2015 - 02:09 AM.

#22 kepons

kepons

The Pear

• GMC Member
  • 999 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 12:53 AM

dbba9b7fff.pngebus (unique name)

DOWNLOAD

I had learned somewhere that rebuses were very popular in Japan in at some point in the past. Here will be my game based on that.

Have some delicious screenshots:

Spoiler

Day 1:

Spoiler

Day 2:

Spoiler

Day 3:

Spoiler

Edited by kepons, 20 July 2015 - 10:05 AM.

This forum has been archived. The content above may differ from my current opinion.

Twitter | GameJolt | Ask.fm
prize_award_4_zpsvm0hohkp.png

#23 TheStolenBattenberg

TheStolenBattenberg

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 198 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 01:18 AM

~ SHE'S HAD ENOUGH ~
Mediafire Download: http://www.mediafire..._Had_Enough.zip

Dropbox Download: https://www.dropbox....Enough.zip?dl=0

KNOWN BUGS:
1) The text which tells you the next area through a door doesn't appear to work when you're full screen. It's not too big of an issue though.

Game Title: She's had Enough! 

Concept/Story:
Yula is mad. The pure imagination of thousands of teen fantasies has placed her into a world with the most disgusting of creatures, and horrible devices! And of course she'd have a gun, and have to fight them off? I mean, what kinda Anime fantasy doesn't have the hot pink hair anime girl saving the day!

Genre: Action

Developer Log:
18th of July, 2015. 02:09 GMT+0: (Codename - ObsessedWithTubsofJam)

Spoiler

18th of July, 2015. 06:27 GMT+0: (Codename - EyesBurntFromLackofSleep)
Spoiler

19th of July, 2015. 03:21 GMT+0: (Codename - GetSomeDamnSleepMan)
Spoiler

Edited by TheStolenBattenberg, 20 July 2015 - 10:58 PM.

Mentis Animae
~ game development across the world ~

#24 LightFiber

LightFiber

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 184 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 02:37 AM

underworld.regular.png

creatorcredits-bb.regular.png

A sound based game about a Japanese POW during WWII, looking for an escape from a pitch black cell. He has something greater to discover than an exit.

progress_log_text.png

Spoiler

Edited by LightFiber, 19 July 2015 - 09:10 AM.

2a7ubuv.jpg  

#25 hippyman

hippyman

Dirty Stinky Hippy

• GMC Member
  • 837 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 02:42 AM

header.png?dl=0

gmcjam19_header.gif?dl=0

A bad joke

Spoiler

Current Log:

7.20.2015 6:28 PM Central Time

-Done. The story is pretty lame but it's done and I'm happy enough with that. I hope you guys like it. :)

DOWNLOAD

Old Logs:

Spoiler

Edited by hippyman, 21 July 2015 - 12:00 AM.

badge.png?dl=0

HM Audio Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/hm-audio

#26 NTGuardian

NTGuardian

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 46 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 07:38 AM

The Red Seal

GMCJam8_zps8hvetuqc.gif

You own a 17th century Japanese Red Seal ship, and have the authority (given by the shogun) to trade with foreigners. Make a profit, but beware! Pirates lurk the seas!

Follow me on Twitter @NTGuardian

Most recent (Twitter) update:

#GMCJam 12:16: The game is complete! I'm proud of the final outcome too. First game jame went well. #GameJam #gamedev #indiedev #gamemaker

Credit:

uinku's sprite sheet is the source of most graphics (water, ports, folliage, cannon, some ships). Other sprites were made by me. The font is also from dafont.com.

Link:

https://www.dropbox.....0.0.4.exe?dl=0

Old (Twitter) updates:

Spoiler

Edited by NTGuardian, 20 July 2015 - 06:58 AM.

#27 ghandpivot

ghandpivot

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 126 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 08:27 AM

CHARLIE'S SPIRITUAL ADVENTUREXBn3Lmn.gif

DOWNLOAD HERE! (dropbox)

Mirror (MediaFire)

I'm entering again, my second time with the GMC Jam! Hope you all enjoy   :)

SANXH7c.png

DEVLOG 

Spoiler

Edited by ghandpivot, 20 July 2015 - 07:35 PM.

4th place with "I do remember".

4th place with "God's Laboratory"

6th place with "Charlie's Spiritual Adventure"

jnjwP4M.png

#28 GameDevDan

GameDevDan

RIP current GMC

• Global Moderators
  • 1453 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 09:19 AM

スーパー ミツバチ クラスタ オン スズメバチ

SUPER HONEYBEES CLUSTER ON HORNET

DOWNLOAD

Finished_5_zpsc4zwivlp.png

Screenies

http://i118.photobuc...zps43nrgoe3.png

http://i118.photobuc...zpspratwbea.png

http://i118.photobuc...zps4wfunrzw.png

http://i118.photobuc...zps1vepuhvd.png

Day 3 - 17:40 BST - 65:40 Jam Time - 15:00 Work Time - FINISHED

Spoiler

Day 2 - 11:50 BST - 35:50 Jam Time - 3:00 Work Time

Spoiler

Day 1 - 10:15 BST - 10:15 Jam Time - 00:45 Work Time

Spoiler

See you all on the other side.

Back & share :)

#29 trg601

trg601

Member of the GMC

• GMC Member
  • 629 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 05:08 PM

Hashiru
By trg601 and moon489.

screen12.png
screen11.png

View game topic here!

Devlog: Times are on Central Daylight Savings Time (-7 hours from GMT)

Spoiler

Download via Mediafire (.exe)

Download via Mediafire (.zip)

Old GIFs and Screenshots
Spoiler

idle10.gifplayer10.gif

Edited by trg601, 20 July 2015 - 11:06 PM.

Because of the forum being archived, the above post is probably pretty old and may not reflect my current opinion.
If you want to find some of my games go to: Mutantbrain

#30 speedchuck

speedchuck

Because why not?

• GMC Member
  • 545 posts
  • Version:GM8.1

Posted 18 July 2015 - 05:57 PM

ARAKAWA RIVER

~16H into the jam
Started my game.

Main character:
Spoiler

~24H into the jam
Title Screen:
H5KT5vj.png

Gameplay:
Spoiler

~36H into the jam
Added a button that summons the boats
Fixed platforming glitches

~43H into the Jam
Added Kappas as an enemy type!

~46H into the jam
Fixed bugs, added collectibles and an HUD, began work on an NPC

~51H into the jam
Agh no it's about to be the last day and I have so much to do but I have more time so maybe I can squeeze out a working game

~62H into the jam
Made projectile attacks and started working on goals and story.

~65H into the jam
Finished most mechanics and all voice acting, now to program the sequences.

~66H into the jam
Finished everything but SFX and music
Lipflaps are sloppy and nobody will probably enjoy the game but whatever

~68H into the Jam
Done. Ugh.

Download here!
The game is basically a platformer/audiobook game

Edited by speedchuck, 20 July 2015 - 07:50 PM.

SghHBkv.pngimage.png

#31 Otyugra

Otyugra

Artist & Writer

• GMC Member
  • 618 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 08:00 PM

Island Trade

Sc_S3.png    Sc_S2.png

Genre: Strategy Card Game
Description: You represent one of the four large islands of Japan and must trade resources, insult/complement other islands, consult with an adviser, and decide whether you are an evil ruler or one for the people. It is a game that doesn't take itself too seriously while still being as fun.

Download Link:

IslandTrade.exe

Devblog:
Day zero: (four hours)

Spoiler

Day one: 
Spoiler

Day Two: 
Spoiler

Day Three: 

Spoiler

Edited by Nitemare38, 20 July 2015 - 03:36 PM.

r7sNbRa.png  (Nitemare38 = Otyugra)

Two and a half years of game development taught me the joy of making something unique and unconventional. It is not good enough to make a game fun when there are way too many other freeware games that make fun their selling point.

#32 Teroil

Teroil

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 116 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 11:35 PM

ULTIMATE JAPANESE SPACESHIP SHOOTER

xouJj7S.png

The game you all have very likely waited for, is about to be here.

VERY IMPORTANT AND HIGHLY NEEDED INFORMATION

The game is about a shooting spaceship, it takes place in Japan, and it's ultimate.

I know very little about Japan, but I do know quite a bit about underwear.

Visit my Twitter for a chance to be updated on the game's progress.

DISCLAIMER: I MIGHT ADD SCREENSHOTS

Edited by dadio, 22 July 2015 - 06:08 PM.

AczgxAZ.png

My YouTube Channel: TeroilGML | Game Maker Tutorials

My Website: Home | Teroil Corporations

My Twitter: @TeroilCorp

Ue6PQn6.png

#33 metromaniac

metromaniac

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 43 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 01:51 PM

unconventionalwarfare.png

UNCONVENTIONAL WARFARE

Shoot all the enemies and collect the divine stones to save your mother! Various weapons can be collected, each having different strengths and weaknesses. 

You play as a ninja, searching for the precious stones in a dojo with nothing but a shuriken gun.

Woo! First game jam complete!! I haven't been doing Game Development for very long so this was a great experience. Although I didn't get to complete everything I wanted (I had school, sporting commitments... ugh I had like no time ;/), it was still great fun!

DOWNLOAD

1.PNG

2.PNG

Edited by metromaniac, 20 July 2015 - 09:27 PM.

paralalx.pngyoutube-128.png     YHJ31J2.png

#34 Mocgames998

Mocgames998

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 118 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 11:31 PM

mr japans mind fart adventure

You are Mr Japan, who wants to go to Japan. All backgrounds are from google image search (with semi-proper crediting of images)

Basically a point and click except you move with the arrow keys. And you play as a guy in his undies. Other controls in the readme.

Download:

https://sites.google...redirects=0&d=1

Screenies:

Spoiler

Edited by Mocgames998, 19 July 2015 - 11:33 PM.

???

It looks like I can finally put something here, before the GMC goes down:

Spoiler

#35 aamatniekss

aamatniekss

The Caveman

• GMC Member
  • 486 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 12:01 PM

S1HOFRc.png

So yeah, I decided to join the jam on the last day.

Due to time restrictions, it's a simple endless runner.

Slash ninjas, slide under cows and avoid other obstacles, while trying to get as far as possible!

Download here Gamejolt download

216kkTn.gif

p.s don't mind the menu. :D

Edited by aamatniekss, 20 July 2015 - 08:14 PM.

There was a Caveman - Out on Steam!     Bacon Rebellion - Greenlit on Steam!
           ThiYB99.gif                                 1ZHNWVC.gif
                                                  Twitter - @Namatnieks

#36 Diptoman

Diptoman

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1906 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 12:16 PM

Title.png

Catch fishes. Make sushi.

Primary download link

GameJolt link (Older version, not recommended)

(OLDER) GIFS
Spoiler

SCREENSHOTS
Spoiler

CONTROLS (explained in-game additionally)
Spoiler

All assets made within time frame. Too exhausted to do devlog, so nope.
Whole team (Zombies Indie House + others): Diptoman Mukherjee (programming/design), Pranjal Bisht + Rahul Salim Narayanan (Art), Joel Montpetit (Audio), Elijah Lucian (Voice).

Thanks for playing!

Edited by Diptoman, 20 July 2015 - 09:29 PM.

#37 brainstorm

brainstorm

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 211 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 07:32 PM

Underwear says まあ (meh)

ブレインストーミングによって行われたジョークゲーム

(Translation A joke game made by brainstorm)

ADVISE: I used google translate for japanese characters, so may I've made some syntax errors.

Sequel of the succesless 'Minions says meh' of the GMC Jam #15(second last position).

Link: http://www.mediafire...erwear says.zip

MTGC2_WINNER_BANNER_brainstorm_100x100.p    5b05b309e42fdd73842f2fda3837eea1.gif

#38 Nallebeorn

Nallebeorn

Valar Morghulis

• GMC Member
  • 703 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 08:25 PM

SUPER SUSHI SAKUSEI GENERATOR

DOWNLOAD
Title.png

It's silly; stupid; and not very good (like, at all).

Make sushi—fish fish, kill fish, pick rice, collect wasabi! Get a rating! Is it good? Is it bad? Or is it something in-between?!

Also super-educational—learn random trivia (which you will skip anyway because no one is interesting in learning things these days) about the real world between levels!

SCREENSHOOTIES:

Spoiler

Edited by Nallebeorn, 20 July 2015 - 08:25 PM.

oldGMCsig1.png oldGMCsig2.png oldGMCsig3.png oldGMCsig4.png oldGMCsig5.png

#39 Mercerenies

Mercerenies

Koopa King

• GMC Member
  • 1945 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 09:01 PM

Flag Hunter

rzBI71l.png

Test your speed and flag knowledge in this fast-paced identification game. Yes, it always asks you to find the Japanese flag, but unless you can get some of the bonuses by identifying the other flags, you won't last long.

Download: https://www.mediafir...yra26ftv7h6bcla
iPqfGiP.png

#40 Monstr Gaming

Monstr Gaming

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 431 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 09:15 PM

Ultimate Ninja

Download - itch.io

Download - Dropbox

Fly about while doing flips and killing baddies, survive for as long as possible.

頑張って!  ^_^

Also, I've hidden the hype word. Basically, if you know the word, you'll find it  :whistle:

DJMDX9.pngs%2B1UxL.pngfnvq73.png

youtube.png

#41 dadio

dadio

Potato King

• YoYo Games Staff
  • 2740 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 10:19 PM

ANUDDA TOP NOTCH TITLE!!! ::lmao::

GOT DIS JAM IN DA BAG!!!

SPRINGY-SAN

o02zrb.jpg

https://www.dropbox....ngySan.exe?dl=0

Edited by dadio, 20 July 2015 - 10:22 PM.

AczgxAZ.png5aj9t5.jpg

#42 Greenblizzard

Greenblizzard

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 422 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 10:49 PM

Ninja Rusken:

http://host-a.net/u/...inja_Rusken.zip

ninjarusken2.png

Play as Rusken the ninja rabbit!

Kill mean enemy ninjas! Collect fireflies! Time trials! Boss fight!

No music included, so choose your own soundtrack!

(Couldn't get the time. And you wouldn't want my horrible home made compositions ;) )

Pics:

Spoiler

#43 RekNepZ

RekNepZ

GMC Historian

• GMC Member
  • 718 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 11:03 PM

Find Japan

rgJFu3M.png

A short platform adventure.

https://www.dropbox.... Japan.zip?dl=0

AczgxAZ.png

^kept in my sig for historical purposes^

#44 FCat

FCat

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 38 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 11:23 PM

Sumo Champions is a local multiplayer fighting game. The goal is to knock the other player offscreen.

Spoiler

https://www.mediafir...psjpaex1nsy1i02

#45 dadio

dadio

Potato King

• YoYo Games Staff
  • 2740 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 07:58 AM

dadio here posting on behalf of a few people who suffered last minute technical difficulties...

----------

Teroil's Jam Game:

http://gamejolt.com/...p-shooter/81221

There you go, sorry it tooked a while my internet really didn't want me to upload this :/

----------

Joh's Jam Game:

Battle Shounen EXTREME

presented by Joh

Defeat endless enemies while powering up like crazy!

scrsht_9.png

LINK

----------

LightFiber's Jam Game:

----------

Edited by dadio, 21 July 2015 - 08:05 AM.

AczgxAZ.png5aj9t5.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: games