2 replies to this topic

#1 Retroman85

Retroman85

A GMC Game Historian

• GMC Member
  • 72 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 26 March 2015 - 05:04 PM

Now, listen. This game does use visual and auditory effects. Of course none of which can harm you mentally. I'm not that mean. But If you happen to get headaches easily, or have sensitive eyes then you shouldn't play this game.

Anyway, I wanted to make an 80s Arcade game like Polybius (A mind melting Arcade Game that effected players in many ways) but obviously not as gruesome.

The point of the game is to simply destroy Nuclear Reactors by destroying these Surge Caps... which keep the reactor stable.

However, nuclear energy from within the reactor can bypass the wall of the reactor and try to destroy your ship and you. These masses of nuclear energy are known as Pluton Charges. Pluton Charges cannot be destroyed and aim directly at you, so keep moving! You can only destroy the Surge Caps- which can't harm you either! This game also uses a 3Dish style perspective (really uses 2D)

This game does have settings and such. I also added a saving system.

By pressing "0" can go to the Service Mode and edit whatever to your specifications.

Controls

Spoiler

Screenshots

Spoiler

Downloads

Spoiler

Thanks for reading!

Edited by Retroman85, 27 March 2015 - 12:17 AM.

Vorswrath - Retro 1980s Arcade Game (REMAKING)  ::   Star Defender - Retro 1980s Arcade Game (DONE W/ ARTWORK)

StarField - SUPERRETRO 1970s Arcade Game (DONE W/ ARTWORK ::   Altered - Retro 1980s Arcade Game (DONE W/ ARTWORK)

#2 Elmernite

Elmernite

Kengine

• GMC Member
  • 424 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 27 March 2015 - 02:28 AM

I really love the way you sell it completely as a retro experience. All the way down to the System start up "checks" and dip switches. Really felt like an old retro arcade game. I mean that in both a good, and bad way. The gameplay is super simple. Gets boring pretty quick, but well worth playing for the total retro feel. Really nice job with the pseudo 3d.

Nice touch on the different sounds for coins, I noticed that and max out my coin count just adding coins to hear the sounds.

-Elmernite

rsbanner.png
Kengine Gaming "Kengine Gaming is the best GM site I've seen" - flubmasterQ
"Good games never die" - Elmernite

#3 Retroman85

Retroman85

A GMC Game Historian

• GMC Member
  • 72 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 27 March 2015 - 06:10 AM

Thank you for your feedback! I have been thinking of things to add to make the game more fun. The gameplay does speed up adding rushing sense of adrenaline to you and the gameplay. I also added a "Tilt" feature I forget to mention in the game. By pressing "T" you reset the game as well as trigger an alarm.

Vorswrath - Retro 1980s Arcade Game (REMAKING)  ::   Star Defender - Retro 1980s Arcade Game (DONE W/ ARTWORK)

StarField - SUPERRETRO 1970s Arcade Game (DONE W/ ARTWORK ::   Altered - Retro 1980s Arcade Game (DONE W/ ARTWORK)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: windows, shooter, arcade, retro, adventure