5 replies to this topic

#1 mr magnus

mr magnus

Viking King

• GMC Member
  • 3739 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 27 January 2015 - 12:52 AM

Hello chaps. as per usual I participated in the GMC Jam and while I hate to take away room in the forums for actual games that didn't take 6 stressful hours to make I still wanted to keep it open if someone would want to comment on the game.

Beyond Limbo
A morbid text adventure.

Welcome to Limbo, where you awaken in a white misty room. In front of you are two clocks, and their misaligned ticking is driving you insane. Roam the halls of limbo as you do your best to feel redemption for your actions, where you'll die in different ways and where death isn't what it seems. Become confused as the game offers you almost no clues nor do the clues that it would have given made sense nor helped you discovering what to do next. sorry. Next time I'll try to have more free time to actually implement more contextual gamplay.

But give it a go; maybe you'll like it, maybe you'll hate it, maybe you'll get confused, maybe all of the above, maybe you'll even manage to win!

DROPBOX LINK

I quite liked the idea of this game, so maybe I'll remake it later. Let me know what you think and I'll take it into consideration if I further develop this.

I'd provide screenshots but there isn't much to look at:
eFScLQS.png

Happy Jamming!

Edited by mr magnus, 27 January 2015 - 12:56 AM.

#2 Retroman85

Retroman85

A GMC Game Historian

• GMC Member
  • 72 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 06 February 2015 - 01:08 AM

This game is a very nice, yet kind of sad, game! It seems to use elements of Zork. Is there an ending?

Vorswrath - Retro 1980s Arcade Game (REMAKING)  ::   Star Defender - Retro 1980s Arcade Game (DONE W/ ARTWORK)

StarField - SUPERRETRO 1970s Arcade Game (DONE W/ ARTWORK ::   Altered - Retro 1980s Arcade Game (DONE W/ ARTWORK)

#3 mr magnus

mr magnus

Viking King

• GMC Member
  • 3739 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 11:25 AM

This game is a very nice, yet kind of sad, game! It seems to use elements of Zork. Is there an ending?

Not sure if there are any elements used from Zork past the fact that both are text adventures. I don't even bother giving people the power to type their own words; instead limiting them to predefined options for each area in limbo.

But thank you, appriciate it. There is sort of an ending, but it's a bit of an anti climax. I didn't really have time to properly write a good ending, seeing that I had a few minutes spare to upload it and bugtest. 

#4 Constrictor

Constrictor

GMC Member

• 5 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 11:11 AM

Interesting game. I made a video play-through of it.

#5 mr magnus

mr magnus

Viking King

• GMC Member
  • 3739 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 11:39 AM

Interesting game. I made a video play-through of it.

I thank you for your interest, and would have watched the video. Unfortunatly youtube removed it before I had the chance. :/

#6 Constrictor

Constrictor

GMC Member

• 5 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 12:11 PM

Ah, yeah, those little ****s. My phone is out of commission right now so I'll have to figure out how to verify my account. Sorry about that.