#1 Nocturne

Nocturne

Nocturne Games

• Administrators
  • 25708 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 12 June 2015 - 09:55 AM

https://yoyogames.com/tech_blog/121

I'd love to be able to continue these tech blogs indefinitely, but unfortunately I can't... I've been writing them retro-actively until now, but with this weeks blog we are up to date with the development of my game Skein, and so further development diaries will be published as and when I have something new worth sharing. However, before I bow out for a few weeks, I'll leave you with a discussion of how I've been dealing with saving the game information and what different solutions I've come up with for things like player statistics, high scores, and level/checkpoint saves.

U1FVsm3.png

40799.png

#2 Barvix

Barvix

Legend Of Carrot

• GMC:Member
  • 1019 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 01:23 PM

:) Another tech blog!

Spoiler

I understand though, good luck with Skein, these logs have actually been a good read as well as inspiring, maybe a bit motivational.

#3 Ruub

Ruub

Finn The Human

• GMC Member
  • 762 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 10:44 AM

:) Another tech blog!

Spoiler

hooray! 

Spoiler

Edited by Ruub, 17 June 2015 - 10:50 AM.

#4 Nocturne

Nocturne

Nocturne Games

• Administrators
  • 25708 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 03:47 PM

Erm... 

Techblog series #2! 
Bringing the game to the world. Setting up Social Media, websites, blog posts, media coverage, mass fora spam/advertising all over the internet, guerilla marketing, adding marketing game references, visiting events, working together with popular channels and people, exclusive sales, publishers and most important: making the techblog more popular.

VERY unlikely. I hate social media, I hate marketing, and I hate conventions and all the damn "Oh, your game is soooo cool, maybe check mine out?" kind of social-backscratching stuff. I'll move it on my own social media feeds, but there'll be none of that aggressive marketing or things. I'm just not cut out for it... However, I'll certainly have at least one about my publishing experience and a few more about development. :)

U1FVsm3.png

40799.png

#5 HopelessComposer

HopelessComposer

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1337 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 07:01 PM

If you make a game worth playing, you won't need Techblog series#2. =P

Actually, with Steam, even if you make complete trash, there's still a good chance you won't need Techblog series#2. X'D

#6 Ruub

Ruub

Finn The Human

• GMC Member
  • 762 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 05:39 PM

Erm... 

Techblog series #2! 
Bringing the game to the world. Setting up Social Media, websites, blog posts, media coverage, mass fora spam/advertising all over the internet, guerilla marketing, adding marketing game references, visiting events, working together with popular channels and people, exclusive sales, publishers and most important: making the techblog more popular.

VERY unlikely. I hate social media, I hate marketing, and I hate conventions and all the damn "Oh, your game is soooo cool, maybe check mine out?" kind of social-backscratching stuff. I'll move it on my own social media feeds, but there'll be none of that aggressive marketing or things. I'm just not cut out for it... However, I'll certainly have at least one about my publishing experience and a few more about development. :)

Cool! I'm sure people will enjoy reading the publisher story:D

If you make a game worth playing, you won't need Techblog series#2. =P

Actually, with Steam, even if you make complete trash, there's still a good chance you won't need Techblog series#2. X'D

techblog series#2 isn't there to make the game loved, it's there to spread the love. (???)