#1 Mike.Dailly

Mike.Dailly

Evil YoYo Games Employee

• Administrators
  • 5277 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 16 May 2015 - 08:27 PM

http://store.steampo...com/app/214850/

Currently 50% off! A day and a bit to go....

#2 mr magnus

mr magnus

Viking King

• GMC Member
  • 3739 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 08:37 PM

For a moment I thought you had released a new Flash module and I was extremely confused as to why that was better/more needed than the HTML5 one.

#3 Lonewolff

Lonewolff

Permanent Resident

• GMC Member
  • 3517 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 11:01 PM

For a moment I thought you had released a new Flash module and I was extremely confused as to why that was better/more needed than the HTML5 one.

Ha! Me too.

I had absolutely no sleep last night so that was the first thing that came to my mind also :P

#4 Barvix

Barvix

Legend Of Carrot

• GMC:Member
  • 1019 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 02:14 AM

Ha! Me too.

I had absolutely no sleep last night so that was the first thing that came to my mind also :P

So I wasn't alone :P

I think they should maybe change the title so it's not as confusing

#5 jd_portugal

jd_portugal

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 131 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 17 May 2015 - 03:02 AM

Does any one know if there is a problem with buying a module via steam when i have the studio bought on the yoyogames site?

#6 Nocturne

Nocturne

Nocturne Games

• Administrators
  • 25708 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 04:46 AM

Does any one know if there is a problem with buying a module via steam when i have the studio bought on the yoyogames site?

If you've bought Pro from the YYG site then you get a Steam key which can be used to get the Steam version, and then you should be able to buy any additional modules. However I think that the Steam modules you buy will only be available ON Steam. I know YYG have been working to fix this with the YoYo Account system, but I believe that at the moment you'd end up with the Steam version+modules and the desktop version "as is".

U1FVsm3.png

40799.png

#7 chance

chance

GMC Member

• Global Moderators
  • 8762 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 12:19 PM

However I think that the Steam modules you buy will only be available ON Steam.

I've always been confused by this.  For example, can the exported games be published only on Steam?  Or outside of Steam, like the Google Store, iTunes, etc.?   The module description on Steam suggests users can publish them anywhere.

Android creates ways to connect and share the latest apps through the world’s biggest Android marketplaces including ‘Google Play’, Barnes and Noble’s ‘NOOK Apps’, Amazon’s ‘Appstore for Android’ and Samsung’s ‘Samsung Apps’ to name but a few.

(on another page)

GameMaker: Studio™ allows you to export your game as a native app for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch devices which can then be submitted like any other XCode application to the App Store.

#8 Nocturne

Nocturne

Nocturne Games

• Administrators
  • 25708 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 12:58 PM

The steam modules are the same as the YYG pnes. Ie: you buy them and use them to make games for whatever platform you wish, and these games can be published to all the regular app stores. It's simply that you must use the Steam version of GM to access those modules if you have bought them on Steam. So, if you have desktop and steam, then buy Android for Steam, you can only compile for Android through the Steam GMS, not Desktop. But it can still be used to upload to the Google Play store.

U1FVsm3.png

40799.png

#9 chance

chance

GMC Member

• Global Moderators
  • 8762 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 01:38 PM

(snip)  you can only compile for Android through the Steam GMS, not Desktop.   But it can still be used to upload to the Google Play store.

Ah, got it.  I thought that was the case after reading the module description on Steam.   Thanks for making it clear.

#10 andri_fahlevi

andri_fahlevi

GMC Member

• 1 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 01:49 PM

hi, im new on this, im still confusing to buy gms pro steam edition what different with gms steam free?...

im look at website different :

Texture Management
Multiple Configurations
Team Features
Developer Services Portal (DSP)
Mobile Testing (Android)
GameMaker: Player Export
Windows Desktop Module + YoYo Compiler + Export
Windows App Module + YoYo Compiler + Export

is this same with steam edition too?...

because i just start tutorial and dont have any coding exp, and i saw sale 50% so i tempted to bought it

btw why no one yoyo dev employee active on steam community hub?...its really help

My PIC :

BBM        : 75754104
Mobile     : +6282142040003
Gmail      : andri.fahlevi84@gmail.com
LINE        : andri_fahlevi
Instag.     : andri_fahlevi84

#11 freaknarf

freaknarf

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 29 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 12:32 PM

Hi there...

I've read on spring sales announcement  "GameMaker: Studio Professional now includes the Mac OS X and Ubuntu modules, you don't need to purchase them separately unless you purchased GameMaker: Studio Professional before 18th May 2015."

So buying this on steam should be really cool right now... But i doubt it works this way. So am I wrong ? Is it possible to have both exports module packaged with the 50$ version on steam right now ? this seems dizzy to me.

Cheers !

knarf.

#12 Mozzy

Mozzy

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 46 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 08:07 PM

Yeah, Ive signed up to ask the same question, Ive heard that if you buy GM:S from the site, you are given a steam key to download it from Steam.?

But, Do you still get the Mac OS X and Ubuntu modules free with the Steam key .?

I use Steam a lot, it would be Great if i knew the differances between the Steam version and the Site version.!

Surely, you get what you pay for whichever you use.?

Edited by Mozzy, 18 May 2015 - 08:11 PM.

#13 superian

superian

GMC Member

• 9 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 10:09 AM

.. and I've signed up to say that I am rather miffed to see that if I had held off buying GM:S Professional on Steam for a short while, I would (probably?) have got the Ubuntu export included. (Oh, and the Mac OS X one.)

As it stands, now the sale is over, I'm being expected to pay £65 for it, the same as the current price of GM:S Pro.

Grrr. 

#14 Slammin Sam

Slammin Sam

I craft juicy things

• GMC Member
  • 854 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 12:07 AM

Do not buy on Steam!! Buy from YoYo directly and you'll be given a Steam key as well

Nothing to see here...move along

#15 Morpheus_UK

Morpheus_UK

GMC Member

• 1 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 05:49 PM

75% off on steam!!!!!!!!

#16 jd_portugal

jd_portugal

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 131 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 11 June 2015 - 07:37 PM

The steam modules are the same as the YYG pnes. Ie: you buy them and use them to make games for whatever platform you wish, and these games can be published to all the regular app stores. It's simply that you must use the Steam version of GM to access those modules if you have bought them on Steam. So, if you have desktop and steam, then buy Android for Steam, you can only compile for Android through the Steam GMS, not Desktop. But it can still be used to upload to the Google Play store.

Does that mean that I can still use the android module if I buy via steam even if i only have the pro that I bought from the yoyogames(and not on steam)?

#17 TsukaYuriko

TsukaYuriko

Remember... and never forget

• Global Moderators
  • 9535 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 08:46 PM

Yes, but whatever you buy on Steam will only work in the Steam version of GM:Studio, since buying from Steam does not grant you a license key (unlike buying from YoYo, which grants you both a license key and a Steam key). You can retrieve your Steam key for GM:S Pro using the license recovery on the official site, then activate that on Steam and buy whatever modules you want from Steam.

yBGBXQa.pngmWOQbeq.png

#18 Lonewolff

Lonewolff

Permanent Resident

• GMC Member
  • 3517 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 12:51 AM

Yes, but whatever you buy on Steam will only work in the Steam version of GM:Studio, since buying from Steam does not grant you a license key (unlike buying from YoYo, which grants you both a license key and a Steam key). You can retrieve your Steam key for GM:S Pro using the license recovery on the official site, then activate that on Steam and buy whatever modules you want from Steam.

$25 for the desktop modules as opposed to $59 from YYG, though.

Even though I love YYG $35 is a fair difference for the ability to have keys in and out of Steam.

I have taken my chances and purchased the Ubuntu module direct from Steam.

#19 jinchoung

jinchoung

GMC Member

• 6 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 07:53 AM

woo hoo!

thanks yoyo! bought into pro, html5 and android. was gonna go ios but discovered at the last minute that you need a mac in order to submit things to app store!

in the last summer sale, there was a clickteam fusion sale so i purchased their base package and it seems similar in many ways to game maker and it seems very powerful...

but the paths to learning the program are very haphazard... they have a lot of case study kind of stuff where you are taught to do one specific thing but they don't have a good set of foundation/basics/principles tutorials. there are lots of folks who like this way of learning... just diving in and mucking about and asking lots and lots of questions on forums... alas, i don't work that way. i need a very regimented way of learning things from A - Z, especially since my biggest goal is to just get really familiar with programming concepts.

and man, is your "let's learn game maker series" on youtube freaking PERFECT for that! whoever that guy is, he's a GREAT educator and that's not something that everyone can say. he identifies topics that need clarification and niggling little details that would stump newbs if he didn't elaborate on it. just the fact that he has a video on "workflow" shows that he knows the questions that are in most peoples heads when they're trying to learn this.

also, the fact that there are a LOT of books on game maker studio from really basic stuff all the way to tomes just on the GML language... for me going from fusion 2.5 to game maker studio is like going from a wilderness to a garden. fusion had ONE book that i could get from amazon and it was super super basic and didn't cover the questions that i had.

i have a feeling i'm going to be buying a looooot of game maker studio books in the near future and i'll do it gladly.

again, this is not to slam clickteam's product. as i said, it looks very powerful and it does its thing in its own way and its good for people who mesh with that style.

but i didn't mesh with it. and i am very glad to have found my way here.

anyway, thanks again for a great deal that facilitated me jumping in with both feet. now off to continue my education.

#20 RizBitUK

RizBitUK

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 33 posts

Posted 23 January 2016 - 05:46 PM

i want to buy the windows phone export module.  (I use windows 10 64 bit and have a windows 8 phone to test on)

when i load studio it keeps showing me the winter sale, 50% off,

when i click on it to go and buy it the price is shown as $299 (full price)  so is the sale over, whens the next one?