HANDICAP: DYING IN THE GAME HAS TWISTED BENEFITS
SECRET WORD: A _ _ _ _ D (ABSURD)
1 Snail_Man Gnomes 2 GameDevDan Hannah 3 Lune Auditurgatory 4 Jack Oatley and Hayman Marc Attack of the flying saucers from outer space 5 Detective Pixel Synclox 6 Coolbot4k Boppy and Zippy 7 Yal You will become a turret when you die 8 NAL Bullet Hills 9 Mercerenies Circuitboard 10 11clock Destitute 2 11 ChessMasterRiley Chronicle Timeflow 12 Mr magnus Beyond Limbo. 13 Dadio Captain Toof Vs Da Clone Tentacles 14 AntonHuckleberry Out Of Sync 15 Wikaman1 Clocktower Chaos 16 AndrewCay Toro Jump! 17 aamatniekss Clicheroes 18 Joh Sinch OS 19 Doc Nogloff The agonized lanks 20 TehPilot Soul Synch 21 Team Ettin Gemini 22 The M I am virus 23 Xor Imposter 24 Gizmo199 The Machine 25 Mercerenies GMCynchronized 26 JimmyBegg 9 Lives 27 Monstr Gaming BeatBoy 28 The Rock Abdo Circolors 29 RekNepZ Converge 30 Nallebeorn Dash-gunner 31 nvrogers Burning Time 32 the ch8t Dance dance detective pixel 2 33 Kepons Drusba 34 BretHudson Synchrobeatings 35 STDev Juliet 36 Goinbatty Ninja Arena Cube Of Deadness 37 Sirham Roy G. Biv 38 Greg Squire The not so great escape 39 shadowspear1 Drawn forth 40 Alice Long Range Delivery Service 41 Camper125Lv Missile Def 42 SampanVermaGreat Black Flag 43 Snotling Master Robot Boogie Rusty Pancake Island 45 brainstorm Bad ducks with bad karma 46 LukanSpellweaver Synchro Psymon trg601 Innocence 48 brainstorm SYNCHRONISE Lan shade Galactic Chaos 50 Soki The many lives of Greg 51 TcMax Stuck in sync 52 Goinbatty SUPPER PIXL ADVETUR!!1!!111! 53 DeliriumBoy Sheeple 54 pinsir935 SuperSymmetry mnsingh367 lose_control 56 Peps1992 Cynthia
So, it's January again and you know what that means? It's the Jam's anniversary!... The Sparkling GMC Jam #17 is here to bring in 4 years of the event!!! Time to create a 72 hour GameMaker masterpiece with which to scare away all the opposition and win the approval (or not!) of our peers. This time around the Jam will run from Saturday 24th of January through Monday 26th and will be 72 hours dedicated purely to game development. Are you ready?
For those of you that aren't initiated in the ways of the Jam, please read on...
WHAT IS IT?
The Jam is a community event that we organise to encourage people to experiment with GM and make something that will be interesting or entertaining within the limited timescale of 72 hours. This is not an official YoYo Games Ltd competition, it is run by the community for the community.
WHEN IS IT?
Competition officially Starts Saturday 24th January (but hype usually starts up on Friday before midnight when the theme is announced) and the contest is 72 hours long from 00:00 GMT Saturday 24th ...to... 23:59 GMT Monday 26th
THEME & HANDICAP
- Each jam has a theme, and participants are very much encouraged to use it
- This jam has a handicap too and you are also encouraged to use it
- Using the theme is NOT obligatory, nor is using the handicap, but using either will be valued when voting and using BOTH gets extra Kudos!
- To encourage use of theme, the highest-voted theme-based game gets to choose the theme for next Jam.
- The theme will not be revealed until just before the start of the Jam to prevent any advantages.
- The secret word was introduced in GMC Jam 15.
- The word is only partially revealed when the Jam starts and entrants must guess what the word is and put something to do with that word into their game.
- The word is not revealed until the jam is finished.
- There is a voting category for best use of secret word, but other than that this restriction is for fun and should not be taken into account when ranking a game's overall performance.
- All games are eligible (themed and non-themed and with or without handicap), but voters should take "use of theme" into account. Remember: non-theme games can win, but they CANNOT pick the next Jam's theme (see above).
- Voters rank all games, ultimately choosing 1st, 2nd and 3rd place as well as new special categories: Best use of restrictions, Best Presentation, Best Devlog and Best use of secret word.
- It is OBLIGATORY that when voting you leave feedback about WHY you voted for the game(s) you chose, even if it's only a few lines to say you loved the game idea or whatever. Failure to do so may result in your votes being removed.
- In order to encourage friendly community spirit, we ask that members not vote for their own game and please refrain from asking friends/family to do so if they are not part of this community. This has happened before and if you are found out your game may be removed from the Jam.
- Any form of cheating will result in the instant removal of your game from the jam and being blacklisted for all further community events.
- All games must be original creations specifically for the Jam, but you may use whatever resources you wish to complete the game: EG. dll, scripts, sprites and sounds etc etc etc...
- You may submit as many games as you wish, but only the highest rated game in the final vote will be eligible for winning any prizes.
- Games must be posted in the Official Games Topic before the finish deadline for the Jam, and posting a topic in the Games (or WIP) forum here at the GMC is recommended if you want feedback and opinions as the Games Topic is ONLY FOR POSTING GAMES. Hosting is up to the individual user. You may also include and update a development log in your official games topic post.
- The Official Games Topic must contain a link to your game and a short description.
- HTML5 Games are permitted, BUT MUST HAVE DIRECT LINK TO DOWNLOADABLE .EXE VERSION posted in the Official Games Topic.
- People are welcome to use any outside sites, and are also welcome to promote such sites, but the posting of topics and the voting will be done on the GMC.
- Teams are encouraged and can be organised by you with whomever you wish or you can participate in a random team (see below for more details)
- The deadline for entries is now more solid. It is known well in advance by everyone who reads the topic and some people were getting away with a little too much last time. From now on, no entries from the next day will be accepted.
GMC PRIZES Prizes will also be offered as members of the community contribute whatever the feel appropriate. EG: Coverage on their web site, custom graphics for the game, a video of the gameplay for YouTube...anything!
COMMUNITY PRIZE LIST
These are prizes kindly and very generously offered to us by GMC members. Donate your time/experience/whatever to this community endeavor! If you wish to add a community prize (game reviews, advertising etc...) please send a PM to me or Dangerous_Dave and they will add it to this post.
PLEASE DO NOT POST YOUR COMMUNITY PRIZE IN THIS TOPIC AS WE MAY NOT SEE IT!
Try not to let all of the prizes dominate 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place (but please do not reward last place!).
You may choose who gets your prize including: competitors, reviewers, winners of specific categories, or even the best development log!
Prizes will also be offered as members of the community contribute whatever the feel appropriate. EG: Coverage on their web site, custom graphics for the game, a video of the gameplay for YouTube...anything!