Graphics Enthusiast

• GMC Member
  • 2774 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 17 May 2015 - 09:32 AM

Titan Rush

https://play.google....logy.Titan_Rush

Concept

Titan Rush is a bullet hell kind of shooter where you take on epic enemy boss battles, up to insane difficulty levels. The game relies heavily on random generation so it is always a little different: you can't learn the patterns so it will stay challenging. The game is requires you to react very quickly to different variations of incoming enemy fire. Titan Rush is designed specifically for touch screens on mobile devices. Using 10+ years of graphics experience, the game sets a new benchmark for the graphical and immersive capabilities of designing games using Game Maker: Studio. It runs exceptionally efficient for the quality it provides. If you have a modern smartphone, you can play it on maximum graphics without a problem.

Content

Titan Rush is a fast-paced, action packed side-scrolling shooter for Android, available NOW! Defend your home planet against the incoming human invasion! Unlock upgrades to become stronger and take on increasingly dangerous enemies! The humans are throwing everything they got in this all-out assault. Do you have the skills to handle it?
- Fast-paced & explosive action
- 50 levels to put your skills to the test
- Free expansion coming soon, featuring new ships, turrets & levels

Launch trailer

Screenshots

officialscreenshot01.png

officialscreenshot02.png

officialscreenshot03.png

officialscreenshot04.png

Get it now on Google Play!

https://play.google....logy.Titan_Rush

Edited by Phantom107, 18 May 2015 - 12:54 AM.

GMCSignature.png

The most advanced GM game yet. Check out the Titan Rush GMC topic here! Developed by Phantom Technology

Talented spriting artist, looking for work? PM me. I'm working on a small project and need assistance. :)

#2 Nocturne

Nocturne

Nocturne Games

• Administrators
  • 25708 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 10:55 AM

Installing now... Looks gorgeous! Really slick... I'll leave a comment on your Google Play page for the app when I've played a bit.

U1FVsm3.png

40799.png

#3 @Alex@

@Alex@

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 4734 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 17 May 2015 - 01:58 PM

Looks stunning, will download next time I've got my tablet out.

2mma14z.jpg 2nu6efl.jpg 28whvdt.jpg

#4 Gynganynja

Gynganynja

The Clickable Name

• GMC Member
  • 564 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 08:37 PM

Would love to try this again, downloading now :)

#5 Nocturne

Nocturne

Nocturne Games

• Administrators
  • 25708 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 10:12 PM

Fantastic game. Really well done, and just enough in it to make you want to buy it when the upsell screen is shown. On a mobile phone it can be difficult at times to see exactly what's going on due to the screen size and the finger getting in the way, but on a tablet this is just awesome. Any plans of a PC port? I honestly think that this on a PC with a gamepad would be really good fun... although you would maybe need to add a bit more depth to the gameplay (like permit the user to choose upgrades and special weapons).

U1FVsm3.png

40799.png

#6 Andy

Andy

GMC Veteran

• GMC Member
  • 1988 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 12:43 AM

This is a great game! It has beautiful graphics, and quality sound effects. The controls really are intuitive, and the game play is smooth.
You really put a ton of work into Titan Rush man! :)

Edited by Andy, 18 May 2015 - 12:45 AM.

Please visit my website, Andygames.com today!

#7 slayer 64

slayer 64

Slayer of gingers

• GMC Member
  • 4301 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 12:49 AM

*provives*

5y5rs3d.pngfg0UQNL.png

#8 Phantom107

Phantom107

Graphics Enthusiast

• GMC Member
  • 2774 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 03:20 PM

Thanks for your feedback!

I don't have plans to bring the current game to PC, as it is really designed for the way people use their mobile device.

I'd love to bring it to PC (and consoles) though, with more expansive battles and 2-player couch coop.

GMCSignature.png

The most advanced GM game yet. Check out the Titan Rush GMC topic here! Developed by Phantom Technology

Talented spriting artist, looking for work? PM me. I'm working on a small project and need assistance. :)

#9 CosMind

CosMind

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 171 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 09:12 PM

Hey buddy, just getting ready to check out this game -- but when I searched for it in Google Play another video game with the exact same "Titan Rush" title showed up.  You might consider slightly modifying your title so that it doesn't clash with another game that's already on the store.  I did find your game, however, by scrolling through the results.  I'm eager to start playing!

khw_banner_225x150.png

#10 Phantom107

Phantom107

Graphics Enthusiast

• GMC Member
  • 2774 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 06:33 PM

Hey CosMind, during development some other developer decided to call his game the same....unfrotunately. However I will not change mine. Next time I will use a project codename, and work with that. Lesson learned!

And by the way, when you search 'Titan Rush' now, my game is already higher ranked than that other one. :)

GMCSignature.png

#11 ThePC007

ThePC007

Chickenator

• GMC Member
  • 1062 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 01:45 PM

Looks really gorgeous. Downloading it now. Make sure to market it well. ;)

EDIT: It's kind of hard to play on the small screen of my Galaxy S3 mini. Apart of that it runs at a mere 20 FPS most of the time, making the game less fun to play. Since I don't own a tablet, I guess I'd have to wait for it to come out for the PC in order to play it properly. 

Edited by ThePC007, 25 May 2015 - 02:15 PM.

#12 HopelessComposer

HopelessComposer

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1337 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 02:53 PM

Looks good. If I find a tablet to play it on, I'll definitely check it out. =)

#13 Phantom107

Phantom107

Graphics Enthusiast

• GMC Member
  • 2774 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 01:04 PM

Titan Rush reviewed by Pixel Nostaligie (German): http://pixelnostalgi...roid-im-review/

GMCSignature.png

#14 Repix

Repix

Goodbye!

• GMC:Member
  • 816 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 01:30 PM

Android only? I think i'm going to cry a little over here :(

Take the pistol, aim the front towards yourself, pull the trigger, why? because it's not a prank gun no longer.

#15 FyodorKaramazov

FyodorKaramazov

Blind Crustacean God

• GMC Member
  • 104 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 03:14 PM

What can I say? Its not often you see a 3D game made in Game Maker that looked this polished. Fun stuff. Good job.  ^_^

"There are some qualities—some incorporate things,—that have a double life, which thus is made
A type of that twin entity which springs,—from matter and light, evinced in solid and shade."

- Edgar Allan Poe, "Silence"

#16 EduSholaTweets

EduSholaTweets

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 38 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 08:35 AM

This looks really nice can't wait to download it

#17 ThePC007

ThePC007

Chickenator

• GMC Member
  • 1062 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 09:08 AM

What can I say? Its not often you see a 3D game made in Game Maker that looked this polished. Fun stuff. Good job.  ^_^

I'm pretty sure that this is actually a 2D game. It's just using 3D-looking sprites and some awesome shader work to make it look 3D - and that makes it even more awesome. 

#18 Phantom107

Phantom107

Graphics Enthusiast

• GMC Member
  • 2774 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 11:44 AM

All of the graphics are 3D models, raytraced, and pre-rendered in 2D sprites. That's what makes it look so good as well as run so fast. :)

If the game were to come to platforms that are not on a battery, I could use the models to make it real 3D, no problem.

Edited by Phantom107, 26 May 2015 - 11:56 AM.

GMCSignature.png

#19 Repix

Repix

Goodbye!

• GMC:Member
  • 816 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 03:32 PM

All of the graphics are 3D models, raytraced, and pre-rendered in 2D sprites. That's what makes it look so good as well as run so fast. :)

If the game were to come to platforms that are not on a battery, I could use the models to make it real 3D, no problem.

PC Please.

Take the pistol, aim the front towards yourself, pull the trigger, why? because it's not a prank gun no longer.

#20 Phantom107

Phantom107

Graphics Enthusiast

• GMC Member
  • 2774 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 10:03 PM

I'm working on the game's first expansion :)

Here is some of the new enemy weaponry:

promo_large_rocket.png

Once the game gets bigger and the userbase larger, I will look into bringing it to PC. But only if the Android release can support the efforts. :)

GMCSignature.png

#21 hippyman

hippyman

Dirty Stinky Hippy

• GMC Member
  • 837 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 10:19 PM

I can personally vouch for this game and that was only for the play test version that I got some time ago. It's a really well made game and worth the download. Great work so far dude and keep it up!

Edit: I'm actually downloading it now to check out what's changed. Pretty cool seeing 20 reviews and still holding a 5 star! I think your work is definitely going to pay off here.

Oh my gooood this game is so hard!

Edited by hippyman, 28 May 2015 - 10:44 PM.

badge.png?dl=0

HM Audio Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/hm-audio

#22 Insanebrio

Insanebrio

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 471 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 08:16 PM

Just more than amazing. The gameplay is good and the graphic is just too amazing. And you did the impossible, adding an amazing lightning on an android game. On my oneplus one runs perfectly smoth (around 200 fps_real), but it should run well even on my tablet, cant wait to try it.
Some friend of mine told me that you cant make good games with game maker, but games like this shows how gms can make games better than the average of the store

Edit: get full star each level is hard. I LOVE IT

Edited by Insanebrio, 29 May 2015 - 08:17 PM.

#23 Phantom107

Phantom107

Graphics Enthusiast

• GMC Member
  • 2774 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 10:52 PM

I'm working on the game's first expansion (1.1). The main priority is to create more diversity in the gameplay. :)

There will be new enemy turrets as well as smaller and tiny enemy units.

wip46.png

GMCSignature.png

#24 Phantom107

Phantom107

Graphics Enthusiast

• GMC Member
  • 2774 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 09:44 PM

Development update, working on smaller enemy ships.

wip47.png

Also working on tiny 'popcorn' enemies that come in huge numbers :)

GMCSignature.png

#25 Phantom107

Phantom107

Graphics Enthusiast

• GMC Member
  • 2774 posts

Posted 23 August 2015 - 09:18 PM

Over 1,700 downloads currently

After a break from Titan Rush where I worked on other projects, I'm now back developing the Windows/Mac engine for the game which will feature a lot of graphical goodies

GMCSignature.png

#26 Phantom107

Phantom107

Graphics Enthusiast

• GMC Member
  • 2774 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 01:29 PM

Just got word that Titan Rush will be added to YoYoGames' showcase!

GMCSignature.png

#27 NotWhoYouThink

NotWhoYouThink

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1061 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 03 September 2015 - 01:46 PM

Looks incredible. GOOD JOB.

May I ask what program you used for 3D modelling, and how you would get that into GM:S? Sorry, remembered you rendered them 2D.

Edited by Flaeon, 03 September 2015 - 01:47 PM.

This forum is archived. The above may not reflect my current opinion, or may be irrelevant now.

#28 Speederman

Speederman

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 32 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 01:14 PM

Amazing! This is a really good game. Congratulations...

Edited by Speederman, 11 September 2015 - 01:14 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: android, shooter, action, arcade, 2d