It's actually called "Sprite Area Analyzer",but noone will get what it do from the name, so let's call it "Random point inside a sprite".
This system allows you to quickly find uniformly distributed random point inside any sprite.
Why would you want to find a random point inside a sprite? Usually, for effects like burning, different auras, etc.
Free Download Link (For non-commercial usage only)
Feel free to download it from free link if you just want to take a look or not planning on selling your game. Otherwise - please, buy it, ok? It's only 3$.
Yep. If you're already downloaded it for free from marketplace, but wishing to send me some money - my PayPal is email@example.com
1. Call global initialization script.
2. Add sprites to the system.
3. Call script that will return random point.
1. High performance of random point script.
2. Quick setup.
3. Multiple options for generating area data, that's used to find random point.
4. Cache system to save previously generated area data.
5. Two-step area generation script, that will allow to recreate existing area data must faster.
6. Draw function for previewing.
For area data generation, it's recommended to use YYC since it improve performance a lot. After data is generated, cache system can be used instead for quick loads.
Drawing works in Create events no more. (Except first room create event)
Since this system uses surfaces for edge detection - you can make parsing calls only from 2 places:
1. First room's create events.
2. Draw event (make sure to call it only once of course)
Just so you know. If sprite data is not generated - you probably used it from some bad place.
PS. Init function and cache functions can be used from anywhere.
PS. Will be glad to hear comments, suggestions... and bugreports maybe (since I tested it only on Windows).
PPS. Come to think of it, I better make it free since I just want some feedback anyway.
PPPS. Changed paypent terms. It's free from non-comercial usage only now (search free download link somewhere in the post). Though, I can't stop you from pirating it.
Edited by GamerXP, 01 October 2015 - 03:41 PM.