#1 Nocturne

Nocturne

Nocturne Games

• Administrators
  • 25708 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 24 April 2015 - 03:18 PM

https://www.yoyogame...m/tech_blog/114

After adding in lights to the game, I set about expanding and developing a bit more the enemies and magic/inventory for the player. I also set about creating a proper HUD to show the controls on devices as well as the player information - health, gold, the current level and whether they had a key or not (I had also made it so that certain levels are "lockable" and require a key to leave, hence the space for a key in the HUD). I'll talk a bit more about these additions in next weeks blog, but this week I want to talk about a small crisis I had while working on these things...

U1FVsm3.png

40799.png

#2 NazGhuL

NazGhuL

From NazTaiL

• GMC Member
  • 2368 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 05:02 PM

As always, very inspiring blog.

:)

tag_mtmapo.jpgtag_marketplace.jpgtag_fake_light.jpg

#3 Barvix

Barvix

Legend Of Carrot

• GMC:Member
  • 1019 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 10:00 PM

Eh, "The Tears of Nocturne" sounds about right for a mid game crisis :P Pretty cool and just in time for the Jam!

#4 Ninety

Ninety

I just want to see if the mods will waive the character limit.

• GMC Member
  • 846 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 25 April 2015 - 09:21 AM

Just read through the whole thing, it's looking great. Definitely agree with your decision to target desktop and the higher resolution looks so much better.

ka0eZdt.png
twitter | soundcloud | gmcomicified | ask.fm | homestead | itch.io | TIGsource

goodnight, sweet prince

#5 GameGoblin

GameGoblin

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 4325 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 03:57 PM

It's a nice piece of text, and the whole series should motivate hundreds of GameMaker developers. I like how you've been naming these. I'm just busy with Barvix working on our Jam game, but I'm sure that I'll leave a review on the whole series, very soon. Nice work!

#6 Mr. RPG

Mr. RPG

GMC's Forum Troll

• GMC Member
  • 3227 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 02:12 AM

These new tech blogs really make me want to revive my old Gauntlet-like game. :P

#7 HopelessComposer

HopelessComposer

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1337 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 04:26 PM

Why not just drop mobile altogether?". Woah. Now that was something I hadn't thought about.

Heh. Developing for mobile isn't something I'd even think about, so I chuckled at this a little. What a world we live in! D':

I'm glad you came back over into the light, Nocturne. ;)

Also laughed at the "To make a logo, I find something I like, then kind of copy it, but change it enough so nobody will notice, lol." Of course we all do stuff like this, or we'd never get anything done, but most of us don't have the balls to admit it, so good on you, hahah. X'D

Edited by HopelessComposer, 26 April 2015 - 04:30 PM.