GameMaker: Player Q&A Rules And Guidelines
The GameMaker: Player is a stand-alone app that can market and distribute your games. You can create projects and upload them to the Player for selling (or for free!) and then post a topic in the main Player forum to tell us about them. However should you have any issues then the Player Q&A Forum is the place to post them. The topics acceptable to this forum can cover the following things:
- General questions about the GameMaker: Player
- Bugs, either with the GMS IDE windows for using the Player, or with the Player web pages themselves (we would prefer that you post these to the helpdesk, but if you cannot then please post here)
- Issues with either GMS or the Player, like uploading, installing, game listings, etc...
- Discussions about the possible plagiarism of projects from other users, and other legal issues.
The following forum rules should be followed when posting:
- Do NOT post team requests for people to collaborate with on your projects. These topics will be removed.
- Do NOT post advertisements or topics promoting your Player projects, as we have a whole forum dedicated to that. These topics will be removed.
- Do NOT post to criticise or comment on another project on the Player, or purely to point out cheaper/better/free alternatives. If you post about a Player project created by somebody else, it should be related to legal issues (like plagiarism of resources or scripts) only.
- Please do not post suggestions for improvements or changes to the Player or GMS, as we already have a forum for those things here: Suggestion Box
- When posting, please use the available tags (where appropriate) to mark your topic.
- If your topic is about a bug or issue with the Player, or the GameMaker: Studio uploading process, please provide as much information as possible and the version number of GameMaker being used, as well as the version number of the Player (which can be found by clicking the on/off icon at the top right - the version number will be shown in the window that pops up).
Consider too the following guidelines:
- If your question has been answered, please do not delete or edit the contents of the original post as other members searching may benefit from it later.
- Before posting, please use the Search feature, as you may find your question is already answered in another topic.
- If answering, please be polite and concise, giving the maximum information possible.
The general GMC Rules also apply.