#1 Floofpaws

Floofpaws

Fox

• GMC Member
  • 2161 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 27 April 2015 - 11:03 PM

77d60abe35.png

This is an alternate history. The Cold War stretched on for many many years until one side unintentionally fired off some of their nuclear weaponry. The Earth is dying. Very little life remains on the planet's surface, except for the most hardy or the most lucky organisms. The few remaining humans did not come out unscathed; many were disabled in a variety of ways, suffered permanent post-traumatic stress disorder, or formed mutations. This is the story of one girl caught in the middle of a tension zone between opposing tribes.

Download: https://www.mediafir...pno4oqo4z1ip1aj

116bb9c2ba.png

Edited by Floofpaws, 28 April 2015 - 02:07 AM.

#2 TheUltimate

TheUltimate

Life is Awesome

• GMC Member
  • 1147 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 28 April 2015 - 04:18 AM

Wait wait wait. Didn't you make a game about freezing things by click and drag? I saw gifs but can't seem to find a link to it.

The game in this topic looks very pretty, but there are only three screens and there's not much to comment on.

image.png

- Awesome games from around here: Unlimited - Legena: New Dawn - PlanIt - Tinha War - CountAir Strike -

#3 Floofpaws

Floofpaws

Fox

• GMC Member
  • 2161 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 28 April 2015 - 04:35 AM

Wait wait wait. Didn't you make a game about freezing things by click and drag? I saw gifs but can't seem to find a link to it.

The game in this topic looks very pretty, but there are only three screens and there's not much to comment on.

There wasn't enough time to do what I wanted and some various things came up, and the freezing thing turned out to be a little awkward to use. That idea needs some refining. This didn't feel complete enough to submit, not even close, but I really had no choice, either release as-is or not at all.

Edited by Floofpaws, 28 April 2015 - 04:36 AM.

#4 Braisque

Braisque

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 92 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 30 April 2015 - 12:26 PM

Good lord, I hope you'll have the time and the motivation to finish that. It is cute and poetic ; I love it so far. I kinda feel jealous for not being the one who made that :P.

Yet, there's a lot to comment on that only, concerning the story, the staging, the narration, those visual elements which implies the story (best kind of narration, to my opinion - the tent, the cat-girl like). I could feel the cold, nearly the rain. I loved that mysterious atmosphere that game configuration built.

I'd like to see more ! I'm definitly following your progress. Thanks for sharing.

doll_banner_for.jpg

If you click on the banner, you can visit my indieDB page.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: desktop, platformer, 2d